Dare You To Move

By peterprkerr

Friends with benefits is supposed to be just that. Friends with the benefits of fooling around and not having... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1 - SOS Text
Chapter 2 - Snowfall
Chapter 3 - Tongue Tied
Chapter 4 - Confused Hangovers
Chapter 5 - Polaroids
Chapter 6 - Lego House
Chapter 8 - Just Friends
Chapter 9 - Selfish
Chapter 10 - 5 words
Chapter 11 - How's This For Honesty
Chapter 12 - Wanted
Chapter 13 - It's Jenny
Chapter 14 - Oxygen
Chapter 15 - Lifeline
Chapter 16 - Heartbreak
Chapter 17 - Photograph
Epilogue

Chapter 7 - Frozen Bearings

1K 13 6
By peterprkerr

Happy.

It is to feel joy or contentment or pleasure. It's yellows and oranges, sunrises, and the summer sun beating on exposed skin. And it's laughter, laughter of oneself and/or someone they care about. Smiles, racing hearts, adrenaline, goosebumps, and butterflies. To be happy is important and lovely. But, to be happy with someone, to be happy because of someone is otherworldly and a little dangerous, but usually worth it.

"You're happy with me?" Parker's eyes lit up with a touch of adornment.

Elli nods. "Mhm, would I be living with you if you didn't make me happy?" She quips, the usual smirk tugging at her lips.

"No," Parker says, the word falling almost reluctant as his lips pull into a smile.

"Exactly. You're my best friend and if whoever the hell I'm supposed to end up with," Elli pauses and flashes Parker a toothy grin. "If it's really not you, can't accept that I live with you and we're us, then they aren't for me. Sorry, I'm with you till the end of the line, pal."

Parker bursts into a fit of laughter, his arm collapsing and allowing him to fall to the floor. The corners of his eyes wrinkle and his chest rises and falls with every laugh that falls from his lips.

"That's the line, right?" Elli asks, biting her lip as her cheeks start to tint.

Parker nods, his laugh calming. "Yeah, 's line, stop quoting shit!"

"I would if you would stop laughing so hard every time I did it!" Elli lets out a laugh cross her lips.

"It's funny, darlin'. You've so much confidence in it and you do it at the worst times." Parker's eyes soften as he looks up to her.

"That's a good thing! It makes me funny." Elli defends, voice airy and sweet as sugar.

"Not sure that's how funny works." Parker snorts, his arms bending under his head.

"Uh-huh!" Elli's eyes widen as she pokes his cheeks. "You laugh and that's the point."

Parker chuckles, grabbing her hand and bringing the back of it to his mouth, pressing a kiss to the soft skin. "Sure, Elli." He mumbles.

He releases her hand and extends his arm, gesturing for her to move towards him. Elli sighs but scoots over, her head laying on his bare chest, his warmth immediately consuming her. She feels Parker press a kiss to the top of her head as her eyes close, the sound of the record becoming her focus once more.

Parker's fingers lightly brush over Elli's arm as the lingering scent of her shampoo consumes his scenes. He chose to laugh and maybe it was the wrong decision because it'll be eating at him now but he didn't want to push Elli into an argument. She's usually a pretty open book when it comes to Parker but when she doesn't want to talk about something, she's not going to and her throwing sarcasm and quips out means she doesn't want to talk about it. But, it's bothering him that her idea of a joke, of a good quip, is that they could end up together. Then again, it's not like unusual for the two of them to joke like that but there's tonight.

Tonight it feels different and she looks different, not literally but figuratively. It just feels different, Elli, the sex, the records, the songs, the decorating. Just everything and it's gnawing at the back Parker's brain so, he picks a conversation.

He moves his shoulder, gaining Elli's attention. "I thought you wanted to get married in a castle, by the way?"

Elli's eyes widen as he look at him. "W-what? I, you pay attention when I talk about that?"

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I?"

Elli shakes her head, the warmth spreading throughout her chest too warm to ignore. "Just...I dunno." She furrows her brows, laughing it off. "Didn't think you cared much about it."

