The children

By samara1carter

two teens diverge into the world which they thought they knew, but did not. In fact they find themselves thro... More

The Final Arc Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter five
chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
PART TWO (chapter eighteen) (warning may contain some foul language)
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty-seven
PART THREE (chapter twenty-eight)
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Dream Valley
Chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine

Chapter twenty

71 2 0
By samara1carter

  “What you don't understand Most of the people my brother and I killed were the people the police weren't aloud to lay a hand on they would have been sentenced for life but having as much money as they could meant that they would go walk free to rape, murder, sex slave ring, drug deal, all the horrible things in the book you name Zane and I have killed it. But look at it in our shoes for a moment. What we see is cleansing the world from villains who the police payed us to kill. On top of that we were providing food for the children who were barely able to walk or open there eyes were able to pay for the kids to have cloths on there backs that fit them and food in there stomachs. In our eyes we were protecting the weak with every thread of our being. But what your doing is killing the weak who was obviously stronger than your weak asses. I know street toddlers with more fighting skills than you two. You two should be ashamed of yourselves.” she was interrupted by Rene

“Oh so we should be ashamed but look at you how have you taken so many lives without thinking back at them and you were immortal the entire time!”

“Like hell I wasn't I relied on common sense for everyone of my answers that led me to the next day do you think it was my choice to become this queen no it wasn't my choice and now I have to plan a battle to the death with my mother after learning she's still alive oh and wait New providence wants me dead so they sent her out to kill the queen of Immortals.” she said with Jazz hands.

All of the students were creeping back in there seats after hearing how many people she killed in cold blood. But in a way I thought it was alright because in her eyes she was protecting a moral and lives that were saved in the process of only killing one person at a time. It sounded like me she always did a back ground check on each person before setting out with her brother. If you ask me she was the most amazing women you would ever EVER come acrossed the way she was always looking out for the all the highschool kids that was amazing how she even took on that tornado that would have killed us all for sure! So thats how she made it deflect was with her element! And one she had just learned to use.

I was kind of mad that she saw us all as weak though... I stared at the blood splatter on the wall as the principal continued to rage on saying that everyone in this room was suspended which shocked most of us. None of us started the fight nor stopped it and thats why we were all getting suspend for a week and poor Sam was the rest of the years which was not right what so ever. The whole class started to rebel.

Tyler screamed out with an accusing finger.

“Well you should know that you never suspended us when Sam was being beat around you just looked away from her innocent face. How sick of a man to suspend us only when the BULLIES were getting beat the hell out off when it was there time to feel the same pain. No oh wait you want your princess to take over your professional life to. What man are you to let a teen take over what your doing!” Tyler ran at him

Angry as hells bells, he swung a fist at him being stopped by Zera.

“Stop it Tyler whats done is done. But I will make sure that the legendary eight know of this injustice I will not stand for such behavior from a grown man. Expect you to loose your job for your horrible deeds.” Zera hissed in the principals face.

We all looked horrified at the principal as he slapped Zera acrossed the face yelling at her.

“You loud mouth street scum have no right to say my job will be taken away from me.” he growled.

Zera raised a brow at him. She had been tugging Roxy by the hair as she left with Tyler. We didn't see her till the end of the day. She was sitting on top of Roxy where Roxy was tied up squirming around until a black with green strips down the middle. A man with black hair and blue eyes stepped out and nodded grabbing the rope around Roxy pushing her into the back seat of the vehicle. The man left and Zera patted her hands on her thy's pulling her stained shirt she looked at tyler and looked away as they walked home. After they had left the rumors started right back up again. And nothing could stop them.

Back else where.

Sam's POV.

I awoke in a white room, my arm bandaged up in white cloth. Pain serried thru my Body, I gasped for breath. The redhead looked up from his work table at me. I tried to sit up, I winced as the pain everywhere spread like wild fire to every inch of my being.

“You will be staying here for the week your father already said that was fine. Roxy put poison on the shard of metal that went in your arm. It was a weak one so your able to fight it off easily.” James nodded.

I fell back down into the white bed my arm was bleeding thru my body. I cried out as my arm throbbed. I turned over on my other side hiding my twisted up face that was fighting the pain as good as it could.

I could hear a voice enter the room.

“Is there anything you want me to do for her like any herbs or medicines she needs?” a gentle voice asked James.

