The False Hope (Attack on Tit...

By Panilith

The person who lives to create, he who seeks to know, and damned to be used by others own greed and selfishne... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Lost Hope
Chapter 2: That Day I Was Reborn
Chapter 3: The False Light in The Despair
Chapter 4: The New Era Begins
Chapter 5: Battle for Trost
Chapter 6: Courtroom Drama
Chapter 7: The Bonds We Share
Chapter 8: New Bond and A Shattered Heart
Chapter 9: The Mask Cracks
Chapter 11: A Broken Reflection
Chapter 12: Standing Back Up
Chapter 13: Returning To The Cage
Chapter 14: Forever Together
Chapter 15: The Broken and The Rebellious
Chapter 16: My Freedom
Chapter 17: Ikaros
Chapter 18: The Old Age Ends And A New Begins

Chapter 10: A Way Out

4.4K 134 20
By Panilith

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

After a few minutes, Krista found herself asleep next to (Y/n) as they used one another as pillows. They weren't the only ones asleep as some of the others were asleep except those on watch, Ymir, Bertholdt, and Reiner. Ymir went into the room that Gelgar found the bottle of alcohol in. Reiner was rather curious to why she was in there and decided to check in on her. As he went in, he found Ymir rummaging through a wooden crate while holding a candle for light.

Reiner: "Ymir? What are you doing?" he asked curiously.

Ymir: "Prowling at night, Reiner? Come to see me? I'm shocked. I was under the impression that you had no interest in women." she joked looking back to him.

Reiner: "Yeah. And it doesn't seem like you have interest in guys, either." he pointed out.

Ymir: "Ha!" she laughed at his comeback as she went back to the box.

Ymir: "I thought I'd use this time to scavenge for something that might fill my stomach. This'll probably end up being my last meal." she told him.

Reiner didn't say anything as he looked out the door before closing the door behind him.

Reiner: "About Connie's village... were you joking around on purpose? I'd appreciate if you did more of that. So that he doesn't keep worrying about his family." he told her.

Ymir: "What are you talking about? Huh? ... This might do the trick. Not that I like herring, but-" she started saying only to stop confusing Reiner.

Reiner: "Is there any more? Could I see it?" he asked walking over to her.

She gave him the can as she looked back inside the crate not saying a word.

Reiner: "Canned food, huh? ...! What... are these letters? I can't read any of this. This says herring on it? You... are... able to read this language? Ymir... You're..." he said in shock.

Before he could finish his sentence, Lynne came running down the stairs as she looked towards everyone with a panic look.

Lynne: "Everyone, wake up! Get to the tower! Quickly!" she yelled to them waking up most of them except Krista and (Y/n), who were dead asleep. 

They began running up the stairs with Ymir waking up Krista and Reiner picking up (Y/n) and putting him as he was startled away. As they made their way up the stairs to the top of the tower, they began hearing the sound of rumbling. It didn't take long to see what it was. Titans. A lot of them.

Nanaba: "I couldn't see them in the darkness, but then the moon..." she said in disbelief.

Gelgar: "Why? Why can they move? It's been so long since the sunset!" he yelled in horror.

Krista: "What's going on here?" she asked.

(Y/n): "The moonlight?" he questioned looking up to the moon.

Connie: "...hey! Look at that!" he said pointing towards a large, hairy, ape-like Titan.

Connie: "It's huge! What the hell is it? A Titan? No, it's more like... it's like a beast! Right? ...it's heading for the wall!" he yelled.

That was when they all felt the tower shake as they stumbled a bit. Gelgar was quick to look down the edge to see Titans hitting the tower.

Gelgar: "Hey, wait! Wait, wait, wait up! Don't you be coming in here! You gotta be fricking kidding me. I'd be drinking right now if it wasn't for you! This is all your fault!" he yelled at the large group of Titans made their way to the tower.

Nanaba: "Stand back, rookies. Leave it to us. It's time to show off our ODM gear... Let's go!" she yelled to her squadmates.

Everyone else watched as the senior Survey Corps members flew down to engage the Titans getting near the tower only for one of them to fly up to them after killing a small Titan that was stuck underneath a large, dead Titan.

Lynne: "The Titans broke through. Go back down and form some sort of barricade. If you can't block them, retreat back up here as a last resort. But that doesn't mean we'll be able to help you though. I'm not sure if we'll still be alive if it comes to that. We've all gotta do what we're trained to do. Give it all we've got till we die! Understood!" she ordered them. 

