Thinking of Your Skin: The Tr...

By 5hmash

After four years on a dramatic rollercoaster of emotions, it looked like Camila and Lauren were finally done... More

Chapter 1: Where Were We?
Chapter 2: Oh Captain, My Captain
Chapter 3: Late Nights
Chapter 4: Doomed in Hotel Rooms
Chapter 5: No Control
Chapter 6: Champagne and Takis
Chapter 7: The Show Must Go On
Chapter 8: Reflection
Chapter 9: Bare with Me
Chapter 10: Driving the Wedge
Chapter 11: Come Fly with Me
Chapter 12: Why Don't You Care?
Chapter 13: We Said, She Said
Chapter 14: Independence Day
Chapter 15: Just A Feeling
Chapter 16: The Shadow
Chapter 17: Find You
Chapter 18: Say My Name
Chapter 19: The Aftermath
Chapter 20: Heart Into Art
Chapter 21: Its Not A Date
Chapter 22: Four Against One
Chapter 23: Tokyo Talks
Chapter 24: Separate Ways
Chapter 25: Let's Talk
Chapter 26: Electric City
Chapter 27: Wandering
Chapter 28: Telephone
Chapter 29: Through the Fire
Chapter 30: She Loves Control
Chapter 31: The Great Escape
Chapter 32: Are We Done Here?
Chapter 33: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 34: An Unlikely Duo
Chapter 35: White Noise
Chapter 36: Real Friends
Chapter 37: Reevaluation
Chapter 38: Delicate
Chapter 39: Lonely Night
Chapter 40: Back to December
Chapter 41: I'm Just Curious
Chapter 42: Rough Waters
Chapter 43: Still
Chapter 44: The Hiatus
Chapter 45: Love Yourself
Chapter 46: The Messenger
Chapter 47: Tequila Sunrise
Chapter 48: Something's Gotta Give
Chapter 49: Never Be The Same
Chapter 50: Coming Home
Chapter 51: Dive
Chapter 52: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 53: Unstoppable
Chapter 54: The AMA's
Chapter 55: Worth It
Chapter 56: #Camren
Chapter 58: The Seed of Doubt
Chapter 59: Paranoid
Chapter 60: Good Weird
Chapter 61: Body Rock
Chapter 62: The Good Place
Chapter 63: Written on the Moon
1/12/2020
Book Three

Chapter 57: Girls Interrupted

2.4K 47 78
By 5hmash

PART 7

October 26th, 2018

5:00 P.M.

Camila

"Hi, babe." her raspy voice rang out through the phone.

"Hiiii." I replied somewhat half-heartedly.

"How are you?"

"Fine. How are you, baby?"

"You don't sound totally fine."

"I am."

"Are you as fine as you look?"

"Yeah, I guess so.", I scoffed, "Since apparently I look fat and ugly."

"Woah, woah, what is happening?"

"Ugh, nothing, Lauren. Just social media being mean, again."

"People are calling you fat and ugly?" she said, shock present in her tone.

"Might as well be."

"Baby, what's going on?"

I sighed heavily and plopped down onto my bed, focusing my eyes on the ceiling above me.

"Does my body seem...different to you?" I asked.

"Different? Camila, I-" she began.

"Have I gained weight?" I interrupted, skipping straight to the point.

"Like...since I've known you?"

I furrowed my brow, my eyes widening as I sat up in my bed.

"Lauren, you're supposed to say no right away!" I whined.

"No I'm not." she responded.

"You're not?"

"I'm supposed to be honest with you."

"Little white lies exist for a reason, Lauren!"

"You know what line really sticks out to me in 'Consequences'?"

"Do not try and change the subject."

"The line where you say 'lost a little weight because I wasn't eating'."

My mouth shut into a firm line as I let her words sink in. Maybe she wasn't changing the subject?

"Huh?" I asked.

"That line fucking breaks my heart every time, Camila.", she said sternly, "I don't want you not eating or losing sleep or living anything other than the healthiest lifestyle you can live."

"But-"

"So, yes, you've gained weight. You've gained weight because you're actually eating and living and just fucking being, babe. You're healthy and happy and beautiful, and that's all that you should be focused on."

