Mating Season, A Sequel

By WolfTamer13

This book is a sequel to my other book (Mating Season) in case you can't tell by the title. Hey guys! Wolf is... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Quick Update
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Four

1.1K 29 21
By WolfTamer13

A/N: Alright... generous, wonderful, caring people that read this fanfic... I'm so sorry, but I'm sick. I need a few days before I can post again... I'm really sorry. Give me 4-6 days please... Please don't be mad!

Sting heard a crunch sound behind him and turned, finding Rogue fighting against Gray in an ice dome.

Sting soon realized that Rogue had no shadows to melt into.

That was part of his main fighting technique.

Sting felt worry pick up inside him and all of the sudden he ran off from his fifth with Natsu, making the Fire Dragon Slayer let out a confused sound.

Sting gathered his power and slammed it against the dome that Gray had made.

It crumbled underneath his power and Sting turned toward the man that had created that wall. The man that had tried to hurt Rogue. His Rogue. His Mate.

Sting saw red and charged, power flaring up around him in a fury of strength and rage.

Gray's eyes widened but he deflected Sting's first attack despite his surprise.

Rogue looked confused for a moment, but he appeared beside Sting and the two advanced on Gray.

Rogue suddenly, and surprisingly, grabbed onto Sting's hand.

The Light Dragon Slayer normally would have glanced at him in confusion (and pleasure) but he was too busy raging.

They'd done these a few times... but they'd never been willing to open themselves up fully to do it right (considering that they feared it would make them show their emotions to their crushes).

A combined move.

"Light Dragon..."

"And Dark Dragon..."

"ROARS!"

Nobody was sure who had said which words. It was equally likely that Sting had called on the Dark Dragon and Rogue on the Light. It was also possible they had spoken as one.

Because that's what they were.

In this moment, they were one.

They were whole.

The Light and Dark mixing together.

Yin and yang.

Two puzzle pieces that had finally met their match.

And their powers showed this.

They melded together and swirled into one attack, slamming against the, very, unlucky Mage by the name of Gray Fullbuster.

The Maker Mage slammed against the wall of the stadium, but there was no sound heard upon his impact.

It was far too loud with the raging roars that the two Dragon Slayers made.

If it could be called that anymore.

Any scholars in the stands would have been floored.

This was the kind of cooperation and precision that should not have been possible for two people to accomplish as one.

But, as usual, the Dragon Slayers didn't seem to care too much about logic.

When the power subsided, Gray was left laying on the ground, quite clearly unconscious.

That's when Natsu was released from his haze.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY GRAY?!" Natsu shouted, sprinting towards the two.

For a moment it seemed as if the Fire Dragon Slayer forgot all about his powers.

He was in a primal sort of rage as he barreled forward, somehow tackling both the Sabertooth Mages to the ground.

He remembered his powers a moment later and his fists were alright with flames.

He punched the two, eyes going slightly crazed as he thought of his Mate.

Natsu continued to pummel the two slightly younger Dragon Slayers.

Sting, grunting and bleeding, curled up around Rogue to protect him from Natsu's angry attack.

Natsu glanced up and saw Gray being hauled away by the workers.

Natsu let out a growl before taking a deep breath.

"FIRE DRAGON SLAYER... ROAR!"

Natsu filled the attack with his rage and slammed it against the two of them.

When the dust settled, both of them were unconscious.

Natsu scrambled to his feet, despite his extreme exhaustion at the open, and sprinted off after where they had dragged Gray off.

"AND NATSU DRAGNEEL TAKES THE WIN FOR TEAM FAIRY TAIL A!" The announcer shouted.

Natsu didn't care too much at the moment as he chased after his Mate.

He knew the Maker Mage had to be somewhere in the infirmary already...

He sprinted down the hallways to the Fairy Tail Team A ward and skidded to a stop.

"Where's my Gray?!" Natsu cried at the poor intern that was cowering at the man's shouting.

"D-does th-there." The man stuttered, pointing a shaky finger down to the right.

Natsu sprinted forward towards where the intern had pointed at.

He burst in and saw Gray, still unconscious, laying on the bed.

He let out a breath and flipped onto the seat beside the bed to watch him.

Natsu planned to never leave his side until he woke up.

He was really worried about him...

Dang it but he loved that Mage.

Gray shifted a bit and Natsu grabbed onto his hand and held it worryingly.

Gray's eyes fluttered open and he looked over at his boyfriend.

"Hey, Flamebrain..." He said weakly, giving him a small smile, but he was clearly in pain.

"Hey, Popsicle. How you feeling?" Natsu asked, eyeing him with more than a bit of worry.

"Alright," Gray said noncommittally.

"Sorry," Gray whispered after a moment, remembering why he was there.

Natsu's eyes flashed with anger and Gray felt sure he was going to be angry with Gray for being knocked out so early.

"I took care of them for you, Gray. They paid."

Gray was surprised as he looked at his boyfriend.

"What exactly happened?" Gray questioned.

"Well... after they went two v. one on you," Natsu's eyes flashed with dangerous anger, "I knocked them both out. We won."

Gray chuckled and felt very happy that his boyfriend was so protective of him.

"That's great. Sorry I wasn't too much help," Gray apologized.

Natsu waved it off with one of his hands.

"Don't worry."

There was a long moment where the two just looked at each other, smiling.

Gray reached over and grabbed onto Natsu's face with his hand and pulled him forward (despite the pain) to give him a long, passionate kiss.

Natsu was smiling a bit goofily back at him.

Their fellow guild members burst in soon after to congratulate them on their winning, but the two Mages just looked at each other and smiled knowingly.

<><><>

Sting awoke and instantly thought of his Mate.

He looked to the side and found his boyfriend lying on the other bed, looking at him.

