Glee: To the Next Level (the...

By arias3

With all of its original members gone, the glee club must struggle to survive at McKinley High School. Having... More

To The Next Level [Glee FanFic #2]
Chapter 1: Excited
Chapter 2: Trio
Chapter 3: Britney x3
Chapter 4: Rite of Passage
Chapter 5: Payback's a Bree
Chapter 6: Hot N' Cold
Chapter 7: Awkward
Chapter 8: Complicated
Chapter 9: Over
Not a Chapter-- QUESTION TIME ^_^
Chapter 10: Legacy
Chapter 11: Adams-Wilde vs Hart-Brown
Chapter 12: Misunderstandings
Chapter 13: The End of the Beginning
Chapter 14: The Fall Musical
Chapter 15: War for a Role
Chapter 16: Resurface
Chapter 17: Never Set Me Free
Chapter 18: Halloween Bash
Chapter 19: Burning Up
Chapter 20: Hairspray
Chapter 21: Friend or Foe
Chapter 22: Revelations
Chapter 23: Duets and Vulnerabilities
Chapter 24: Birthday
Chapter 25: Replacement
Chapter 26: Competition
Chapter 27: Generosity
Chapter 28: Feliz Navidad and a Happy New Year
Chapter 29: Eye of the Tiger
Chapter 30: The Creative Process
Chapter 31: Film Do-It's
Chapter 32: Guilty Pleasures
Chapter 33: New Information
Chapter 34: Right Where You Want Me
Chapter 35: Before You Go
Chapter 36: King of Laziness
Chapter 37: That 70s Show
Chapter 38: Decades Dance
Chapter 39: The Next Forty Minutes
Chapter 40: Valentine Grams
Chapter 41: A Time for Love
Chapter 42: Addicted to Love
Chapter 43: Project Popularity
Chapter 44: The Girls' Demands
Chapter 45: One End and Two Beginnings
Chapter 46: Sorting Hat
Chapter 47: One Week
Chapter 48: The Girlfriend
Chapter 49: The Show
Chapter 50: Finale
Chapter 51: New Girl
Chapter 52: Cheerleaders and Angels
Chapter 53: Regionals
Chapter 54: Denial
Chapter 55: Anger
Chapter 56: Fed Up
Chapter 57: Bargaining
Chapter 58: Back to the Beginning
Chapter 59: Poor Unfortunate Souls
Chapter 60: Boys Will Be Boys
Chapter 61: The Full Killing Machine
Chapter 62: Picnic
Chapter 63: Looking For Salvation
Chapter 64: Wonderland
Chapter 65: Downward
Chapter 66: Getting Involved
Chapter 67: Depression
Chapter 68: Change
Chapter 69: Before Prom
Chapter 70: Prom
Chapter 71: After Prom
Chapter 72: The Drinking Game
Chapter 73: No Habla EspaƱol
Not a Chapter-- READERS' CHOICE ^_^
Chapter 74: The Super Secret of the Super Devious Super Girl
Chapter 75: Know Your Enemy
Chapter 76: Whatever Comes Next
Chapter 77: The Only Way is Up
Chapter 78: Crazy
Chapter 79: Harlie
Chapter 81: Athens of the South
Chapter 82: Fly Away
Chapter 83: Superlatives
Chapter 84: One, Two, Three
Chapter 85: Graduation
Character Contest

Chapter 80: Late Night Bonding

1.8K 52 13
By arias3

"You think we'll win tomorrow?" asked Ryder, his fourth attempt at starting a conversation with John.

"Don't know," John responded, as he had to the last three questions Ryder had asked. 

"So, uh, what do you plan on doing after you graduate?" he asked then.

"Don't know," John mumbled, looking down at his phone screen.

"What's your name?" Ryder asked.

"Don't know..." John said, obviously not even paying attention anymore.

"Do you know anything?" Ryder asked, sighing.

"I know I'm going to kick your ass if you don't leave me alone," John said. 

Ryder sighed. "Fine," he said. "Whatever then."

John suddenly started laughing, though it didn't take long for Ryder to realize that it was at something someone on the other end of his texting had said and not anything to do with him.

"Texting Marley?" Ryder asked.

John looked up for the first time since they'd been in the room and said, "None of your business."

"I'll take that as a yes," Ryder responded. "Listen man... Marley's kind of like my best friend and I'm totally over her. So if you're into her you can tell me. I won't, like, get mad or anything..."

John rolled his eyes. "You are such a girl..." he muttered.

"Just saying," Ryder went on. "If you were into her... It could be fun... Double dates with me and Julie..."