I couldn't fight the smile growing on my face. How did she do that? How did she make all of my insecurities melt away in the blink of an eye; without even denying that I had gained weight?

"Lauren..." I began, not even sure how to thank her.

"Also, for the record, this isn't even something I noticed.", she said, cutting me off again, "Only that fucking line in your song made me notice it, and only in the best way possible...because you're back to you, babe. You're not fat and you're certainly not ugly. Jesus. I can't even believe you thought that for a second."

"Well, people thought I was pregnant!"

"What?" she laughed.

"It's not funny." I pouted.

"Wait, wait. They think it's Matthew's kid? That shit's hilarious, babe, I'm sorry."

"Lauren, stop!" I complained, but couldn't fight the small smirk growing on my face.

"Hey, I've already been a good girlfriend and established that you're gorgeous. Now, I can laugh about the ridiculousness of the situation."

"My feelings aren't ridiculous."

"I didn't say that."

"It was implied."

"Implications are formed in your own head, my love."

"Can I see you?"

"May I."

"Shutup. I'm facetiming you."

"Wait. It's not really the best time."

"Too late."

With that, I chuckled to myself as I clicked the FaceTime button. If she really couldn't talk, she would just decline it, anyway. It only took two rings for her to accept my request. My eyes widened the second I saw her image pop up on the screen.

"What the fuck?" I giggled.

"I told you it wasn't the best time." she said with a bashful smile.

Lauren was sporting blue and red eye shadow, one color on each eye, along with bright red lipstick and, the kicker, a platinum blonde wig. I could see someone's hand move into the frame with a black marker ready to decorate Lauren's face even further.

"Where are you? What's happening?" I laughed.

"Halloween is happening." she smirked.

"Not for another five days, it's not."

"Yeah, well, Ashley's having a Halloween party tonight and so I'm going."

"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"It all just sort of...happened yesterday..."

..............................................................

October 25th, 2018

2:00 P.M.

Lauren

"Man, I'm just not really in the mood. Can't I skip one damn event?" I huffed.

"Not two days after your first single was released, you can't.", my manager, Dan, replied, "Besides, it's Ashley's party. You know she'd love for you to be there."

"I'm not a fan of you using people I care about to get me to do things. It makes it impossible to say no."

"And that, my dear, is exactly why it must be done. Cheer up! It'll be fun."

"Yeah. More pretending to be dating my ex. Real fun."

"Look, you'll snap a few pics and then just get to hang out with everyone! It'll be fun, I promise. Plus, I know you love a good costume party."

"Yes, and I love having to find a costume the day before."

"You're being real optimistic today, aren't you?"

"I'm sorry.", I laughed, "I'm just not in the mood for another PR stunt right now."

"Well, get in the mood. And pick your costume. You've got a whole team of costume designers and makeup artists on your side. We can make anything happen, yes, even the day before."

I looked off to the side as I began brainstorming ideas. My thoughts were interrupted almost as soon as they had started.

"Oh, and remember, make it a couples costume."

..............................................................

October 26th, 2018

5:15 P.M.

Camila

"Oh, I see." I said, now sporting a sad smile.

It was so unfair that Ty basically always got first dibs on my girlfriend. It honestly wasn't even about the jealousy sometimes; it was just about the fact that he could spend time with her and I couldn't. Yet, I knew she hated it just as much as I did, so I tried my best to cheer her up.

"Yeah, it's bullshit. As usual." she sighed.

"It'll be fun.", I said, forcing a stronger smile for her, "You'll get to see Ashley and have some drinks and wear a fun costume all night. Speaking of, what exactly are you?"

"Less of a what, more of a who. Harley Quinn."

"Oh! Oh my god, that's gonna look so good."

"Yeah, I'm trying my best to have fun with it. Ty looks pretty dope as the joker, too. I'm just psyched I get to carry a bat around all night."

"Hot." I said with a wink.

I could see a light blush creeping up on Lauren's cheeks as she smirked back at me. She looked up at the faceless hand who had just pulled the marker away from her, leaving a small black heart on her cheek bone.

"Thank you, mama." she said, flashing a radiant smile at the person.

I watched the marker holder place a hand on Lauren's shoulder before finally walking away. The green eyed girl returned her attention to me, her bottom lip now between her teeth.

