Black Cat (Diabolik Lovers x...

Od Selene_Scarlett

Whether its humans or supernatural beings, doesn't matter to her because to her; a target is a target. Catar... Viac

Introduction
Character Description
⭐Chapter 1: A Sacrifice to Save You
⭐Chapter 2 (part 1):Detective Reiji/Nurse Sakamaki
⭐Chapter 2 (part 2): The Kitty loves the Birdie
⭐Chapter 3: The letter and a home...I've been sleeping for how long now?!
⭐Chapter 4: (part 1) Adorable purr...Agonizing screams
⭐Chapter 4: (part 2) Adorable purr...Agonizing screams
***Author's Note***
⭐Chapter 5: (part 1) Let's go to the Mall...what could go wrong?
⭐Chapter 5: (part 2) Let's go to the Mall...what could go wrong?
⭐Chapter 5: (part 3) Let's go to the Mall...what could go wrong?
⭐Chapter 5: (part 4) Let's go to the Mall...what could go wrong?
⭐Chapter 5: (part 5) Let's go to the Mall...what could go wrong?
Chapter 5: (part 6) Let's go to the Mall...what could go wrong?
Chapter 5: (part 7) Let's go to the Mall...what could go wrong?
Chapter 6: (part 1) The sleek, the snazzy, the deadly...Miss N's bag of goodies
Chapter 6: (part 2) The sleek, the snazzy, the deadly...Miss N's bag of goodies
Chapter 6: (part 3) The sleek, the snazzy, the deadly...Miss N's bag of goodies
Chapter 6: (part 4) The sleek, the snazzy, the deadly...Miss N's bag of goodies
Chapter 7: (part 1) Kitty goes to school...play nice now
Chapter 7: (part 2) Kitty goes to school...play nice now
***Author's Note...more like question...new cover***
Chapter 7: (part 3) Kitty goes to school...play nice now
Chapter 8: (part 1) Dream
Chapter 8: (part 2) Waking up to blood
Chapter 8: (part 3) Never a dull moment
***Author's Note: Update and important question***
***Author's Note (#2)***
***Author's Note (#3)--Important, please read!***
***Author's Note (#4)--Important UPDATE, please read!***
***Author's Note (#5)--UPDATE, please read!***
⭐Chapter 9 (part 1): Kitty's in heat!

⭐Chapter 8: (part 4) Didn't expect that...

6.8K 154 229
Od Selene_Scarlett

A/N: Hiyas my lovelies. I know that I haven't posted in a while. I don't want to get into why but let's just say it's more than one reason, *sighs* I wish I could clone myself. Besides, I don't want to distract you from enjoying the story. You're here to read and have fun and hopefully cheer up, smile, and get excited without the burden of life's responsibilities.

I guess this is where that "if life gives you lemons" quote comes in. I'd like to propose an alternative to that. 'If life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.' Why? Because why the hell not?! ~_^ Oh another alternative to one of those ever so popular quotes is "An apple a day keeps the doctor away". Well here's my version; 'an apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough'. Haha. What? It's true. It freakin' hurts. ^_^'

Ok so about the story, I have a lime taste, you'll have to read it to see. Hehe. Chapter 9 has a full on lemon, which is the next to be posted. I hope you enjoy it. ~_^ And it's a taste of more lemons to come. So this is my way of seeing how well I can write a lemon. So let me know what you think.

Lime=> Almost lemon

Lemon=> 'oh wow, is it hot in here' O///.///O *blush*

I will try to keep little warnings for those of you who might not want to read it or be surprised. I think it's nice to be surprised so if you think warnings are not necessary then please let me know and I won't place them before lemon/lime parts.

**Edit: **

Mature content warning-level: Heavy (mature content --ehem limes/almost lemon--& violence)

**End of edit**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--3rd POV/Narrator's POV--

Meanwhile as the brothers at the mansion were either breaking things, sulking, entertaining themselves or coming up with sinister ideas...Laito, Subaru and Catarina were in the limo making their way back to the mansion.

Laito was curious about a few things and wondered if Catarina would be forth coming about it or hide it. Even though she's known to be blunt she also has a way of answering without revealing anything. Talented, I know.

Subaru was every now and again glancing at both Laito and Catarina and then returning to looking out the window. Everyone reclaimed their window seats for this ride back.

