Garnet Oath

By SilverArdour

He understood the pull between two souls, and have no desire to behave like the rest who are broken or turn d... More

Chapter 1: Veni, Vidi, Amavi
Chapter 2: Arbitrium
Chapter 3: Torpens

Chapter 4: Forest, Fortune, Adiuvat

21 0 0
By SilverArdour

Disclaimer: Mine.

Tranalation: "Fortune favours the brave."

Have you considered my offer?" A deep yet melodic voice assulted his ears. The prince merely look up from his newspaper and breakfast to give the vampire...no whatever creature this is a withering glare. He made the mistake of calculating too much and end up not sleeping the whole night, any miscalculation he made just because he lacked rest can lead to mistakes. Mistakes that could effect millions of life. This is why he hated the life of a royal, often it's more burden than anything good.

The man dressed in all black, including his loafers save for the pair of grey jeans. The simple V neck t shirt cling nicely to his muscular form. With long sleeve rolled up and the end tucked into the well fitted jeans.

"Aside from your name, what is your whole race called?" He asked while the another sat down in front of him. A bit more time to think, that is all that he need.

"We do not have a name. We lost it and our old selves. Ancient civilization would called us many names such as Nala, Nhyt, Nukhraya, Layil. Other species were called Asmata, Al-Hinn, Atlanteans."

"You are Atlantean?"

"No." The male look at him, obviously offended.

"Well, I would at least what to know what you are."

If you will be a threat in someway beyond normal ones.

"Oh, why? Afraid of me?" He purred again, his grin slowly spread until it revealed a row of white teeth and a pair of fangs. Unfortunately, they were slightly hidden from the breakfast room crowd, or else he would love an excuse to wipe the man's smug, arrogant look.

"If you agree, I will sated your curiosity by bringing you to meet the rest of my people. We have an annual meeting soon. It will be held in public hotel and your safety is guaranteed."

Now he felt as if the vampire is mocking him. Tiny fragile creature, so concern about their safety as if death will not come to them sooner or later.

Immortal bastard

"Either Four Season or Shangri-La hotel. I will contact you about it later"

Immortal rich bastard

The prince let out a sighed, "A verbal agreement is nothing. At least come down to my room again, so we can create a temporary alliance that is black and white."

"Certainly." The man shrug and took a bite of his bacon. Alvah notice the slight cringe and there is a certain question that have been playing in his head for some time,

"What about other vampires? You told me you are not one. Do they know of you?"

The man paused before continue eating. The prince swore he could feel the disgust emitting from the male with every food that touches his lips.

"They do not because we hide and blend in but in a way we created the first vampires. They are what comes when some of us lay with childrens of Lilith.

Long time ago, we can almost interbreed with any species we want but it was as if a curse is placed on the line, they are all damned in some way. The mated ones are fine but it is always only within our own race save for a few.

Wars have been waged due to our emotion and greed, there are still crater, lands that are now barren or flat. Emotions are overwhelming once it came to exist. We killed each other and other races, this Earth was soaked in blood of many." The eyes dulled, dimmed in grief, even the power that would withering, as if a beast caged waiting to be released so it can consume everything stilled. The man continued,

"I don't know if the slaughter and extinction we brought ourselves were necessary but creatures would sprang out of the dead bodies of some race. Islands, land mass, water bodies, one created the ocean its self, sinking most of the lands."

The creation myth

"Are you going to tell me some of you are mated with angels as well?" Ignoring the slaughter part, Alvah didn't feel like it would be wise to get himself killed this early of the day.

The male answered the question as if its nothing, like it was a norm "We fucked yes but only one is mated because my kin lost his another half. The angel saved him by forging a bond.

And its fallen angels. The angels above are pure. They have no purpose to fall."

"Are they any different?" He asked again.

"No, they are both terrifying things, true form and mental wise . I would not want to met any of the two."

Interesting

"I can see you already formed some sort of plans to met the one who are fated partners to my kin and I will tell you to forget about it."

"What? Why?" He had some more questions if he ever meet one.

