Rule of Vampire King Stavros

By hackerindisguise

"Are you trying to intimidate me?" Came to his response which crumbled all the confidence I had just built up... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 26

2.6K 136 19
By hackerindisguise

Dear readers!

I have finally decided as to what era this book is set in.....1890s! I know a few of you are concerned about them eating Pizza or her wearing tank tops. When Elise went to Calabria in Italy, Pizza was newly invented. And for the clothing, it will remain as olden style like gowns etc and nightwear that elise wears are silk chemises. Please do point out what chapter tank top was mentioned so I can change it to a chemise <3

Next chapter will only be published upon reaching 40+ votes :) Come on guys!

Enjoy

---

I had fallen asleep and I did not even know for how long. The room was still as dark as before but I could night had fallen.

With a candle resting on an old book which I found on the floor, I advanced through the room. I still felt the need to be left alone for sometime and did not want to step outside so I figured I might as well explore this room and satisfy my curiosity.

Every time I would pass by this room I had a gut feeling to go in. Almost as if it was familiar to me. Every step forward felt natural to me.

My heart pounded as I found myself in front of an enormous painting. Carefully, I took off the giant dusty curtain draped over it. However, I froze upon hearing footsteps outside the room.

"Hey did you hear that?" Uttered one of the guards from outside.

"Your ears are ringing fella" The other guard laughed. Stavros had mostly human guards so they wouldn't be able to use vampiric hearing.

"One second, it was coming from here. Shshshs" The voice got closer.

My hands became cold and sweaty as I grew nervous. Even the heat from the burning candle I was holding was not aiding my temperature.

"Achuu" I sneezed.

"I swear I just heard someone sneeze! Stay here I will inform the King."

I panicked and looked around for a way out but then my eyes fell upon the painting I had just uncovered. I could hear the guards shouting in the background.

I felt somebody entering the room but my eyes stayed glued to the painting. I stood frozen.

I finally closed my eyes as a few tears escaped my eyes and I took a deep breath. This could not be a mere coincidence.

I could feel a heavy presence in the room and it could only mean the King himself is here. I have been caught lurking around in his territory. But everything will change now from what I have seen.

"Elise what you are seeing is not true." His voice slipped through the invisible wall I had just created and stood in for the past couple of minutes.

"No." I voiced.

"Lets get you back to your room." He softly grabbed my shoulders but I retracted harshly.

"You will tell me right now who that little girl is in the painting with that woman!" I stared at him in the eyes. I could see shades of red appear and I knew what was coming next. If this was the ordinary Elise then she would be scared of this monster but somehow everything has changed since I saw that painting. I am not that Elise anymore. And certainly not after he called me a slut and treated me like a maid when there is something more to this situation.

"Elise, you do not want to know." He stared down at me trying to conceal his anger as his jaw clenched. I knew this was a warning. But I ignored it.

"YES I DO!" I yelled as I pushed him hard on the chest and he stumbled back only slightly. His expression looked shocked as if he did not anticipate this side of me.

"Fine." He glared at me through narrowed eyes.

"That little girl in the painting is you." He folded his arms across his chest as if challenging me to ask more.

My whole life flashed through my eyes. Growing up in the basement with my cruel aunt who told me my parents had died, the days of pain and hunger, my best friend Rob who helped me, my escape and the train blast that followed, meeting Mathew on the road and getting a lift to Athens, only to be caught in the middle of a war then ending up in Aberda, meeting Stavros and being accused of being a traitor, working as his maid to prove myself, moving back to this castle only to be treated as guest and now finding a young me on the wall of this abandoned room. Nothing made sense to me and I felt myself break.

I looked back at the painting to see a beautiful young woman holding me with love. She had the same crazy hair like me and her eyes looked full of happiness. It could only mean one thing, she was my mother.

"Is..is she alive?" My lips quivered as I stared at her, feeling an ache in my chest. I longed to be with her. My heart cried as I sat down on the floor all my anger towards Stavros fading away. My voice was bearly audible.

"No."

"My dad?" I asked as I gulped the tears back.

Stavros moved towards the painting adjacent to this one and uncovered it. There I saw a male and a female holding each other in a loving embrace as they gazed into each other's eyes. They were my parents. I stood up as I stared at my dad. He had black hair and pale skin. I got my hazel eyes from him. They both looked good together. I smiled even though I wanted to cry. I smiled because all my life I have wondered who my parents were and I finally got a chance to meet them.

"Is he-"

"No."

Stavros carried on uncovering all the paintings around the room one by one and I followed him. Some were of me with my mum or dad or all of us together. I looked healthy and...happy. So then why don't I remember anything? I looked towards Stavros as he could read my mind and waited for an answer. He made eye contact and I saw a face I have never seen before. A concerned one.

"I did not want you to find out like this." He frustratingly ran his hand through his hair.

"Elise, your memory was wiped at the age of six before you were sent to your Aunt's. You are the last Princess of Aberda."

I was stunned at hearing the words roll out of his mouth. Nothing made sense yet all I could care about was my parents.

'And my parents?' I spoke in my mind because I felt myself break at every piece of information he gave me. If I spoke I knew I would break down and I could not afford that. I had to find out everything.

