VERDICT OF LOVE

By favourakpofure

"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunne... More

characters names
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (The End ?)
Surprise Chapter
New Read

Chapter 19

22.2K 580 32
By favourakpofure

SHILOH POV:

The reason I am here seated in my car a few meters away from the venue of the engagement party with longing and sadness in my eyes is a mystery to my logical mind but not to my heart.

Perhaps my heart needs the proof that this really is happening, but I can't bring myself to go in there, but it's for the best, I don't need to keep a false smile and pretend my heart is not in pain.

If anyone told me years ago I would be in a car watching from afar, Chance engagement party I would laugh at the person's face and say he/she is demented but now the joke is on me.

During high school, I was not a nerd but made sure to have good grades for my parent's sake, I was just a girl with no friends who always keeps to herself.

My parents got a house not too far from the school leaving me under the care of Kate and some other house help visiting twice a month but sending money constantly but still yet I understood they love me and want the best for me.

I met Emma during my junior year in high school a lovely girl with a bright smile anyone, would love to have her as a friend, we get along perfectly because I could tell her everything including my crush on the most popular, and handsome Chance, Chance Cristain.

He was a year ahead of me and Emma always seen with his group of friends which includes Louis and Damien.

I kept my distance from him until we met at a school party Emma actually forced me into going.

We became friends but it was a problem to his reputation in school since I was a poor girl, and the only way I was even in that school was because of a scholarship given to me by the Dante family which technically is a fable to hide my identity.

Basically, I was a benevolence case to Chance who is a billionaire's only son, but it never stopped Chance from being my friend or from getting into a romantic relationship with me.

I moved out of that house after high school into my present home where I build a closer relationship with my family.

Looking back then we had a great love story in the making but after all a first love is not always meant to last.

But I am sincerely happy he found someone he could truly love, someone who fits perfectly with him and his social prominence.

Sam is a perfect match, she is beautiful, intelligent and most of all his Dad is very optimistic about this union.

Looking one last time I drove off towards the house.

As expected the house was dark and no noise could be heard since everyone is at the party.

I switch on the light before laying down flat on the settee which is big enough to contain my height.

I made goals I wish to follow, one. Since it is difficult to stop my heart from loving just the way he advises I will try burying my feelings being the best option that will save my heart.

Two, focus more on myself and the baby, and the only way I can do that is by avoiding everyone except Emma which includes me leaving early in the morning coming back late.

Since this semester is over I will have enough time to work and save up for my child and my future.

Don't want my child to ever lack a good life because I would love him/her so much it will be, I and my child, against the world.

I even went as far as to open a new account to keep my savings, Emma is the only one who knows about this plan and has been supportive.

She feels I am being more close off but this is just the way I know to take care of my heart.

A yawn escapes my lip signaling my exhausted body that I need to sleep. My back and legs ache a lot from the stress of doing different jobs in a day.

Waking up by four in the morning before preparing breakfast and lunch with doing house chores after that I would leave the house by six before anyone would wake up.

I do little jobs like babysitting, cleaning which can be difficult at times in my situation but I learned to cope because of the money.

Then in the afternoon, I go over to the restaurant for my shift before leaving towards the shop for my evening shift then returning home by 10 pm.

So you can come to terms with me that I have been going through a lot of responsibility and also disregarding the doctor's advice.

Picking up my bag from the table I made my way towards my room to relax my muscles.

I can't believe this was Jacket still on me with feeling all sweaty, discarding the clothes in the laundry basket before changing into my comfortable pajamas.

Mum Elaina took me shopping for maternity clothes since most of my clothes are too small for my growing belly.

I welcome the softness of my bed with a sigh before placing my hands on my belly drifting into dreamland

••••••••••••••

My day is planned out which begins with me having both morning and afternoon shifts in the restaurant and an evening shift as usual in the shop.

Fridays are always the busiest day in the restaurant but bringing more pay makes me love today so much " Shiloh over here" I heard my name being called.

I walk towards the voice " take this to table 13" she orders briskly. You could say not everyone is a fan of my presence here since they all think I have this job because Shane likes me more, well he likes me but as a sister nothing more, but he doesn't know of my true identity that if I can still call it that.

However, I have only two months before dropping all my works to relax waiting for my baby which I can't wait too long for.

I always wanted my first baby to be a boy but no matter what I have my love will be equal.

Snapping myself from a daydreaming I smile warmly before taking the order to the assigned table which is occupied by a man in a business suit with a newspaper blocking my view from seeing his face.

This must be a business meeting we tend to have that a lot here" here is your order sir, I hope you enjoy" I say placing it on the table with my welcoming smile in place.

Before I could leave him to his meal a hand took hold of my wrist making me stop in confusion before being replaced with shock "Shiloh?" he asks in surprise.

I stood in shock noticing these familiar features sitting right in front of me " brother-in-law" I say grinning widely.

I can't believe he is here staring right at me looking just the same, it's been so long" in flesh. So what have you been up to?" He asks curiously.

I took a seat across from him" as you can see I am growing big and also working to raise some money" I shrug pointing towards my belly.

"Yeah Sylvia told me what went on, and not to forget yesterday was Chance's engagement party with Samantha Atlas," he says with a frown.

"It must be all over the papers," I say nonchalantly before changing the subject" so how are my favorite nephew and my sister doing ?"

" Edwards is great, he keeps asking after you and Sylvia she misses her little sister," he says eloquently.

"Okay, I leave you to your meal while I continue my shift," I say before leaving ending the conversation.

Before he left the restaurant after his business meeting he promised not to tell my family he saw me and he even gave me some money.

I am currently in the shop placing the new product on its assigned shelf " Hey" hand taps on my shoulders almost giving me a heart attack.

I turn towards the person who brought upon himself to always bring my heart into overdrive not in a good way " do you always acquaint yourself this way?" I ask with raised eyebrows at no other person but William the guy I met in the Park the other day.

"It gives a lasting notion to the heart," he says grinning widely.

"Such, it's does" I roll my eyes at him before going back to my work trying to ignore his presence behind me.

" since we meet again could we have a friendly dinner just friends eating out on a weekend?" he questions his face becoming flush.

"I would love to, " I say with a smile.

"Thanks, it's just a friendly dinner because you seem to be a nice person," he says warmly.

He left after getting a few things like I said before we could be good friends.

I hope you like this chapter and please comment on your thought, I would really like to know your thought.

Don't forget to vote ⭐.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.5K 48
"Stop it, just stop it, " he growled furiously at me, studying in disappointment "How many lies you are going to feed me now, after all, you have his...
96.4K 2.8K 51
I stared into his dark eyes and l saw a complete stranger. I couldn't recognise the person he had become. The eyes that once sparkled with unbridled...
6.3M 246K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
757K 20.7K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...