World War III

By Adorkable

More

World War III - Chapter 1
World War III - Chapter 2
World War III - Chapter 3
World War III - Chapter 4
World War III - Chapter 5
World War III - Chapter 6
World War III - Chapter 7
World War III - Chapter 8
World War III - Chapter 9
World War III - Chapter 10
World War III - Chapter 11
World War III - Chapter 12
World War III - Chapter 13
World War III - Chapter 14
World War III - Chapter 15
World War III - Chapter 16
World War III - Chapter 17
World War III - Chapter 18
World War III - Chapter 19
World War III - Chapter 20
World War III - Chapter 21
World War III - Chapter 22
World War III - Chapter 23
World War III - Chapter 24
World War III - Chapter 26

World War III - Chapter 25

9.3K 285 123
By Adorkable

Chapter 25

*Ebony*

Two weeks had passed and I was happy for Zaiden and Lizzie, but it made me feel like the third wheel. It wasn't jealousy but I will admit, a sort of yearning seeped into me whenever I saw them together. Zaiden and Lizzie were giggling at the lockers and I was just standing there. Zaiden was such a fine boyfriend and it made me wonder if he would treat me the same if I were his girlfriend.

"I'm gonna head to class early," I said, not that it really mattered to them. I dodged my way through the crowded halls and looked back at Zaiden and Lizzie. It made me wonder if would ever find someone who will treat me right, someone who will actually show me respect. I suppressed a sigh and continued walking. Ethan and I acted like we didn't even exist to each other. I didn't mind too much about it because I loved the peace of mind. Ethan was an arrogant jerk and he said he hated me. At least hate is an emotion and is better than apathy, I thought.

Ethan. Ethan. Ethan. I hated that name now. Ethan Tizzard. What a lame name. Tizzard. Pfft! Tizzard. Like seriously, pfft! And E-man? What sort of nickname was that? If it was I-man, I'd think it was a new innovation from Apple. I-man, E-man, G-man, H-man, K-man, whatever, all of them sucked. Anger boiled inside me. Why did I feel this way? I gritted my teeth and took a deep breath, refusing to look up. I stared at the shiny-stoned floor and mumbled to myself. Ethan could go rot in a stinky sack for all I cared.

"Ouch," I gasped as I fell bottom-first onto the floor. My bag dropped and my books scattered around. I had hit something hard. "Crap, I knew I should have watched where I was going."

"No, it was my fault," said the huskiest voice I had ever heard. I was on my knees with my books in my hand when a saw an unfamiliar boy bend down to my level. He grabbed my bag and started shoving my books into it. He stopped when he noticed I wasn't responding. He stared at me. The only word that sprung to my mind was 'wow'. His hazel eyes pierced my own eyes. His chiselled jaw just made his angel-like features stand out. His brown hair was so perfectly suited on his head that I thought it would be impossible. Ethan who?

"This is so cliché," I said as I hastily stuffed all my books into my bag. I grabbed the ones he had and shoved them in as well. I stood up and so did he.

"Sorry?" he asked, confused. He had that British accent too. But like I said, Ethan who?

"This is like totally cliché. I mean we bump into each other in the school hallway, I drop my books, you help me pick them up then we just gaze into each other's eyes. I don't know about you, but nearly every teen romance book I've read has that scene in it," I explained. Then I realised I was blabbing so I waited for the shut down remark.

He laughed. He just laughed, and I swear it wasn't at me. It was like he found me funny. "Oh, I see. Well, should be play that scene again then? Perhaps to make it less cliché?"

Damn, I'll play any scene with you again, I said to myself. "Why not?" I smiled.

"Okay so you weren't paying attention but I was coming down those stairs and turning here when I bumped into you," he explained.

"All right, so this time I will be looking and then we'll stop as soon as we meet again."

"Yep, and I will ask you for directions to my class because frankly, I'm lost." He grinned and his dimples made my heart stop. I took a deep breath and steadied myself.

"And then I'll help you to your next class."

"But then as we're walking to class, I'll ask you if you want to ditch school and just hang out with me."

And then we can elope and have 3 children and be a happy family. "And then I'll..." I stepped closer and so did he. He raised his eyebrows, awaiting my response. "Tell you to keep dreaming."

He laughed and stood back. He rolled one of his sleeves up. "Then I'll just say cut and we'll do that scene again."

"Let's try it then, shall we?" I asked. He smiled and we positioned ourselves.