"I think you should make your way back to our chambers." He spoke as he took a few steps forward. He offered me his hand. I stared at it and then at him before putting my small one in his large warm one. I honestly did not have any energy left to argue.

When our hands connected it sent electricity through my body but he looked unfazed. His face now back to being blank and it made me shocked at how good he was concealing every emotion whereas I was a mess.

However, as soon as I recalled moments from earlier today, I let go of his hand. He can hold hands with his 'dear' Stella. I could feel his gaze on me for a second before he carried on walking. When we reached the west wing of the castle Stavros took a step towards his room before I reached out and stopped him desperately.

"Please. I need to know." I pleaded, my voice almost cracking. Stavros twitched at the sound of my voice and dragged me in his room by my arm.

"Sit." He ordered as his eyes pointed to his bed fuming.

I obeyed him like a helpless cat and sat down exactly where he demanded. He walked outside the door and looked around for someone before coming back inside and locking it. He took a seat across from me on the bed that used to be mine when we shared chambers.

He took a deep breath and released and I held mine for what was to come next.

"There was a time not long ago when Vampires and Werewolves co-existed. Your grandmother was a human and married a werewolf. Then she had your mother who was a human but with werewolf blood running through her. Your mother, however, did not follow your grandmother's footsteps. She fell in love with a...Vampire King. Your dad was the King of Aberda and your mum soon became the Queen of Aberda. Then they had you."

The atmosphere grew very tense as I sunk every piece of information Stavros was feeding me. I never broke eye contact neither did he.

"Then one day your parents were murdered and the Kingdom was broken."

My heart broke and anger fumed inside me. I hoped my parent's murderers were rotting away in a cell or better yet dead.

"Who was it?" I asked breaking the eye contact and looked towards the window in hopes that the dazzling night sky would take away my nightmare. I already had enough nightmares. I thought I was an ordinary person but being a royal would mean that I was going to be involved in deep matters soon.

"The Ebony Claw Pack, Xavier's father the Alpha, murdered the King and Queen." Stavros's face became distorted with anger and emotion what seemed like pain and he stood up abruptly.

I was astounded. Xavier? His father murdered my parents?

"Why would they do that?" I raised my voice as I looked towards Stavros.

"Because his parents wanted to take over Aberda and wanted you to wed their son." He clenched his fists as I stood up too.

A knock came through and Stavros opened The door to reveal a maid who delivered a glass of water and a glass of thick blood.

Stavros brought me the water and I gulped it down greedily. I watched him taking sips of the blood and it made my stomach churn. I looked away immediately.

"How did you become King?" I asked scared. Stavros looked like he was going to break the glass of blood by holding it too tightly.

"My dad and the King were best friends. Someone had to take over the kingdom to take care of the people of Aberda. But that was only after the brutal war that took place and disrupted the peace treaty between Vampires and Werewolves. My dad died in that war."

I could sense and feel his sadness, but I dare not comfort him. He did not deserve my mercy after treating me the way he did. So I let him continue.

"Xavier's parents did not have an easy life after that. They both were cursed and never got the kingdom or ... you. They both passed away." Stavros finished his glass of blood as he looked at me and held me in a fierce stare. This was the first time he was allowing me to see his pain through his eyes.

"Did Xavier know?" I asked.

"Yes." I felt betrayed by Xavier, he knew everything and still he didn't tell me. I felt alone all over again. My parents were dead and left me a kingdom. I was not worthy or capable of running it. I was broken. I felt tears fall and I could feel Stavros stare at me. There was no pity in his eyes though. I wouldn't expect anything more from a ruthless vampire.

"Have we met before?"

"Elise, I wish to rest. Please return to your room." He looked away and walked towards his bed.

"No. I want to know now!" I stood in his way but he kept advancing until he towered over my small frame. I jumped in fear when his strong hands grabbed my arms. I keep forgetting that I am playing with a beast which could prove to be very dangerous.

"Elise, I am one of the strongest vampires left on earth. If I get angry I can kill faster than you can even blink." His breath fanned over the vein in my neck. I closed my eyes as I remembered the time he drank blood from the same vein.

"Go ahead. If it is blood you want in exchange." I bravely wrapped my hands in his hair as he inhaled my sensitive skin. I could feel his canines graze the spot. I pulled his hair as he bit on my neck. He groaned in pleasure and I pulled him closer.

"I know I have met you before," I spoke out of breath.

"I just don't remember it." My body was intimately flushed against him and a million butterflies erupted my stomach. My brain was clouded with ecstasy as he continued drinking from me. His hold on me was tight and I felt like I could stay in his embrace forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 49.9K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
144K 3.6K 30
"Scream for me my sweet" he whispered from behind me as he roughly pulled my head back by my hair. His words and the way he handled me, aroused me m...
511K 14.6K 51
*Mature Content Warning* I rest both my hands against the table. "I'll go on another date with you, if you tell me one thing about yourself that no...
10K 64 38
- So? - I whispered in his ears and I could smell his scent. - What? - Do you feel yourself in danger? - I don't see why should I - he said leani...