VERDICT OF LOVE

By favourakpofure

"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunne... More

characters names
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End ?)
Surprise Chapter
New Read

Chapter 21

24.6K 600 30
By favourakpofure

6 1\2months after

"Louis hurry up" I yell from the living room.

Louis is driving me to the bus stop where I will take a bus to the park and right now I am about to assassinate him if he doesn't get down this minute.

"Okay I am here already, don't pull down the house," he says sauntering down the stairs dressed in black jeans paired with a black t-shirt.

"Come on let's go I can't wait to see him," I say walking towards his car at a slow pace.

He pulled out of the compound " make sure you don't hurt yourself while walking... " Louis says parking not too far from the bus stop.

I cut him off" I know. Okay bye, see you at the house," I say stepping out from the car before weaving him goodbye as he drives off.

I seat on the bench waiting for the bus " Shiloh" a voice calls from the car parked in front of me.

I stare at the driver surprised he knows my name while watching him step out, making his way towards him, then taking a seat beside me " have we met before" I ask studying his features.

He is a little bit on the muscular side, black short curly hair, and hazel eyes. He was dressed in black combat trousers and a brown t-shirt showing off the tattoo on his left hand. His stance gives me goosebumps because he looks so intimidating.

"I really feel hurt " he laughs " have I really changed that much?" He asks staring at me intensely.

Is today April fools day?" Sorry, I don't still know who you are since you have a nice way of giving introductions" I blurt out sarcastically

Shiloh stop this, it's not the right time to be sarcastic this man is could be a serial killer ready to end your life.

"Okay let me introduce myself," he says snapping me out of my creepy thoughts " I am Blake Jackson," he says smugly.

"What? You are Blake Jackson the Blake Jackson I knew in high school?" I ask bewildered gazing at him with wide eyes.

The Blake Jackson I know is nothing like this intimidating man sitting beside me, he was a nerd in high school looking-slender and shy.

The only resemblance he has with this man is his curly black hair and brown eyes, he used to have a crush on me during high school but I never accepted because I had eyes for only a specific person.

"In the flesh, " he says with a smile.

I gaze at him wowed " can't believe this. you changed so much" I say smiling still in shock.

" Yeah, people change. So what is your destination let me drop you off ?" He says standing to his feet before helping me up with a smile still on his lips.

"I am heading towards the park, " I say picking up my bag before we both walk towards his car.

He opened the door for me helping me in before walking towards the driver seat " you are in college, right?" I say starting a conversation as he drives.

"Hmm," he says his attention focused on the road.

"Okay that is good," I say gazing out the window as we drove in silence, he was never much of a talker and I am also happy he didn't bother asking about Chance, actually he doesn't need to because Chance and Sam engagement is all over the news.

He parked reaching my destination "it was nice seeing you today"

I smile at him " I feel the same and thanks for the ride" I say before getting out.

I wave him goodbye making my way away from his car to find Garrett since we agreed to meet at the park.

After our encounter, he has been a big supportive brother to me always calling and checking up on me and I appreciate it so much.

I found him seated on a bench beside the water fountain before sitting beside him gaining his attention " hey"

"How are you doing?" He asks with a smile.

"I am doing fine," I say before a frown appears on my face " where is Edward?"

I pleaded with him to let me see Edward after not seeing that bundle of joy for almost nine months so he agreed to let me have him today.

"He is over there," he says point towards Edward who was playing with a puppy " you got him a puppy? he always wanted one," I say watching him while he continues playing with the white fluffy dog.

"I got her as a birthday gift for him" I wasn't able to go for his birthday, you understand why.

"Edward" I call gaining his attention.

"Aunty Shiloh!" He yells running towards me with the puppy running behind him.

I laugh elated from how excited he looks, " how is my favorite nephew?" I ask placing him on my hip with his legs wrapped around my waist.

"Fine Aunty Shiloh, see dad brought me a puppy her name is Fluffy," he says grinning widely.

"Wow, she is so pretty" I Kiss his cheeks making him giggle.

"Aunty Shiloh are you going back, leaving us here because Mummy told me you traveled far away from us ?" He asks looking sad and curious. For a four-year-old, he was very clever.

"No am not going away because I will miss you so much, " I say making him grin happily.

"Your stomach is very big Aunty Shiloh, " he says curiously.

"My stomach is very big because your cousin is in here"

"Okay, let me take you home " Garrett announced cutting the unanswered questions of Edward.

We walk towards where his car is parked, the drive back to the house took twelve minutes but Garrett had to leave immediately for a meeting.

I walk into the quiet house with Edward holding on to my hand while my bag and his backpack rest on my shoulder with Fluffy walking behind us.

Placing his backpack and my bag on the couch in the living room before directing my gaze on the inquisitive eyes of Edward," so what would you like to do?" I ask making him sit on the couch beside me.