"One, I haven't heard from both in millenniums. Two, angels are...different. My race does not think nor function with logic like yours. We can learn but we will always be different.

Angels? Even more. They are created by God and they are created different. I saw one killed a child nothing more because he will be a possible threat in the future. Then walk away as if it was merely changing the weather, his partner was shocked but he could not comprehend the grief. No remorse. Yet you humans made stories of redemption. You think you will fare well if you met him and have conversations?"

Alvah froze, killed a child. He heard tales of angels being emotionless but...right now so many emotions and questions are in his mind. He thought he would be sated by one or two simple questions but..

"What about the cave paintings found around the worlds? Why do they look so...primitive and simple if your civilization are so advance?"

The male stopped eating. The power inside his eyes wither as if asking to be let out, "Primitive humans made them." He spoke quietly while his eyes bore into the prince. Alvah shudder because he feel as if the being can look into his soul but the prince stiffen when he realised something.

"What do you mean primitive humans made them? You could not be that old."

"The Earth age is nearly 5 billion years old Prince Alvah."

The oldest related species of human bones found were merely 300 000 years old. They were still primitive back then.

The prince felt a chill run down his spine as the blood in his face drained. His whole body felt cold when he asked another question.

"Are you telling me you are older?... The Earth barely formed that time."

"Who said we couldn't live in that condition? There are organism who started and became more complex around 4 billion years. How would these scientists humans know what exist and not?" The being pose back a question to him.

"Barthelome how old are you?" He breathed out, his voice small and quiet due to fear.

"Old." Was his answer, "Some called us Pre-Adamite races." He said in a careful quietness.

"Impossible- The prince about to stood up. He wanted to bolt, this is far beyond his helping when he chocked. He couldn't move. It wasn't from feeling the pressure or weight of power or his body control being taken away, he simply couldn't move.

"Sit down and listen to me...please. You do not know the help I need yet. Do you understand what it meant for me to beg for your help, Prince Alvah?"

He cursed so much when he sat down obediently.

Oh shitshitshitshitshit. Fuck,god, fucking god.

He couldn't move, this is something else. His body is not even his own, he just follow the man's order and request willingly. His mind was at peace with only a slight panic but only because he realised it. Realised he isn't willing before he noticed he can talk again.

"What the fu-

"I am not forcing you. I am begging for audience. I am begging, Alvah." His name was spoken with such pleading, sensuality and caress, if he were a lover he would have melted. No wonder they when they let their desire reign free other races had succumb to it.

"Think, we will grant any wish you have as long as you help me look for the rest of my kin. Anything is possible because of how old we are and the knowledge we have. That's it. Only two of my kin are capable to withstood daytime, the rest of them could not. Our time is limited that way but we need someone who can assist and have honor. Someone who can expand our sources."

He must have saw the reluctance in the prince eyes as he cut the man off before he could say anything.

"My kins are falling into a deep sleep. We can't wake them up and they are trapped in their own body while slowly loosing their concious thoughts. Your modern humans would called it a coma but its more than that. I know. I know because some of them communicate with me via dreams and telepathy of where they are and possibly the others have hidden themselves. They didn't go willingly Alvah. Please, help me." He breath out, those ancient eyes looking at him. Pleading and prostrating himself like this. The little time Alvah had to beg, it had cut him deep. What would it do to a being as old as time?

"Why me?" He breathed out the question in agony.

"Because I like what I saw." The being stated simply.

"Fuck." He breathes out as he covered his face with his hands.

"Please?" The being asked in a small quiet voice. Almost as if an innocent child asking.

"Stop." The prince moaned in agony as he looked up to the being. His face must have written his defeat as the pair of alien eyes brighten. His face barely twitched except for the small victorious smile on his lips. Before the man can say anything the prince stood up with a slight clatter from his utensils,

"Room. Now." He chocked and glared at the man. When facing something unknown always get angry. It rids of fear and as someone wise once said, anger gets shit done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 122K 43
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
655K 54.6K 32
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...