Project Ugly// l.h au

By loosends

In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her frien... More

Project Ugly// Luke Hemmings au
0.1// Chemistry
0.2// Luck
0.3// Delivery
0.4// Nerves
0.5// Or Nah
0.6// Lucas
0.7// Angel
0.8// Friendly
0.9// Intoxicated
1.1// Complications
1.2// Vices and Virtues
1.3// Confessions
1.4// Advice
1.5// Slip Ups
1.6// Temporary Bliss
1.7// Revealed
1.8// Don't Wanna Be Your Friend I Wanna Kiss Your Neck
1.9// Stay
2.0// Sugar We're Going Down
2.1// Control
2.2// Pancakes
2.3// Dinner
Please Read!!!!!!
2.4// Prompose
2.5// Prom
2.6// Teenage Drama Queen
2.7// Girl That You Love
2.8// Deadly Conversation
2.9// Holy
3.0// Coming Down
3.1// Strange Love
3.2// She's My Winona
// Character Ask //
// Q&A //
3.3// Life's Not Out to Get You
3.4// Mileage
Epilogue

1.0// The Morning After

13.2K 402 355
By loosends

"You're drunk go to bed," Melody sighed, turning away from Luke. He inched closer to her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. Luke was being way more touchy than usual, but she let it slide since he was wasted.

"You're a good cuddler, Mel," Luke giggled into her neck. "and you smell good."

"So you're sniffing me now?" Mel teased, and Luke's giggling became louder. "Shhhh, you're gonna wake my parents up!"

"We could wake them up with some other kind of noise," Luke snorted, Melody reached around and punched his arm. "I was kind of kidding," Luke mumbled.

"Go to sleep," Melody groaned. What did he mean by, "kind of kidding"?

"I wanna talk," Luke whined, he didn't even know what he wanted to talk about since he couldn't really get his thoughts straight.

"About what?" Melody asked, and checked her phone, "It's three in the morning."

"I dunno, I like talking to you."

"Can we talk when you're not drunk, and it's not three in three in the morning?" Melody pleaded, she was exhausted. As much as she did like talking to Luke, she liked sleeping a bit more.

"Fine, I see how it is," Luke muttered.

"I can practically hear you pouting, Luke," Melody snorted. She was right, Luke was pouting because he wasn't getting his way. Luke didn't answer her, so she giggled. "Goodnight, Luke."

Luke sighed in defeat, "Goodnight, Mel."

He placed a light kiss to her hair, and Melody tensed up. Flashing lights and sirens were going off in her head. Friends did not do that, right? Of course she was wide awake now, and Luke was already quietly snoring.

Now she was fully aware of Luke's arms wrapped around her, and how close his lips were to her neck. She was blushing now, too. She seriously needed to get it together, and go to sleep. The last time she checked the time it was almost five, she fell asleep shortly after that.

Luke woke up in a complete panic. It took him a minute to realize that he was safe, at Melody's. After the panic resided, he felt sick to his stomach. He rolled off Mel's bed, and onto her floor. Puking on the floor was slightly better than on her bed, right? He didn't want to wake her up unless it was absolutely necessary, she had probably had enough of his annoying ass last night.

When Melody woke up to feel that Luke wasn't still beside her on her bed, she kind of freaked out. In the same minute she had woken up, she had lunged off her bed towards her bedroom door. Her eyes hadn't even properly adjusted yet, and while scrambling off her bed she almost kicked Luke in the head. She stopped at the door when she had realized he was sitting on the floor with his head in his hands.

"What was all that about?" He asked quietly.

"Thought you went out there," she mumbled, she still wasn't fully awake. She actually didn't even know what the time was. She shuffled over to her bed to find her phone, it was half past nine. Her parents were long gone. "Why are you on the floor?" She asked.

"I felt sick," he shrugged and looked up from his hands.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Melody felt bad now, how long had he been sitting there?

"I felt bad? I don't know," he sighed, "can I go to the bathroom though? I don't want to puke all over your room."

Melody laughed, and nodded. Luke slowly followed her out of the room, his head was pounding, and he was pretty sure he was going to throw up any second.

"I would hold your hair back for you but you don't have much, and I'm not good with puke, so good luck," she grimaced.

Luke nodded and stumbled into the bathroom. He was so sick, he honestly couldn't bring himself to move off of the bathroom floor. He didn't even know why he drank so much, it always left him feeling like shit in the morning.

"Mel," Luke called, his voice was strained, and he had made his head pound even more.

Melody appeared in the doorway a few seconds later, she wrinkled her nose up in disgust. Probably at the smell, or at how much of a mess Luke looked.

"What's wrong?"

"Advil," he whined, and Melody went to the cabinet and found the bottle for him. She also poured him a cup of water, and sat next to him on the tile floor while he took the pills. "Thanks, I'm sorry about this," Luke frowned. He was upset with himself because he had put Melody in this situation. She was forced to play baby sitter for him, and Luke felt horrible about it.