"I brought lion king it is in my backpack," he says playing with Fluffy on his lap.

I check through his backpack for the DVD before switching on the TV and DVD player.

A few minutes into the cartoon Edward whines with Fluffy sleeping peacefully on the floor " what is it, sweetheart?" I ask placing him on my lap.

"I am hungry," he says whining.

"Okay let go bake cookies, " I say cheerfully before taking him to the kitchen.

After done eating the cookies Edward took a nap leaving me alone to read and right now Garrett was here to get Edward " bye, be a good boy, okay?" I say ruffing his hair before placing him on his feet.

"Okay. Aunty Shiloh, please come to visit" he says with pleading eyes making my heart melt.

I stare at Garrett for help, I can't bring myself to lie " come on, get in Edward Aunty Shiloh needs some rest because it's late " he says urging him into the car before putting his seatbelt on.

He closed the door before focusing his attention on me " Take care of yourself and the baby, let me know when you need anything" he says placing his hand on my shoulder.

I gave him a nod "Thank you so much for today it means a lot to me " I smile sadly knowing this may be the last I get to see Edward.

He pulled me into his embrace patting me gently on the back " don't stress yourself out by worrying too much" he advice before getting into the car.

I wave them goodbye then walk back into the house.

I make myself comfortable on the settee with the dim light surrounding me, so now I am officially home alone since Emma is spending the weekend with her parents while Damien and Louis...I have no idea.

Then, Chance has been gone since after both he, Damien, and Louis's graduated.

Even after we kissed he became distinct, you could say I haven't seen him or Sam for three months because like Emma said he traveled out of the country with Sam.

I miss him so much, in a way his absence is good I don't have to see him but it feels different when I was trying to avoid him, it was okay because he was still around me but now I don't even know his whereabouts.

Anyway, I should be happy because a few weeks from now my baby would be seeing this world.

I sigh loudly placing my hand on my belly making my baby kick which is sometimes painful.

I still experience bleeding and cramps but it is okay because my baby's health is not being affected.

A yawn escapes my lips as my eyes feel weak from tiredness, I plod towards my room to have a good night's sleep after taking a relaxing shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Am coming, you don't have to pull down the door" I scream at the person who decides to wake me up so early on a Sunday morning by jabbing on my room door.

I pull the door open making a fist almost collide with my face" sorry" Damien says apologetically.

I place my hands on both sides of my waist with a scowl on my face " what is your crisis? Why are you thumping on my door this early?"

"It's 10 am. Anyway go change into something presentable I will be right here waiting" he says urging me back into the room.

"Why? What is going on?" I ask with raised eyebrows feeling anxious.

"Shiloh just go in there and change and you will know in a few minutes, " he says with a suspicious smile on his lip before closing the door.

I stare at the closed door confused,"  hurry up Shiloh " he yells from behind the door.

"Okay," I mutter before going into the bathroom.

I did my daily routine deciding on a black tank top and grey-black leggings leaving my hair in a ponytail.

"Okay I am ready," I announce closing the door behind me.

"It took you long enough," he replies before pulling me by the wrist.

"What going on Damien?" I ask once again as he pulls me by my wrist towards the living room receiving no reply from him" you are getting on my last nerve "

"Surprise!" Everyone yells immediately we enter the living room.

The living room was decorated with blue, and red ribbons.

Everyone was here including Mum Elaina, Emma, Louis, Summer, and Shane are all here.

I stare at everyone confused about the sudden event" what going on? Are we celebrating something " I ask curiously.

"You don't remember what happens today?" Louis facepalm before showing me the calendar on his phone.

Checking the date I figured out what was so special about today.

Today is my birthday. I can't believe today is my birthday and I forgot the most important day of my existence.

Today is so important because I get to spend all day with my family no matter how busy they are making me love and cherish today.

"Thanks, everyone," I say grinning widely giving everyone a hug receiving happy birthday wishes and gifts which include baby clothes and accessories.

Emma plays Rather Be by Clean Bandit and Jess Gynn from her mp3 while we chat, eat or watch TV.

I kept checking my phone for any birthday wishes from Chance, Sylvia, and my parents but none till now, not even a call from them almost bringing tears into my eyes.

Hearing the sound of the doorbell ringing I rush towards the door before anyone could get it, maybe it's mum or Sylvia at the door with that in mind a wide grin find a place on my lip.

Opening the door my excitement watches away seeing who is at the door " I have a package for Shiloh Malia Sante " the delivery guy says holding a package making me excited once again.

"That me "

"Okay just sign here and here," he says giving me a notepad.

After taking the package I closed the door " who was that?" Emma asks seeing me walking into the dining/kitchen.

"It's just a package for me, " I say mellowly placing the package on the dinner table before ripping it open.

