Redamancy

By chardawnxstories

(n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full Simple CharDawn stories that brings hap... More

I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.

VIII.

1K 56 2
By chardawnxstories

Dawn woke up a little late today coz it was a holiday. The kids have no school and Anton is in Davao. She checked the kids and they were still sleeping.

"I'll just let them sleep some more", she thought.

They stayed up late the night before because the kids wanted to watch a movie with her.

She went down to grab a cup of coffee and started browsing thru her social media. She'll wait for the kids to wake up so they can have breakfast together.

Soon, the kids went down, greeted her good morning with kisses and hugs. They were eating already when Ayisha asks..

"What are we doing today, Mama?"
"Hmmm.. I might go to the grocery. You want to come?"
"Okay!"
"How about you, Jacobo?"
"Can I go to my friend's house? We'll play basketball."
"Okay. But you have to be home by 4pm."
Jacobo agrees.

Dawn decided to go to her favorite grocery, SnR.

Dawn and Ayisha roam around the grocery. Aisle by aisle, getting what is on the mother's grocery list. The kid skipped through the aisle of candies and chocolates even before Dawn could stop her.

"Mama, can we buy that?" Ayisha asked pointing a box of poptarts when they passed the sweets section.

"I told you, if you keep on eating candies, masisira 'yang teeth mo"

"Just this one, Mama!"

"You said that when we bought skittles yesterday."

"Please, Mama!"

"Hay na-"

"Ang strict naman ni Mama!" Dawn was cut off by a very familiar voice.

She turned and saw a very, familiar face smiling at her.

"Gomz!"

Richard laughed at the look on her face - a bit surprised.

Before she could say anything, Gomz approached her and gave her a beso on the cheek.

"What are-"

Richard gets the box of pop tarts, kneeled down to Ayisha's level and handed it to her.

Ayisha smiled while getting the box from Richard.

Dawn sighs and shakes her head in disbelief.

"Drink lots of water after you eat these, ha?" Richard tells Ayisha -- who can't believe her luck.

Ayisha nods in reply and blurts out, "Thank you po!"

Richard ruffles her hair and chuckles.

"Always the spoiler!" Dawn says.

"Minsan lang naman!"

"Anyway, I'm surprised na nandito ka and doing the grocery!"

"Ako ata ang dapat magulat na nandito ka! Atsaka, ako naman talaga ang namimili ng pagkain kahit noon pa!"

Dawn giggles 'cause that's the truth. Even way back when they were together, Richard would always take care of the grocery and does the cooking. He was always the better cook. She just picked up the fondness of going around the grocery when she became a wife.

"Sino palang kasama mo?"

"Si -"

"Dad?"

Dawn looks behind him and Juliana approached them with two jars of Peanut Butter.

"Anak! Say hi to Tita Dawn!"

Juliana managed to put the jars in their cart before approaching Dawn and gave her a beso.
Dawn smiles as she looks at this beautiful teenager that is a spitting image of Richard.

"How are you, hija?"

"Doing good, Tita!"

"You are so beautiful! Manang-mana sa mommy!"

Juliana smiles shyly.

"Anong mana sa mommy?" Richard butts in.

"Kamukha ko yan! Kaya maganda yan!" Dawn giggles and looks at Juliana again.

"Wag ka magmamana sa Daddy mo, ha? Napakabolero niyan!"

Juliana giggles, "Noted, Tita!"
Richard chuckles.

Dawn was about to say something when she hears Ayisha at the end of the aisle..

"Mom! I found the cereals!"

"Okay, sweetie!"

She faces Richard and Juliana.

"O paano, we'll go ahead?"

Richard nods.

"It was nice seeing you!"

Dawn gave them both besos.

"Bye, Dawn!"

Dawn smiles and pushed her cart to follow Ayisha.

The mother and daughter tandem was able to finish the grocery. They are waiting at the driveway of SnR for the driver - who called that he is running late because Jacobo was dropped off to his friend's house.

Ayisha is starting to get impatient but Dawn promised her to get ice cream as long as she behaves.

She was about to call the driver again when a Pajero stopped in front of them and the window rolled down.