They were quick to respond and made their way down the stairs with Reiner and (Y/n) at the lead. (Y/n) grabbed one of the torches on the wall and handed it to Reiner since he wasn't able to do much while being carried around.

Reiner: "I'll go see how far they've come through! You guys grab boards or rods or whatever! Bring everything you can carry! Krista! Take (F/n)!" he told her.

He stopped to hand (Y/n) over to her as (Y/n) climbed onto her back before Reiner ran off ahead of them.

Krista: "Reiner!" she called out as they ran after him.

Bertholdt: "Wait up, Reiner! Hold on!" he yelled out only for Reiner to continue on to the next floor down.

Connie: "Who does he think he is, always taking the most dangerous job? Come on, man!" he complained.

Bertholdt: "Yeah, that's a bad habit of his." he stated.

(Y/n): "...let's just hurry and get things to barricade the door." he told them.

They were quick to search the room on the floor they were on and found an old cannon. As they were moving it out, they heard Reiner yelling out to them and Bertholdt was quick to go help him grabbing a spear from the room they search. The others quickly rolled the cannon over to the door that led down to the floor below only to see Reiner and Bertholdt struggling to keep the small Titan back with the spear.

Ymir: "Reiner! Bertholdt!" she called out.

Reiner: "Hey, that's... Does it have powder? A cannonball?" he asked.

Ymir: "Hell no! You'll just have to take the whole thing! Out of the way!" she yelled to them.

Ymir and Connie push the cannon and watched as it rolls down the stairs. Reiner and Bertholdt quickly moved out of the way as the cannon came crashing into the door and the small Titan along with it creating a large cloud of debris.

(Y/n): "...did we get it?" he asked nervously.

As the cloud cleared a bit to reveal the small Titan stuck underneath the cannon and debris, Ymir let out a sigh of relief.

Ymir: "Yea, looks like that worked out, miraculously." she said walking down the stairs.

Reiner: "Yeah... it's not getting up from that. Not one of that size." he stated.

Connie: "What now? All we have is this knife. Should I cut off its nape?" he asked pulling out the knife as he walked over to the small Titan.

Reiner: "Don't even try. You'll get hurt if it grabs you." he pointed out.

Krista: "F-For now, let's retreat back upstairs. There could be more than just one that got inside." she told them.

(Y/n): "That's a good idea, it's useless defending down here with the broken door. Good call, Krista." he told her.

She looked back to see him smiling nervously to her making her relax a bit only to spot something creeping up to the broken door behind Connie. Krista had a look of panic as she saw another small Titan coming out through the doorframe. Connie just barely heard it as he turned around to see it.

Krista: "Connie!" she called out.

He just stood there in fear as the Titan quickly lean towards him ready to sink its teeth into Connie's face only for Reiner to come in at the last second. He pushed Connie away with his left hand and push the Titan's face away with his other resulting in the Titan to bite down on Reiner's right arm.

Krista: "Reiner!" she cried out.

Everyone began panicking as Reiner gritted his teeth from the pain as he crouched down to put his left arm between the Titans leg and lifted it on top of his back. He began to carry it up the stairs and towards the large window much to everyone's surprise.

Connie: "Reiner... Don't tell me... you're gonna jump out the window with it?!" he yelled in shock.

Reiner "I got no other choice!" he said getting stepping on the window frame as Connie ran over to him.

Connie: "Wait! If I can just slice open its jaw... you'll be free!" he yelled stabbing the knife into its jaw.

He was successful in getting Reiner free and they moved away from the Titan as it sat on the window frame while Connie, Reiner, and Ymir, who were the closest, just stood there.

(Y/n): "What are you idiots waiting for?! Push it out!" he yelled in disbelief.

Bertholt was the first to act once he heard (Y/n)'s angry voice for the first time. All of them were rather cut off by the sudden anger in their voice only hearing it when someone failed to do proper maintenance. This whoever was enough to encourage Reiner, Ymir, and Bertholt to push and kick it out the window. Once they heard the sound of it crashing down on the ground below, the made their way up the stairs with (Y/n) apologizing for yelling. 

They all began to barricade the upstairs door with Krista and (Y/n) doing everything they could to help Reiner. As (Y/n) told Krista to fetch the alcohol bottle that Gelgar found, Reiner looked to (Y/n) a bit worriedly as (Y/n)'s hands were shaking as he placed a tourniquet on Reiner's arm. He watched as (Y/n) looked away covering his mouth feeling sink at the sight of blood but he only curled his hands into a fist as he began taking off his Survey Corps Jacket as Krista came running back with the bottle.

