The Bodyguard (A Monsta X Fan...

By seastarssaki

Inspired by the completion of the Bodyguard (An EXO Fanfiction), I have decided to make a similar story line... More

Chapter One: A Cover Up
Chapter Two: Coming Home
Chapter Three: First Time for Everything
Chapter Four: Person of Interest
Chapter Five: Fated Encounter
Chapter Six: Thanks for the Meal
Chapter Seven: Call Back
Chapter Eight: Moving In
Chapter Nine: First Day
Chapter Ten: A Day in the Life
Chapter Eleven: Pranks
Chapter Twelve: Vendetta
Chapter Thirteen: BBQ and Ideal Types
Chapter Fourteen: Let's Work Out
Chapter Fifteen: Vacation
Chapter Sixteen: Taking Flight
Chapter Seventeen: Paradise
Chapter Eighteen: Beach Time
Chapter Nineteen: Fins
Chapter Twenty: Party Time
Chapter Twenty One: Hoes in Different Area Codes
Chapter Twenty Two: Octopi and Coffee Dates
Chapter Twenty Three: About Last Night
Chapter Twenty Four: Sushi
Chapter Twenty Five: Stalker
Chapter Twenty Six: Think Again
Chapter Twenty Seven: It Doesn't Translate
Chapter Twenty Eight: Terms of Service
Chapter Twenty Nine: Hiding Place
Chapter Thirty: Kiss and Tell
Chapter Thirty One: Duel
Chapter Thirty Two: Leaving Paradise
Thirty Three: Coffee Prince
Chapter Thirty Four: Barriers
Chapter Thirty Five: Unknown Caller
Chapter Thirty Six: Walk of Shame
Chapter Thirty Seven: A Plan
Chapter Thirty Eight: Revenge
Chapter Thirty Nine: Club
Chapter Forty: See You Later
Chapter Forty One: London
Chapter Forty Two: Amsterdam
Chapter Forty Three: Madrid
Chapter Forty Four: Chicago
Chapter Forty Five: Newark
In Need of Inspiration
Chapter Forty Six: Dallas
Chapter Forty Seven: Spending the Night in Jail
Chapter Forty Eight: Coming Clean
Chapter Forty Nine: Fall Out
Chapter Fifty: Dinner and a Show
Chapter Fifty One: Choi's Anatomy
Chapter Fifty Two: Interview
Chapter Fifty Three: Wanderer
Chapter Fifty Four: Encore
Chapter Fifty Five: Fly Little Bird
Chapter Fifty Six: Scars
Prologue: Home Again
Prologue 2: Where You Been?
Prologue 3: Back and I'm Better
Prologue Four: Lights Out
Wonho
Wonho 2
Hyungwon
Hyungwon 2
Changkyun
Changkyun 2
Changkyun 3
Shownu
Shownu 2
Kihyun
Kihyun 2
Minhyuk
New Story!!
Thanks for 50k!
A Sad Day For Monbebe

Chapter Fifty Seven: Useless Praise

1.3K 56 6
By seastarssaki

'I can't believe that all just happened... I can't believe I just caught the infamous Boss...'

I stared up at the ceiling of the ambulance, medical supplies and the stretcher I laid on shook along with the car as it drove over bump terrain.

My biggest milestone in life had been reached. And I couldn't help wondering...

Now what?

The ambulance pulled up to the hospital, and I was brought back to reality once the paramedics took me out of the car and wheeled me into the hospital.  I soon heard the familiar voices of my friends.

"Jiyeon!"

The seven of the boys got up from their not-so-comfortable seats in the waiting from chased after my stretcher as I was led through the hospital . Their clothes were dirty, somehow worse then they looked after the food fight, from running through the woods. Somehow, they looked wide away and completely exhausted at the same time.

This was probably the most stressful thing they've even gone through, next to No Mercy.

"We called the FBI, just like you said!" Jooheon smiled, showing me the crumpled piece of paper.

I smiled, "Thank you guys, so much." I grimaced at the pain from my shoulder.

"Jiyeon, what happened?" Minhyuk asked once he noticed the blood that covered my shoulder.

"I was shot." I replied.

"We've got to get you into surgery." The nurses cut into the conversation, clearly annoyed, she started wheeling me to ICU.

"Just, hold on a second." I said.

What I had to say next was very important. And it was going to be hard to say.

The nurse huffed, "Fine, hurry up. You've got one minute."

Monsta X crowded around me, mixed emotions on their faces. Half of them looked scared, the other half were relieved that I was mostly okay.

They watched me closely, waiting for my to speak up.