Parker shrugs his free shoulder. "I care, care 'bout whatever you talk about."

Elli's heart sinks with his words. It's the kind of sinking like a ship, utter dread. She knows it's happening, she can feel it, like passengers on a ship. The inevitable is right there and it's only a matter of time. The impending doom looms over and tugs everything under until it finally hits. It's the kind made of pure fear of getting hurt but knowing there's nothing to be done because she's just along for the ride.

"So, what's with shed aquarium?" Parker asks.

"Oh, uh," Elli looks down, her hand spread across his sParkerach. "I had that interview with this couple today and they're getting married the day before Christmas Eve at the shed aquarium." Elli scoffs, her eyes coming back to Parker's. "Anyway, they hired me." Elli's voice lightens with the words. "So, do you wanna be my date and assistant?" Elli flashes him a cheesy grin.

Parker chuckles, nodding his head. "Be your date and your assistant to a wedding at the shed aquarium, specifically?"

Elli nods. "Yes."

Parker's heart shouldn't have fluttered the way it did. It's for her job. They ask each other to be each other's dates all the time. But, his heart flutters anyway like a million hummingbirds back for the first spring.

"Yeah, yeah I will." Parker's smile turns nervous as he looks down to Elli.

Elli's smile widens, lighting up all of Parker's world. "Thank you!" She leans over and kisses Parker's cheek before giving his torso a hug. She wiggles out of Parker's grasp, her eyes going to the finished tree.

"We got the tree done this time." Parker winks up at her.

"Shut up." Elli groans before getting to her feet.

"Where're you goin?" Parker whines, botParker lip sticking out. "I'm cold, now."

"Sucks to suck." Elli chortles, tugging at the ends of Parker's flannel she's still wearing. "You have work in the morning."

Parker sighs, sitting up himself before running a hand through his hair. "How unfortunate." He quips.

"You could shower." Elli suggests, almost teasing him.

"I could."

"You'll be warm then." A teasing smile pulls at Elli's lips.

Parker shakes his head, getting to his feet. "Not quite the same, darlin'."

"You could shower and I could be in your bed after?" Elli offers, eyes temping and daring.

"Yeah?" Parker asks, brows drawn together as he moves his hand to Elli's hip.

"Mhm, it's cold tonight. Probably fifteen degrees."

"If that." Parker chuckles with a scrunched nose. "Really gonna sleep in my bed so 'm not cold?" Parker matches the teasing expression on Elli's face.

"Yeah," Elli squints an eye, her hands coming to his sides. "You're playing Ed Sheeran and it kind of makes me not wanna sleep alone and you're warm."

"Alright." Parker whispers, his lips pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I'll shower and you get comfortable."

"Okay." Elli whispers back, a kiss being pressed to his cheek.

The two of them make their way down the hallway and into Parker's room. Elli flops on the bed as Parker grabs his things for the shower. She grabs the remote for the TV hanging on the wall and readies herself to turn a movie on but she watches Parker from the corner of her eye. She can't help it but that's always been a bad habit of hers.

She stares and watches, most of the time not even noticing but she can't help it. He's her best friend and she wants to always look out for him, that's what she likes to tell herself anyway. The truth is hidden in old scars and poor wording. The truth is gnawing at the back of her head as he exits the room, allowing her to herself.

Elli lets herself put on a film and just let it consume her. She pushes every gnawing feeling and every idea out of her head and just watches the screen play. The movie is better than anything she could be thinking or possibly doing. And by the time Parker gets back, Elli was nearly asleep. Parker climbed into bed, tugging the blankets over them and within minutes, they were both asleep.

The next day comes around and the morning proceeds as it usually does when they choose to sleep with each other. Parker's alarm goes off and it wakes him first, followed by Elli a few minutes later. There's lots of groaning and Elli telling Parker to shut it off and once he does, Parker is up to make breakfast. Elli follows in the kitchen not long after, unable to fall back asleep. And their morning goes on as it does every morning.