"Actors set!" I yelled loud enough for him to hear. Others gave me weird looks but I paid no mind to them.

"Action!" he yelled back. I started walking the same direction and then came face to face with him near the bottom of the steps.

"Oh, hello," he said, surprised.

"Hey," I replied.

"I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me get to my next class."

"Why not? What do you have?" I asked, hoping he couldn't hear my heart beat so fast under my chest.

"English in Room D5."

"So do I." I smiled. "We can go together."

"I was hoping you'd say that," he grinned. "By the way, my name is Bond. James Bond.

Hot name to suit a hot guy. How awesome would it be to be named after a super cool spy. "My name is Lynx. Adele Lynx," I said lamely. Wow, I wish I could take that back.

"I lied," he said as a small smile crept onto his lips.

"Sorry?"

"My name's actually Romeo-Jay, but people just call me Romeo." Romeo-Jay, wow. Ethan who? Ethan my ass, I thought to myself.

"Well, my name's still Adele Lynx." Damn, that was lame again. Far out, I could have just stamped the letters 'L A M E 'on my forehead, and my cheek, and my hand, and my arms, and my chin.

"Did you actually think my name was James Bond?" he asked, amused.

"Well it suited you and I wouldn't be surprised if it was," I said truthfully.

"Anyways, I think we better head off to class now," he suggested as he extended his arm forward for me to take the lead. I smiled and started walking. He stood by my side. We received looks from every direction we went. Romeo was just over 6 feet tall. He was a little bit taller than Eth- this guy who lived next to me but whose name I just couldn't remember. Yeah, this guy whose name I forgot was a real jerk.

"Aye, Adele, do you wanna just like ditch school for the day? Maybe me and you can hang and get to know each other better?" he offered.

I smirked and stopped walking. "Keep dreaming, Romeo."

"Cut!" he yelled out. "Let's do that again, starting from my line." Surprisingly, I laughed.

"Aye, Adele, do you wanna just like ditch school for the day? Maybe me and you can hang and get to know each other better?" he offered again.

Okay, say yes without seeming desperate. "Well,depends. What do you have in mind?"

At first, I thought he would yell 'cut' again but then he seemed to think about my response. Another 3 seconds had passed and the hallways were getting less and less crowded as students scrambled to their classes. "Well, seeing how I'm new to Miami, I was hoping maybe you could suggest a place."

"Well, I'm actually pretty new to Miami as well, and I never really had the chance to go out." Saying that aloud really made me see how much of a loser I could be. I have to go out more often, I told myself. "Well, there's this really nice beach if you're up for it."

He looked at me for a while. "I like the beach. You know the way?"

I smiled. "Yeah, come, let's go before we get caught." I grabbed his hand and we both ran out of the school hallways. "We can walk there," I added. We slowed our pace as we crossed the street and left school grounds. It was weird how I was just ditching school. I never thought I would actually do thst especially with a hot guy I just met. I sneaked a side glance at him. He didn't seem like the over preppy type but then he didn't seem like the goth type either. He was just wearing a light blue top with the sleeves rolled up. To accompany his top, he wore dark denim. He didn't look that bad.

"See something you like?" he grinned with his dimples.

"Yeah, actually I did." His grin grew bigger and his dimples pushed deeper. " I just saw a 'sale' sign near that shoe store," I finished and watched the grin disappear. I smirked smugly and continued walking.

"This place is quiet familiar," Romeo noted once we reached the beach. I lay on the sand and enjoyed the cool breeze. I breathed in the salty air. The dry sand felt rough yet soothing against my skin.

"You look familiar," Romeo said as he sat next to me.

"I get that a lot. I guess it's a common face," I said as my heart beat faster and faster. Maybe I shouldn't have been so carefree with Romeo.

"No, it's not a common face. It's just a face I would never forget. I feel like I've just seen you before," he pondered. I sat up and swallowed hard. How was I going to talk my way out of this one?

"Well, when you figure out who I look like, let me know. I've always wondered who I might look like," I said casually.

"Might take a while, but rest assured, I will remember," he said as he shrugged his broad shoulders.

"So I'm guessing you're from London?" I changed the subject and lay on the sand again. He lay next to me. The sun wasn't too bright or too dim. It was just perfect.

"How'd you know?" he asked, feigning shock.

I let out a laugh. "Well your accent definitely wasn't the dead giveaway."