"Dawn!"

Richard and Juliana.

"Hi, again!"

"Wala pa kayong sundo?"

"Na traffic yung driver pero parating na siguro yun."

"Hatid ko na kayo!"

"No need. It's fine!"

"Hindi na! Malapit lang naman kayo!"

"Okay la-"

"Mom, let's just ride with them. I want to go home.."

Dawn looks at Ayisha.

"But, anak.."

"Please, mom?"

"Tara na, Dawn! Juls, can you help with Ayisha? Kunin ko na yung grocery nila."

Everything just happened so fast.

Richard got out of the driver seat and got their groceries. Juliana took Ayisha and helped her at the back seat with her.

"Tita Dawn, you can sit in front with Dad."

And Dawn.. well, she just stood there. Stunned.

Richard opened the door for her.

"Sasakay ka ba? Or si Ayisha lang ang ihahatid ko?"

Dawn sighs and hopped on.

It was a quiet ride with just the soft radio in the background. Richard was driving around BGC - where the traffic is starting to pile up, and Dawn was busy texting her driver not to pick them up anymore. While the two girls were giggling 'cause Ayisha was teaching Juliana how to do the tiktok.

Dawn sighs.

"Okay ka lang?"

Dawn looks at him.

"Sorry. It's nothing. Sobrang hassle lang. Naka-abala pa kami."

"Suuuus! Wala to! Wala rin naman kaming gagawin ni Juliana. Busy rin kasi si Lucy."
Dawn nods.

Suddenly, Richard turns to Mcdo for a drivethru.

Dawn looks at him.

Richard smiles.

"Sorry. Nagugutom ako eh."

Dawn giggles.

"Kaya ang taba mo eh!"

Juliana laughs at her comment.

Dawn looks at her.

"Sorry, Juls!"

"It's okay, Tita. I told him to go back to volleyball eh. Sabi ko rin he is getting big na!"

"Ouch naman! Napagtulungan ako!" Richard says with a matching OA expression.

The two ladies laughed.

"Busy nga kasi! Grabe yung oras ko sa city hall."

"Okay! Napaka defensive naman!" Dawn reacts.

Richard sighs, "Anyway, what are you having?" He asks as their car was about to have their turn at the machine.

"Can I have ice cream, Mama?"

Ayisha asks as she goes in between the front seats.

"We can have ice cream at home, sweetie.."

Dawn replies. Richard shakes his head.

Ayisha pouts and sits back on her seat.

Richard pulls over at the machine and starts to order.

"1 big mac, 3 cheeseburgers, lahat large meals, orange juice as drinks, 4 mcflurries, and 4 apple pies.."

Big Mac, Cheeseburgers, and fries. His all time favorite. Their favorites. "Hindi pa rin nagbabago", she thought.

The car moved to the next window. Dawn was about to get her wallet but Richard paid already.

"Keep the change!"

Dawn looks at him.

"Himala!

"What?"

"Keep the change?"

Richard chuckles. "Generous ako!"

"Kailan pa?"

"Matagal na! Atsaka I feel like giving a good tip today!"

"Ewan ko sayo!"

Richard chuckles again.

"Tanong mo pa kay Juliana!"
"Hay nako! You know Juliana?"

Juliana looks at them through the rearview mirror.

"Years ago.. Your dad is super kuripot!"

Juliana giggles.

"Until now naman, Tita!"

"Excuse me!" Richard butts in.. "hindi ako kuripot!"

"Actually, Tita.. pag food.. doon lang siya hindi kuripot." Dawn giggles.

Richard stops at the next window and claimed the food. He handed everything to Juliana at first and drove away. He parked by the sidewalk and pressed the hazard button. He took the food again and grabbed the ice cream and gave it to Ayisha.

Ayisha's eyes lit up instantly.

"Gomz.."

"Ice cream lang! Mag loosen up ka nga!"

Dawn sighs.

"What do you say, sweetie?"

"Thank you, Tito Richard" and quickly gave Goma a kiss on the cheek.

"You are most welcome! Kain lang!"