Sting sat up, but he groaned as he did so.

Rogue gave him a worried look.

"Be careful!" Rogue chastised, getting up and sitting down beside Sting.

"You were hurt pretty bad." The Dragon Slayer said, pushing him back down so his head was on the pillow again.

"You seem pretty alright," Sting said, trying to sit back up.

Rogue intensified the pressure on his shoulder until he had no choice but to lie back down.

"Of course I am. You protected me."

Sting had a flashback to the fight and remembered that he had indeed practically lied down on Rogue to protect him from Natsu's roar.

"Oh yeah," Sting said, groaning and he laid back down.

This meant he got the right to complain.

Sting dramatically sighed and Rogue stared at him.

"Just a minute ago you were trying to stand up. Where'd all that strength of yours go?" Rogue asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, that was when I thought you were hurt too. I had to be tough then." Sting said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Rogue sighed at the words and shook his head sufferingly.

Sting grinned back at him and shifted a bit in the hospital bed so that he was closer to Rogue.

The Dark Dragon Slayer took a moment to deliberate before laying back and allowing Sting to cuddle up beside him.

"I guess this makes me the alpha, right?" Sting asks as he wraps an arm around Rogue's shoulders.

The dark-haired Dragon Slayer blushed a bit at the words.

Rogue grunted noncommittally in response to Sting's, more or less, rhetorical question.

"Ooooh! That makes you the omega!" He said, eyes lighting up.

Rogue's darkened (as did his cheeks as he blushed).

"Perhaps," Rogue responded quietly, trying to sound dignified.

Of course he failed.

Sting laughed and pulled Rogue closer to him.

"That's just great," Sting said, smirking at the conversation they were having.

Rogue sighed.

Despite his frustration with the Sabertooth guild Master, he hoped he'd get better soon.

Preferably before the final day of competition.

There was supposed to be an all out battle that day.

<><><>

Millianna felt Kagura shift beside her and glanced at her girlfriend.

She was sad that the girl was waking up.

She looked so peaceful when she slept.

Yukino and Minerva were both in the same hospital room, but they were asleep still.

Kagura looked up at Millianna, their eyes making contact.

"You look so cute when you're sleeping," Millianna whispered, grinning.

Kagura's face reddened at the words.

Millianna loved that she could still make Kagura blush like that.

"Yeah... whatever." The Gravity Mage responded.

Millianna snuggled up beside her girlfriend.

Kagura grunted at the close proximity.

"Oh, don't pretend that you don't like it. I know for a fact that you do!" Millianna said, smirking.

Kagura reddened a bit darker and shook her head at the words.

Millianna curled up closer to her and smiled contently.

"I hope you're feeling better," Millianna said, sighing at the words.

"I am," Kagura said, holding her head high and trying to not look embarrassed.

"Good! Because I'd have to go all protective and beat up Erza if you weren't."

Millianna giggled at her own words and Kagura tried not to smile.

She failed.

Millianna smirked at making her girlfriend smile.

That was no small feat in and of itself.

Millianna knew she shouldn't say what she was thinking... it was far too early...

But she needed to.

It was so true.

She needed to let Kagura know this super important fact as soon as possible.

"I love you," Millianna whispered quietly.

Kagura went rigid at the words and looked down at Millianna with wide eyes.

Millianna tried not to show how worried she felt at the moment.

She put on a wide smile and moved closer.

Kagura gulped and looked around for a moment as if looking for someone to ambush her.

Kagura took a deep, shuddering breath.

"I love you, too, Millianna." She whispered as softly as she possibly could.

Millianna felt her smile become real, starting to giggle and looking at her girlfriend.

Kagura's face was still red.

The two had a long moment, both just looking into each other's eyes for the time.

Then Yukino and Minerva shifted on the other infirmary bed.

Kagura blushed deeply again and looked away from her girlfriend.

Yukino set her head on Minerva's shoulder.

It wasn't too difficult to tell who was the omega and who was the alpha in that couple (something that could probably not be said about Millianna and Kagura).

Minerva and Kagura made eye contact before they both tried to stand.

Both of their girlfriends started to help them, although they were much better at that point.

Neither of the stubborn (and admittedly bullheaded) girls wanted to look weak in front of the other.

Millianna and Yukino exchanged suffering looks as they were forced to come along and help their respective girls.

"Dealing with them is like herding cats..." Millianna grumbled, though she almost found herself giggling at the metaphor.

She glanced at Kagura and saw the girl sigh and shake her head.

Of course she was a bit upset with that comment.

She'd never been one for those kind of jokes...

But Millianna had thought it was funny.

Yukino clearly clearly did too as she giggled beside Minerva.

While Millianna and Yukino quietly started to complain about their headstrong girlfriends, Minerva and Kagura exchanged a suffering look over their heads.

•••

The two couples made it to their rooms soon after.

Millianna immediately wrapped her arms around Kagura and pulled her closer, determined to comfort the other girl.

Kagura started to pull away, grumbling, but she stopped herself as she looked at Millianna.

That decision spoke volumes to Millianna.

Kagura really did trust her enough to be gentle around her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 512 129
This is a collection of Lucy Heartfilia ship oneshots that I write myself. Please see the first page for the rules. REQUESTS ARE CLOSED! I do not ow...
9.4K 162 13
CheNdy, GraTsu, CanaJane, FrAxus, Minor GaLe and ErLu No lemons
2.6K 77 17
《Sequel to Mating Season》 It has been twenty years since five couples got married. In those twenty years ten kids were born, two to each couple. Nats...
216K 5.3K 25
This story features an OP (Y/n), who is a Fairy Tail mage. She follows the Fairy Tail storyline with the occasional original content. Oh and another...