Malum {Undergoing Major Editi...

By Lxrxib

{Blue Rose Awards Thrid Place Winner March 2019} Eighteen-year-old Maia has lived a rough life full of hardsh... More

Authors Note
Chapter One: The Meeting.
Chapter Two: The Origin.
Chapter Three: The Reason.
Chapter Four: The Past.
Chapter Five: The Road trip.
Chapter Six: The Man.
Chapter Seven: The Warning.
Chapter Eight: The Reading.
Chapter Nine: The Woman.
Chapter Ten: The Truth.
Chapter Eleven: The Charm.
Chapter Twelve: The Idea.
Chapter Thirteen: The Search.
Chapter Foreteen: The Chalice.
Chapter Sixteen: The Hike.
Chapter Seventeen: The Virtues.
Authors Note
Chapter Eighteen: The Want.
Chapter Nineteen: The River.
Chapter Twenty: The Vision.
Chapter Twenty-one: The Group.
Chapter Twenty-two: The Hell.
Chapter Twenty-three: The King.
Chapter Twenty-four: The Room.
Chapter Twenty-five: The Meaning.
Chapter Twenty-six: The Feelings.
Chapter Twenty-seven: The Return.
Chapter Twenty-eight: The End?
Chapter Twenty-nine: The Question.
Chapter Thirty: The Reappearance.
Chapter Thirty-one: The Person.
Chapter Thirty-two: The Back-story.
Chapter Thirty-three: The Agreement.
Chapter Thirty-four: The Act.
Chapter Thirty-five: The Training.
Chapter Thirty-six: The Library.
Chapter Thirty-seven: The Information.
Chapter Thirty-eight: The Probus.
Chapter Thirty-nine: The Light.
Chapter Forty: The Preparation.
Chapter Forty-one: The Power.
Chapter Forty-two: The War
Chapter Forty-three: The Tragedy.
Chapter Forty-four: The Death.
Chapter Forty-five: The Resolution.
Chapter Forty-six: The Funeral.
Chapter Forty-seven: The Solution.
Chapter Forty-eight: The Stars.
Chapter Forty-nine: The Ceremony.
Chapter Fifty: The Love.
Chapter Fifty-one: The Conclusion.
Final Authors Note
Announcement

Chapter Fifteen: The Dream.

71 25 16
By Lxrxib

Wrath...

I suddenly jolted awake, panting hard, forcing the air into my lungs. My brain ached as if someone pushed this memory in my head. A small part of my head throbbed, causing immense pain in my head. I checked the time, it was only two in the morning. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Wrath being tortured, so I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. I got my computer and opened a familiar file and I began to type.

Hey Mum,

It's Maia, again...I miss you like crazy right now. I don't know why I'm writing to you but I feel like you are the only person I have to talk to and you aren't even alive. Sometimes I feel so trapped, you know? I met these guys recently, the seven deadly sins...yeah they exist. I know you and you kept on making fun of them and how they don't exist, but they do, I've seen them work. Also, Joshua and I are together now! Shocking right? I never thought he would like me... I don't know if I'm happy now. Something feels wrong, I don't know...I love Joshua, don't get me wrong, but...my mind is conflicted between Joshua and someone else and I don't know what to do. I really wish you were here so you could help me. I love you Mum, more than anyone or anything I can imagine. I'm sorry for giving you a hard time as a child. I'm sorry. I miss you and I love you.

Maia

I closed my laptop, saving it along with my 629 other unsent messages to my mum of things I wish i could have said to her directly and things I wish I said.

My eyes began to burn so I decided I should probably go to sleep.

***

"Wake up!" Lust yelled, "wake up sleepy head."

I felt someone violently shake me, so, instinctively, I jolted awake. Lust grinned at me and beckoned me to follow. I got up, did my morning routine and made my way downstairs. Gluttony "made" pancakes and Joshua sat on the couch, stuffing his face with blueberry pancakes. I greeted everyone and chose a chocolate chip pancake. I sat next to Wrath, who grinned, while he ate strawberry pancakes. I couldn't look at him but every time I did, I saw that young boy, trapped in a cage, waiting for someone to let him out. 

"if you want to make it to the airport, we better leave now!" Joshua announced.

Everyone got cleaned up and we made our way into the subway. We reached the airport in about fifteen minutes and boarded our flight.

"Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you for choosing Hawaiian Airlines, I am your air hostess, Jane Baker, and our pilot for today is Brian McAllen," the woman over the PA informed, "our flight is a non-stop flight from New York to Hawaii and the duration, hopefully, will be around twelve hours. I hope you enjoy your flight and choose Hawaiian Airlines once again."

I took a deep breath in and checked the boys. Gluttony, Envy and Pride were talking and playing a game. Greed and Sloth were sleeping. Joshua was searching for movies. Lust was reading a book and Wrath was just sitting, looking out the window. I decided to listen to some music so I fished around for my phone. When I was unable to find it, I had a mini heart attack.

"Looking for this?" Lust asked. He held up my phone with two fingers and waved it in front of my face.

"Oh thank God, I thought I lost it," I reached to grab it but he moved his hand away, "what's in it for me?" He grinned.

I crossed my arms, "what do you want?"

He smirked, "there are many things I want, but let's settle for a kiss."

My eyes widened, "L-lust? I have a boyfriend, who is sitting right next to me."

He laughed, "you should have seen your face!" He mimicked my "face" and laughed once again, "here," he tossed it to me, "you owe me one thing, Maia."

I rolled my eyes, "fine."

I plugged in my ear phone and played my travel play list on shuffle. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to get immersed into the music and the worlds created by the singers.

I felt myself fall asleep slowly and gradually, and I began to dream.

This time it wasn't Wrath who I saw. It was Lust. He sat in a chair, chained to it, unable to move. I saw a tall man emurge from the shadows and stand in front of Lust.

His voice was so familiar, and it boomed in my head.

"Watch, otherwise, it will get worse."

He brought out the five sins except Wrath and tortured them: he whipped them, cut them, beat them, harmed them, all while he made Lust watch. All I could hear was the raging screams of terror from Lust and the pleading sobs from the sins.

"Strong boy," the voice boomed, "let's see how strong you really are."

A small Wrath came out with chains tied to his neck. Lust's face paled. The man grabbed Wrath's neck and shoved him against the wall. He began to whip Wrath until he bleed so much. Lust exploded in rage as he watched his brother fall onto the ground. The man grabbed onto Wrath's arm and snapped it in half. Wrath let out an ear piercing scream as Lust yelled in rage. Suddenly, Lust stood up and broke all the chains binding him to the chair in half, using brute force. He ignored all threats from the man and aided his brother.

"You made a mistake, boy."

I jolted awake, panting. It felt like I screamed as well because my throat ached. I looked around and noticed everyone was asleep. I buried my head into my hands and sobbed.

Why is this happening to me?

"Maia?" A voice called.

I looked, with my tear streaked face, over at Sloth who, surprisingly, awake.

"Are you alright?" He asked, beckoning me to join him. I listened to his order and told him everything I dreamt about, except my first dream with my mum. Sloth was an amazing listener and he was wiser than I thought.

"Did it really happen?" I asked

"Unfortunately, yes." He replied.

"Why?" I pushed.

"Lucifer wanted to make the right tools of destruction. He wanted to make us just right and if we went astray or our human side overpowered us, we'd need to be checked and put into place. He had a reason to do that but the way he did it was wrong. He affected all of us, but he couldn't take away what we are, no matter what he did. We still are human, even if it is just 1%."

***

The flight finally landed after eleven and a half hours. We got down at Oahu Airport and made our way to the Ko'olau mountain range to go on "the stairway to heaven", which is also called the Haiku stairs. I looked up at the sky and saw endless stairs that we had to climb.

Our ascention to heaven began.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Author's Note:

How was the chapter? I'm sorry for making the dream very...sad. I felt like it would shape them and Lucifer.

The next chapter will be out soon and I'm really enjoying writing the story now because shit is happening.

Lxrxib.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 855 49
I'm Xirasti a pure demon that lives in hell. When I was a child on accident I found an angel trapped in the bottom of a cavern. From the first moment...
2.2K 518 34
Highest rank so far : 58 in Sorcery ; 195 in Mythology ; 249 in Paranormal # The Global Awards 2018 (Winner - Best Of Award) # World Of Champions A...
73 1 5
there's a contest between 7 virtues and 7 sins who were the people most suited for their role they're all against each other Put into another world t...
294K 12.6K 38
Betrayal follows her, the Angels are against her, and the Devil is on her tail. As Lucifer's Daughter Abbegael must hide her identity from both Heave...