I turned just enough to see the same slouched man from with black hair that danced over his face. I wanted to ask his him for his name but I couldn't the pain covered my body like a wave blanketing me with a new surge.

“At the moment Lee she's going to have to fight through this as good as she can this is not a deadly poison, its just one that causes excessive pain one the person its used on. It only lasts for two days so she should be back to normal in two days.” James nodded firmly.

Couldn't they help ease away some of the pain just a little. No pain as it is, fine because then you know your still alive!

I could feel Lee's eyes glance over me before he left. I grasped to the pillow my mother had be so kind to drop off. 'Mr. Squishy' I held the pillow close to me underneath my chin. I bit my lip still holding back the screams that wanted to come with the fresh waves.

No ones POV

Zera walked inside the room her eyes glance over Sam filled with sorrow. And then back to James with anger.

“This is an injustice! I will not stand for such a sweet girl to have to go threw so much pain. No matter what she does, she is always doing her best to think positively about the world, and yet not even the teachers try to help her! And they are supposed to be responsible adults! Can't you fix it in some way.” she whispered in a demanding tone.

James placed his book he was reading down on the table. And opened another and pulled out a pen.

“What do you suppose I do we can't save the world from bulling like this, and by doing this you would be abusing your power for your own gain.” he sighed

Zera slammed a hand down softly on the table to make a point.

“I have never asked you people for anything so far I have done everything in my own power have I not. And here you say I'm abusing it! I don't see it that way this man whom ever his name is needs to loose his job and go through the same shit Sam did in order to understand just how she felt! And they say that schools are the safest places to be but you see school shootings happening more and for why. I sure at one point Sam would have just been the person to kill herself and no one but her parents would miss her! If I hadn't come to this school I can already tell she would have tried to kill herself again. Do you see what they've said in her face. Even behind her back in ear shot she endured every last word for the last three years. I don't ever want someone to suffer like that NEVER. They say street life is hard but I would have to say the life she's had was much harder.” Zera hissed the last part and slammed the door leaving making the room vibrate.

Making the girl in the white bed whimper aloud for the first time in the pain surge from the vibrations.

Sam's POV.

I closed my mind off from my body I had to remind myself as long as I didn't think I wasn't in pain then I could sleep. And as I closed my eyes a black curtain fell before me all around me. I was standing in the middle of a dim stage. I could hear a voice coming towards me. I turned around to face it. The girl from a story I was reading appeared before me. I looked closely at her. Her blue eyes followed me where ever I moved.

“Are you Samara King?” I questioned the figure on the stage.

The female nodded her short hair bouncing with her head. I clapped my hands together and hugged her tightly.

“So you really do exist right? I hope so I read about your life and I give you many thanks on helping me endure with out shedding tears in the faces of people.” I smiled thanking her

She smiled nodding.

“My past being's body didn't want me anymore and I was selecting my next mortal being to bond with. Are you okay with being picked?” she questioned softly.

I stepped back to get a full look of her faint body.

“Why even ask you are my role model since I ever started reading your biography. Its moved me into the person I am today. So I'm more than happy to share a body so you can view the world differently again.” I smiled

She thanked me as she began to sing the song of the hunter's winter. I was moved into singing with her as I learned the verse's. I watched her walk straight into my being as the currents lifted the forever unreal pain thrash me awake with tears and a small gasp escape my throat. I looked for anything to relieve the pain at all. When finding none I curled up in a small ball and cried into Mr. Squishy. I buried the sobs into the pillow. Samara was curious on figuring out why my body was in this shape and set to work on figuring it all out.

The next day the pain had already hit the peak and had faded away the majority of it I could walk around now but not with out wincing. The first thing I did was asked Zera if we could train. She looked at me as if I was Crazy but said yes nonetheless. Which I was a bit happy to show Samara all that I could already do. She was pleased to a degree that I was able to do at least, 50 push ups and 75 pull ups. And then sprint a 1.5 miles. I smiled with glee as I moved more the less the pain bothered me because my mind wasn't thinking about it at all. Zera refused training my fighting skills for today saying that I still had two more days of rest here. I sighed but allowed it. I pulled out some Crochet, I was making a large hackie sack!

Zane appeared behind me as I was finishing it up.

“cool can we brake in this new Toy.” he smiled with glee.

I nodded

“I suck at hackie sack so go on,” I tossed him it.