Connie: "What will we do if another comes through? We won't be lucky enough to kill a second one." he stated as he put a wooden pole against the door.

Bertholdt: "Yeah, I'm with you there." he said looking back to Reiner.

(Y/n): "Hold this please... just to let you know, this will hurt so... prepare yourself." he told Reiner as he grabbed the tourniquet.

He nodded as (Y/n) grabbed onto Reiner's hand to give him a bit of comfort as he grabbed (Y/n)'s hand. (Y/n) looked to Krista and nodded his head as she took off the cork of the bottle and pour it on Reiner's wound. He squeezed onto (Y/n)'s hand tightly as the two both gritted their teeth while Reiner groaned a bit.

Krista: "Sorry... I'm sorry." she apologized.

(Y/n): "It's fine... nothing can stop the pain, it's not your fault." he reassures her.

Krista: "...thank you... Reiner, I think it's broken." she said referring to his arm.

Reiner: "Yeah, just my luck." he complained before shutting up as he looked at (Y/n)'s situation.

Krista: "We'll need a splint and a bandage." she told them.

(Y/n): "Here." he told her.

They watched as (Y/n) began to unbutton his dress shirt causing Reiner, Connie, and Bertholt faces to turn red. Krista and Ymir were quick to make them look away while Ymir looked back.

Krista: "What are you doing?!" she called out to (Y/n).

(Y/n): "We need bandages and I have a jacket and shirt." he pointed out.

Krista: "But your skin will be too exposed." she tried to reason.

(Y/n): "It... won't matter soon. Besides, I'll be piggybacking with you anyway, so my torso won't be exposed." he pointed out as he took off his shirt.

Krista looked on at (Y/n) as he handed his shirt over to her as he began putting on his jacket only to notice that (Y/n) torso was very petite but she had this feeling where she felt that it didn't look like a girl's torso at all. But she only shook her head to focus on tearing up the shirt up. (Y/n)'s jacket was only cover parts of his body as it exposed his entire waist and stomach all while exposing the middle of his torse. The others came over as Krista finished bandaging Reiner's arm while (Y/n) only sat there unable to move or do anything else. 

Connie: "Sorry about that, Reiner. It seems like you're always saving my ass. Speaking of which, Annie risked her life to save me, too. I've gotta pay you back sometime." he told him.

Reiner: "Not really. It's... it's the normal thing to do. Because we're soldiers." he replied.

Connie: "I'm not so sure about that. I doubt I could ever be that brave. Hey, Bertholdt. Has Reiner always been like this?" he asked.

Bertholt: "No... in the past, Reiner was more of a warrior. Unlike now." he stated.

Reiner: "...what's that suppose to mean? What do you mean by warrior?" he asked confused.

Ymir: "For now, let's try to gather anything useful we can find. That way when we die, we can do so without regrets." she said climbing up the stairs to look out the window to see the veterans handy work.

Ymir: "That's the Survey Corps for you... They're on a different level from the other soldiers." she stated.

She chuckled a bit as she moved away from the window as Krista bend down so (Y/n) could wrap his arms around her neck. They came up the stairs behind everyone as the sound of an explosion caught them all off. They looked at each other in confusion before they felt the tower shake a bit as an explosion went off above them. This made them race up the stairs in a hurry to see what was happening.

Connie: "What was that?!" he asked getting up first. 

As they all got up to where Gelgar and Nanaba were at, they saw them with a lifeless Henning and Lynne.

Gelgar: "It's no use. They both died instantly." he said seeing them down beside each other.

Krista: "This can't be..." she said in disbelief.

Connie: "... it's him! The one that walked off towards the wall! That Beast Titan did this!" he realized running over to the edge only to see another group of Titans coming over to the tower.

Connie: "A group of Titans approaching! More than twice the number from earlier!" he told them.

Gelgar: "What'd you say?!" he asked in disbelief.

Nanaba: "Their timing is too perfect like it's part of some strategy. I get the feeling they've been toying with us from the start." she stated.

While they tried to think of an idea to survive, they all heard the sound of a loud yell in the distance followed by the tower shaking more violently as the Titans began to attack the tower more ferociously. Gelgar and Nanaba attempted to fight off as much of the Titans as they could only end up killed and eaten in front of the ones still alive as they watched in horror hearing Nanaba cry out only to be eaten as the light of the sun began to light the horizon.