"I made you go to the party," Melody reminded him.

"You're right, this is all you're fault," Luke teased. It was still Luke's fault for getting absolutely shit faced, though.

"Let's go make you hangover food," Melody smiled, and helped Luke up from the floor. He had been sitting there so long his legs were stiff, and his back ached so badly that he felt like an old man. Melody had already started walking to the kitchen, but turned back when she noticed he wasn't following her. Luke was literally doing yoga in her bathroom, and Melody couldn't help but laugh at him.

"I'm sore!" He explained.

"You're seventeen, not eighty-three," she giggled. Luke groaned, and stalked out of the bathroom. Melody followed behind him, and watched him dramatically sit down on a chair at the kitchen table. "Do you like bacon?" She asked, looking through her fridge. Melody knew a lot about hangovers, and bacon was the holy grail of hangover food. (a/n: i know lucas is 18 but he's still in school here so 17 it is)

"What kind of question is that?" Luke snorted, seriously who didn't like bacon.

"Dunno, you could have been a vegetarian or something," she shrugged.

Luke cringed, he needed meat in his life, plants could never cut it for him. Melody was putting her hair up in a bun, and getting everything ready to start cooking. Luke had to admit she looked kind of cute. She kept jumping back whenever the bacon grease made a popping sound, and Luke would bite his lip and look away to keep from laughing. He couldn't blame her though, because hot grease was literally lethal.

Melody set a huge plate of bacon in front of Luke on the table, and Luke would have went weak at the knees if he was standing up.

"If you eat all of that while I'm making coffee, I will not hesitate to end you," she warned, grabbing a piece of bacon. Luke nodded, since he had already stuffed a piece in his mouth. "Do you want a cup?"

"Yeah, please," Luke was so grateful that Melody had let him stay here, this was the best hangover care he had ever recieved. He usually ended up in Michael's basement with a bucket, some crackers, and a water. Not that Luke was complaining, anything was better than going home and being screamed at by Liz.

Melody walked over to the table with two cups in her hands, she was walking ridiculously slow but she had a thing about not wanting to be burned by scorching hot coffee. Luke was laughing at her, but she was too concentrated on the cups to tell him to shut up. She set them down and smiled, proud that she hadn't burned herself once making breakfast.

"You're such a dork," Luke laughed, and put some sugar into his cup.

"Sorry about not wanting to get third degree burns," she scoffed, and rolled her eyes. Luke sipped his coffee, and Melody looked at him in awe and utter disgust. "Are you drinking your coffee black?"

"Um, yeah?"

"That is literally so gross, I can't believe you," she cried.

"You're judging me on the way I drink my coffee?" Luke asked, amused. He took another sip of the coffee, and smirked. Melody winced, black coffee was absolutely awful. People that drank black coffee obviously had no taste buds.

"Yes! It's so unnatural," she stated, "and it tastes like ass."

Luke laughed, "then I guess I like ass coffee. Melody rolled her eyes at him, and took a sip of her coffee (which had cream and two sugars in it so it didn't taste like ass.)

After Luke and Melody had fought over who would get the last piece of bacon, (Melody did,) they decided to have a Harry Potter marathon. Luke had only seen the first three, which seriously upset Melody almost as much as the black coffee. They started with the first movie to jog Luke's memory of the story line. Melody had read the books, and seen all the movies multiple times. She practically could recite the dialogue in the movies.

Luke spent most of the time watching Melody's reactions instead of the actual movie. Her facial expressions were priceless, and it was kind of cute that she was really into the movies. Luke had been thinking she was kind of cute a lot lately, and it was making him uncomfortable. But he was finding it hard to think otherwise, because seriously, she was so frickin cute. He convinced himself that he thought she was cute in a friend way.

Melody was about to put in the fourth movie when someone knocked on her door. Melody furrowed her eyebrows and shuffled over to the door, she wasn't expecting anyone. But who else could it have been besides Nikki and Autumn.

"You haven't answered any of our messages, so we decided to come see if you were alive or not," Nikki said, as Melody opened the door.

"Uh, sorry. I was having a Harry Potter marathon," Mel shrugged. "Luke hasn't seen them all."

Autumn and Nikki's eyes widened, and Melody raised an eyebrow at them both.

"He's still here?" Autumn whispered, peering around Melody to see Luke sprawled out on one of the couches. "Oh my God! He is!" She shrieked.

"Why is this such a big deal?" Melody asked, confused. It wasn't like her and Luke hanging out was a shock to anybody.

"Nothing, it's nothing. Go back to your movie date," Nikki spoke, and lightly pushed Melody back into her house.

"It's not a date," she groaned. Her friends nodded, and waved their hands dismissively.

