Let's Make A Deal, My King

De YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... Mais

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears

1.7K 68 10
De YuuMA08

Amelia

I just finished reading almost half of the book when Cassius woke up. I was going to hide the book but I was too late and there's no use hiding it from him since this belongs to his family. After all, the owner, Alianna has the surname of Donello.

"What are you reading?" he asked and yawned. I showed him the book and he read the title. "L'angelo Fenice? Where did you get that? It's pretty old."

"Can you believe it when I found it on a secret trap door in your library?" I told him but he gave me a confused look.

"There's a secret room in the library?" he asked. I was surprised that he didn't know. But since that shelf is full of dust, no one would have known that secret place.

"Yes, and I think it belongs to Alianna since I saw a painting of her." his eyes widened at the mention of Alianna. "What is it? Do you know her?" I asked.

"...A relative. Where is this room?" He didn't explain and I didn't pry further since it involves his family.

"I'll show it to you later when no one is around in the library." I said and got up from bed to open the curtains.

"Why?" he was confused at what I said.

"Remember what I told you that there is a mole in this pack? Well, that person wants this book." he looked surprised at what I told him and he was lost for words. The air around here suddenly became cold. Although I can't see it on his face, I know Cassius is extremely angry.

"Calm down Cassius. I'm not yet certain who it is yet." I told him.

"Then, you must have someone in mind." He said without looking at me. He was about to leave but I clutched his arm to prevent him from doing so.

"Stop, stop, stop! What do you think you're doing?" He looked at me furiously and I flinched. He noticed this so he looked away and sighed heavily.

"I'm going catch that bastard and kill him." He seethed and I gulped. He's really going to do that no matter who it was.

"You can't! I told you. I'm not yet sure if that person really is a mole so you can't just burst out and hunt them down just like that. There's no need for some bloodshed if we could just solve this peacefully." I tried to rationalize.

"You know me, Amelia. I have done things like this a lot and will do it my way." I rolled my eyes and showed him the book.

"There is a way. I'm going to use this book as bait. This person must have a reason why they did it and I don't want that person to die without knowing why they did it. So please, can you let me handle this? I promise I won't do anything dangerous." I reassured him.

Of course, it's a half lie since I don't know if what I'll do will be dangerous or not. But it's Cassius we're talking about so I had no choice but to lie a bit. He hesitated for a bit as I was waiting for his reply.

"Fine but take me to where this secret room is. Everyone is probably still asleep since it's too early." I looked at the time and saw that it was six thirty in the morning.

"Okay, let's go to the library but first, I need a place to hide this book." I could hide it again under his bed but I will not take the risk.

"I have a safe in my closet. The book will be safe there." he said and got up. We went to a large walk-in closet, the size of twice the average room. Heck! This closet even has a couch and chandelier.

The safe was located on top of a small cabinet in the corner. He dialed the code and I saw what it was. The code was twenty-two, seventeen. After the safe was opened, I handed him the book and he placed it inside and then locked the safe. The safe was empty, it must have been a spare seeing as there is a much bigger one beside it.

"Does anyone know about this safe?" I asked him.

"No. You're the only one who knew it." I'm brimming with delight that somehow I was a little special. "Shall we go?" I nod my head and we went outside of the room.

No one seems to be awake at the moment, except for some workers doing their daily duties. They bowed their heads when they passed us by. It made me feel uncomfortable to be treated like this but I didn't show it to them.

We went inside the library and I lead him to the farther and more secluded part of the library. When he saw the painting of the feather, he had the same reaction as me when I saw it, fascinated. I moved the painting and pulled down the lever. As usual, the shelf moved to the side to reveal a small passage. I went inside easily while Cassius was having a hard time entering since he was too big. He saw the painting of Alianna and I pointed out the nameplate underneath it.

"This is the first time I saw a portrait of her even though this is her place." My eyes widened at what he said. "We have portraits of our ancestors but there wasn't a single one for Alianna hanging on the wall. It must have been because she was mated to a warlock. They must have thought she betrayed them." he said while wiping the dust from the nameplate.