Connie: "Damn it all to hell! Hey... do we gotta wait now until the tower falls and we get eaten alive? Is there nothing we can do about it?! ... this sucks. We'll be wiped out without even finishing our mission." he complained.

(Y/n): "Krista? ... can you put me down?" he asked.

She nodded and placed him on the ground as he slowly crawled over to Henning and Lynne dead bodies.

Connie: "What are you doing?" he asked.

(Y/n): "Seeing if they have anything useful." he stated as he began researching Lynne body.

Krista: "I want to keep fighting too. If only I had some sort of weapon, then I could fight and die alongside them." she told them.

Ymir: "Krista... you're still saying things like that? Don't you dare use their deaths. They didn't die so you'd have an excuse to get yourself killed." she told her.

Krista: "That's not... that's not what I-" she tried to say.

Ymir: "You're not like Connie and the Survey Corps! They don't want to die, but you don't even care. All you want to do is die in a way that makes you seem like a hero. (F/n)! Do you feel the same way? Do you want to die like them?" she asked as (Y/n) pulled out something from Hennings jacket.

(Y/n): "...no. I don't want to die. Or... that's what I want to say." he admitted.

Krista: "What do you mean?" she asked as they all looked over to him.

They watched as (Y/n) found a flare gun in Henning's jacket with no cartridge. That was when they saw him pull out a cartridge from his jacket.

Connie: "You... have a flare cartridge in your jacket?" he questioned.

(Y/n): "Urban... Erwin told me to carry a purple one if I was ever in danger... I don't care if I die but at least... I want you all to live." he said loading the flare.

He pointed it up into the air and fired it. They all watched as it flew into the sky as (Y/n) laid down beside the two dead bodies.

(Y/n): "I just want to die already. There's no point anymore, if I live, I'll just get hurt again and see more friends die. A useless life for a useless person. At least... I tried something useful." he said smiling to himself making sure that everyone knew what he thought of himself.

Ymir: "...Connie. Give me that knife you had." she told him walking over to him.

Connie: "Huh? My knife?" he questioned.

Ymir: "Just hand it over." she ordered him.

Connie: "Fine. Here." he told her handing her his knife.

Ymir: "Thanks." she said patting his head only for him to knock it away.

Connie: "What do you want it for?" he asked.

Ymir: "Hmm... well you see... I'm going to fight with this." she said shocking everyone.

Reiner: "Ymir... what are you planning?" he asked.

Ymir: "Who knows? I don't even know myself." she admitted as she walked over to Krista and placed her hands on her shoulders.

Ymir: "Krista... you've probably forgotten all about it by now... but this might be the end, so... try and remember that promise we made training on that snowy mountain. I have no right to tell you how to live your life. So actually, this is nothing more than a hope of mine. I want you... to live a life you're proud of." she told Krista.

She walked away from her as the sun came over the horizon. Ymir walked by (Y/n) as he sat up staring at her.

Ymir: "Hey? ...don't get killed, ok? It's your job to take care of Krista now." she told him before looking back to Krista.

Ymir: "Remember our promise, Krista." she told her.

Without saying another word, Ymir ran towards the edge and lept off with the knife in hand. Everyone watched in complete shock as Krista watched as Ymir fell down towards the Titans.

Krista: "Ymir!" she cried out.

She watched as Ymir cut her hand with the knife which caused her to be engulfed in a ball of electricity brightening the entire area. As the ball slowly descended down, she watched as a small skeleton began to form from Ymir as it slowly grew flesh and hair. It was a small five meter Titan. She has long arms, a large nose, rugged hair, small black eyes, small pointed ears, sharp fangs, and claws. Ymir fell onto the Titans and began to attack them quickly before moving onto the next. Reiner, Connie, Bertholt, and Krista watched on in shock as (Y/n) sat there unable to see what was going on.

Connie: "Is this for real? Ymir is a Titan, too?" he asked in shock.

Reiner: "Th-That Titan is..." he said to Bertholdt.

Bertholdt: "From that day." he finished the sentence.

As Ymir continued to fight the Titans, one of them ended up crashing into the tower causing it to shake once again, this time it resulted in Krista to fall off only for Reiner to grab her let at the last moment. 

Krista: "Th-Thanks, Reiner... Ah! Ow, it hurts! Reiner, my leg!" she yelled as he began squeezing her leg tightly.

Connie: "Reiner! That's enough! Let her go! Her leg! Hey!" he tried yelling to him only for no response.