"Have fun," Autumn smirked. Nikki laughed, and they both started to walk away.

"Bye," Melody huffed, and closed the door.

She walked back to Luke who actually looked very interested in the movie. Melody was pleased, and sat down next to him.

"Is that the guy from Twilight?" Luke asked pointing to Rob Pattinson, who was playing Cedric Diggory in the movie.

"Yeah, that's him. Except he looks much hotter in this," Melody told Luke. He decided not to comment on that, because he wasn't exactly seeing what was so hot about this guy.

Luke had been ignoring his phone vibrating throughout the whole movie, so when it finally ended he pulled it out. He had six missed calls from his mum, and a text from his brother saying he was in a ton a trouble. Luke had totally forgotten to tell his mum where he was, and now she was probably ready to call a search party on to find him. He dialed her number, and anxiously waited for her to answer the phone.

"Where are you?" Was the first thing Liz said, her voice was eerily calm. Luke had really pissed her off this time.

"Melody's," he gulped.

"Really? Is it that hard to send me a text or give me a call to tell me where you are?" She asked.

"No, I just haven't looked at my phone," Luke mumbled.

"It's almost four in the afternoon, and you're telling me you haven't looked at your phone?" Liz seethed. Luke was digging himself a hole.

"We've been watching movies," he said, rubbing his sweaty palm on his jeans. Melody was sitting quietly, and patiently waiting for Luke to be done with his phone call.

"Luke, you know how worried I get," As if he needed to be reminded.

"I know, Mum, I'm sorry," Luke apologized.

"Are you really at Melody's?" She asked after a long pause.

"Yeah, Mel, say hi," Luke held his phone out to Melody.

"Hi, Mrs. Hemmings," Melody spoke into Luke's phone. He placed it back to his ear, and his mum sighed.

"Since I like her I'm going to let this slide," Liz sighed, "but don't let it happen again," she warned.

"It won't. Thank you, mum," Luke beamed, Melody had basically just gotten Luke out of trouble, so he was thrilled.

"I love you, be good," Liz added.

"Love you too," Luke said, quietly. Liz ended the phone call shortly after. Melody was smirking at Luke, and he already knew what it was about.

"Aw lil' mama's boy!" She cooed, and went to pinch his cheeks.

"Shut up," he groaned, and lightly slapped her hands away.

"You're not even going to deny it?" She giggled. Luke shook his head, it was easier to accept the fact that he was a mama's boy than fight it. "So cute, Lucas."

Her eyes widened the second the words came out. Luke grinned, and waited for her to say something.

"I meant like, cute as in like, um, like, baby cute, like pinch your cheeks, ya know?" She babbled, her cheeks gradually turning a deeper shade of pink as she spoke.

"Is that so?" Luke asked, smugly.

"You know what I meant!" She protested, looking away from Luke.

"Whatever you say, babe," he laughed.

"Don't be mean," she pouted. Luke snorted, the rolls were reversed now.

"Don't pout, Melody," Luke tried imitating her in a high voice.

"I don't even sound like that!"

"I don't even sound like that!" Luke mocked.

Melody grabbed one of the decorative couch pillows and threw it at Luke. He contemplated his next move, and he decided to tickle her. He lunged forward before she knew what was going on, and grabbed at her sides. She was laughing, and screaming at the same time. It was pretty funny to watch.

"Luke!" She screamed, and tried to kick at him to get him to stop. It was no use, he had her legs pinned underneath him. "This is torture!" She yelled between breaths. She tried squirming away from him but in the process her leg rubbed up against his part where the sun don't shine.

Luke froze, but didn't move from his position. Melody was panting underneath him, and now Luke was thinking some very dirty thoughts. He bit his lip and tried to divert his thoughts away from where they were now.

Which wasn't too hard to achieve, since Melody's mum had barged through the front door, and was stomping her way over to them.

------------

Hi ok so I wrote this on my phone so I have no idea how long this is, so sorry if it's really short. Also sorry I haven't updated in a while, I couldn't figure out how I wanted this chapter to go. I also made a trailer for this but I decided I didn't like it so I'm redoing the whole thing oops. 

Idk what Melody and Luke's ship name would be????? Lelody? Lulody???? Lel????? Lul??? Becuase Muke is already taken by mICHAEL AND LUKEEEE. Ugh difficult idk someone help.

I go back to school in three days pls send help, also I'm getting my hair done on Monday so be prepared to hear about that. I'm hoping it's not a complete disaster but it usually is.

Well I love you lots. Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting! Y'all are the best (-: ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1,000 READS!!!!!!!!

-Amanda

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 227 44
[completed but spelling, grammar and slight edits in progress] in which a girl who wants to please the world and not feel so alone meets a boy who pu...
379 30 31
492K 7.9K 80
In which a boy dreams about a girl he's sure he's never seen before