The Madness That Rose

By Bunfoo

The worst thing in life is dying. But what if you can come back to life? What if you can have a second chance... More

The Madness That Rose
Alvin
Tilly
Kenji
Endurance
Us
Camp
Invaded
Kids
Bodies
Abella
Update
Miles
Highway
Update #2
Hospital
Monster
Battery
Two
Kiss
Plan
Slaughter
Ladder
Quinn
Crawl
Road
School
Found
Gold
Names
Caged
Go
Grenade
Hunting
Rat
Rednecks
Boom
Girls
Annette

Bruises

354 24 35
By Bunfoo

Chapter 26

Alia

"What's going on here?" I question Abella.

She eyes me.

"Do you know these people?" she sternly asks.

I blink from astonishment.

"Don't you reminder Tilly and Kenji? Um, hello? Tilly was your best friend since kindergarten." I stated.

"I don't know what you are talking about..." Abella replies.

My eyes widen, and my mouth falls. Is Abella delusional? This was her old group. I'm sure she wouldn't forget them after two years.

A man spoke up,"Hey, this was the hospital group!"

A woman adds, "The one we sabotaged!"

What kind of group is this? Abella... she's different. She isn't the same person I knew two years ago.

"Abella... did you trap us in the hospital?" I ask her with a lump on my throat.

I look up to her pointing her gun at Charlie who had a black eye. He stared at me. I ran up to him and blocked Abella.

I choke, "Abella... You can't kill them! They're our family!"

She puts her gun down and grips my shirt. She pulls me away from Charlie and towards her.

"I'm your family. These people are just strangers you've met." Abella snaps.

"What's wrong with you!" I shout.

I glare at her mad face. People watched us.

"What happened to you? What did I miss over these two years?" I question.

She breathes in heavily.

"I am the same person you've known your whole life," Abella answers, "You're the one who changed."

I try pushing away from her, but Abella was strong. I hear the school door open to Miles exiting the school. He sees Charlie, but behind him, I see the girls cower in the building.

"Charlie?" Miles questions.

Miles then faces me with a questioning look as he sees Abella gripping onto me.

My sister lets go of me, and I fell to the floor.

"The commander wants them dead." Abella states to everyone.

I turn around to Tilly holding on to my shoulder. She had somber eyes.

"I thought you were gone forever." She whispers.

I hold on to her hand.

"Tell Lillian and Ruth I forgive them," I whisper back,"I will not let you guys die."

I see a man pick Charlie up from the ground.

"No!" I cry.

I stand up, but Abella gripped onto my collar.

"Wait!" Miles shouts, "Take me instead! Let him live."

I turn to Miles handing himself to them with his hands up. My eyes widen. No... not Miles. Miles is insane! I can get Charlie and the rest out, easily since I have a plan, but... Miles will surely fight and get himself killed.

The man turns to Abella. She paused then talks into a walkie talkie, which I couldn't hear for her soft whispers.

"Take the brunette boy since he will take blondie's place." Abella commands.

The man pushes Charlie to the ground and takes Miles.

"Tonight..." Abella sternly tells the men.

The men began picking up my group excluding me and Charlie. I glare at Abella, but she walks away before I could argue.

I turn to Charlie who was hurt. His lips were all puffy and he had a black eye on his right one. His left cheek was purple from being beaten. I carefully feel his cheeks. Charlie was badly hurt.

"I'll get you fixed up..." I softly tell him.

I help Charlie stand up, and we both walked inside the building. Charlie was limping. What have they done to him?

My face was red from anger. I'm boiling and ready to kill someone... who isn't infected. I breathe in and out fast from my rage. I've never been so mad in my life. They've taken my friends... They've hurt them... But I know they are capable of killing one of them. Even though Ruth and Lillian would've killed be if I had stayed, I forgive them. They had a good reason but not Abella. I see eyes stare at us as we both struggle to the nurse's office. I enter the big plaza that had a door that lead to the nurse's office. There was no one inside. I put Charlie on one of the cots. He lays down, but he had not said a word. I see the girls peeking through the windows and door inside the nurse's office.