(Y/n): "Hey!" he yelled throwing the empty flare gun at Reiner.

The gun hit him in the back snapping him out of it. He immediately let her leg go, allowing her to move off the edge and crouch down.

Reiner: "S-Sorry." he quickly apologized.

Krista: "It's fine, you saved me." she pointed out.

Reiner: "Krista... did you know? That Ymir is a Titan." he asked.

Krista: "I had no idea. I was always so close to her, too. How? How could this be? That Titan... is Ymir?" she asked.

Reiner: "In other words, she knew some of the secrets of our world. And I never suspected a thing." he said to them.

Connie: "Hey... do you think she's known about it? Eren's a Titan, too, but he didn't know until it happened. But Ymir is like... she is aware of being a Titan all along." he pointed out.

Krista: "Are you saying she might be an enemy of humanity?" she asked him.

Connie: "I'm saying that's one hell of a power to hide. Who knows what she might have been thinking." he stated.

Bertholt: "I wonder... what could be Ymir's goal?" he questioned.

Krista looked back at Ymir as she was beginning to struggle against the group of Titans as they were managing to grab ahold of her and tear into her a bit before she got back onto the wall. But a Titan managed to grab her leg. Ymir looked up at Krista before letting go and falling back into the group of Titan before letting out a scream as she landed on one of their backs.

Connie: "Wh-What was that? Is she worried about the tower falling?" he asked.

Krista: "She has to be. If she wanted to, Ymir could use this power of hers to escape all on her own. And yet, she's not doing that. It's us... she's risking her life to protect us... why? Why? Ymir! Don't you die, Ymir! Not in a place like this!" she yelled to her as she stood up on the ledge.

Connie: "Hey!" he yelled grabbing her leg.

(Y/n): 'What going on?' he questioned to himself only being able to hear parts of what was going on.

Krista: "Don't pretend like you're good, you idiot! You wanna go out in a blaze of glory? Are you stupid?! It's too late for you to try and get into heaven! Live for yourself, goddammit! If you're gonna die protecting this tower, forget about it! Tear it down!" she yelled to her.

Ymir didn't wait a second longer once she heard this. She broke out of the hold the Titans had her in and began tearing out brick after brick of the tower and completely taking out an entire row on one side causing the tower to lean to the side. (Y/n) found himself sliding down towards the group thighs first and ran into the side of the wall yelling out in pain as his fresh injuries hit it hard.

Reiner: "H-Hey! She's really tearing it down!" he pointed out.

Krista: "Keep it up, Ymir!" she cheered her on.

(Y/n): "Ymir! If you're gonna kill us, then tear it down faster in one go!" he cried out as he grabbed onto the ledge Krista was standing on.

At the moment, Ymir jumped up the tower and appeared in front of them looking directly at them.

Ymir: "Want live? Grab me!" she told them.

Everyone began jumping towards Ymir's hair and grabbing onto it with (Y/n) unable to. So Ymir grabbed him and lifted him towards her hair where he grabbed on her hair right as the tower was now falling completely. Ymir began riding it down as the tower came crashing down onto the Titans that was in its path creating a large cloud of debris. As the tower broke apart, all of those who grabbed onto Ymir's hair couldn't hold on much longer and let go crashing down to the ground. They slowly stood up with (Y/n) laying on the ground groaning in pain.

But the tower seemed to have only buried a portion of the Titans as the rest began climbing out of the rubble.

Ymir: "Titans again?" she asked.

Connie: "Hey, ugly! Go and finished the job!" he yelled at her as she ran towards it.

(Y/n): "W-Wait! We should take this chance to get on her and get away!" he cried out as he slowly pushed himself up.

But it was too late for that as Ymir jumped towards the Titan and bite into its neck, tearing it off only for another Titan to burst out of the rubble and grab her head. It pulled her off the Titan and slammed her head on a large piece of rubble. Krista cried out her name just as more and more Titans began bursting out of the rubble.

Connie: "This looks bad." he stated.

(Y/n): "You all need to run!" he yelled to them just as the Titans all jumped towards Ymir and began tearing her apart.

Connie: "Ymir is..." he said quietly.

(Y/n): "What are you numbskulls thinking?! Do as I say and run!" he yelled angrily.

Bertholdt tried to go over to him and pick him only for him to smack his hand away.

(Y/n): "I'm dead weight... I'll just slow you all down. At the least, I can die here with Ymir... so just hurry up and run!" he ordered again.

