IX.

Dawn woke up from giggles and kisses. Her kids are smothering her which she loves the most. She smiled as she smells bacon, eggs, fried rice, and coffee.

"Wake up, Mama!"
"We made breakfast for you!"

She opened her eyes fully and saw her kids beside her. Anton was standing at the edge of the bed with the breakfast tray.

"Happy Birthday, Hon!"
Dawn smiles, "Thank you, my darlings!"
"Eat na, Mama!"

Anton puts the tray on the bed while Jacobo got a bouquet of flowers and Ayisha got a mini-cake for her to blow.
"Wow! You really prepared for this!"
The kids nodded.
"Make a wish, Mama!"
Dawn closed her eyes, thanked the Lord for giving her 50 years of life, and for having this family. She opened her eyes and blew her candle.
"Yay! What's your wish, Mama?" Ayisha asked.
"Secret!" Dawn teases.
"C'mon, Mama!"
Dawn giggles, "well, I just wished for good health for all of us.. and for all of us to be happy always.."
Ayisha kissed her on the cheek.
"We love you, Mama! Happy Birthday!"
"Awwww. I love the three of you, too!"

Dawn started to devour the food and asked the kids to prepare for school. It is a Monday after all and the kids have exams. They can't be late. She checked her phone and started replying to some of the birthday greetings she received. She browsed through her social media and saw hundreds of greetings as well.

"I will just reply tonight.."  Dawn tells herself.

She finished her breakfast and checked on the kids before the driver brings them to school. She also helped Anton as he gets ready for work.

"Dinner tonight?" Anton asks.
"I thought we'll do the party this weekend?"
"Well, the kids want to celebrate some more.. don't worry, I'll take care of reservations.. or do you want to just stay here? I will cook!"
Dawn smiles, "anything will do.. just let me know later what time you'll finish so I can get ready."
"Okay. What's your plan today?"
"Hmmm.. i will probably drop by the church first then i'll decide. I just want a relaxing day.."
"Sure. Anything you want.. It's your day!"
Anton kisses her and left for work.

Dawn goes down and saw gift packages and flowers from friends, family, collegues and endorsements. She took her time looking at each one, took a picture of it so that she can send a thank you message. She was almost done when she saw a simple flower arrangement of her favorite flowers. She opened the card and saw the message that says, "Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!", but there was no name. She shrugged it off because maybe it was from Anton and the kids again. When she was done, she took a shower, wore something comfortable and went to church.

She got to the church which was almost empty. A few people were praying and some were cleaning the altar, so she went to one of the middle pews, kneeled and started to pray. It took her a while to say her thanksgiving and praise, after all, so many good things happened to her for the past 50 years. When she is done, she decided to light a candle to offer her intentions this year. She was about to stand when somebody kneeled beside her. She looked and smiled..

"Happy Birthday.."
"Thank you, Gomz.."

They both sat down.
"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" She asks quietly..
"I just got back from Ormoc when I decided to drop by to pray for you.."
"For me?"
"Birthday mo diba?"
Dawn giggles but her cheeks blushed a little.
"I saw you na from the entrance pa lang.. nakaluhod ako dito sa upuan sa likod mo. Di mo lang napansin kasi mukhang seryoso yung dasal mo.."
"Well, I'm just thankful and prayed for more blessings.."
"I'm sure God will grant your wishes.. ikaw pa ba.. eh ang bait mo.."
Dawn smiles.
"Anyway, I dont want to keep you any longer since it's your birthday.."
"No.. it's fine. Actually wala naman akong gagawin."
"Ha? Bakit wala?"
"I didn't make any plans today. The kids have school and Anton is at work. I just want a relaxed day. So maybe I will go to the spa and the salon to pamper myself. Tonight na lang daw kami magcelebrate. Dinner na lang kami.."
Richard nodded.
"Ikaw? Baka may trabaho ka?"
"Wala naman. Bukas pa yung meeting ko. Umuwi lang ako ng a day early para rin makapahinga.. hirap ng tumatanda eh."
Dawn giggles.
"Buti ka pa, hindi tumatanda!"
"Anong hindi? Eh 50 na ako! Gosh!"
"50? Sigurado ka? Baka naman 25 ka lang!"
Dawn blushes.
"Sa ganda mo yan, hindi ka mukhang tumanda."
"Tama na nga yang bola mo!"
Richard chuckles.
"Anyway, wala ka palang plans.. gusto mo magbrunch? Di pa ako kumakain. Gutom na ako."