'Yeah, uh, my water broke."

Nate walked down the stairs of his and Emerson's house after getting out of the shower

Nate walked down the stairs of his and Emerson's house after getting out of the shower. Just as he hit the bottom step, the sound of glass shattering filled his ears.

"Emmy?!" He called out in worry, rushing towards the kitchen where she was dressed and standing in the middle of the kitchen with a broken cup around her feet. "Baby? What happened? Em?"

"Yeah, uh, my water broke."

"What?! Now?!"

"Yes, now! Nate get the bag we packed and get me to the fucking hospital."

"Don't you wanna call-,"

"I'll call them while I'm pushing a baby out of my vagina!"

✖️✖️✖️

"Where are they?" Roxanne wobbled into the hospital behind her husband and three of her five kids since she was pregnant with the fifth and here for the first one.

"Nate and Emmy are in their hospital room." Marcus answered, "Braden went back with them. Oh, there he is."

"Doctor said she should be able to start pushing in the next 5, 10 minutes." Braden told them.

"How's Emmy?" Sally asked.

"She's doing fine. A few doubts about being able to do it, but Nate's calming her down."

✖️✖️✖️

"Okay, Emerson." The Doctor came in, "is there anyone besides Nate that you want in the room with you?"

"No."

"Alright, well, it's time for you to start pushing."

✖️✖️✖️

"Family of Emerson Higgins and Nathaniel Feder?"

"That's us." Everyone stood up.

"If you guys will, come meet the newest member." The nurse smiled, turning to take them back to Nate and Emerson.

"I'm so excited!" Becky grinned as the door opened and everyone piled in, finding Emerson and Nate both sitting on the hospital bed, a little pink bundle resting in Nate's arms and the new parents smiled down at their baby in awe.

"Hey, guys." Emerson smiled, "Meet Rosemary Nicole Feder."

"She's so beautiful." Marcus smiled down at his granddaughter.

"You wanna hold her?" Nate asked his future father-in-law.

"Please?"

Emerson smiled as she watched her Dad hold her daughter, Nate standing behind her in a protective way as to make sure nothing happens to her.

"Well, how does it feel?" Sally asked as the women gathered around her as the men coo'ed over the baby girl.

"Feels amazing." Emerson grinned. "Except, dad over there is gonna be super protective."

"Believe me, we know the feeling." Deanne said.

"Okay, it's out turn." Sally told the men.

"What?"

"No!"

"I didn't get to hold her! Marcus is hogging her!"

"She's my granddaughter!" Marcus exclaimed. "I'll hold her for however long I want to hold her for!"

"Hey!" Nate exclaimed, taking his daughter for Marcus, "Don't fight with her in between you guys."

"Sorry." The four men mumbled, looking down to the floor.

"Give her to Braden." Emerson told her fiancé, watching him hand off the newborn baby to her Uncle who wasn't holding her all the way to his chest, "B, you're not gonna hurt her."

"I, uh, holding something this small and fragile is making my, uh...."

Nate chuckled, "Dude, it's okay. Took me 20 minutes before I'd even take her from Emmy. Just bring her in more."

Braden hesitated for a moment, but soon brought her in to his chest, holding her the correct way.

"Looks like she likes her Uncle Braden." Kurt laughed, "She's smile so big at him."

"I want her to like me!" Greg and Andre yelled out at.

Emerson chuckled, laying her head back on the pillow of her bed as Nate came to her side, both of them watching as everyone coo'ed over the little bundle of joy.

"We made a cute kid." Nate smiled, intertwining his fingers with her's. "Thank you."

"For what, baby?"

"Coming into my life, agreeing to be my girlfriend, agreeing to marry me, moving in with me, giving me our beautiful daughter."

"I love you."

"I love you too, mama."

Rosemary Nicole Feder