Krista: "This can't..." she said before making her way over to Ymir.

Connie: "Krista!" he called out.

(Y/n): "Don't do it!" he cried out knowing what her fate will be.

She didn't listen as she ran over to Ymir. (Y/n) watched as the rest of them ran after her leaving him alone. He watched in silence as a bit of wind brushed a bit of his hair to the side as he watched them. He heard the sound of rubble moving behind him and he only sighed knowing what his fate was as well. There was no point crawling away or looking back, pointless either way. Time felt as it was moving all so slow as he watched birds flying in the sky in the distance and couldn't help but smile. He at least managed to fly in the air even if it was just a short amount of time. But he was still going to die like a caged bird.

He watched as giant fingers move beside him and slowly closed it's grip on him. The hand began to slowly lift him up into the air as he looked towards the sun one last time. He chuckled remembering what Violet called him. Luminary. Like the sun.

Violet: "Luminary!" she yelled out.

(Y/n)'s eyes glance to the side as he watched Violet slowly flying towards him as time began to speed up again. Violet cut the fingers of the Titan and grabbed him, pulling him away as Kurome killed the Titan. (Y/n) found himself in the arms of Violet as he looked towards her as the sunlight shined on her.

(Y/n): "Violet..." he said quietly as he stared at her.

The rest of the Survey Corps clean up the remaining Titans as Kurome and Violet bickered with one another over who technically saved him. (Y/n) sighed as Akame offered to carry him on his back which he appreciated. As Akame carried (Y/n) towards where everyone was looking towards Krista, Hange, and Ymir, who was now back in human form, (Y/n) said something that caught Akame off-guard.

(Y/n): "Ten seconds... why couldn't you all have come in ten seconds." he muttered.

Akame: "What did you say?" she asked.

(Y/n): "So close... in being free. I was going to die." he said sadly.

Akame: "... do you want to die?" she asked as she stopped walking.

(Y/n): "..." he didn't say anything.

Akame: "You still have people who would be sad if you die. You have to live." she told him before walking forward.

They made their way over to where everyone was only to hear Krista say something, something (Y/n) never expected.

Krista: "My real name... is Historia." she revealed.

(Small Timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) looking over to Historia while Eren, Mikasa, and Armin stared at him)

(Y/n) found himself buttoning up a new shirt as he was with Hange and Historia as they were explaining what happened to them.

Historia: "Please, believe me! I'm telling the truth! Ymir transformed into a Titan to fight off the other Titans and save us! She did so with no regard for her own life, which proves her loyalty to us, her comrades! It's true that her judgment until now is unforgivable. After all, she may know things useful to humanity and yet she kept quiet about it! I imagine she didn't say anything in order to protect herself. But... now she's a changed person! Ymir is an allay of humanity! I know Ymir better than anybody. She's a much simpler person than she looks!" she told Hange.

Hange: "... what do you think?" she said looking at (Y/n) as he sat on top a crate next to them.

Historia looked over to him to see him staring down at the ground.

Hange: "(F/n)?" she called him.

(Y/n): "... huh? What did you say?" he asked.

Hange: "Do you trust what Historia says?" she asked.

(Y/n): "... yeah. She has my complete trust. She does know Ymir the best out of all of us and I know Historia." he told her.

Hange: "I see. Very well, we won't consider her an enemy. Obviously, I hope we can build a trusting relationship with her. Her judgment aside, the information she holds is a treasure for humanity. I hope we get along. But you know... even if she is a simple person, this world becomes more of a confusing mess with every passing day." she said as she picked (Y/n) up and carried him on her back.

The three made their way over to the unconscious Ymir and Hange looked back to Historia.

Hange: "You said... your real name was Historia Reiss?" she questioned.

Historia: "Yes, that's right." she told her.

Hange: "Reiss, as in that noble family?" she asked as Historia stopped.

Historia: "Yes." she confirmed.

Hange: "I see. Nice to meet you, Historia." she told her.

They continued to make their way over to Ymir to see how she was doing only to see that she is still in a coma. Historia decided to stay with Ymir with (Y/n) telling her that it was good to see her again only making her more curious about whether it was him. Hange, (Y/n), and her assistant began making their way to where everyone else was with Hange telling him about the Female Titan but never saying who it was or telling him that they used the train to attack the Female Titan. 

The three continued walking towards where Connie and the rest of them were before Hange called out to them.