I look through the cabinets and drawers. I take a rag and wet it with warm water from the sink. I squeeze the rag to take the extra water out. I walk back to the cot and began wiping all the blood off Charlie's face.

I finally broke the silence.

"Hey... You look better already." I smile, trying to brighten the mood.

Charlie still had a blank stare. He hadn't looked at me since I left.

I leave the cot to the medical cabinet. I found some cream that relieves puffiness from injuries. I walk back to Charlie and put the cream on my finger. I began rubbing it around his eye and lip.

"This will make your face more better." I tell him with a positive attitude.

I walk back to the medical cabinet for a cream for bruises. I found it on the top shelf. I shrug back to Charlie.

I begin rubbing the cream on his cheeks. I look at him then lifts his shirt up just a bit. On his stomach, there was a giant bruise.

"Oh Charlie..." I sigh.

I begin rubbing the cream on his stomach.

While I rubbed his belly, I ask him, "Tell me what's going on..."

He swallows and say nothing. I keep running the cream, but I lay my head on the cot.

"Please..." I sigh.

I focus on the cream on his belly. The bruise looked bad. I feel so sorry for Charlie.

"My dad..." he whispers.

I jump from his voice but then stare at him.

Charlie continues quietly, "My dad... he used to hurt me... The man reminded me how I felt when my dad got mad at me."

I wrinkle my eyebrows from worry and gasped.

"I never knew..." I softly tell him, "I'm so sorry..."

Charlie replies, "I've always wanted to tell you that but... I thought you would stop talking to me..."

I look at him with somber eyes.

"Why would I ever do that?" I ask.

Charlie replies,"Because that's what happened to me at school. No one ever talked to me after I told them and my teachers. I was put in a foster home after that..."

I stand up and hover over him. I give Charlie a great, big hug.

"I would never do that," I assure him, "Because I'm always here for you no matter what."

"I'm glad I have you, Alia." Charlie replies as he hugs me back, "I would've been dead without you. Alia, you've taught me to live in an ugly world through your beautiful words. You see this world through eyes like no one else. Alia, you make the world seem like it's not ugly... That's what I love about you."

I pull away from him.

I declare, "You need to get some rest. Those wounds need to heal. Meanwhile, I know some nice girls that will take care of you real well."

I give him a small smile as he nods and close his eyes, so I walk up to the group of girls waiting outside.

"Can you guys take care of him?" I politely ask them, "His name is Charlie, and he needs rest."

They all nod with a big smile, so I walk out while all of them watch Charlie sleep.

I begin walking back out to the entrance to find out what they will do to Miles and the rest, but that means I have to love Abella and also apologize. But that means I have to lie...

**************************

HAPPY LABOR DAY!! I would like to thank ALL the workers out there in America and the world :D That includes the students too because they work hard. Thank you for all your hard work everyone. The workers here in America and the other countries helped us build a better economy and better countries. Without you guys, we wouldn't be here today. :) even if you just pack panties all day or even if you're just a bread scientist. Who cares? Pantie workers, thanks for making other people happy. Bread scientists, thank you for helping us not get stale bread. Love you all :D

<3 WORKERS <3

-Bunny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741 49 37
Sam Rose Set in The Arising Universe [SPOILERS] Before you read Sam Rose Please Read The Arising: A New Start of Life (Book 1) to The Arising: Tellin...
14.7K 705 92
Carisa's been running for her life the past two years. Loosing her loved ones and anyone she grows close to. The apocalypse was caused by an alien ra...
1.1M 18.4K 23
WHEN THEY RISE, WE WILL FALL. We've seen the movies, we've watched the TV shows, but nothing will ever prepare us for a real zombie apocalypse. When...
5.2K 168 24
Book One in the Uprise series 'I felt the guilt. This was all my fault, I should have made sure there was no more before I let my guard down. But wha...