"Have you ever been to London?" he asked me. Recent memories of my trip rushed back to me. The only significant one was Ben. Strangely, I missed him. I made a note to send an email to him later. The wind whipped my hair in all directions and I closed my eyes. I loved the feeling of serenity. I could only hear the waves crash against the rocks nearby, and even that was relaxing.

"You didn't answer my question," Romeo said in a hazed way. I guess we were both lost in our own world.

"Yeah, I have. I actually liked it," I replied. For some reason, I just felt numb. I lay on the sand with my unmoving body next to Romeo. We both looked up in the sky. I turned my head to the right and came face to face Romeo.

"Even though we've only known each other for less than two hours I really like you. You're easy to talk to and I'm surprised you don't have a boyfriend," he whispered as his cool breath hit my face. He breath smelt like bubblegum.

"Who said I don't have a boyfriend?" I whispered back.

His face fell. "You mean you do have a boyfriend?" he seemed confused.

"Well, I nev-"

"But if you had a boyfriend then you wouldn't lie next to me right now," he interrupted.

I smiled. "I know. I was just kidding. I don't have a boyfriend." He smiled and relaxed a bit. "I have a question."

"No, I'm not gay," he replied as he looked into my eyes.

I chuckled. "That wasn't my question."

"Oh, ok, then please continue."

"Actually, that was my question."

"You're joking, right?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"No."

He gave me a look that made me giggle. I hardly giggle. "I can be difficult, can't I?"

"No, you're just a girl," he replied.

"That makes me feel better."

"I like your sarcasm," he said absent-mindedly. Yeah, and I like your body, but I didn't say that out loud.

"Wanna go over my place?" I asked.

"You live around here?" he asked, dazzled.

"Yeah, that's why we're in the private sector of the beach. Why?"

"I'm staying around here as well," he said as he sat up.

"Then my place it is?"

"Let's go," he said as he stood. "Race you there." He started running away. He didn't even know where I lived.

"Wrong way!" I shouted after him. He stopped in his tracks and turned back. He sighed in submission and walked back to me.

"Lead the way," he told me.

"You live here?" he asked me as we reached the front door.

"Yeah, with my mum. It's just us two."

"Is she home?"

"Nah, don't worry about her. She's not home." I unlocked the door and walked in. I shut the door behind Romeo. I jogged up the stairs and walked into my room. Romeo followed.

"Your room is different than what I expected," he said. "I expected a lot black, not pink." I chucked my bag on the floor and hopped onto my bed. I just shrugged. He hopped onto my bed as well and lay next to me. I looked to my left and saw his eyes studying me. Before I could say anything, I felt a set of lips on mine.

They disappeared just as quick as they had appeared. I was in a haze and it took me a while to realise that Romeo had kissed me.

"Sorry," he apologised and looked away. It was a small kiss but it still felt so right. It wasn't even a kiss, it was a tiny peck. Without wasting any time, I rolled on top of him and placed my lips on his. He was quick to react, moving his arms to my waist. I straddled him and he deepened the kiss. His tongue slipped into my mouth and clashed against mine. He flipped me over so he was now on top of me. One hand remained at my waist while his other trailed up towards my face. He ran his hand through my hair then cupped my face with both his strong hands. His lips left mine and trailed small kisses down my neck. He stopped just above my collarbone and nibbled a bit.

I knew we had just met but I couldn't help it. He made me feel so good. Some may say this was totally wrong but I couldn't resist, and by the looks of it, neither could Romeo. His lips claimed mine again and his hands stopped at my waist and travelled backwards. He groped me. I allowed my hands to explore his chest and found myself amazed. I tugged on his shirt, and he got the message. He helped me take it off. Just as I suspected, he had the six pack even though they weren't as well defined as Ethan's. Then again, were hot abs really that important? No, they just looked good on paper. As his hands went underneath my shirt, I moaned out of pleasure. I felt him smile against my lips. Just as he reached the bottom of my bra, my bedroom door burst open.

xox.

© Adorkable

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 82.8K 65
𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐉𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 is a 18-year-old single mother. She is nice, caring, a wonderful mom. She is in her first year of college with a f...
125K 3.6K 41
"Why have one when you can have them all?" A story of new discoveries, love, and choosing the right one... or ones. *** I DO NOT OWN ANY IMAGES, GIFS...
107K 3.1K 44
{social media} created ; 09/09/17 completed ; 19/01/18
223K 2.8K 66
𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄. all imagines are written BY ME. please do not steal OR repost my work on other apps such as ao3 and tumblr. if so, i will report...