Hange: "Is everyone clear? We'll deal with Ymir later. And Conny... I'll arrange for a squad to investigate your village later. For the time being, I want you to focus on the mission to fix the wall. Got it?" she asked him.

Connie: "Got it!" he replied.

Hange: "Still... I expected this place to be swarming with Titans." she stated before (Y/n) flicked her forehead annoyed.

(Y/n): "It was." he stated.

Hange: "Ow... I mean I was expecting it to be infested with Titans." she corrected.

Everyone looked at (Y/n) a bit confused by the way he was acting. He seemed different from his cheerful and uplifting self. Now, he seemed negative and aggressive. Mikasa looked at him feeling a guilty remembering what she did back in Trost. Pointing her weapon at him at him before calling him useless. She wanted to hit herself for saying it but she couldn't take back her words. It wasn't as if she knew that her words would cut deep into (Y/n).

As Hange rubbed her head, she spotted three horses riding their way over to them at the bottom of the wall. It was Hannes.

Mikasa: "Hannes?" she questioned.

Hange: "It's the Garrison's advance squad. They came to tell us where the hole is." she told them.

It took a minute for Hannes to make his way up the wall with his ODM gear giving everyone enough time to gather around to hear him. As he got to the edge and lift himself enough to show himself, he opened his mouth.

Hannes: "There's no hole anywhere!" he announced surprising everyone.

Hannes: "We spent all night looking for it... but at least between Trost and Krolva District, there's nothing wrong with the wall." he told them as Eren helped him up.

Hange: "What'd you say?" she questioned.

Hannes: "We bumped into soldiers from Krolva and retraced our steps. We haven't seen any Titans the whole way here." he revealed.

Armin: "But... we know for sure there's Titans on this side of the wall." he stated.

Eren: "Did you actually look? Are you sure you're not drunk?" he asked.

Hannes: "I didn't drink! Wait, why are all of you here anyway?" he asked.

As Hange was about to walk away, Bertholdt walked over to them and asked if he could carry (Y/n) since he felt as if he wanted to be near everyone else. Hange seemed hesitant until (Y/n) made his own choice not allowing Hange to chose for him. She was taken aback from this but shrugged it off before looking over to everyone else and nodded her head before walking away. Bertholdt took him over to Reiner where he seemed rather nervous about something. He looked over to Bertholdt and nodded his head before they walked over to Eren as he stood at the edge of the wall alone.

Reiner: "Eren. Have a minute? We need to talk." he stated.

Eren: "About what?" he questioned.

Everyone else began walking away as the four gather around as Reiner took a deep breath.

Reiner: "Five years ago, we demolished the wall and began our attack on humanity. There was a close call on that day were me and Bertholdt were nearly eaten but got saved by (Y/n) here, who gave us a horse to escape allowing us to continue our mission." he told them.

(Y/n): "...huh?" he said confusion to how he knew his real name before remembering them slightly.

Reiner: "Let me explain. I'm the Armored Titan and he's the Colossal Titan." he confessed.

Eren: "Huh? What are you talking about?" he asked.

(Y/n): "Is this a joke? If it is, it needs work." he stated.

Bertholdt: "Why are you telling him, Reiner?" he asked not knowing he was going to say that as Mikasa and Violet stopped walking away.

Reiner: "Our primary goal was to ensure all of humanity was wiped out, but now there's no need for that. Eren, (Y/n). If you agree to come with us, we won't have to destroy any more of the walls. Understand?" he asked.

(Y/n): "...I think?" he said still confused.

Eren: "Huh? No, wait! I don't understand at all!" he told him.

Reiner: "I'm saying... why don't you just come with us?" he asked.

(Y/n): "Bertholdt? Did a piece of rubble hit his head or does he always try this hard on a joke?" he asked only to get no reply.

Reiner: "I know this is sudden, but we need to go now." he stated.

Eren: "Right now? Where will you take us?" he asked.

Reiner: "I can't say that yet. But... well, it's something like our hometown. So? What will it be, Eren, (Y/n)? It's not a bad deal, right? You can easily avert this crisis. And (Y/n), you could do something useful for humanity." he told them.

(Y/n)'s eyes widen when he heard he could be useful for once. If this wasn't a joke... he could be saving humanity once and for all. To do something useful. Reiner knew what to say to draw (Y/n) attention when he remembered that (Y/n) feels useless. Hell, it was obvious that he felt this way always having to rely on someone else now. Eren looked away towards everyone else as they walked away as Mikasa and Violet just stared at them.

