Tears Of Cinderella

By GenieRavago

Kings... Queens... Princes... Princesses... In the modern 21st century, monarchy only exists in various coun... More

Prologue: The Beginning
Chapter 1 - The Sinister Rogue Prince
Chapter 2 - The Royal Ball
Chapter 3 - The Runaway Cinderella
Chapter 4 - The Chevalier
Chapter 5 - Finding Cinderella
Chapter 6 - Finding Cinderella
Chapter 7 - Cinderella's Secret
Chapter 8 - The Bid of the Night
Chapter 9 - The First Date
Chapter 10 - Under the Stars
Chapter 11 - The Infamous Prince Tristan
Chapter 12 - The Flying Cinderella
Chapter 13 - Double Despair
Chapter 14 - Beautiful Trauma
Chapter 15 - Cinderella's Sweet Surrender
Chapter 16 - Contessa de Farmezza
Chapter 17 - The Royal Tragedy
Chapter 18 - The Teasing Game
Chapter 19 - The Royal Wedding
Chapter 20 - Tensions in the Palace
Chapter 21 - Mars Ultor
Chapter 22 - The Big Revelation
Chapter 23 - The Coldness of Asphodel
Chapter 24 - Sadness and Despair
Book 2: Chapter 25 - The Rogue Prince's Guilt
Chapter 26: Another Once Upon a Time...
Chapter 27 - Life goes on
Chapter 29 - Cinderella's Rebirth
Chapter 30 - The Offer
Chapter 31 - The Aftermath
Chapter 32 - Skeletons in the Closet
Chapter 33 - The Countess
Chapter 34 - Tears and Smiles
Chapter 35 - Together at Last
Chapter 36 - Shattered
Chapter 37 - The Aftermath
Chapter 38 - Royal Rumble
Chapter 39 - The Infamous Prince Tristan
Chapter 40 - The Final Trial
Epilogue - The Happy Ever After

Chapter 28 - The Winter Ball

10.5K 331 100
By GenieRavago

A smile formed on Steffanie's lips when she saw the approaching group of people. It was Valerie and her group. Napagpasyahan niyang sunduin ang mga ito sa airport, that's why here she was, cheerfully waving at them.

Agad naman siyang nakita ng mga ito. Valerie immediately greeted her with a hug.

"How's my favorite model?" tanong nito.

"Well, I am still hitting the runway. Nice to see you, Val."

"Ako rin. Masaya akong makita ka. It's just that, I wish Sofia was here," sabi nito na puno ng pag-aalinlangan.

"I tried to invite her. Lalo na nang malaman kong narito ka rin. But Art was actually not feeling well," she said.

Ang tinutukoy niya ay ang panganay na anak na lalaki ni Sofia. She named her little boy Arvin Rain Tristan, or Art for short.

"Naku! Ano bang nangyari sa inaanak nating yon?"

"He has a cold. At ang worry ni Sofie, baka lalong lumala kapag dadalhin niya dito Asphodel."

Valerie nodded in understanding.

Hinarap naman niya ang kasamang crew ni Valerie. Kilala niya ang mga ito. Her team of designers was the best of the best. Nakatrabaho na rin niya ito ng ilang beses.

"Hi Wallace!" ito ang tanging lalaking designer sa team nito. Apparently the man, though a little bit older than them, was a great tailor of men's clothes.

Ngumiti naman ito sa kanya pabalik.

She then proceeded in greeting the other designer. She had three other members in her team; Jenny, Aimee and Brienna. Nagbeso siya sa mga ito.

"How are you girls?" tanong niya.

"Magaganda pa rin kami," sagot ni Aimee.

"Pero mas maganda ka pa rin Miss Steff," sabat naman ni Jenny.

"Ay naku, tigilan niyo nga si Miss Steff, Kami lang dalawa ang maganda dito," singit ni Brienna.

"Eh paano naman ako? So kayo lang ang maganda?" pabirong sabi ni Valerie.