"You guys need to go back to Korea," I said slowly.

"What?!" They yelled in unison, catching the attention of everyone in the lobby.

"We want to stay with you!" Kihyun insisted, placing a hand on my leg.

I shook my head softly, avoiding eye contact.

"But... why?" Shownu asked, voice breaking.

"Because you've been through enough today... I've put you thought enough," I continued, "It's time that you go back to your normal lives... without me."

They exchanged looks. Hyungwon opened his mouth to reply.

If they disagreed, there was no time to argue. The nurses came back and wheeled me towards ICU.

Some Time Later...

"We present you, Choi Jiyeon, with this medal of honor for your bravery in taking down Joseph Aiello, Mafia Crime Boss." The Director beamed to the crowd of onlookers. A mixed crowd of FBI staff, government officials, and family members gathered for this away ceremony. Ever since my accomplishment, the Director was taking credit for being my 'mentor' in the past. All of a sudden this man, that used to be so dismissive towards me, was my biggest fan.

He placed a large, heavy gold medal around my neck.

This was the happiest moment of my life.

Or, I guess it was supposed to be the happiest moment of my life. But only one thing could make it better...

Monsta X.

After the showdown between the Crime Syndicate and myself, I had to go back to my job with the FBI. I was given a huge promotion, and even cash reward! Apparently the bureau was becoming so frustrated with The Boss's escalating crimes that they accumulated a cash incentive for anyone that could turn him in. That person ended up being me.

I was even famous now, after I caught the Boss, my face was plastered all over the news. But that also meant that I couldn't work undercover anymore. Now I was going to be working as a higher-up in the company.

The promotion meant I had to work behind a desk for the rest of my life, but I was the youngest female ever to hold this position.

It was a total win.

I was making strides in this world.

All of my dreams were coming true.

I looked down at the medal around my neck, touching it. It was colder than I imagined it would be. And although the medal made me a hero, I didn't feel like a hero.

I locked eyes with my mom who sat in the front row. There were tears in her eyes and I could tell she was proud of me. (Hell, I was proud of me.)

I smiled at her.

Everything was falling back into place.

But why don't I feel... happy? My heart barely skipped a beat.

I shook the Director's hand before stepping up to the microphone, giving a cookie-cutter acceptance speech. I mentioned my mom and all of the people that "helped" me along the way, and the audience loved it.

But I just didn't feel it in my heart.

I bowed to the crowd before walking off stage. Soon I was shaking hands with some of the most important people in the country. And schmoozed people whose positions I wanted to steal one day.

Once I found a moment of peace, I stole away to the bathroom.

'You, Choi Jiyeon, are a legend now.'

When I looked at my reflection, there was no smile. Just empty eyes.

"How am I already sick of this job?" I chuckled to myself, adjusting my hair.

I glanced at my right shoulder, the one that The Boss shot not so long ago. It was covered in a bandage, and I had to go to routine check-up to make sure I wouldn't get an infection. I was still healing from that day, the only day I had ever taken a bullet.

But I admired the scar, because it showed my strength.

It showed that I was a warrior.

It showed that I could endure anything.

So maybe I would be able to endure this...

"Are you seriously giving up this prestigious job just to follow around a group of cute boys?" The Director of the FBI asked, his face mirroring shock. I had never seen him display this much emotion before.

I smiled to myself, setting my gun and badge down on the table, "Yeah. I am."

"B-but... why?" He asked, "Anyone would dream to be in your position right now!"

He was probably devastated that he wouldn't have any more bragging rights once I was gone.

"I know." I shrugged, "I guess some people think I'm lucky to be here right now, though I've earned every second of this success... But I'm not happy anymore. So I'm going to take your advice and go back to my country, just like you said."

The Director shook his head at me, clearly disappointed. I turned and walked away, fiddling with the medal around my neck.

"You are a fool." He muttered behind my back.

"Am I a fool for doing what makes me happy?" I asked, looking over my shoulder, "Than I guess I am a fool." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330 17 12
"SHIT MY COFFEE!" She exclaimed as her cup of coffee spilled everywhere on her black dress, "Oh. Sorry." The man said with a plain expression as he w...
1.3K 42 30
For your information: This was the first story I wrote and I'm cringing a bit myself while reading this. Yet I won't take it down because it was the...
2.4K 48 17
Chae Hyungwons twin was hidden for years, though she worked as a model. She had to use a fake last name and deal with people telling her she "Looks l...
18.5K 498 27
Y/n is a new student in Seoul, South Korea. She was born and raised in Gwangju, South Korea with her older brother by one year named Chae Hyungwon. H...