Now, it's mid-afternoon, a little before sunset and Elli's just gotten done with her showering routine. The blow-dryer still warm as she combs out her hair once more. It's then that she starts hearing the familiar sound of wood on pavement, over and over and over again.

Normally, she'd roll her eyes as excitement would flood her veins knowing that sound meant a day of picture taking and laughter but not today. Today her brows are pulled together in confusion, questioning who's outside or what she could be hearing. No one else in the building is fond of the sport and no one but Parker is crazy enough to be outside right now. But, sure enough, she goes to the window in her bedroom that overlooks the parking lot and there's Parker with his skateboard.

"Parker!" Elli calls down, just grabbing his attention.

He looks up to her, breath white in the air. "Yeah?" He calls up, a cheesy grin plastered across his face.

"What the hell are you doing? It's twenty degrees!" Elli scolds.

"Not when you're skatin'!"

Elli's eyes widen, jaw slightly agape as she wants to rip her hair out. "You'll get sick!"

Parker laughs, looking to the ground for a few seconds before looking back up. "You comin' down or what? Collyn's almost here!"

Is it dumb to go outside in twenty-degree weather to watch two dork skateboard? Yes. But is Elli going to turn down the opportunity? Never.

Elli sighs, the scowl being replaced by a reluctant smile. "Yeah! One sec!"

Elli closes the window and rushes around her room. She grabs one of her thick hoodies, pulling it over her head. She locates her coat, followed by her gloves, hat, and a scarf, making sure she's going to stay as warm as possible. Once she's dressed for the weather, she retrieved her camera, putting it around her neck and she rushes out the door. She takes the stairs, hand gliding across the railing with every step and she's like a kid on Christmas morning.

The boys always loved to skateboard and even taught her. They're much better than she is but she can at least cruise and not fall on her ass the entire time. But, she always found more comfort and happiness in just taking pictures. In fact, taking pictures of Collyn skateboarding on the school steps is part of how she got into the art institute. It's more fun when it's not for a project but some of her best days have been at skate parks or in vacant parking lots with the boys. Most of her favorite memories are with the boys.

"Finally!" Parker cheers as he sees Elli exit the building, Collyn now standing beside him.

"Fuck off!" Elli rolls her eyes, making her way over to them. "Why're you home?"

Parker shrugs a shoulder. "Our whole bloody system went down, sent us home knowin' they weren't gonna get it back up for the day."

"That blows." Elli states.

"Nah, quite nice, get to be here now." He grins, releasing the nose of his board so it's on all four wheels.

"Ya know, you're both gonna freeze your bearings, right?" Elli reminds them.

"Not like I've not done it before." Collyn shrugs.

"Need new ones anyway." Parker states.

"Why don't you get your deck?" Collyn questions, just the corner of his mouth pulling to a soft smile.

"Because I don't need new bearings and there's patches of ice all over and I don't feel like getting road rash today."

"Lame." Parker chortles with the shake of his head before stepping onto his board and pushing off.

"You're gonna need new grip tape, too." Elli moves her stare to Collyn.

He shrugs, dropping the nose his board. "Yeah, but this is more fun than sitting inside all day, don't you think?"

Elli's eyes go to the ground, a rush of heat coming to her cheeks. "Yeah, I'll let you know Parkerorrow when I'm coughing up a lung."

Collyn chuckles as he starts on his board. "I'll bring you soup if you're sick Parkerorrow." He looks over his shoulder and gives Elli a sweet smile.

"Yeah, I'll hold you to it!" Elli hollers after him, his laugh blending in with the should of plastic wheels on slick pavement.

Elli sighs to herself but a smile dances across her face as she removes the lens cap from her camera. She makes her way a little over to Parker and Collyn, out of their way but close enough. Her camera is turned on and she starts taking pictures of the boys.

Parker tries a kickflip only for the grip tape to be too wet and his shoe slips, allowing him to collide with the ground. Elli catches it on camera while Parker lays on the ground, groaning through a laugh and Collyn is laughing, walking over to help him up. He's up unscathed and back on his board to try something else. Collyn doesn't learn from Parker's mistake and tries himself only to fall the same way. Elli gets the picture and just shakes her head but laughs along with them.