"Siyempre kasama si boss. Kaming tatlo lamang ang magaganda. Ayos ba boss?" bawi naman ni Brienna.

Valerie gave a thumbs up.

"Takot ko lang mawalang ng trabaho," pahabol pa nito.

She laughed at their antics. Hindi pa rin talaga nagbabago ang mga ito. They were still as lively as ever.

Kasalukuyan na silang nag-aabang ng mga bagahe nito sa conveyor belt nang inaya siya ni Val na magmerienda sa isang malapit na café. Pinaunlakan naman niya ito.

"So how are you?" seryosong tanong nito.

"I am fine, Val. Bakit mo naman naitanong?"

Bumuntong hininga muna ito.

"I am a little bit worried for you noong malaman kong dito sa Asphodel gaganapin ang Winter Fashion Week. I know you'll be here and I know he'll be here as well."

Alam na niya kung sino ang tinutukoy nito. Kung may taong nakakaalam ng mga pinagdaanan niya, si Valerie iyon. Ito ang tumulong sa kanya noong gabing iyon. Kitang-kita nito ang kalunos-lunos na pinagdaanan niya habang nakahandusay siya sa basing kalye.

She held the hand of her friend. Alam niyang tunay itong nag-aalala ito para sa kanya.

"I know that Val. Noong una'y natakot din ako. But I cannot runaway forever. Sooner or later magtatagpo at magtatagpo ang landas naming. Why delay it?" she said to her.

"So how are you?"

Isang tipid na ngiti ang binigay niya rito. She took a sip of her coffee before she answered her.

"I am fine. As of now, wala pa namang nangyayaring hindi maganda. Hindi pa naman kami nagkikita."

"Tama lang yan, Steff. You are a strong woman now. Don't let the memories of yesterday ruin your future."

Tama si Valerie. Hindi dapat niya hayaang hadlangan siya ng multo ng kahapon. She had to completely let go. Because despite everything, what she and Gareth had, it was beautiful. Hindi niya maitatanggi iyon. Sa katanuyan, the small of time that she was with him was the happiest moment of her life. He taught her the true meaning of freedom. He taught her how to love. And she loved him truly. Kylie Margareth was the living proof of how much she loved him. But they were not just meant to be.  

"Baka ito na rin ang pagkakataon mo para magkaroon kayo ng closure."

Napaisip siya sa sinabi nito. Baka nga ito na ang tamang panahon to completely let go of everything. Baka ito na nga ang tamang panahon para magkausap sila ni Gareth. She could honestly say that her anger to him had subsided. Five years was a long time. At sa loob ng ilang taon na yon, she had learned to completely put things in the past. Siguro ganoon din ito.

"We never know Val. Malay mo nga. This is the right time for apologies and reconciliation."

May kakaibang ngiti ang sumungaw sa kanyang mga labi.

Agad naman siyang nabatukan ng kaibigan.

"Ouch!" she complained.

"What was that smile for?"

"What smile?"

"Stop it, Steff. Ang sabi ko, baka ito na ang panahon for you to move on. Hindi ko sinabing magpakamartyr ka naman sa lalaking iyon."

"I actually never thought about that. Para sa akin, Gareth was already a thing in the past. He does not belong in my future anymore," she said.

May pagdududa siyang tiningnan ng kaibigan. She understood her worry because even she could not find the truth in her words. It hurt her heart like hell.

Ibinalik niya ang tingin dito. There was still the worry in her eyes. Doon na lang niya napansin ang crew nito habang kumakaway sa kanila.

"I think, we're good to go," turan niya sa mga ito.

Sabay silang tumayo ng kaibigan.

"Are you going to the Winter's Ball?" tanong niya.

"Oo naman. Masaya kaya doon."

"Well, I just wonder. Can I go with you? Gusto ko rin kasing maexperience iyon. It's my first time," nahihiya niyang sabi dito.

"Seriously? The Winter's Ball is like one of the most exciting event in the whole kingdom. Dinadayo nga ito dito."

"Well, alam mo naman ako. I never got to parties unless work related."

