The Modern World For Idiots...

By magicalmoose_03

{discontinued-ish} The god of Mischief is under house arrest on earth, the Winter Soldier has calmed down fro... More

Chapter 1. Lovely Day
Chapter 2. Under Pressure
Chapter 3. Dream on
Chapter 4. Take it or leave it
Chapter 5. A To-do List
Chapter 6. Let's get it started
Chapter 7. Let's go see the stars
Chapter 8. Put your head on my shoulder
Chapter 9. Welcome to New York
Chapter 10. Here I go again
Chapter 11. Wanna be startin' something
Chapter 12. Ain't That A Kick In The Head
Chapter 13. Sometime Remind Me to Tell You
Chapter 14. We had to end it
Chapter 15. Let's get Loud
Chapter 16. On the Floor
Chapter 17. Can't take that way from me
Chapter 18. Wonderful World
Chapter 19. It wasn't me
Chapter 20. Let Me Hold You
Chapter 21. The Less I Know the Better
Chapter 22. You'll never know
Chapter 23. Up On The Roof
Chapter 24. It Was A Good Day
Chapter 25. It's Not Unusual
Chapter 26. Make Me Like You
Chapter 27. Another Brick in the Wall
Chapter 28. Well... this is awkward
Chapter 29. Well this is a Perfect Excuse
Chapter 30. A Little Game of Hide and Seek
Chapter 31. A Wholly Ceiling
Chapter 32. This is Why
Chapter 33. Trick up the Sleeve
Chapter 34. Let Me Explain
Chapter 35. Just Some Attention
Chapter 36. A Little Bit of Advice
Chapter 37. Just A Bit Longer
Chapter 39. One for the Books
Chapter 40. If You Wanna Be Happy
Chapter 41. When You Were Gone
Chapter 42. Crashing the Party
A Pointless chapter by Yours Truely
Chapter 43. Bring down the house
Chapter 44. Just Checking Up
Chapter 45. A Bittersweet Goodbye
A message from the author to the reader

Chapter 38. A Memory Relived

2.3K 97 103
By magicalmoose_03

" Here we are." You said as you were pulling up into a parking spot.

The five boys stepped out of the car taking a goof look at the place

" What is this place?" Thor asked.

" I haven't been to this place in years." Steve's eyes were in wonder.

" I can't believe it still exist." Bucky added.

" What is it?"

" The best place in the world." Steve answered. " But second place is Disney World."

" You went to Disney World?" You asked.

Steve smiled. " Tony took us once. It was amazing, but doesn't remind me of the feeling of this place.

" Makes sense."

" What is this Disney World?" Loki asked.

" Oh right... we went before he came into the picture." Thor pointed at Loki.

" Hey?!"

Steve then turned to you." But why are we here, (y/n)?"

" Because you mentioned it once when we sharing stories, then you mentioned about your..." You chuckled. " accident after ride."

" Look Steve. They still have the Cyclone. " Bucky had the smile of a child high on sugar. " Remember this thing."

Steve sighed. " Yes, Buck. I remember... vividly."

The five of you walked up to the ticket booth to get ticket for the five of you to enjoy the amusement park. As you were in line, Steve and Bucky were looking at he prices there were on display.

"Thirteen dollars per person?!" Steve and Bucky said out loud.

You quickly hit them both in the arm. "Shhh."

' What?!" Steve complained. " Back in my day that was rent money and a weeks full of groceries... possibly."

" Welcome to the 21st century." You sighed.

" I don't like it that much." Bucky added.

" You and me both." You agreed.

After a while of waiting in line, you finally reached to the ticket booth. Once you did you were up next to get the tickets, you were greeted with a handsome man around your age smiling once he saw your face. Even though he was nice to look at, but you did not the need to be flirty. Plus you were hanging out with good looking men already and also the guy in the ticket booth was giving you douche frat boy vibes.

" Hi, welcome to Coney Island." The guys smiled with a hint of a smirk. " What can I help you with?"

Well isn't he straight forward or I am just exaggeration. His smile is making me uncomfortable.

What you didn't noticed was the the boys behind you already getting suggestive vibes from the guy and kept an eye on him.

" Yes... I would like to purchase five adult tickets please." You replied.

" Ok, coming right up." He said. " That will be 67 dollars."

Thank goodness I did not spend that much money that Tony gave me.

" Here you go." He took the cash that you gave him, opened the cash register, and gave you the spare change.

I am just over reacting in this situation... he seems normal.

He then printed out the tickets for the five of you. Just as he was about to place the tickets in your hand.

" Hey...So from on a scale from 1 to America, How free are you on Saturday?" The guys smirked.

I stand corrected.