There's only been one time where either of them have been injured fairly bad in the time they've been friends. Usually, it's just a few scrapes and bruises, the two of them getting back on their boards to retry whatever they just didn't land. It's something Elli is definitely happy about. It makes photographing them and being with them while they skate together a lot more relaxing. Despite the ice and snow and wet pavement, they're careful, as careful as someone can be while on a piece of wood with four wheels.

As time passes, Parker's handed his phone off to Elli as to hopefully not crack the screen again and music blares from it. Elli's taken plenty of pictures of the two of them, on the ground, in the air, pushing to gain speed for the trick, and a few of them just standing together to catch their breath. It's been well over an hour and her hands are freezing, her legs are numb, and her teeth are starting to chatter but she's not about to go inside and leave them. Being cold is worth it for them. But, that doesn't mean she can't walk over to the sidewalk and take a break to look over her pictures.

Elli takes her seat on the freezing sidewalk, her knees bent just over the curb. She looks at the boys who are playing a game of skate and for a few seconds, she can't help but think about how lucky she is to be a part of that. She might be an onlooker right now, but she's usually right there with her own quips and her laughing mixing in perfect harmony with theirs. The three of them are there for each other through thick and thin and she is forever grateful for it. They might have known each other longer than her but it never once felt like that and Elli would be damned if something ever came between them.

With glove-covered hands, Elli presses the forward button on her camera, looking through the pictures she's managed to take. They all look great, of course they do, they always do. Parker and Collyn are both on their boards just cruising and avoiding small patches of snow or they're just mid-air trying to land a trick, she's got a few of them landing them and a few of the falling. A smirk crosses her lips at the ones where they've fallen or they have their infamous "almost pain faces". They're both disasters but at least it's all in good fun. It's the ones she's got of them just talking. Those are her favorites. But, that's not much of a surprise because they're always her favorites. It's like they say, a picture says a thousand words.

The sound of plastic wheels gliding against pavement brings her attention up. Collyn is pushing over towards her, allowing Parker to have full reign of the parking lot for a few minutes.

"Whatcha doin'?" He asks as he stops against the curb of the sidewalk, taking a seat on his board to face her.

"Looking at pictures of you dumbasses." Elli chortles, glancing between Collyn and Parker.

"Any turn out good?" He quirks a brow in genuine curiosity.

"Don't they always?" She retorts, a smirk still crossing her lips.

Collyn hangs his head with a cold chuckle, his breath white in the air. "Yeah, fair, I guess."

Silence falls between the two of them and there's a pulling in Collyn's chest as he looks at Elli. She's watching Parker, eyes soft and the smirk gone, replaced with a smooth and quiet smile. He said he wouldn't ask her out because he knows she doesn't feel the same way but there's something about how Elli's looking at Parker that he would love for that to be him. And there's even a thought that that could be him and he just doesn't notice. Maybe. Parker said he doesn't like her and it's been years. All's fair, right?

But he doesn't know the extent of what happened within Elli and Parker's apartment walls when it's just the two of them. He doesn't know the story of the songs or the dance, the routine her and Parker have fallen into, like two lovers destined for each other. He doesn't know and Elli and Parker are too oblivious to realize it.

Elli feels Collyn's stare on her so she glances at him, just her eyes moving in his direction. "Why're you looking at me like that?" Elli furrows her brows but a half-hearted smile replaces the quiet smile.

Collyn's eyes widen, his cheeks tinting a warmer shade of red. "Like what?" Surprise is laced in his words, lucky for him.

"Like you've got something you wanna tell me?" Elli turns her head to fully look at him. "You're like....staring staring. So, what's up?"

Collyn's mouth runs dry as he stares at Elli. Her eyes are an icy blue but it fills him with this warmth even the twenty-degree weather can't touch. Her cheeks are rose pink from the cold, her lips pale and chapped and all Collyn can think about is what it would be like to kiss her. He wonders what it'd be like to pull her onto his lap and just cup her face, show her just what he's been hiding for the past few months. He wants to know so bad it burns.