"It's a baby gift set and it looks so expensive, " Summer says watching me open up the package, a note is placed on the baby gift set neatly.

Unfolding the paper I read the message written" I hope you are having a remarkable birthday, I won't be able to make it for the celebration but I hope this little gift is enough.

I know you love your baby so much so I got a baby gift set, once again enjoy your day.

From your brother in law."  I read.

"That a nice baby set who is it from," Mum Elaina asks coming into the dining room.

"It from Garrett"

" Shiloh I would like to have a word with you before leaving, " Mum Eliana says sounding serious.

"Okay, Emma please help me take these to my room," I say point towards the baby set.

Emma left taking the baby set with her while Summer walks towards the living room where the boys were, leaving me and Mum Eliana to talk.

She takes a seat beside mine, her gaze focused on me " Shiloh I know you are sad because this is your first birthday without your family but you don't have to be, you have people around you who are here today " she says mildly with a smile.

"I understand," I say before remembering I have something to tell her " Mum Eliana I made plans which would help me in my career"

"What are those plans," she asks curiously.

"Umm... I can't tell you right now" I say nervously.

"That alright but remember I am always here to support you," she says sincerely.

"Thanks so much for coming even with your busy schedule," I say with a wide grin.

After everyone left me, Damien, Emma, and Louis decided to spend some time together " Louis could you please bring the last slice of cake from the fridge?" I say lying on the couch while Emma seat crossed-legged on the floor watching a TV show resting her back against Damien his hands wrapped around her body then we have Louis sitting on the divan.

"Go get it yourselves you have legs," he says groaning.

I could definitely get it myself but am too lazy right now " Okay, why don't I get it myself then trip on an invisible rug placed on the floor in the kitchen while getting the cake from the fridge," I say making a move to get up from the couch.

"Am going already, no need for the exaggeration" he says going into the kitchen.

Shane baked the strawberry banana iced cake and some pastries for my birthday which were so delicious.

"You ate almost half the cake and you still want more, " Damien says in amusement.

"The cake is delicious and besides it not every day you get free cakes and pastries"

"Like when I brought you yellow butter cake with chocolate frosting just last week Friday, " she injects turning towards me.

"Just let me have this one" I throw a pillow at her as Louis walks in with the cake before placing it on the glass table.

"Thank you," I say grinning widely before moving myself to a sitting position" to thank you all for a wonderful birthday you may all join me in eating this wonderful dessert" I announce.

"I am not..." Damien starts but seeing the look on my face he laughs nervously before taking a bite.

"My birthday is coming up next so make sure to buy me a nice gift especially you Love, " Emma says seriously meeting everyone's gaze.

We continue the night chatting before going to bed.

Today I am happy because I get to spend my birthday with friends who care. Friends who are with me during hard times and also will be with me during good times.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up early today because of my appointment with Dr. Anna, after my morning routine I walk downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast.

"What are you doing?" I ask seeing Emma in the kitchen dishing out two plates of waffles before placing them on the kitchen table.

"I prepared breakfast, " she says taking a seat while I do the same.

"Thanks"

"What are your plans today?" She asks cutting a bite.

"I have an appointment with the doctor and after that, I am going shopping with mum Eliana"

"Okay, do you need a drive to the hospital " she offered.

"No, I am driving myself today, " I say before stuffing my mouth with waffles.

After eating Emma put our empty plate in the dishwasher " so were you able to tell Eliana your plans?" She asks cleaning the mess on the table.

I take a sip from the glass cup containing water before speaking" no not yet but after everything is out I will let her know of my decision, "

"Okay, that is a plan," she says nodding.

"You won't believe I met Blake Jackson at the bus stop on Saturday and he even gave me a lift to the park," I say

"Blake the class nerd?" She asks curiously.

"Yeah but he looks nothing like the way he was back then"

"Maybe I could track him down just to take a pic," she says thoughtfully.

I gave her a look " calm down I'm only joking but seriously I need to see his new transformation"

"What will you be doing all day?" I question changing the subject.

"I will just be inactive around the house " she shrugs " you don't need me to drop you off"

"No, I will be fine, " I say to her before leaving the house.

I reach the hospital in record time before entering into the hospital towards Dr. Anna's office.

After checking my weight and the weight of the baby she left the room to get the results from my last appointment.

I lay on the bed in the room for a few minutes before hearing someone walk in.

Thinking back I raised myself to a seating position before discovering it's someone I never expected to see again.

"What are you doing here ?," I asked sounding a bit harsh.

Sorry for the late update I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Don't forget to leave comments, questions, and thoughts on this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 318 58
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
50K 2K 52
You are never too perfect for anyone! 'Damn! Those rare shades of green with hazel brown near the pupil, Stone's eyes. She still has a tendency afte...
280K 6.7K 31
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...
1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...