Tuamango-tango lamang ito.

"Sure. Ako bahala sa iyo."

"Can I borrow one of your beautiful dresses for me?"

"Ah, ganun. May ulterior motive ka pala."

Nginitian niya lamang ito saka napuno ng halakhakan nila ang paligid.

Gareth was surprised to see both Ares and Tristan. Si Tristan lamang kasi ang inaasahan niyang darating.

"How're you, bro?" bati ni Tristan.

He gave him a wry smile. "Still alive and kicking bro."

"Buti ka pa ganyan? Eh, ang isang ito, kanina pang mainit ang ulo."

Ang tinutukoy nito ay si Ares. And true to his word, mukhang wala sa mood ang kapatid.

"Hey, Prince Ares, loosen up. Don't think about it. Mamaya na ang trabaho."

Hindi pa rin niya makuha ang dahilan ng pagmamarakulyo ni Ares.

He gave Tristan a piercing look before he walked out.

"Anong problema nun?" tanong niya.

Inakbayan siya nito. "Masyado ka kasing nagkukulong dito sa lungga mo. Hindi mo na tuloy nalalaman ang mga bali-balita sa Camelot."

"I am not a gossip mongrel Tristan."

"Ganito kasi iyan, bro. Our big brother here became the laughing stock in the police."

Kumunot ang noo niya.

"Dalawang beses na kasi siyang nalusutan ng isang magnanakaw. And you very well know how our big brother takes his work seriously. Kaya ayun nandito sumama sa akin, may banta raw kasi yung magnanakaw na may kukuning painting sa isa sa mga maharlika dito."

Lalo lamang siyang naguluhan. "You mean, a thief will go here?"

"Huwag mo nang alalahanin iyon. It is the least of your concerns. Hayaan mo nang si Ares ang bahalang trumabaho diyan."

He just remained quiet. How could he not worry? A high-profile thief was on the move on Asphodel. He needed to warn the mayors to prepare the districts.

"Ang mahalaga ngayon ay makapag-usap tayo."

Kanina pang nakikinig si Gareth kay Tristan. They were inside his office along with Ares and his brother was now giving him a quick run-down of Tristan's assignment to Asphodel.

"Our Black Ops has carefully watched the movement of the Fei Long Empire. Our spies from over there have informed us of the impending attacks," Tristan explained.

"But I thought there was a treaty signed." He said.

"The previous emperor Xiamen Feilong died. A new emperor has been crowned."

"And what has got to do with this?" he inquired.

"You see here, brother. The emperor was actually assassinated. And the new emperor put the blame on us," Tristan casually answered.

"But did we?" he eyed both of his brothers.

"That, I do not know also."

Namayani ang katahimikan sa buong silid.

"Ang tagal nating 'di nagkita, let's have drink while we chat."

Tristan poured a whisky on their three glasses.

"So what are your plans here?" tanong niya.

"I'll reinforce your military here. May mga nais siguruhin si Halaena. We will also be conducting some war debriefing, just in case a war ignited. At least all of your citizens will come prepared."

"And while I am here, I'll also strengthen your Air force. You are actually at an advantage here. The Arctic ocean's current is so strong, not even a warship could withstand it. The only way for infiltration is airways. Ako na ang bahala sa mga sundalo mo rito."

And he believed him for that. Tristan was now a three-star ranked officer in the Air Force.

"And we're suppose to trust you, Flight Lieutenant Tristan Pendragon?" sa wakas at nagsalita na rin si Ares. There was a glint of humor in his eyes as he said it.

"Fuck you, bro. I'm an Air Marshall now. Not some Flight Lieutenant."

Napatawa siya sa reaksyon nito.

"So much for that. Guess Halaena's taking things more seriously. Napag-iwanan ka na," he said.

Sa halip na mainis ay natawa na lamang ito. "Don't compare with her. She's a monster. She takes her job seriously. Wala na ngang day off yata iyon."

"Being the Chief-of-Staff for the Joint Forces had really taken a toll on her social life," Ares agreed.