"Uh," Collyn stutters, his heart beating like a jackhammer against his rips. "I just, um," The rolling and familiar sound of a skateboard getting closer makes Collyn look over, seeing Parker pushing towards them. "Well, I wanted to know--"

"Aye," Parker greets, unknowingly cutting Collyn off. "'S going on?" Parker raises a brow at Collyn.

"Collyn was about to ask me something?" Elli asks, her stare still on Collyn, eyes gentle with curiosity.

Collyn shakes his head with the role of his shoulder. "I just wanted to know if you were riding with Parker? I've to go back to my place for something." Collyn brushes it off, deciding it's better to let it rest for the time being.

"Oh, yeah, sure." Elli smiles, looking up to Parker. "You care?"

"'Course not." Parker chuckles, stepping on the tail of his board and grabbing the nose. "We should start gettin' ready to head out then, ya? 'Bout time." Elli and Collyn exchange glances of confusion, knowing it's a little early to be heading out. "Oh, uh, yeah right," Parker starts. "'M playing the BotParker Lounge for some event show or somethin' so we've to get a bit early and it's business casual."

"Aaahh," Elli sighs, nodding slowly. "Gotcha."

Collyn sucks in a breath, the hammering of his heart still echoing through his ears. "I'll see you guys there." Collyn gets to his feet, grabbing his board. He nods to the both of them and heads off to his car, parked in the far end of the lot.

"That he wanted to know?" Parker asks, sticking out his hand to help Elli to her feet.

She shrugs a shoulder, not thinking too much of it. "Probably, he's always making sure plans haven't changed." Elli walks onto the sidewalk. "Why?"

Parker shakes his head. "Just wondering 's all." He gives her a closed-lip smile, following her lead up the sidewalk and to the apartment doors.

Truth is, Parker would be lying if he said he wasn't watching Elli and Collyn as they talked. He never noticed before, probably because he's always caught up in his own head and not paying much attention, but Collyn gives her the look. He gives her the look that says everything Collyn says he won't say. And there's this piece of Parker that was pleading to the stars that Collyn wasn't saying anything, that he was going to keep his word and keep his feelings to himself. But, there's another part of Parker that pushes that part so far deep into denial, he's only convinced he's worried that Collyn or Elli will get hurt if Collyn says anything. It's not a full lie, of course, he doesn't want his friends to get hurt, especially by each other, but maybe he's projecting his fears onto his friends.

Parker shakes it off as him and Elli get to their apartment. The two of them go their separate ways to gather what they need for the night and to change. Parker's set to get his guitar and pedals, making sure everything is in order. Once done, he immediately swapping into black Dick's slacks and a button up, his red jacket being thrown over top.

Elli grabs her camera bag and grabs an extra lens as well as swaps out the memory cards. Once your camera is ready, she swaps into a black pencil skirt and a plain red shirt, tossing a black jacket over top. Within twenty minutes, the two of them are headed back downstairs and to the parking lot, Parker's playlist immediately playing the second they get into his car.

Once they get to the venue, they're allowed in through the side door and directed to a room for them to wait. It's small with a few chairs and a small couch. A counter with a long mirror above it lines perpendicular to the door and a small fridge sits against the farthest door. Elli takes her seat in one of the chairs while Parker takes the couch, opening his guitar case and readying to tune it.

"So, I thought you were done with all this? Thought you just wanted to focus on bars?" Elli questions, watching his fingers adjust one of the tuning pegs.

"You said you were done with helping with schools." Parker glances to her, the tiniest smirk barely tugging onto his lips.

"Fair." Elli huffs. "What is it? Like, what's the event tonight?"

"It's a promotional party, I guess." Parker scrunches his face, not knowing the details given the short notice of his hiring.

Elli nods as Parker strums a few times, his hands growing shakey with every movement. "Are you okay?" Elli asks.

Parker looks up to her, breath catching his throat. "Uh, yeah, yeah why?"