The boys heard his pick up line, but Loki and Thor were confused of the jester. Bucky, being the previous playboy back in the 30s and 40s, explained to them what a pick up line was. Once he finished explained the pick up line, You did not see there faces at the time, but they were not so happy.

You smiled as you looked at him directly in his eyes. " China."

His face fell instantly of you giving him total rejection, but you were not interested. You knew Steve would be proud of you of a reply like that. Which in fact he did hear and he was proud. You took the tickets from his hands.

" Thank you." You winked and walked away. " Come on, boys."

As you were walking away, Loki and Bucky made faces at the Guy, but Thor and Steve pulled them away.

Before Thor could pull Loki away, he turned towards the guy looking straight into eyes with a smirk. " Sucker."

Thor stuck out his tongue at the guy and then pulled Loki away to catch up to you. The boys caught up to you and you gave them there tickets.

" Keep those." You instructed them. " They are your entrance passes to this place."

" Why do these pieces of paper control our access to this place?" Loki snarked.

" I have no idea, but hold onto them."

" Ok."

" So... Which rides do we ride first?" Thor beamed in excitement.

Bucky turned towards Steve with a wide smile.

Steve sighed in defeat. " Do you guys want to go on the Cyclone?"

" I'm down." You answered.

" Aye." Thor added.

" Fine." Loki sighed.

" Yes." Bucky pumped his fist in the air. " To the Cyclone."

Bucky quickly started to jog over towards the line for the ride which just leaves the rest of you in the dust.

" He is really excited about this." Loki pointed out.

" Yes he is." Steve sighed " But I think he needs this... especially to help with is memories."

" Makes sense."

" Can we hurry up and catch up with Barnes? I can barely see him now." Thor stated.