He and Tyler went out like a full blown war. I watched them up until I saw Brandon and Seb walk in with Zera. Zera made them scared of something I not sure what. I shook it away as Tyler tossed the bag over towards Brandon and Seb. Seb kicked it back into play. They started playing I watched them contently as the pain faded away with every breath. Till my body was finally at peace. I fell asleep with my head in my hand.

I was awakened by voices calling my name and gently shaking me. My eyes flickered open. Looking up at Zane as he Brandon, Tyler, and Seb were waking me up.

“What is it now?” I asked yawning and rubbing my eyes.

I sat up looking around they had the hackie sack stuck in my shirt some how???

I reached in to take it out and question them.

“We can't help you move around a lot in your sleep,” they laughed.

“Well sorry! shess at least I didn't talk in my sleep hopefully.” I yawned again tossing them the hackie sack.

There looks on the faces didn't change so there for I did talk in my sleep I wonder what I said this time! I hope its nothing to do with Purple Bananas this time... sigh.

The week passed away fast and I was back to normal training every night nonstop. I laughed as I got closer and closer to my goal of being able to do 150 push ups and 180 pull ups. I can say my noodle arms weren't so noodle anymore ;).

One day we saw the new principal walk into the school she was pretty with bright light brown hair and emerald green eyes. Everyone was calling her Miss King. She looked like she was in her early thirty's. A lot of the teen guys whistled as she pasted she would scold them like little school children. She was always walking around the classes with a clipboard. She was wearing cute office glasses that fit her tire.

She had called me to the office one day to ask me how the bulling started in the first place. I told her what I thought but how I really didn't know how it started. She nodded spoke strongly.

“If they ever do so again come to me I make it stop.”

I thanked her and left feeling even more lighter than I had three years before. It was like this huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. I was never picked on ever again which was more than all my prayers could answer. I felt as if God was the one who sent Zera here to help me. I tugged my backpack up higher on to my back. Everyone was surrounding the tables in front of the cafeteria. I peeked over the short people. There were people talking about the Navy and were handing out things to people who could do so many push-ups. I felt someone take off my backpack and force me into the lions den.

“Well miss can you beat the record of fifty push ups?” the man asked

he was standing over me. About ready to say I could leave if I wasn't strong enough. But I cleared my voice.

“Yes, Sir.” I saluted

I dropped down in the proper position for Pushing up. My Mp3 player started playing 'The Crave' by Mumford and Sons. I had a bead of sweat drip off my forehead as I was passing fifty, my arms started quivering at one hundred, I was slowing down at 130. I was pushing my every muscle to get to the goal the goal was so close. I slowly pushed back up at the goal line passing it before finally crumbling.

“Ugh, my arms are jello now!” I sighed

I used my feet to push off the ground to stand. I couldn't lift my arms above my waist which I was cursing inside as I was being given a poster and a choice of something I wanted off the table. I shook my head and said these very words.

“No thank you, I'm happy enough to know that I have reached the goal I made for myself at 150 push ups by the end of the year. I've improved a lot in the past nine months enough to say from not being able to do one push up to push my self until I got the goal is enough happiness for me to hold.” I smiled walking off.

They were all gawking at me as I was leaving. The terms had changed today so I had new classes. Everyone in my grade had to go to P.E. As well. Brandon, Seb, Ceil, Zane, Tony, Zera, and Tyler all had the same class. Zera, Zane, And Tyler were taking it again since they didn't feel like taking online P.E. Said it was for the wimps.

At the girls locker room the faint memories of the girls trashing my things still held in the air. I closed my locker door with positive thoughts. I tied my shoes waiting to get out and work my arms again get some feeling back into the Jello noodles. Lol.

The girls Gym teacher and the Guys teacher all walked us out to the Track. I was jumpy.

“I can't wait this is the first time I get to run on a real track with my new strength!” I exclaimed happily.

Zera smiled high five-ing me. As we got onto the tracks Zane, Tyler, and Zera were the next goal for me to reach in my jogging. I know its impossible, but at least I can try as best I can.

“Okay kids Were letting you get ready for the mile test for the new ones joining us push yourselves. And for the others two miles for the five mile jog test.”

I jumped in glee I had already been jogging at least five every two days in training! So this could be easy peezy. I started with my own pace slow at the beginning like at swim meets and sprint the last portion. Though during Training Kuda would never let that happen she would make sure I stayed sprinting the entire time.