"Sounds awful," John said, turning his attention back to his phone. "Why do you even care? Scared if I don't like Marley I'll fall in love with Julie? I mean, it would make sense after our night of passionate whatever."

Ryder frowned. "Ok, we can quit talking about this," he said.

"That's what I thought..." John muttered. "Now that we're there though... You should know that she was pretty freaked out."

"I would be, too, if I woke up naked next to someone else," Ryder nodded.

"No, not just that," John shook his head. "I mean, yeah, that too. But also because of you."

"Me?" asked Ryder. "What do I have to do with it? She had to know I wouldn't have, like, dumped her or blamed her or anything."

"Sure," John said. "But she really treasures her virginity-- and by the way I feel completely weird and grossed out talking about this... But, uh, she gave me the impression that she wants her first time to be with you."

Ryder was silent for a second; this thought had never crossed his mind. Sure, he thought about it-- he was a guy, how could he not? But he never expected her to want that from him, at least not while on her meds and without clouded thinking. 

"Why are you telling me this?" Ryder said finally.

"So you won't screw it up," John shrugged. "She's the real deal, dude. You can't hurt a girl like that."

"Is that why you don't like Jake?" Ryder asked him. "Because he hurt Marley?"

"Are we seriously back to the Marley thing?" John sighed. "Ok, yes, what he did to her pissed me off and continues to do so. It's one of many reasons I'd never want him to date Julie."

Ryder cringed. "Yeah, that's my main reason, too," he sighed. "Even more so than the fact that I'm dating her."

"Great," John said as if things were extremely simple. "Then you have one job. Don't screw it up."

***

"I think this is the first time we've been alone together," Kitty said, painting her nails as Amity sat on her bed with a book in front of her. "Isn't that weird? I mean, we're both in glee club and in the God Squad."

"But I'm a quiet, shy girl and you're a cheerleader," Amity said softly. "It's really not that weird when you see it that way, don't you think?"

Kitty looked up with a frown. "You're angry," she declared, nodding. "You're mad because of what the Cheerios have done to Julie and to Shana and you think I'm to blame."

Amity shook her head. "Not you," she said. "At least not directly. Though, if I'm being honest here, I do think you could've done something to stop it."

"I lost my Cheerio power the moment I befriended Marley and started dating Artie," Kitty scoffed. "You didn't really know him but--"

"--but he's in a wheelchair and was kind of a nerd," Amity nodded. "Yeah, I've met him. And you know what, I don't see how there's anything wrong with that? Had it been Julie who dated him, all the popular girls would've thought it was trendy to date a sweet, kind boy like him. But you made it into something to be ashamed of."

"No, Bree--" Kitty began defending herself.

"You had so much power," Amity shook her head disapprovingly. "So much influence. You could've made McKinley a great place for those of us who sometimes don't feel safe in our own skin. But instead you made it hell. I'm glad by the time I came around Julie had already toned things down. But now, I'm scared. Thanks to you and Bree."

"Why are you scared?" Kitty asked suddenly.

Amity turned to look at her as though it was obvious. "You let Carrie take charge," Amity said. "I've heard things about what it was like to be in glee club before any popular kids joined. Being tossed in dumpsters, locked in portapotties... A slushie facial on a regular basis. Unless Carrie softens up to the glee club... Next year is going to be awful."

"It won't be that bad," Kitty tried to reassure her.

"For you," Amity said. "You're a cheerleader. You can stay on the inside. But the rest of us? The glee club? The God Squad? AV club, drama club... What about the rest of us who aren't athletes or super gorgeous girls in skirts all day?"

"Ok," said Kitty finally. "I hear you. So I guess this means I'll have to find a way to either get someone more qualified back on the throne or make Carrie a more qualified leader. This should be fun..."

***

"You suck," said Alex as he got under the covers.

"Back at ya," Dan muttered, pulling a pillow over his face in case Alex said anything else.

Alex turned off the lights and that was it for their bonding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 843 24
"What's up, blogosphere? Jacob Ben Israel here, back on the street with an exclusive look at McKinley's newest celebrities, the New Directions!" Emil...
36.8K 568 20
Lizzie Jonas is part of McKinley High's New Directions. She has a blast, even though her two older brothers Nick and Joe bully and tease her about it...
5.1K 61 47
Based on Season 2 of Glee... After a tough loss at Regionals, the Glee Club is back as the underdogs of McKinley High. When the school is faced with...
45.5K 738 32
*Rachel and Quinn have always hated each other,but have you ever thought why? Rachel Barbra Berry has two dads, lives in Lima, Ohio, and goes to Will...