"I bet she's still a virgin," singit naman ni Tristan.

"If she heard us talking like this about her, I bet she'll cut our tongue out with her sword."

Sabay-sabay silang naghalakhakan. They always had the habit of bullying Halaena. And you know what they said, old habits die hard. It was like the old times again. Back when he really thought of everyone as his family.

Bumaling siya kay Ares, "So what about this thief of yours?"

Nagtagis ang bagang nito. "He's my charge."

"Then so be it, just make sure none of my people here will be affected by all of your operations. Bahala ka na," he said.

"Naks, maka-my people ka. Sounded so wrong. I think you've really grown brother," Tristan teased him.

Seemed like boys will truly be boys.

 Excited na si Steff para sa gaganaping Winter Ball. According to what she had read from internet articles and blogs, the Winter Ball will signal the start of the Winter Solstice Festival. Many people will gather from all over the kingdom just to attend the ball. But the thing was, piling mga tao lamang ang pupunta dito. That night will serve as an opening ceremony wherein the highlight will be the appearance of the last Aurora Borealis of the year. Magkakaroon ng malawak na kasiyahan doon; food buffets, entertainment, dancing, merrymaking, etc.

Obviously, mukhang yung food buffet lamang ang ma-eenjoy nya doon. But still, kahit papaano, gusto pa rin niyang maramdaman ang ambiance ng pagtitipon. She wanted to know what the fuss was all about.

The Winter Solstice Festival will be a month long celebration of a good year for the people of Asphodel. May mga events na nakahanda para lang dito. Mukhang masisiyahan siya sa stay niya sa Aphodel. Sa susunod na linggo pa kasi magsisimula ang Winter Fashion Week. Aside from other side jobs, she practically has many free time.

 Kagaya na lang ngayon. She was having a 'me' time in Bifrost, Asphodel's capital city. Gusto lang niyang maglakad-lakad para makita ang paligid. But her celebrity status prevented her from fully exploring the city, many people were always hounding her wherever she went. So the safest place for her to unwind was inside a high-end café.

 So here she was, enjoying a slice of blueberry cheesecake while sipping a hot espresso.

"Would milady allow her humble servant to sit with her?"

Nagulat siya sa rito. She was completely drowned in her thoughts that she didn't notice the presence of the man. She was about to decline his request until she noticed who the man was.

"Prince Tristan?" she said in recognition. Medyo naguluhan pa siya ng kaunti. She was not sure if it was really him. Nakasuot kasi ito ng cap at isang shades.

"Right in the flesh, I am glad you still remembered me."

Tatayo dapat siya upang magbigay-pugay pero pinigilan siya nito.

"I'm in disguise right now, angel. So there's no need. Don't want to attract any attention."

She remained seated.

"So, may I?" turan nito sa bakanteng upuang nasa tabi niya.

She hesitated a little bit. A memory from the past suddenly haunted her. But she immediately shoved it away.

"Be my guest, your highness," she said.

 Umupo na ito saka nilapag sa mesita ang dalang Mocha Frappucino.

"So, what's a beautiful lady doing here all alone?" tanong nito.

 "Nagpapalipas lang ako ng oras, your highness," she said.

"Haven't I told that I am in disguise? Call me Tristan, instead."

Once again, de javu struck her.

Huminga lang muna siya ng malalim. It was not healthy for her to have those thoughts right now.

"What's the matter?" tanong nito.

"I just suddenly recalled a very bad memory, your highness." Memory of your brother.

She then took a sip to her coffee.

"What will I do for you just to call me Tristan?" he said while he sheepishly smiled.

Gareth's younger brother was such a ladies' man. His wits and humor had indeed won the hearts of many women.

"Alright then, Tristan."

"That's better."

"So how're you, Miss Steff?"

"I am quite surprise that you still remember me."

"How can I forget a face like yours, angel? You are practically all over the kingdom. Walang magazine na hindi kita nakikita. And every time I watch television, you are always on." He proudly said.