"Wait! Then is she the sister of King Denovan?" I asked him and he nodded. "Then...Cassius, what's the name of the warlock mated to Alianna?"

"You know him. Winderwald."

"Fuck! This is so annoying!" I yelled and almost pulled my hair due to frustration.

"What's wrong?" Cassius asked surprised and worried.

"The book! Winderwald's tainted secrets. The one about the female Lycan and how she killed Enoch." I pointed it out and his brows furrowed.

"That can't be her. Alianna was a gentle person. She never fought without reason. There are not even any records of her killing someone. It must be a different Lycan." He said.

"But the year in the portrait here is the same as the year Hazrah met that Lycan. Even if his mate was a Lycan, his anger cannot be dissolved that easily after what a Lycan did to his disciple. And even going so far as to curse King Denovan because he won't let them be together? Cassius, a curse to warlocks and witches is forbidden. Hazrah would think it would be a waste of time to do that if he wasn't serious or angry." I explained to him. When something annoying comes up, another one appears. It's become a headache now.

"Then...did my ancestors lie?" He asked seriously and I sighed.

"No, I don't think they did. Perhaps, the book- no, Hazrah Winderwald was the one lying. Considering his eccentric personality, he would definitely mix in lies and truth in his stories for fun." I said and shook my head in disappointment. Yeah, he was that kind of guy. I even know what kind of person he is even without meeting him because of Aunt Vargo's stories. To think Alianna's aethyraz is that guy. Such a waste.

"All this annoying stuff is making me hungry." I heard him laugh a bit at my complaint so I shot him a glare.

"Then, shall we eat breakfast?" He offered and I didn't hesitate to agree.

We went out of the library and headed straight to the kitchen since I'm hungry. Especially with all the happenings, my brain is stressed out and I need food to energize me. I sat on a stool on the counter and I watched as he moved back and forth from the fridge to the stove.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?" he asked. I tap my nails on the counter to help me think and I thought of some food that I haven't eaten in a long time.

"Can you make waffles? With chocolate and strawberry?" I asked him.

"Of course, but you have to help me though." I happily clapped my hands before I went to his side to help him. I was in charge of cutting the strawberries and beating the eggs. I went to his side when he start to pour the batter onto the waffle pan.

"Wow, aren't you guys all lovey-dovey." Hans said who was already sitting at the counter. I noticed him sitting there for a while now, that's why I'm not surprised.

"Are you jealous that I'm having your dear King all to myself?" I teased him. He gasped and clasped his heart for an exaggerating effect.

"How could you have an affair with this woman? What about the times we spent together?" he exclaimed at Cassius with fake tears. Cassius just rolled his eyes while I laughed.

"Keep going and you won't be having any waffles." Cassius said.

"Bro! I'm just messing with ya. You can spend the rest of your life with her. I give you my blessings in return for that delicious waffles." he said.

"You still haven't found your aethyraz yet?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Unfortunately yes. Maybe she's out there having the time of her life but I'll wait for her. This bel homme here isn't going anywhere. And besides, I don't plan on having a romantic life at the moment." he said and winked. I just hummed in response and sat beside him, waiting for Cassius to finish the waffles.

I saw Casper entering the kitchen so I waved and gestured for him to sit between me and Hans. He waved back but stopped midway as he paled upon seeing Cassius. I took a glance at Cassius and saw him glaring at the poor boy.

"Come on Cas, you can sit here. Don't worry about Cassius and eat. A young boy such as yourself needs all the nutrients to grow." I told him. He's still frozen in his place so I covered Cassius' eyes and gestured for Casper to sit beside me. He did sit, but beside Hans.

"So you guys are like best friends already? As expected of little Casper." Hans asked.

"You know Casper?" I asked him.

"Yeah, he's my cousin's son. Can't you see the resemblance?" he compared his face to Casper the moment he sat beside us.

"No, thank goodness. I'm actually happy that he didn't get your narcissistic attitude." he dramatically gasped once again.

"Poupée, you're hurting mes sentiments, you know that?" he said and I just rolled my eyes. Cassius was already done with the waffle and served it to us. Cassius gave me a separate plate from the rest with a glass of milk. Aww, he's so sweet.