"Your hands are shaking and you're usually...." Elli pauses, trying to find words to describe what she was thinking. "I dunno, you usually know every detail about everything when you have to play somewhere, especially last notice and you usually tell Collyn and me immediately but you don't seem to know much and you told us half an hour ago."

Parker sighs as he looks to Elli. "I just," He runs a hand through hair. "Been awhile since I've played somewhere like this, ya know?" Parker lets out a dry chuckle before scratching his brow.

"Yeah," Elli's smile is sad as she watches Parker go back to tuning. "You're gonna be amazing though, ya know?" Her voice is gentle as she tilts her head, leaning her elbows on her legs.

Parker looks to her, a relieved expression spreading across his face. "Thanks."

Elli nods and leans back, checking her phone, knowing Parker will be just fine as long as he focuses on his music and his guitar. It's easier for him to do that if she's quiet, just keeps to herself until he's ready. But, the thing is that he's not just fine. He's nervous. He's nervous to be playing here even though the musicians playing are mostly for background, as he was told, but it's getting to him. This isn't a bar, not where he's set to play and promotional events put that extra strain on him to be absolutely perfect. He knows he's good but it doesn't stop him from worrying and on top of that, he knows that Collyn is going to show up soon and while he's on stage, Elli and Collyn will be chatting. Parker's tried pushing the way Collyn looks at her to the back of his head into a dark and lifeless corner but it's still front and center with a spotlight on it.

After a few minutes of not being able to concentrate, Parker sets his guitar aside and stands up. "I'll be back." He mumbles, not glancing to Elli as he moves past her and to the door.

"You okay?" Elli turns just in time to see him open the door.

"Yeah, 'm fine." Parker says, curling his lips together with the quick rise and fall of his brows.

Parker exits the room, shutting the door behind him before Elli can say a word. Elli's eyes linger on the door, the smallest touch of worry starting to trickle into her veins. Parker isn't one to get super nervous or get stage fright even at a new venue so him being nervous here, nervous enough to be acting a little out of character makes Elli question if there's more he's not telling her. But, Elli also knows that following right after him and asking before he's set to play would only stress him out more. So, she goes back to her phone and texts Collyn to make sure he'll be there soon.

Meanwhile, Parker finds himself in the single bathroom down the hallway. He's anxious to have to play and he's kicking himself for not telling Collyn not to say anything. People change their minds all the time and he knows it's only a matter of time and tonight might be that time. He knows as his grips the edge of the counter so tight his knuckles start to turn white that he lied to himself when he woke up that morning.

When he woke up, his alarm hadn't gone off yet and Elli was asleep beside him, facing him with her hand under the pillow and she looked so beautiful. It was breathtaking and it wasn't the first time Parker had woken up to her like that. Him and Elli have woken up to each other more times than they could count but the night before was different. Parker doesn't know what exactly was different but it was and when he woke up to see her and his breath caught his throat as a rush of pure and utter happiness ran through him, he knew it. But, he shoved it aside because they're friends and friends can be happy to be waking up next to each other. Friends can make each other feel like they're dreaming the most wonderful dream when they're awake and friends can make each other feel like they are flying. Right?

A soft knock pulls Parker's attention and he just hangs his head, a few loose curls falling onto his forehead. "Yeah, one second." He calls out.

"It's Elli." Elli's voice brings goosebumps over Parker's skin and the smallest bit of relief comes over him. Parker walks to the door, unlocking it and opening it just enough to allow Elli inside before he locks it again. "What's wrong, Parker?" Elli asks, her brows knitting together as she crosses her arms.

Parker shakes his head. "Nervous," He mutters, dodging her eyes.

"That all?" Elli asks. It's been fifteen minutes and he's never gone that long. She knows him better than anyone, kind of.

Parker licks his lips, glancing from her to the floor. "Stressed."

Elli squints her eyes, tilting her head slightly. "Stressed as in you wanna talk about it stressed? Stressed as in you want me to fuck off? Or stressed as in...." Elli trails off as she waits for Parker to meet her gaze.

Parker chuckles, looking to the ceiling and he bites his lip as he looks back to her, knowing he's not going to say anything to her. Not now, not her. It'd be easier to just tell Collyn. The thought of telling her makes him want to jump off the Short Bridge. So, he goes for the latter.