Napangiti naman siya sa exaggeration nito.

"But seriously, hindi pa naman ako ulyanin para kalimutan ka. Especially five years ago when I handed you off to my brother. It was the hardest thing to do." Dire-diretso lamang ito.

Muling may lumukob na kakaibang pait sa kanyang puso. She didn't know why. Maybe it was the mention of Gareth's name. Or maybe it was Tristan's presence. But the memory of the past kept replaying in her mind.

"Ohh... I'm sorry. So that's the bad memory," he apologized. She was glad he was able to read between the lines.

Namayani ang kaunting katahimikan sa pagitan nilang dalawa.

"Are you going to the Winter Ball? I heard you're invited."

Isang tipid na ngiti ang binigay niya dito saka tumango.

"Do you already have a date?" tanong nito na nagpabigla sa kanya. Sanay na siya sa mga advances ng opposite sex sa kanya. In the past years, marami nang nagtangkang ligawan siya but she just politely rejected them.

"I am going to my designer friend, Valerie."

Namilog ang mga nito. "Ahh... I didn't know that you swing that way."

Nakunot ang noo niya. Anong ibig sabihin nito?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that your lesbian."

It was her time to be shock. What!? She?! A lesbian?

"I beg your pardon? It's not what you think."

"It's not? Then why are you going with a girl?"

Lalo lamang siyang nalito. "Is there something wrong going out with a friend?"

"It's a ball, miss Steff. A ball. Every woman should have a date. And that date should be of the opposite sex. Unless nga, you swing that way."

Hindi siya makapaniwala sa sinasabi nito. She was still horrified that he thought that she wasn't straight.

"So, dating nab a kayo ni Valerie?" he teased.

"No!"

"Then be my date that night. That way, hindi ka magmumukhang, you know."

Huminga siya ng malalim. Did people really thought of her that way?

"Fine. I'll go with you."

He saw a victorious smile on his face. It was the only time that she realized that she had been played. Nauto siya.

Sa halip na mainis ay natawa na lamang siya.

"Tristan... Tristan... You are such a cheater."

Nagkibit balikat na lang ito.

"So I've been told."

Umikot-ikot si Steffanie sa harap ng salamin. Tonight was the Winter's Ball and she was trying on the different dresses that Valerie lent her.

Tinawagan na rin niya ang kaibigan kanina to say that she had a date tonight. Naalala pa niya ang namagitang usapan sa kanila.

"Val, I'm afraid I will not be able to go with you tonight sa Winter's Ball. I have a date," nakokosensya niyang sinabi dito.

"That's okay. Isa pa, parang it will look very awkward If two beautiful chicks went together. Mamaya mapagkamalan pa tayong may something..." narinig niya ang tawa nito mula sa kabilang linya.

She immediately thought of what Prince Tristan said. Mukhang may punto nga talaga ang lalaki.

"Thanks Val."

"No worries. But who's the lucky guy?" tanong nito.

"You'll see tonight."

Ayaw niya talagang sabihin dito na si Prince Tristan ang kadate niya. She knew that she'll just worry for her.

"Woah... mukhang bigatin yan ah. By the way, I'll send the dresses in to your hotel room later. Just chose from among them."

"Sure."

She needed to look fabulous tonight. Muli niyang inisa-isa ang mga damit sa harapan.

Apparently, Tristan informed her that Gareth will be there also. She suddenly felt like skipping through the event. But a part of her really wanted to meet him. For closure.

Ayaw naman niyang magmukha siyang kawawa sa reunion nila ng ama ng anak niya. She was not a supermodel for nothing.

So she chose the beige strapless, one piece, A –line gown. It has a dipped neckline that showed her sinewy white neck and shoulders. It was also tailored with corset closure that beautifully fitted the contours of her body.

Her hair, on the other hand, was free-flowing with large curls. Isinuot na rin niya ang kanyang contact lenses. Gabi kasi at hindi naman babagay sa damit na suot ang kanyang salamin. She chose a clear contacts. That way, the beauty of her icy-blue eyes will still be highlighted.