"I miss you." she said softly.

"I miss you too, baby." I returned with a grin.

"We should have a costume party of our own when we get together." she said, lowering her voice.

"Oh should we?" I said as I kinked an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah. I'll bring my fishnet stockings."

"That'll just make it harder to get to your sexy legs."

"Are you saying you're not up for the challenge?"

"Oh, no. I'm definitely up for it."

"Well, I'm for any challenge you throw at me, too."

"Hmmm, I'll be sure to come up with something good."

I watched Lauren lick her lips as she stared back at me, her pupils growing ever so slightly. I felt my heart leaping in my chest and a storm of butterflies raging in my stomach every time she looked at me like that.

"I want you so bad right now, babe." she rasped.

"You should sneak away for a bit so we can-"

"Boo!"

Lauren and I both jumped when Ty stormed into the picture, placing both of his hands on Lauren's shoulders.

"Fuck!" Lauren released as she turned to look at Ty.

"How do I look?" he laughed, holding his arms out to present himself to Lauren.

"You look like you just scared the shit out of me! Fuck, Ty." she responded.

"So, it looks good then?"

"Let me just calm my fucking heartbeat for a second. Jesus."

I watched Ty's gaze dart over to the camera momentarily. He had to do a double take when he realized that I was on the other side of the screen, watching everything unfold. His smile faded slightly and his eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Camila!" he said, a twinge of nervousness present in his tone.

He immediately backed away from Lauren a bit, causing me to relax slightly.

"Hi." I said shyly, waving at the camera.

"Hey. Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. Did I scare you too?" he chuckled.

"Yeah. You make a pretty mean looking joker."

"Thank you." he replied, taking a small bow.

My gaze moved over to Lauren, who was now looking extremely uncomfortable and shifting slightly in her seat. I sighed, realizing that our conversation was probably over.

"I'll let you guys finish getting ready." I said.

"Wait, ba-", Lauren began, but stopped herself, "Uh, Camila. Um, I'll call you back later."

"I don't think you'll have time to."

"She's right, Lo. We gotta head over and get our actual costumes on." Ty chimed in.

"Alright, well, I'll be right there, then." Lauren muttered through her gritted teeth, punctuating her statement with a glare towards him.

Ty and Lauren stared each other down for a few seconds before he finally turned his attention back to me.

"Have a good one, Camila." he said with a faded smile.

"You too." I said, forcing the corners of my mouth upward.

Ty and Lauren shared one last look before he finally walked away. Lauren immediately buried her head into her hands, her elbows placed on the surface in front of her.

"Babe, you're going to mess up your makeup." I said with a small smile.

Lauren looked up at me again as she moved her hands to her temples instead, leaving her face in the clear.

"I'm sorry." she said with a pout.

"It's ok.", I laughed, "He came out of nowhere. At least he was nice."

"Yeah.", she huffed as she slammed her hands back down onto the table, "I guess I do have to go, though."

"Hey, it'll be fun. Promise me you'll have fun."

"Promise me you won't think you're fat or ugly."

"I can't control the dark place in my mind, Lauren."

"Well, if you go there, I'll be there. I'll be the light in your dark place reminding you of everything that you actually are. Which is beautiful and kind and funny and loving and intelligent and-"

"Stop." I giggled.

"I could go on for decades."

"Just decades?" I teased, tilting my head to the side.

"I never said how many." she said, her soft smile finally returning to her face.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see when you run out, then."

"I guess you will."

Lauren and I smiled at each other through the screen. I moved my fingers up to the miniature image of her and caressed the small black heart adorning her cheek, wishing that I could actually feel her soft skin, wishing that I could kiss that little black heart.

"I love you." I sighed.

"I love you, too." she returned.

..............................................................

October 27th, 2018

11:00 P.M.

Lauren

"Can I talk to you outside for a second?" I said lowly, hoping that nobody would hear.

I was wrong. A series of "oooohs" emerged from everyone around us, including the woman who had her arm draped over Ty's shoulder.

"Are you in trouble with your woman?" she asked with a seductive glare, one of her long nails scraping against Ty's jaw.

"No trouble here.", I said sweetly, "Just need a second."

With that, I stood up from the tour bus couch and looked down at Ty to see if he would follow me. He gently removed the woman's hand from his face and got up.