Laito decided to break the silence first.

"Kitten~ how do you feel right now?" Laito cooed playfully with an undertone of flirting.

Catarina was looking out the window and then turned her head to glare into Laito's eyes. She held an 'I'm not in the mood' type of look due to the pain of her cramps becoming a little more bothersome.

"...like breaking things..." Catarina replied in a rather Subaru type of way.

Laito giggled, as her comment caught Subaru's attention too who had on a 'huh' type of expression.

"Nfufu~ why is that Kitten?" Laito asked in a playfully tone of voice.

"Take a wild guess..." Catarina replied back in a sassy manner with a hint of irritation as she placed her hand instinctively on her lower abdomen as if to hide the fact that there was pain.

"Oh~ sassy now are we? Me-ow Kitten...I think I like your sassy side...hehe" Laito retorted playfully with a smirk and had a certain kind of twinkle in his eyes.

"The menstrual pain in my lower abdomen is rather troublesome and seems to be successfully irritating me..." Catarina replied back still keeping her sassy tone of voice.

Laito and Subaru had an 'oh' type of look.

It just dawned on them.

Laito decided that maybe now was a good time to find out what threw off Reiji when he was alone with her as she was getting dressed. If it had been something sexual, Laito would know but he was certain it was something else, something uncommon or unusual for both of them.

"Kitten, I'm not trying to irritate you but I'm curious about something..." Laito cooed playfully with his signature smirk adorning his face as well as a devious look in his eyes.

Catarina looked at him for a moment as if pondering whether she wanted to hear it or not or maybe trying to determine what he was up to.

"What are you curious about?" Catarina asked plainly with a hint of 'tread carefully or else' kind of undertone.

"What did you and Reiji discuss when you were changing in your room? Reiji seemed a bit off than usual when he came out" Laito curiously asked with a slight deviousness in his smile, as if thinking of more naughty reasons.

Laito's question had also peaked Subaru's interest as well, as he decided to quietly listen to the conversation.

"I smiled genuinely for the first time because of something he had said that I did not expect to hear anyone say to me" Catarina replied back as if it was normal like; 'hey did you get the item?' 'I sure did'.

(A/N: A mushy moment for a cold blooded assassin and a sadistic masochistic vampire, it's totally normal. Mhmm...riiiight. (note the sarcasm, hehe))

Laito and Subaru didn't expect an answer like that, and to be spoken so casually.

"You mean that was the first time you ever smiled in your life?!" Subaru asked slightly stunned.

Catarina nodded 'yes' and Subaru just sat there stunned but was trying not to show it. I mean even Mr. Anger Management has forced a smile or at least smiled in his childhood at least a few times. But to never have smiled ever?!

(A/N: I just want to give her a warm hug, don't you?)

Laito was surprised as well, but he hides it better than his ever so obvious brother.

"Oh~ and what did Reiji say that made you smile for the first time?" Laito curiously asked wondering what the hell could have compelled someone like her to smile for the first time in her life.

"We were talking about my condition and he said that we would handle it differently than from the way it was dealt with when I was in Dr. Voss' cell and I didn't think anyone would really care, this somehow triggered a smile" Catarina spoke softly yet still maintaining her indifferent tone but there was a hidden sadness underlining her words as if she was trying to hide that sadness.

Of course Laito picked up on this, Subaru not so much.

"I do wonder what mysterious condition she could be talking about but I do think it might have something to do with what Reiji and I spoke of in private in his office, that father mentioned to him" Laito deviously and curiously pondered to himself.

Subaru had no clue or hint of what was going on, poor Tsunderella.

"What condition?! Is it something deadly to you or us? Is there a cure? What is it?!!" Subaru asked in a slightly raised voice, in rapid quick fire shots of questions. He had an obvious look of concern, but whether that concern was for her or him or everyone or all of the above was uncertain.

"Nfufu~ patience little brother, I'm sure Kitten wouldn't mind telling us especially if we could help in some way" Laito cooed playfully with a hint of teasing towards Subaru.

"Really? You're going to start teasing now of all times?!! Don't you ever take a break? Or have an off switch? Tch. Perverted annoying..." Subaru retorted back at Laito in annoyance and trailed off mumbling incoherent ramblings, mostly complaining to himself about Laito's behavior.