Tiningnan niya ang sarili sa salamin. She looked beautiful alright, ngunit parang may kulang. The ensemble was not yet complete. Agad naman siyang may naisip. Since this will be a night of reconciliation – hopefully. She decided to wear the whole set of Sirius gem.

Agad niya itong kinuha mula sa kanyang jewelry box. The glistening diamond looked perfect on her. Now, her look was complete. She's ready to hit the red carpet.

 Steffanie had the pleasure of seeing Tristan's jaw drop at the sight of her.

"You looked gorgeous. No wait. You're really an agel," papuri nito sa kanya.

Tristan looked divine as well. His Air Force uniform had given him a more edgy look. He was wearing three-button dark blue coat with matching trousers. A silver mirror finish Pendragon pin was also visible on his lapels. Underneath it was a three-star pin with some miniature awarded medals. He also had his specialty insignia on his left breast while the command insignia was on his right. As a commissioned officer, he also wore a hard shoulder boards with three stars on it.

"I see that my date tonight will not only be Prince Tristan Pendragon, but also Air Marshall Pendragon as well," she said in amusement.

"I guess I am, famous huh?"

"I read a lot too. Bida ka sa ibang mga blogs."

"Whoah, I'm quite amazed. You actually read those shits?"

She was slightly shocked at his cussing. Parang hindi kasi bagay sa suot nito.

"Shall we?" yaya nito sa kanyang.

They both went together inside the venue. Naka-abrisiete siya rito.

As soon as they hit the red carpet, camera bulbs immediately blinded her.

"Who're you wearing Steff?" sigaw ng isang paparazzo.

"I am wearing a Valerie Imporio," she said.

"What about you, your highness? Who are you wearing?"

Bumulong ito sa kanya. "What does he mean by that?"

Muntik na siyang matawa sa sinabi nito. He really was clueless.

"He is asking the designer of your suit."

He nodded in understanding.

"Ah... My suit was designed by some people in the Air Force whom I really don't know. So thank you stranger for designing this for me." Kumindat pa ito sa camera.

Grabe talaga ang humor ng binata. He was a natural charmer.

Paggkapasok na pagkapasok pa lang nila, Steffanie was immediately at awe of the place. Napakalawak nito at napakaraming tao. Everything was designed in white; form the draperies up until the chairs and tables. The place was also filled with ice sculptures that vary in sizes. It was indeed a winter wonderland. A perfect place for a ball.

Mabilis lang ang opening program. The mayor just gave a key-note address and that was it. Wala ng kung ano-ano pang hirit.

The spirit of the festivity remained true to itself. Walang kung ano-anong political propaganda, no featuring of famous individuals, it's just full of merriment for the guests.

Kasalukuyang nagkukwentuhan sila ni Tristan nang dumating na ang sadaling kinatatakutan niya. A group of men suddenly approached them. Among those, two stood out the most, it was Prince Ares and of course, Prince Gareth. She also noticed Sir Clarence from the group, Gareth's chevalier.

"Hey, bakit ngayon ka lang naming nakita. Where have you been Tristan?" asked Ares.

"I am actually busy interacting with this beautiful angel," turan ni Tristan sa kanya.

Nagbigay-pugay naman siya sa mga ito. She tried to remain calm and composed. But her insides were already in panic mode.

Inakala niyang makakaya na niyang makaharap nang muli si Gareth. But she was wrong. The close proximity between them did not do her any good. She was already in a catatonic state.

"Nice to finally meet the supermodel," Ares said.

"Thank you, your highness. It's a pleasure meeting you as well," she bowed once more in courtesy.

"Long time no see, Steff."

That voice came crashing down on her system. She could feel the hate and animosity in his every word. Muling nanginig ang kanyang mga tuhod. Her heart was beating fast, but it was not in a good way. She needed to get away as much as possible. Inakala niyang kaya na niyang pakitunguhang muli Gareth. But she just can't.