"We'll be back." he said to her as we made our way out of the bus.

Once my shoes hit the pavement, I walked towards the end of the bus, sliding my hand along its cool metal surface as I did so. After getting a few feet away from the door, I stopped and turned around to face Ty, who slowed his pace and crossed his arms in front of me.

"What's up, Lo?" he asked.

"That girl is all over you." I chuckled.

"Yeah, she is, isn't she?" he laughed, looking down at the ground.

"So..."

Ty looked up at me again, waiting to see where I was going with this. It was sort of weird being in this position now. Girls would hit on Ty all of the time, especially fans that we would bring back to the bus with us sometimes. This wasn't anything new; what was new was that, now, he could actually do something about it...and that I wanted him to.

"So?" he asked, urging me to go on.

"So...I can leave, if you want." I finally said.

"Lo." he scoffed.

"What? I'm serious. I mean...nothing's stopping you now."

"I never looked at it as anything stopping me."

"You know what I mean."

"Well, you don't know what I mean, then. I had no desire to hook up with any of these girls before, and I still don't now. I...God, when they all started teasing me for being in trouble...I wanted to be, Lo. That's what I mean. I would rather be in trouble with you than hookup with anyone."

"Ty..."

"I'm just not interested."

"But you can be if you want to."

"I know. I don't need your permission."

He finished that line with a small smirk which I couldn't help but return. I loved how he was never afraid to put me in my place, to be 100% honest with me at all times. I could count the amount of times he had lied to me on one hand; one of those times being that little 'deleting Camila's text' stunt he had pulled back in June.

"I know.", I said softly, "I'm just...I don't know."

"I couldn't even do anything if I wanted to." he said, catching me off guard.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...as far as everyone in there knows...I'm dating you."

"I don't think that girl in there cares." I scoffed.

"It's not about that.", he chuckled, "It's about that girl walking out of here and bragging to the world that she hooked up with Ty Dolla $ign. Now, how believable do you think our PR stunts would be then?"

"People make shit up all of the time."

"I have a feeling they'd be more inclined to believe the woman. I know you would."

I let the truth behind his words sink in. He was right. The second Ty was caught with anyone else or even accused of being with anyone else, the fans would immediately jump to my defense. Sure, maybe it would give us an excuse to break up publicly, but it would just paint Ty out to be the bad guy, which was the last thing I wanted. He didn't deserve that.

"What if we told them we were like...open.", I suggested, "Or just trying something new tonight?"

"I think that would require you to participate for that to be believable. Since you're here." he said with a smirk.

"Which I wouldn't do." I said, kinking an eyebrow.

"Exactly. Next."

I laughed softly at Ty's words, at his attitude towards it all. It was all so heartbreaking and yet he was handling it like a champion.

"I don't have a next." I answered.

"There really isn't one right now." he added.

I looked down at the ground, feeling a wave of depression crash down on me. I just wanted to help him in some way and I had no idea how to.

"Lo, it's ok.", he said, causing me to look up at him again, "Like I said, I'm not interested. I'm focusing on my music and shit right now. It's all good."

"I can still leave if you want me to." I said.

"And go where?"

Ty and I had performed at the Voodoo festival held in New Orleans earlier that day. Well, he had been a part of the lineup, but, being the kind soul that he was, he had let me get up on that stage to perform my new single, too. He was giving me so much and I felt like absolute shit.

The point was, we were stuck in New Orleans and, more importantly, stuck on this bus until Ty decided to send his 'friends' home. The only other person who I knew in New Orleans was...

Holy shit. I still hadn't talked to Lucy. I remembered Camila telling Dinah that I should talk to her, that she was in a place where we could be cordial again. I had completely forgotten about all of that once Camila and I got back together; it was all I had been focused on lately.

"Umm...I may have somewhere to go." I said.

..............................................................

November 1st, 2018

4:00 P.M.

Camila

"Lauren!" I chirped through the phone.

"Hey, sexy." she said in a seductive tone.

I let out something between a squeal and a scream as I picked up the phone and took the green eyed girl off speaker. I looked to my right to see my mom shaking her head and chuckling as I pulled the device up to my ear.