" Fine... Let's go." the four of you were off to join Bucky in the line.

~~~~~~~

You and the boys were taking advantage of riding every single ride there at the amusement park. Thor loved every single ride not matter if it was extreme or if it was a kid's ride. Bucky was a bit of a daredevil when it came to rides. Steve was neutral when it came to the rides, sometimes he would would be daring and others times he would want to sit on the bench and hold your bag when you went on rides. Loki was forced onto the rides, Thor and Bucky would pull him to ride with them even though he did not want to most of the times, but secretly he like that they would bring him along.

You were thankful that the boys had there own money on them because you know you can not afford the amount of food Thor consumes is inhuman. Plus you would be bankrupt before even dropping them off at HQ.

" This is quite good?" Thor mumbled with his mouth full. " What is this called?"

" It's called a hot dog." Bucky answered.

Thor stopped chewing his food and looked down at the delicacy in his hands.

" But its not real dog that you are eating." You reassured Thor.

" Then why would they want to call it that?!" Thor exclaimed.

" I have no idea."

As the five of you were walking around the amusement park, there was a certain ride that immediately caught Thor's eye that made him light up like a Christmas tree.

" Is that the spinning tornado of horses?" Thor pointed.

" You mean the Carousel?" Steve answered.

" Yes. " Thor stated. " I wish to jaunt on the contraption."

" Just when I thought he was learning some modern slang." Bucky sighed.

" I heard that." Thor hissed.

" Shall we go then?" You interrupted.

" Yes please."

With that Thor was now the first one to rush over towards the ride first. It was adorable that a grown man or god is about to have the best time of his life on a ride that just goes around in circle and up and down.

Loki sighed." Why is he so childish?"

" You have known him longer so shouldn't you know this question?" Steve mentioned.

" I still have yet to find the answer."

" Hey Losers!" Bucky shouted. " You guys coming or what?"

" Coming."

All five of you quickly got in line for the ride with Thor's excitement that fueled the group. Thor and you were about to get in line while Steve and Loki were behind taking there time. Bucky was on his way to catch up to with you and Thor for the ride until he bumped into woman, in her late 40s or 50s, causing her to drop her belongings from her purse.

Bucky quickly knelt down to help the woman with her stuff. " I am so sorry, ma'am."

As Bucky was collecting her belongings back into her purse, the woman caught a quick glance of Bucky's metal arm peeking through his jacket and gloves.

" Stay back, you cyborg creep." She spat as she immediately yanked her belonging out of his hands.

Bucky was a bit confused and hurt at the same time on why she would saw such a thing. Then he looked down at his arm and noticed it was peeking through. He quickly pulled down his jacket so that way no one else can see his arm.

Suddenly a man about that same age as the woman, probably the husband, was besides the her within a blink of an eye. " What's the matter, Honey?"

She pointed towards Bucky. " I told you that Robots will take over?"

" Do you have a problem, Pal?" The man firmly stated.

" Um...I.. no I..." Bucky stuttered.

" Is there a problem here?" Steve interrupted the conversation.

Bucky took a sigh of relief.

" Yeah, this robot man harassed me and tried to steal my stuff." The woman spoke up.

Bucky gritted his teeth because he knew it wasn't true. Bucky took a step forward, but Steve stuck his hand out to prevent him from starting a fight.

" I beg your pardon?" Loki butted in.

" I said that..."

" There is no need to repeat yourself." Loki sassed. "I ignored your rant just fine the first time."

" Excuse me?" The woman said.

" You are excused."

" Are you always this rude?"

Loki chuckled. " Sorry... Sarcasm falls out of my mouth like stupidity falls out of yours."

" Hey wait a minute..." The man started to get a better look at Loki. " Aren't you Loki... the guy the destroyed New York?"

Loki sighed. " You know... after years that has happened I can't believe that is still relevant."

" Well..." Bucky began.

" Hush."

" Yeah..." The woman agreed. " Your that weird guy in antler helmet and poor fashion taste that was on a tantrum..."

Loki gritted his teeth a bit.

" If your mother mother were to see you know... she would be disappointed." She scoffed.

That struck a nerve. Bucky turned towards the Loki and noticed that his face was starting to boil like a teapot. He knew about the fact that Loki's mother was a bit of a sensitive topic for him and felt bad. Loki started to walk forward towards the woman about to wave his magic, but Bucky grabbed his wrist from preventing him on doing something dramatic.

" I beg your pardon." Thor stepped in towering over the couple. " Do you have an insulted my Brother... and brought up my deceased mother into this argument?"

" No.. I...It's just that... She said...." The man was now trying to put the blame on his wife now. Pathetic. The couple were now intimidated as they took a look at how muscular these men were now. specifically Thor.

" If you have an issue with them." You pointed towards Bucky and Loki. " Then you have an issue with me."

You, Thor, and Steve stood in front of Loki and Bucky to protect them and also prevent them to doing something they might regret. What you didn't see in the background was Bucky flipping them off with both of his hands just sticking them out for the couple to see them.

The couple gave you dirty looks, but they seem intimidated by the numbers they were against which caused them them to walk away.

The lady stared at you longer which in return you stick out your tongue. Childish, but a bit worth it.

" Thanks guys." Bucky was relieved.

" I hope my marriage doesn't end up like that." Steve commented.

" Same here." You agreed.

" Do you guys want to go to the spinning tornado of horses?" Thor tried to lighten the mood.

" Yes please."

The five you walked together to finally get in line for the carousel.

Loki then shifted towards Bucky. " Why did you stop me from obliterating those disgraceful excuse of human beings?"

" Well... I can agree that they are a part of the disgraceful part of the human race." Bucky agreed. " Plus I knew that talking about your mom is a sensitive subject to you."

Loki's face softened.

" And I didn't want us to be on the news for your stupidity that would make us end up in jail." Bucky scoffed. " And I am not going behind bars again."

" Look who's talking."

" I know...I believe in not hurting women at all, but thank goodness I also believe in gender equality  that woman was getting on my nerves " Bucky stated. " sadly there was too many witnesses."

" True."

After a while of waiting, it was finally time for the five of you to ride the carousel after a little while of waiting. Thor immediately ran towards a horse that we was eyeing for a while.

" I have never seen a grown man run so fast to a carousel." You stated.

Loki sighed." That's my brother."

" Let's just join him." Bucky said.

The four of you quickly walked over towards to where Thor was already sitting. Thor had the most biggest grin than the child you just walked passed by, but it was cute when Thor did it.

" You happy now?" Loki scoffed.

Thor laughed. " Very."

the four of you each got on a horse around Thor to join him in his excitement. The ride began to move causing Loki to panic due to PTSD from the previous rides, but he calmed down once he realized it was a calm ride that just goes around in circles. Bucky was having the same excitement as Thor with the ride to help cheer himself up. You and Steve were just sitting on the horses just to relax and enjoy the moment.

You knew that this place was to have them to just relax to de-stress themselves from the responsibilities of the world, but it was decent excuse to just hang out with them a bit longer.

Yet this won't last forever was the downside of it, but it was only 3:53pm so you still had some more time left. 

Hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 78 17
Loki comes to earth seeking redemption by himself. Of his own free will. But what happens when the Avengers find him helping old people across the bu...
270K 8.3K 33
Peter Parker was only young when his parents died. When he turned 7 he gets bitten by a spider, but not any normal spider... a radioactive spider. Th...
5.3K 497 28
Love is dangerous. One moment it may be light as a feather and beautiful as a sunrise, but the next it can prove to be the knife that stabs you in th...
9.9K 332 35
You were just a soldier enjoying your leave, alone in your cabin, up until five years ago when you were struck with a prophecy of a beast with one ey...