I mumbled thanks and begin to eat. Cassius sat beside me and begin to eat his. I moaned at the deliciousness of the waffles. It's like I'm in Belgium, eating Belgian waffles. I'm finished with my first waffle when Ven and Zeyd entered the kitchen. They greeted us and I offered them the waffles.

After we were done eating, I asked them to wait here because I have something to show them. I ran to Cassius' room and went to the safe. I entered the code and got the book from the safe. I rushed back and showed them the book. Cassius was, of course, surprised but I gave him a reassuring smile.

"What's that?" Ven asked.

"I found this book in the most hidden part of the library. This book here is very rare. I think this is what the mole wants to give to the witch of Caduta del fenice. That's what they're called." I said and I saw the three of the guys eyeing the book with curiosity. "I wanted to read this but I need a place where I can concentrate."

"How about your room?" Hans said and I shook my head.

"The library?" Zeyd said and I shook my head again.

"I want somewhere peaceful but not quiet."

"How about the forest? There's a waterfall there. There's not a single place where you can concentrate more than a place where you can hear the sound of nature." Casper said. I raised a brow and smiled.

"Now that's a lovely place. Thanks, Cas." I said and reach out to Cas to pat his head. Cassius of course, scowled at what I did so I retracted my hand before he could do something again to the poor boy.

Everyone left to do what they were supposed to do. I stayed in the kitchen eating chocolate while Casper was washing the dishes. I offered to help but he declined so I'm just watching him for now. After he was done washing, he was surprised to see me sitting on the counter.

"What are you still doing here Ms. Mia?" he asked and I smiled mischievously.

"I'm waiting for you to be done 'cause I have a favor to ask you." he looks confused but I just smiled at him.

I'm gonna enjoy this so much.

******

I wore the clothes I wore the first time I came here since it's comfortable for what I'm going to do today. I grab the shoulder bag with the book inside and went to Cassius' office. I was about to knock when he told me to come in. The dude is like a psychic or something. I opened the door and went inside.

"I'll be going to the forest now." I said and he crossed his arms.

"Are you sure you want to read it there? You can always read it here since it's much safer." I shook my head and smiled at him.

"I wanted to have fresh air while reading. It helps me to concentrate and relax." I told him. "So...I better get going." I waved at him and was about to leave but he grabs my hand to stop me.

"I know what you're planning to do, Amelia. You're not just gonna read there aren't you?" he said with a serious expression. I gulped and laughed awkwardly. I guess there's no point in hiding it from him.

"No. I'm going to catch the mole and I don't want you or anyone you ordered to keep an eye on me or to interfere, okay?"

"Why?"

"Because I made a promise to someone." I said sternly. We stared for a long time without breaking eye contact until he sighed in defeat.

"But the moment I can sense even the tiniest danger, I will go straight to where you are." I saluted and smiled at him before he let me go.

I went out of the pack man- castle. I should call it a castle now since I took a good look at its appearance from the outside and it's far from what you can call a mansion. The people I passed by bowed at me. I guess they must have known who I am despite not meeting them.

I went deep into the woods until I heard the faint sound of the waterfall. I ran to where it is and I was bewitched at the sight before me. It was a very tall waterfall with big boulders from the bottom that seems to decrease in size as it ascends. The bottom of the waterfall seems to be surrounded by various flowers and the water seems to sparkle because of the light. And it has the clearest water I've ever seen and you can definitely see the rocks. It was so enchanting that I can't help but stare at it for a bit longer.

I leisurely walked around the waterfall until I saw a bench nearby. It was very old and there were a lot of vines and weeds surrounding and latching on it. I took a seat at a clean spot and took the book from the bag. I began reading it until an hour has passed. I was about to turn to the next page when I heard someone step on a twig. I looked to where the sound came from and I smiled upon seeing who it was.

"Well, well, look who's here. Are you here to accompany me or something else? I wonder what it is, Zeyd?"

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.4K 186 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
9.6K 345 30
almost a hundred years ago, the beasts in the shadows, known as werewolves, made themselves known, their attack was so unexpected, no one even knew t...
63.5K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
169K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...