Richard gave Dawn a cheeseburger, her fries, drink, ice cream and apple pie.

"Ang dami naman!"

"Kumain ka. Ang payat mo."

Then Richard gave the others back to Juliana and Ayisha to share but got his Big Mac and drink with him.

He opened the box and took a bite.
All this time, Dawn was just watching him while the two girls still bonding over their phones and McDo.

Richard took his third bite..

"Alam mo.." he swallows, "kainin mo na bago lumamig. Ayaw mo pa naman ng cold burgers.."

Dawn opened the wrapper and took a bite. Dawn sighs in relief.

"Grabe.. sarap na sarap?"

Dawn giggles..

"Its been a while since my last cheeseburger.."

"Diet?"

"Hindi naman. We dont usually order fast food na.."

"Ah okay.." then Richard took another bite as Dawn eats hers, too.

In less than 5 minutes, Richard finished the burger, drank some of his juice and started to drive again.

They were halfway to Dawn's house when Richard said..

"Dawn.."

"Hmmm?" As she eats her fries.

"Pahinge?"

"Ng?"

"Fries"

Automatically, as if it was an instinct, Dawn got two pieces and fed Richard.

"Thanks!"

They went on like that, Richard driving and Dawn feeding him fries. A thing that they would usually do when they go on roadtrips when they were still together. A moment she enjoyed the most.

They reached Dawn's place and as Richard pulls over, he immediately got down and opened the door for Dawn, same with Juliana with Ayisha. Just like a big sister.

"Gomz, ipapakuha ko na lang yung groceries."

"Hindi na. Kaya ko naman!"

"Please?"

"Ako na." He said firmly.

"Fine. Pero kahit hanggang doon na lang sa pinto."

Richard nods and closed the passenger seat, went to the trunk and got her groceries.

Dawn approached their gate and pressed the doorbell, her helper opened it and automatically got the groceries from Richard.

Soon, everything was inside and the four were left outside.

"So paano? Una na kami.."

"Thank you again for driving us home.."

"Anytime! Ikaw pa ba!"

"Juliana, thank you for keeping Ayisha entertained."

"No problem, Tita! I had fun with her!"

Dawn smiles.

"Anak, give Tito Richard and Juliana a kiss!"
Ayisha approached Juliana first.

"Thank you, Ate!" And gave her a hug.

"You are welcome! Maybe you can go to my house and we'll play some more.."

"Or you can visit me here!"

Juliana giggles, "Sure!"

"Naku! You are welcome here, Juliana!"

Juliana apprached Dawn to give her a beso and hug.

"Thanks, Tita Dawn!"

"No.. THANK YOU! And please, tell your Dad to go back to sports!"

They both laughed.

Ayisha approached Richard.

Richard stoop down to her level and gave her a hug.

"Thank you, Tito! For the candies and ice cream!"

"Welcome! But drink lots of water, okay? Plus, share with your Kuya! And if Mama doesn't allow you to eat them, call me!" Richard gave her a wink and Ayisha giggles at his joke.
Richard stood up and gave Dawn a beso.

"I will see you soon?"

Dawn nods.

"Balita ko may project daw tayo!"

"Yeah. I hope it's good!"

"Me, too!" She smiles.. "Sige na.. ingat kayo!"

Richard and Juliana rode their car, waved goodbye through the window, honked once as they went on their way.

As Dawn and Ayisha went inside, she recalled what happened that day and smiled as it was a good holiday for her and Ayisha. She hope it was for Richard's, too!

-end-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 826 28
πš†πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ πšπš’πš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ πšπš›πš˜πš– πš‹πšŠπš‹πš’? π™°πš—πš πš πšŽπš›πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšœπšŽπš—πš 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 πš–πšŽ ? π™Ύπš‘ πšƒπš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ'𝚜 π™Άπš˜πš πš’πš— πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’...
414 28 13
Sometimes, love can happen from consuming the gingerbread made by a hopeful maiden, but when the time is right, love can grow even without the help o...
1.3K 97 40
A story about moving on and falling in love again...
6.2K 229 11
Redamancy (n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full.