"You're riding home with me, right, stressed." Parker manages a smirk as he answers, knowing Elli will know what he means.

"Don't have to wait till we get home if you're that stressed. I mean," Elli takes a few steps forward, standing directly in front of Parker. "If you're that stressed and nervous, shouldn't you try to relieve it before going on stage?"

Parker sucks in a breath as his eyes darken, Elli tempting him with the offer. "We're in a bathroom, darlin'." Parker's voice is low and graveled.

"A locked bathroom." Elli quips, smirking up at Parker.

Elli pulls her botParker lip between her teeth and wiggles her brows. It's all Parker needs before he cups her face and collides his lips with hers in a heated rush. Elli groans into the kiss, hands moving to his neck. Parker moves his hands down her sides and to the back of her thighs before picking her up, the two of them don't disconnect their mouths for even a second.

This might night solve Parker's internal war he's fighting with himself but it's a good distraction. Elli is always a good distraction whether it be the sex or just being an ear for Parker to vent to or someone to keep him company and a distraction is just want he needs to get through his set. He might regret it later but right now with Elli placed on the counter and one of her hands working on his slacks while his hands are under her shirt, palming her breasts, he couldn't care less. Right now, it's about focusing on this, on just Elli and him.

Elli gets Parker's pants undone and pushes them down just enough to reach into his Calvin Kleins, her hand wrapping around his shaft and pumping him slowly at first. Parker moans into her mouth, already feeling the stress and anxiety start to dissipate.

"Sh," Elli hushes through a giggle as she speeds up her movements. "Won't look good if we get caught." Parker whimpers as she whispers, leaning in close to his ear, her warm breath sending chills down his spine before she starts kissing his cheek and down to his neck.

Parker's fingers start tweaking her nipples, making it Elli's turn to gasp out. All Parker does is chuckle and collide his lips with hers once more before moving one of his hands up her skirt and to her heat. He doesn't waste any more time before pulling her underwear to the side and moving his fingers up and around her slit, gathering her wetness.

Elli's heart skips a beat as every nerve seems to be on end and she pulls Parker closer to her. Their mouths work together in perfect harmony, swallowing the other's moans until Parker's yanking her to the end of the counter, Elli's reaching for his wallet out of his pocket and grabbing a condom before sliding it on him, and Parker lines himself up with her entrance. He pushes inside her slowly and only allows them a few seconds to adjust before he starts thrusting into her. Their kissing becomes messy, mostly missing each other's mouths and kisses the corners of lips and cheeks, all of it being lost in whimpers and whispered moans and grunts.

Parker rests his forehead against Elli's, his eyes meeting hers in a moment of pure lust. Her eyes a darker shade of blue and all he wants to do is drown in them while Elli wants to melt into his chocolate colored eyes. Elli's legs wrap around his waist, pulling him closer and his thrusts speed up, her hands coming to tangle in his hair and keep his forehead to hers. Their eyes stay locked while Parker's hand snakes between them and his thumb finds her clit. He rubs quick circles, Elli letting a moan of his name a little too loud, making Parker quickly move his lips to hers, swallowing her moans.

"Gotta be quiet, darlin'." Parker gasps through a teasing smirk, his thrusting growing sloppy as Elli bites her lip so hard she's sure she's going to break skin.

Only a minute more passes before the rubberband in Elli's sParkerach snaps and she's biting down on Parker's shoulder to conceal her moans. As she falls over the edge, toes curling and body shaking against the counter and Parker, Parker follows right after her, his hips stalling against hers as his release hits. The two of them come down from their highs, heads light and lazy smiles decorating their faces as they rest their sweaty foreheads together.

"Better?" Elli asks, catching her breath.

"Much." Parker nods and he gives her cheek a sweet kiss before pulling out. "You alright?" Parker asks, still catching his own breath.

"Amazing." Elli giggles, putting her hands on the counter to get down, Parker being quick to help her.