Narinig niya ang pagdaloy ng musika sa paligid. She looked at the dance floor. She immediately thought of something.

"If you'll excuse us, your highness. Can I just ask Prince Tristan to be true to his word? He said that he'll dance with. May we?"

She led him to the dance floor.

"That bad, huh."

Nakikiusap niyang tinitigan ito. She didn't want to speak. She just wanted a friend right now.

"Sometimes angel, silence meant more than a thousand words."

Agad siyang sinayaw nito. She followed the rhythm of the music as they sway to the sad melody of the song.

"You're good at dancing, angel."

"I've been practicing," she finally got the words from her mouth.

She saw relief on his face. Hindi na niya namalayang tapos na pala ang awitin. She honestly had fun with Trisstan.

"Another round?" yaya nito.

"Sure."

They were about to continue their waltz when Tristan whispered something in her ear.

"Be prepared, angel. A bad memory is coming."

Agad naman siyang lumingon. And true enough, a bad memory was indeed coming at them in full force. She could see the anger in his eyes. Muli na namang bumalik ang kakaibang tibok ng kanyang puso.

"May I have a dance with the lady, my brother?" Gareth said to his brother.

"It's the ladies choice, brother, and not mine?"

Hinarap nito siya. "Would you care to merit me a dance, my lady?" he courteously said. But she knew it was only an act. She saw through it.

But despite knowing this, despite having an internal turmoil, despite feeling crestfallen, she reached for his hand. And that was one of the most stupid thing she did that night.

Iniwan na sila na Tristan sa dancefloor. It was just her and him. They booth looked in each other's eyes.

The years had been good to him. He looked dashing and gorgeous. She had no words to describe him. Everything that she could think off would not do justice for this man.

But the fire in his eyes was undeniable. She could see his anger.

They just remained unmoving. They were inside their own world, frozen in their own time.

Hindi na niya maipaliwanag ang nadarama. She was happy yet worried at the same time.

Then all of a sudden, his lips descended on hers. She caught her breath in shock.

But the sensation it brought was undeniable. She missed his kisses. She missed his touch. She missed everything about this man that she once loved.

His lips began to move against her. It was so tender, so passionate. She was suddenly lost in her thoughts. Nagpadala na siya sa agos ng kanyang damdamin.

Unti-unti na silang naghiwalay. She saw vulnerability in his eyes but it was gone in an instant.

"So I see that you have not yet given up your dream to become a princess. Ngayon, si Tristan naman."

His words brought her to reality. Para siyang binuhusan ng malamig na tubig.

"What did you just said?"

"Hindi ka pa rin nagbabago. You are still a whore. This time, you are just wrapped on expensive clothing. But you're still the same slut I knew."

His stare was boring into her soul.

Immediately, memories of the past invaded her in perfect clarity.

"So tell me. Humor me. If I were to bed you right now, how much would it cost me?"

His words hurt like a dagger. Her heart was completely torn to pieces. Nananakit na ang kanyang dibdib sa sobrang sakit na nararamdaman.

Parausan ka lang sa kanyang kama...

That night that she saw him with those women. That night when she threw her out of her own own. That night when he disowned her unborn child. That night when she was stripped of everything she had.

Unti-unting nagbalik ang galit na akala niyang matagal na niyang nalimot.

Lumipad ang kamay niya sa pisngi nito. She felt her hand numb because of the impact.

"This was long overdue. I should have done that five years ago," she said each word in conviction.

And with everything that she had, muli naman niyang pinalipad ang kanyang kamay patungo sa kabilang pisngi nito.

"That is for insulting me right now."

Nagbabaga na ang galit sa kanyang puso.

"Don't ever come near me again."

Gareth was still dumbfounded at what she just did. This was her opportunity to get away in one piece, habang hindi pa tumutulo ang kanyang mga luha sa sakit na nadarama.

She held her chin up and walked away. She had changed. The previous Steff was dead. He killed her during that night. She was now a new person. And the Steff right now, knew how to avenge herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 54.2K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...