"Lauren, remember how my mother is an extension of me?" I asked, knowing my face was turning beet red.

"She's there isn't she?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Well, I'm sure she agrees that you're sexy, too."

"I'd love to hear you guys have a conversation about that." I said, smirking at my mom.

"Not today."

"No, she wants to talk about it now. I'll put you back on speaker."

"Camila..."

I giggled as I put my girlfriend on speaker again, watching as my mom rolled her eyes.

"Ok, speak." I said as I set the phone down on the counter again.

"I don't like being spoken to like a dog." Lauren responded.

"Hey, sexy!" my mom chimed in with a giggle.

"Mamá!" I whined, slapping her arm.

"Oh, god. Hi.", Lauren giggled on the other end of the phone, "Um, so I would like to apologize for, um...the fact that you had to witness that. I would also like to remind you how much I love your daughter and how special she is to me. Heart, mind, body, soul-."

"Ay, cálmate (Calm down), Lauren.", my mom laughed, "Despues de 6 años, creo que conozco tus intenciones (After 6 years, I think I know your intentions)."

"Gracias a dios. Dile a tu hija que debería darme una advertencia la próxima vez (Thank god. Tell your daughter that she should give me a warning next time)."

"Su hija puede oír todo lo que estás diciendo (Her daughter can hear everything you're saying)." I said with a grin.

"Perfecto. Entonces espero que no va a pasar otra vez (Perfect. Then I don't expect this to happen again)."

"Hacemos otro código (Should we make another code)?"

"Creo que si lo hacemos mientras nos esta escuchando, no vale mucho, no (I feel like if we do it while she's listening, it won't help much, right)?"

"Tiene razón (She's right)." my mom spoke up, sending a playful wink in my direction.

"I'm taking you to my room, then." I said as I picked up the phone from the counter again.

"Camila, todavía tienes que hacer maleta (you still have to pack)." my mom said as I started walking away.

"Yo sé, mamá. Ya voy (I know, mom. I will)."

"Bye mama!" Lauren's voice rang out through the phone.

"Bye, sexy!" she called back with a chuckle.

"Alright I'm officially mortified." I mumbled once I had left the kitchen.

"Hey, at least we're mortified together.", Lauren replied, "I must admit, I'd rather you call me sexy than her."

"That's good to know."

I shut the door once I made it to my room and immediately plopped down, stomach-first, onto the bed. I wasted no time in FaceTiming the green eyed girl. I smiled like an idiot the second I saw her face pop up on the screen.

"Hey, sexy." I said with a wink.

I watched Lauren look off to the side with a shocked expression.

"What?" I asked.

"My mom's here." she said in a serious tone.

"What?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"I'm kidding."

Lauren punctuated her joke with a mischievous grin at the camera. I couldn't help but giggle as I shook my head back and forth at her.

"Stupid." I teased.

"Maybe we shouldn't greet each other with sexy." she said.

"You started it."

"No, you started it by being sexy."

"So am I not always sexy? I've never gotten this greeting from you before."

"You're always sexy. But, today, you're even sexier because you voted."

I laughed at her simple words, loving that this was the sort of thing that would turn her on.

"Voting is pretty sexy." I said playfully.

"It is. It's even sexier when it's early voting." she teased.

"Lauren." I giggled.

"What?"

"I. Need. You. Here. Right. Now." I said, shaking the phone with each syllable.

"You're about to go to Spain."

"That's why I said right now."

"I'll be there in a few hours."

"After I leave."

"The world is cruel sometimes."

"Very cruel."

Lauren and I smirked at each other through the screen, involuntarily entering into a stare-off. I sighed as I took in the sight of her. Being on opposite ends of the country was starting to get really frustrating again.

"So, you still haven't sent me Halloween pictures." Lauren broke the silence.

"How badly do you want them?" I asked with a bite to my lower lip.

"Why must you torture me, woman?"

"Because you're cute when you're annoyed."

"As you've told me so many times before."

"Does that annoy you?"

Lauren simply let out a small laugh, rolling her eyes at me as she did so.

"I should've made my flight a day earlier." she said.

"You should've. But you just had to go and stay in New Orleans one more day." I teased.

"That was literally because of you!"

"Well you didn't have to choose then to talk to Lucy..."