Eren: "I wonder about that." he said to them.

Armin: "Hey! We're leaving!" he called out to them.

Eren looked up to the sky before grabbing Reiner's shoulder.

Eren: "You're just tired, aren't you? Right, Bertholdt, (Y/n)? You've been through so much, it's making you crazy." he joked before looking at (Y/n) with eyes that said they needed to go.

Bertholdt: "Y-Yeah. Reiner's just really tired." he agreed.

Eren: "Besides, if you were really the Armored Titan that wants to destroy humanity, why would you be asking us this in the first place? What did you think would happen? That we'd nod and say "Sure, let's go"?" he asked Reiner leaving him speechless.

The wind began to pick up as everyone else began to get further and further away.

Reiner: "Oh, right. That's right. What the hell was I thinking? Have I really gone crazy?" he asked.

Eren: "Come on, let's go." he told them walking a few steps.

The wind got stronger causing one of the red flags to be broken off its pole causing it to fall down the side of the wall creating a lot of sounds that startled everyone. (Y/n) noticed that everyone stopped and noticed that the two girls still nearby had their hands on their ODM gear making his eyes widen a bit. What Reiner was saying was true and that everyone else seemed to know this. 

Reiner: "I see. That's it. I've been here too long for my own good. It's been three long years... surrounded by nothing but idiots. We were just kids... we didn't know anything. If only I never knew that there were people like this... I ... wouldn't have become... such a half-assed piece of shit! It's too late now... I don't know what's right anymore." he said taking off his sling and bandages.

Reiner: "But the only choice for me now... is to face the consequences of my actions... and as a warrior fulfill my duty to the bitter end!" he said revealing his injury being healed.

Bertholdt: "Reiner! Are we doing it?! Now?! Right here?!" he asked making (Y/n) scared to what was about to happen.

Reiner: "Yeah. We settle this... right here, right now!" he said storming over to Eren.

Mikasa and Violet were quick and used their ODM gear to move over to them. Mikasa attacked Reiner and attempted to slice his neck only for him to just barely move his arm in the way to take most of the hit. Violet went after Bertholdt, who got slit right across the throat after (Y/n) let got of him when Violet yelled to him to let go. Bertholdt fell back and onto (Y/n) as he held onto his throat. Mikasa got over Bertholdt ready to kill him only for Reiner to tackle her away from him.

Reiner: "Bertholdt!" he called out to him.

He stood up and off of (Y/n) as Bertholdt and Reiner moved closer to each other as electricity began to emerge from their bodies. The two only watched unable to move for (Y/n) it was quite literal. The Survey Corps was running over to try and help but they were too far away.

Armin: "Eren! (Y/n)! Get out of there!" he told them.

(Y/n): "So you guys figured it out huh?" he said looking at Eren giving up knowing he can't get away.

Eren only looked at him before a thunderbolt came down from the sky and hit Reiner and Bertholdt. The sudden blast created a large gust of wind causing everything near them to be blown away completely. (Y/n) found himself being blown off the wall only to be hit by an updraft causing him to fly up into the air flipping around wildly as two Titans formed on the wall. The Colossal Titan moved it's hand through the air and scooped up (Y/n) before reaching long the wall to grab Ymir as she was thrown in the air as well. (Y/n) held onto Ymir before be found himself in front of the large Titan, he could hear people yelling but all of that faded away as (Y/n) held onto Ymir as they were thrown into his mouth with another person before the sound of the mouth was heard and darkness created them.

We shouldn't have put so much pressure on him.

- Levi Ackerman

And that's the end of chapter 10. Anyone else caught up in it in the north?

Anyway, time to announce the winner of the story poll. If you haven't seen my message board then I'll tell you now!

...

...

...

...

...

...

Fairy Tail Wins! 

The first chapter will be out next. See you there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 120 11
Y/n is awoken after years of his isolation. He awakens to a modernised but more clueless world. Theirs three things that fuel the ambition of Y/n. A...
100K 3.9K 62
Like water is forced to flow and life is destined to fade, humans follow a strict path carved in stone ever since they were born. This curse is calle...
86K 2.4K 24
"๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ?" ๐™๐™„๐™‰๐™„๐™Ž๐™ƒ๐™€๐˜ฟ - Y/N is a working camgirl who adores her body an...
823 21 15
Jean Kirstein x fem oc ๐๐š๐ซ๐š๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ž an ideal or idyllic place or state. Art by: Nue_insideout I do not own any Attack On Titan characters