Annabelle's serenade

By RealCharlieHenbury

It's a story about a young girl trying to find her place in the world. When she unexpectedly falls in love wi... More

Act 1: In the lonely hour
Act 2: part 2 "Day off "
Act 3

Act 2: Pet shop boy encounter

88 3 0
By RealCharlieHenbury

Every morning at 10 o clock I open my pet store normally I stop off by Starbucks to buy the usual cappuccino coffee drink with no added sugar. Apart from that I live an ordinary life. I ride my bike here.

(Behind the shop counter) Annabelle reading a newspaper, so far no costumer has entered. Seconds later she hears the door go (bell) sound on top.

Annabelle: "Gooday!"

Male: Hello

Annabelle pitches her right arm, hint of physical attractive with another person.

Annabelle: Is there anything I can help you with?

Male: Eh let me think have you got any hamsters?

Annabelle: Ha (smile) we we've got plenty of hamsters in this pet store. Your bound to find the perfect one. So What kind are you specifically looking for?

Male: brownish, white hamster.

Annabelle: Okay, I just know what your looking for! come with me at the back here.

Annabelle walking far ahead guiding this stranger male to the hamster he wants to purchase.

Close-up of the hamster running around on his wheel.

Male: Geez, this hamster is fantastico. He'll feel right at home in my new apartment.

Annabelle: Oh so your new to the neighbourhood huh?

Male: I'm sorry?

Annabelle: You mention you have a new apartment.

Male: Yes.. (giggle) sorry kind of get sided tracked sometimes, yeah cosy studio 1 bedroom apartment. It will do for now. Until I have a better job.

Annabelle: I think that's awesome... (silence) What's your name anyway? just out of curiosity.

Male: Names Jared

Annabelle: Nice to meet you Jared my name is Annabelle. Smiling to one another.

Jared: What a lovely name you. You from around these parts?

Annabelle: Of course I am, what's a guy like you shopping in a pet store huh?! haha.

Jared: I'll tell you the real reason why I came here. My mother recommended it was the best pet store in New England. So I took her word for it. Is that good enough for you?

Annabelle: Interesting. I'm Wondering if your mother is a regular costumer of mine, she might of sent you here to set me up with you and me. No that would be ridiculous wouldn't it? haha. Silly thought.

Jared: Afraid not Annabelle. I am devoted my love to another close to my heart. I have a girlfriend and we both attend university.

Annabelle: No wonder you dress in casual clothes. Your a university student. Very impressive.

Jared: studying compute science, writing coding, programming etc.

Annabelle: Really? cool stuff. I'm more of a book, music, art self-obsessive eccentric geek.

Jared: Wow! I love music and the arts too. Hey Annabelle I better go. (Text message from his girlfriend)

Annabelle: Oh... no you go don't worry about me. I do this job for a living just to put some food on the table. And pay my parents rent haha. Will we meet again? at some unfortunate time and place.

Jared: Yeah, sure I'll pop by sometime in the week for definite.

Annabelle: Alrighty then you have a nice day. Nice meeting you Jared anyways (hand shake) goodbye talk to you later!

(End scene)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 236K 49
"Stop trying to act like my fiancΓ©e because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.7M 92.7K 46
|π‘π¨π¬πžπ¬ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 π‚π’π πšπ«πžπ­π­πžπ¬ - 𝐈| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Jun...
5.3M 475K 98
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
1.7M 17.5K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...