Can't Help Myself (Grown UPS)

By SavannahBrookeFrisby

Emerson. Higgins didn't expect to find love over the summer due to a funeral for her fathers old basketball c... More

➖Emerson Higgins
➖Nathaniel Feder
The Funeral
The Lake House
Rope On A Tree
Dinner
Apologies, kisses & Indians
Tooth Fairies & Cup Phones
Skipping Rocks & Water Parks
Fourth of July
Basketball Game
➖Emerson Higgins
➖Nathaniel Feder
Deer Morning
Crazy Ass Bus Drivers
K-Mart Trips
Ballet, Ice Cream & Brothers
Positive Parties
Lenny's 'Fight & Frat Boys
Lake House From The Past
Rob's Toupee
Doctor's Appointment
Time to tell them
"Repeat that, kid."
Authors Note
Marry Me?
"Are you gonna tell us?"
Moving Day
'Yeah, uh, my water broke."
Welcome Home, Rosie
Author's Note

Sweetest Moments

16.7K 277 16
By SavannahBrookeFrisby

The last day. It was the very last day in the lake house and that meant everyone would be going their own way.

Of course the kids would still be around each other, well besides the Feder kids who had to go back to LA.

So, the adults had the idea to stay at the lake house and just spend time with each other.

Right now, Emerson day on the bed with a frown on her face.

"Hey, everyone's outside. You coming?"

"Yeah, in a second." She sighed.

"Alright, what's wrong kid?" Marcus asked his daughter, going to sit next to her.

"I've spent all weekend with a guy I probably won't see again for another couple of years. I knew I shouldn't have gotten attached to him." Emerson wiped a stray tear away.

"If there is one thing I learned from seeing the two of you together, its that I have never seen anyone look at someone like he looks at you. And if he's been around you the whole time, then that probably means he likes you." Marcus told his only child. "But sitting in here while everyone else is enjoying themselves outside, then you'll never know how far you'd go."

"I love you, dad." Emerson smiled, standing up.

"I love you too, Emmy." Marcus watched his daughter leave the room before looking up at the roof, "You'd be proud of her, Des."

✖️✖️✖️

The blonde teenager sat on the porch swing, knees brought up to her chest as she looked out at the stars. She was thinking about everyone leaving tomorrow, mostly Nate and the Feder family. She wouldn't admit it to anyone, but she was gonna miss them and she's miss Nate even more.

"Hey."

Emerson looked up to see Nate leaned against the door, hands in his sweatpants pockets, "Hi."

"What are you still doing up? Everyone else is sleeping." He asked, going to sit next to her.

"Just thinking." She mumbled, laying her head on her knees and turning her head to look at him.

"About everyone leaving tomorrow?" He asked and she nodded.

"Mostly you guys. I mean who knows when the next time we'll see each other will be." She told him.

"Emerson, I promise to you that we'll see each other sooner than you think." Nate put his hand on her thigh, "I have your number and you have mine. All you gotta do is call it and I'll answer, no matter what. Come here."

He held his arms out and she moved to laying against her chest.

Nate wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head as they sat in silence.

XXX

Cars were packed and everyone was saying there goodbyes.

"I'm gonna miss you, EJ." Keithie hugged the older girl, not wanting to let go at all.

Over the course if the weekend, Keithie Gaines more of a Brother-sister type bond, same with Greg.

"I'll miss you too." She told the younger boy before Greg pulled him away from her.

"I'll miss you more than him." Greg grinned.

"You got my number, text me when you want." She kisses the top of his head, then she bent down to Becky's height. "Same goes for you, lady bug. Just ask one of your brothers to call me if you wanna talk."

"Okay. I love you, Emmy." Becky grinned.

"Love you too, kid." Emerson kissed her forehead before standing up.

"You know, it's been a pretty nice Fourth of July weekend." Nate grinned down at her, the adults and kids watching them.

"C'mon son, kiss her." Lenny mumbled, "I got money on your asking her out before we get in the car."

"Have fun in Milan since you're going for the rest of Fashion Week." Emerson smiled. "But don't meet another girl. I don't like playing games."

"And replace you? Never." He started to lean in.

A honk made the two jump, "Let's go!" Roxanne yelled from inside the car. "Well miss our flight!"

"Bye." Emerson backed away.

Nate let out a sigh and got in the car with his family. Bitting her lip, Emerson turned around to walk towards Charlotte and Donna.

The others were staying until later so they could get the lake house cleaned back up.

"Uh, Emmy." Charlotte pointed behind her.

Emerson gave her a confused look, but grinned as she heard her name being called.

"Emerson!"

Turning around, she found Nate running towards her, the car parked a little and away and his family hanging out the windows.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked him, "You're gonna miss your flight."

"I forgot something." He grinned, grabbing her face and pulled her into a kiss.

Her hand rested on his hips as their lips moved in sync, smiled on their faces.

"You drive me crazy." Nate told her once they pulled away, "But that just means I'm one hundred percent in this if you'll be my girlfriend."

"Na-,"

"Say yes, woman!" The younger teens yelled and she laughed.

"I'd love you." She pecked his lips, "But you really should go before you miss your flight. Call me when you guys land."

"No problem, babe." He grinned, kissing her one last time before running back to the car.

"Lamansoff! You own me money!" Lenny yelled, rolling his window up.

"Well, Ms. Higgins, how does it feel?" Charlotte asked

"How does what feel?" She asked, with a smile.

"To have a boyfriend." Donna said.

"Pretty good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705 8 12
A young girl falls in love with her high school sweetheart, but he not be so sweet. As years go on he tends to change. The love of her life might be...
2K 117 56
Emerson Vermont, high school senior just wants to graduate and leave her hometown and all the drama (she probably caused too) behind. But what you wi...
6.4K 128 17
in which a girl that has always been alone.
Story of Us By Rosie

Teen Fiction

568 64 17
Clarrie Walker is 13 and feels so alone. Her Dad ran away and her Mum died from brain cancer. She now lives with her Mum's twin sister, Aunt Tanny. C...