..............................................................

October 28th, 2018

11:00 A.M.

Lauren

I couldn't believe I was actually at brunch with Lucy Vives. I had called her the night before and she had, pretty reluctantly, agreed to meet up. I had ended up staying at a hotel and leaving Ty with his 'fans'. There was no way I was going to actually ask Lucy if I could stay with her, anyway.

So, here I was, sitting across from my former best friend, my ex lover, my past enemy. Well, at least I was hoping that we could make that last label come true.

"You know they have bottomless mimosas here." Lucy spoke up after we'd scanned the menus in silence for a few seconds.

"Are you trying to get drunk on a Sunday afternoon?", I smirked, "I thought you said you had a thing at one."

"I do. But that thing is my thing. And my thing is a pre-election party where I will also be serving bloody marys. So, might as well start early, right?"

"I don't know how good of a mix mimosas and bloody Mary's are. I feel like you usually have to pick one."

"Well, looks like I'm going to be a pioneer today."

I was honestly in no position to argue. A drink or two definitely would've helped to melt away some of the tension. Lucy seemed to think so, too, because she went ahead and ordered the bottomless mimosas the second the waitress walked up to us and took our orders.

"So..." Lucy began once she had walked away.

"So..." I echoed.

"Are you going to explain why the fuck we're sitting here and not tearing each other's faces off right now?"

"Well...I kind of said this on the phone, but...I want to be done with the animosity. And a little bird tells me that you do, too."

"Hmmm...una pajarita (a little bird), huh?"

I smirked at Lucy's words. We both knew that Camila was the reason we were sitting across from each other that day.

"Y esta pajarita (And this little bird)...", Lucy went on, "...por casualidad, se llama Camila (Is her name Camila, by any chance)?"

"Como adivinaste (How'd you guess)?" I played along.

Lucy simply chuckled before picking up her glass of water and taking a sip, holding my eye contact the entire time. She still had that same smug, mischievous air about her; amused by every single second of this encounter, no doubt. I had to admit that I was enjoying this, too.

"So, you guys are talking again?" she asked.

I stared back at the smirking Colombian, wondering exactly how much I wanted to share with her. An immature part of me didn't want to sit here and admit that she had been right the entire time, that Camila and I were inevitable. That same part of me also held a fraction that was scared that I would somehow be hurting Lucy by admitting that I was with Camila again.

Yet, the other part of me wanted to almost...thank her; to let her know that she was, in fact, right, and that I was the happiest I could possibly be. I wanted to explain it all, maybe even apologize for thinking she was being ridiculous the entire time.

However, that part of me still knew that the old Lucy and me had faded away. The woman sitting at the other end of the table was practically a stranger to me now. I didn't want to hash out the past with her; I simply wanted to start fresh.

"Yeah.", I chose, "She thought that you and I were both in good enough places to be cordial again."

"Cordial.", she repeated, "And what exactly does cordial mean to you?"

"Look, I'm not sitting here because I want to be best friends again or anything. I'm well aware that our time has passed."

I was interrupted by the waitress showing up with two mimosas, along with a huge pitcher so that they would live up to their bottomless name. Lucy and I politely thanked her and waited until she was gone again so that I could continue.

"I'm sitting here because maybe sometimes I think about you and I still think of that little middle school girl who taught me a lot about how to love myself. The girl who taught me how to drown out all the noise. Maybe sometimes I wish that I could go back, before all of the complications and the bullshit, and just have her back. Even for a second. And, so, maybe...maybe we can be the Lauren and Lucy who get together for...", I stopped to hold up my new glass, "...bottomless mimosas a few times a year."

I held my glass out to her, urging her to participate in a toast, to solidify a new era of peace for us. She stared back at me, contemplating, with that familiar smirk plastered across her face.

I suddenly felt an overwhelming desire to burst out into tears as I thought of how it all used to be with her. That smile of hers had kept me alive for so long. There had to be something left to salvage. I watched as she slowly lifted her own glass off of the table and brought it forward to connect with mine.

"I guess it is easier to tolerate you drunk." she teased, giving me a typical Lucy response.

"To toleration." I returned playfully.

"To reconciliation."