As I made it to the second mile I was already behind the other guys but only by two hundred yards. I picked up the pace imaginary Kuda that was right there in front of me, always a little faster than I was. This tricked myself into jogging faster than before. I had easily pasted the four guys leaving them stunned in the dust. Even the track team that mingled in were frozen, as I pasted them. To me they were just going to slow Kuda was going way much faster. Or at least the one in my mine was. :p.

As I pasted the line we went inside to mixed play at different stations. Zera was double training me today I guess. *Smile inside*. There was the pull up bar above the door. My arms were back to normal to a point still sore but nothing I can't push through.

“Okay see if you can make your second goal of the year? I'll be rooting for ya girl show us the 180 pull ups.” Zera winked.

She, Zane, Tyler, etc. (the class) were watching. I blushed a little as I jumped up to the bar positioning me into a comfortable location on the bar. I started pulling myself up all the way to my shoulders before I would drop back down and start again. The cycle continued with out slowing down until I got to 145 pull ups. That meant only 37 more till I reach that goal only 34 more.

As I got to 170 my arms were quivering worse than when I was doing the push ups. But I bit my lip pushing myself till I was red faced. As I was one the last one I pulled slowly as the pain ached everywhere my body wanted to stop so badly. But I wasn't giving into it not now not ever. I had a goal and I had only one more till I got that goal. With one last pull I made my goal. I dropped onto my but afterwards but I didn't care I was smiling like and idiot.

“I made it I made it I'm so happy I made it I really got my goals!” I exclaimed joyfully. Wanting to fist pump but I couldn't even get changed afterwards. So I stayed in my P.E. Cloths I couldn't careless. As I walked home Zera stopped me.

“So now that you made your goal what do you plan to set now?” she asked me.

“I was thinking that I could learn a few more selfdefense moves and anything else you want to teach me,” I smiled thanking her.

She laughed.

“Alright you will become the Queens apprentice like Tyler. You've got a lot of work ahead of you girl. Take a days rest alright.”

She ruffled my hair as they dropped me off at home. I walked inside and told my parents about my day at school. And then said I was going to walk the dog like normal. I started singing, to any songs one my Mp3 player played. I let my voice soar into the clouds. I hadn't been able to sing in over two years it felt so good to let my voice free. I was gently dancing to the tone. Buddy trotted onward, making me stop and jog a little so he could run at sprint mode for a few minutes.

We were walking back home when the biggest dog I ever did see. It was muscular all over, it stopped and looked over at me and Buddy. It was walking over. It DIDN'T have a collar that I could see of. Buddy was excited as this monster dog walked closer. Soon it was standing right in front of us. Buddy had ran over to sniff him. I stood still not looking in the dogs eyes. Or feeling the fear, thats what would make such a large dog attack and I couldn't defend myself against such a big dog I don't think anyone could. Its head was well above my hip. Its nose could easily touch my belly if it wanted to. The dog walked with ease in each step near me. But it paused to look up at my face to look in my eyes.

Samara was rejoicing inside of me taking over of one of my eyes changing it to her old eye color. The cold blue, and that one eye glanced down making contact with the black eyes of the big dog. The dog seemed to wag its tail before it walked off by its self towards the park.

My eyes blinked a few times as if it caught something inside of them. I blinked them until I got inside the house to tell my parents of the big encounter.

The next day at school kids who lived around the park were talking about the dog that the dog catchers couldn't catch. No matter how many shoots they fired at it. They even tried killing the dog but nothing was working. With all the commotion one of the adults that lived in the abandoned Factory walked out and called a name and the big brown mutt walked over wagging its tail like crazy.

The redhead that got the dog payed a large fine and has to take the dog to the vet to be checked out. But the redhead said that he has one on staff and they would right a report and turn it into the police. And right now the large dog has been tied to the side of the abandoned factory.

AT lunch when Zera sat down at the table I told her about my encounter with this monster dog before it had gone to the park, or as it was making its way to the park. She made a frown on her face and said that Training would be like usual. And that I was welcome to stay the night tonight. Being friday and all.

I nodded and finished my meal. Dumping it out in the trash, still lost thinking about the large brown dog. I was lost daydreaming about that dog the entire day. Samara was rejoicing like crazy saying things in song like.

“Goliath oh my Goliath you have come back just like you promised

My precious Brown dog has made it back from his travels around the

World.”

I was confused in a way what she was saying. But shook it away to focus on walking home. I needed to be able to tell when a car was coming or not. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...
89.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
444K 9.3K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.