Parker smiles shyly as he works on removing the condom and tying it off to toss it. "Thank you."

"Eh, anytime." Elli smirks, adjusting her skirt before looking in the mirror and fixing her hair. "When do you have to go on?"

"Uh," Parker flicks his wrist, the face of his watch lighting up. "Like five minutes." Parker says, gaining a yikes expression.

"Okay, fuck. You use this bathroom and I'll use the ones down the other hall."

"Meet you back here after I'm done?" Parker asks before Elli can leave him to the bathroom.

"Yep." She gives him a wide smile with a thumbs up before leaving him to himself.

Parker takes a second to sigh to himself, feeling quite a bit better. Sure, he didn't actually deal with an issue but he definitely got to get the nerves out of his system and it's pushed every other thought out of his head. His muscles are tensed and he's in a state of tired bliss but it's the best kind. He knows he's going to go out there and he's going to play just as good as he does every other time and Elli will be right there photographing him, documenting the experience. It was sex, sure, but Elli helps. She would have helped had she just talked.

By the time Elli has cleaned herself up and grabbed her camera from the room, Parker was taking his place on the stage and she was making her way out to the crowded room, finding Collyn who Parker had listed as an extra set of hands. It's not fancy, just like Parker said and given that it's the BotParker Lounge, Elli didn't expect anything crazy but it is quite nice. Purple lights mix with the all black room and everyone is dressed in business casual attire. Most of the people have a drink in hand either talking to who's around or watching Parker take the stage. But, as Elli looks around on her way to Collyn, she can't figure out exactly what this event is for, who it's being held by, or what it's even promoting. But, it's definitely better than the last time Parker played where everyone was about as rowdy as they get for a metalcore or deathcore concert. This is more of Parker's scene and Elli couldn't be happier for him.

"Hey," Collyn greets with a joyful smile, eyes brightening with the sight of her.

"Hey, you weren't waiting long, were you?" Elli asks.

Collyn shakes his head. "Nah, just a minute or two." He shrugs as he looks Elli over.

The same feeling he had earlier floods over him. It's so tempting to tell her how he feels and to ask her out. She's right there and she's smiling, clearly happy and everything about her presence nearly takes Collyn's breath away. Parker's started his first song and Collyn knows he won't be interrupted if he tries to ask again. The worst she can say is no. He's not afraid of losing their friendship because he knows Elli would never let that happen. If she doesn't like him back, if she says no, Collyn knows he'll be over it in a week or two. It's Elli and he could never hold that against her. And he knows Parker will understand. Parker will get it more than anyone, especially with him saying he doesn't like her anymore. It's just the fear of actually being rejected by his friend that he's trying to force himself to overcome.

"How long he's playing for?" Collyn asks, clearing his throat.

"I think he said about twenty-five minutes." Elli recalls Parker mentioning it in the car as she pulls her camera to her face to take a picture. "Why?" She turns back to Collyn once the picture has been taken.

Collyn sucks in a breath and his eyes lock with Elli's. "I wanted to ask you this earlier but I didn't want to ask in front of Parker." Collyn starts, making Elli eye him with timid confusion. "It felt weird to ask in front of him." Collyn continues with a shrug, clearly stalling and it's only making Elli grow more confused. Collyn isn't one to get nervous when he asks things. He's the blunt one.

"What's up?" Elli asks hesitantly.

Collyn takes a deep breath and gains a timid smile but his voice gains confidence as he finally asks. "Do you wanna go on a date with me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 108 8
(๐”๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐’๐“๐‘๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐) ๐™๐™ค๐™ก๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฎ!!! ๐™Š๐˜พ๐™จ!!! ๐™ˆ๐™ช๐™ก๐™ฉ๐™ž!!!
3.3K 73 33
A simple girl. A simple boy. And a simple love story. Didith: I was only seventeen when I first met him and finally fell in love with him. Five years...
3.5K 537 53
Hey You, I'm mildly in love with you. It's TOTALLY platonic. Not. Sincerely, Me. ||NOTES|| ยปI own everything in this book ยปI made the cover...
41.9K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...