I smiled as I brought my glass back to my own lips, letting the sweet liquid linger on my tongue for a bit before taking my first sip. Everything was finally falling into place.

..............................................................

November 1st, 2018

4:15 P.M.

Camila

"Are you happy, baby?" I asked Lauren.

She had just spent the last few seconds staring off into space with a goofy grin stretched across her gorgeous features. I knew that she was thinking about her encounter with Lucy and how well it had all gone. I felt my heart swelling as I stared at her, as if her happiness was directly connected to mine; which, honestly at this point, it most definitely was.

"What?" she asked.

"Are you happy?" I repeated.

"Why are you asking that?"

"Because I want to know."

Lauren giggled as she looked back at me through the screen. She shook her head back and forth, as if she was in some sort of disbelief.

"I can't remember the last time I've been this happy." she said softly.

"Well, happy looks great on you." I said.

"When's the last time I told you I love you?"

"Um..."

"I love you."

"Well, there it is." I laughed.

"I don't want you to ever have to think about it."

"That's a pretty tall order."

"Which I'm more than willing to fill."

I giggled as I stared back into her bright green eyes. God, I wished I could kiss her.

"Well, I love you.", I returned, "And I'm happy that you're happy and I'm happy that Lucy's happy and I'm just happy."

"Me too, babe. It's finally the end of this weird Lucy chapter of my life." she said.

"Which chapter is next?"

"You know...I'm not really sure."

"Rude."

"Why's that rude?" she laughed.

"It should be the Camila chapter."

"Nope."

"Nope?"

"It can't be the Camila chapter because it's the Camila book, babe."

With that, I knew that I had that same goofy grin growing on my face as I stared at her small image in front of me. I reached forward and caressed the small device like I had done so many times before, wishing that I could actually feel her soft skin under my fingertips.

"It's the Camila and Lauren book." I practically whispered.

"Yeah.", she said sweetly, "I'm riding this shit out until the happily ever after."

"Why does it feel like we've already reached it?"

"Because I love you. Did you forget already?"

"You won't let me."

"Good."

"Code red."

"What?" she scoffed.

"If we're on the phone or whatever and someone else is there. Code red. So we know to keep it in our pants."

"Camila. That's so obvious."

"Well, I don't see you coming up with any bright ideas."

"My night light is really bright."

"You have a night light?" I giggled.

"No. That's the code. Bring up a night light."

"What if we're actually talking about night lights."

"Alright, well, a) I don't see that happening often and b) that's pretty unsexy so I doubt we'll be in any danger."

"Everything's sexy when I'm talking to you."

"That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me."

"It better be. I can't wait to see you. We've been using the word sexy too much and now I'm in the mood."

"Hmmm, you know, I could still help you do something about that."

I bit my bottom lip as I slowly turned over to lay on my back. Lauren and I had talked about trying phone sex, but had never really gotten the time or energy to actually give it a shot. Plus, I still couldn't tell how weird it made me feel. Then again, I really was in the mood...

"Oh, could you?" I asked playfully.

"Yeah.", she rasped, "I could help you think about...what we could be doing right now. What I could be doing to you..."

"Lauren."

"You look so sexy, baby."

"Uh, um, yeah I don't know what age night lights should be taken away."

"Wh—. Oh."

Lauren started to laugh on the other end of the phone while my mom walked into the room. The older woman scolded me for not having started packing, causing me to have to hang up on Lauren, only after throwing a mini tantrum in front of her. I was so lucky she thought I was cute.

I sighed as my mom started to paw away at my closet, urging me to go get my suitcase. I was starting to get sick of all the code reds and blues and night lights. I just wanted to be with her again. Luckily, I wouldn't have to wait that much longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 5.3K 84
Lauren and Camila met in 2012 when they were thrown into the most unexpected and incredible journey with three other girls. However, these two Miami...
289K 5.8K 26
This is a camren story of lauren and camila from fifth harmony. After having to move to a new school Lauren meets camila and all the girls from fifth...
58.5K 1.5K 22
Lauren was a lonely teenager in high school and didn't think anyone cared about her until one day Camila Cabello notices her but ends up dragging Lau...
18.9K 464 29
Lauren is going through pain after Camila left fifth harmony because she never got to tell Camila how she felt about her. SLOW UPDATES