Laito giggled at Subaru's behavior but then turned his attention back on Catarina, who was simply watching the brotherly bickering as she often enjoys doing.

"Ah, right I do believe they want an answer. Well they will find out soon enough so better to be prepared for what's to come. Maybe as a backup plan they could agree to chain me up in a cage if things get out of hand" Catarina thought to herself wondering how this time might be different as she thought about how her "condition" might affect them since this will be the first time they have to deal with it.

But this was also a first to have someone with her when she deals with it, usually was sedated and locked away or chained up somewhere.

"Due to my unusual genetic makeup, similar to a cat I go into heat every few months. I can't be sure of the exact time frame since I was not always told of the date but from my estimations every 3 to 4 times a year, give or take a month or two" Catarina initially began to explain which caught both Laito's and Subaru's attention rather well.

"Wait...what?! In heat? As in...?" Subaru thought to himself stunned at what he had just heard since he has never met someone who had such a condition, unless you count Laito but then Laito's always 'in heat' it seems so he doesn't really count.

"Oh~ how interesting Kitten, then I offer my services in any way that may help you ..." Laito cooed seductively in a soft spoken voice that sounded inviting and enticing to any 'normal' person. He emphasized the word 'any' to indicate he meant more 'mature' activities.

"Thank you, but perhaps you should hear what happens before you volunteer to help" Catarina spoke in a soft tone but again had a certain sadness underlying her words as she spoke to them.

Subaru gave Laito a 'don't even think about it you pervert' type of look. It's a rather distinctive look especially given to Laito. Laito knows the look well.

Laito simply smirked teasingly at Subaru and blew him a playful kiss and wink.

**(I thought this was a cute little pic to include. And yes it is a bit cropped to cut out a certain blonde we all know. Why crop her? Well I know some of you don't like her ^_^)**

Catarina secretly enjoyed watching the brothers tease each other because in her head she thought that was how a family acted even though she's never had any real example or experience to go by except what she's recently seen in movies that the brothers give her to watch. They figured, what better way to learn about some of the social norms than through movies as movies are often used as pop culture references in social interactions.

Both Laito and Subaru were now patiently waiting for Catarina to finish what she was saying.

"When I go into heat, I become more instinctual...more animalistic. In the past, at Voss' lab I've put guards and medical attendees in the hospital due to the injuries I had inflicted upon them so they usually drugged me up and left me to torment in my room alone or strap me to my bed in chains or locked me up in a cage until it past. I could see what was happening but couldn't really control myself and couldn't remember everything due to the drugs that were forcibly administered to me. So when I suggested that Reiji should chain me up and cage me too he said that it would be handled differently and not like the past...though I'm not sure what he can do" Catarina spoke softly yet monotonously but now with the sad undertone lining her words a little more obviously that even Subaru noticed it this time.

Behind her blue eyes, her poker face of a mask she usually had on was sadness and pain. More than anyone one person should ever have to endure.

Both Subaru and Laito were a bit taken back, stunned really. How do you handle hearing something like that? So Laito broke the silence with what he thought could lighten the mood.

"Kitten, sometimes it helps to picture something disturbingly comical to help take the mind off of a difficult or stressful situation. Imagine Reiji in a cat costume, tight black leather female top and pants with a black bullwhip and cat ears as well as a black mask to match. We could even put a wig and high heels on with one of your bras, but stuffed, too" Laito explained in a more playful tone of voice as he was using his hands to explain it. He outlined a female figure in the air when explaining it and did a bullwhip motion with the "swootsh" bullwhip sound effect and acting sort of silly and goofy on purpose. Even Subaru enjoyed hearing and seeing the explanation.

Seeing Laito try to cheer Catarina up reminded Subaru of his childhood, a brief time when all the brothers were happy and the times when little Laito would tell stories to his brothers sort of how he was now. He was always good at explaining things so well that it wouldn't take much to imagine it, so when they were little Laito usually told stories to his brothers and they did enjoy hearing it. Subaru briefly smiled ever so slightly upon remembering this but was saddened knowing Catarina hadn't ever experienced this...not even a smile, until now.

Catarina listened and pictured everything Laito had explained, even the hair and shoes, and thought it was a silly and funny idea to picture Reiji in a female cat costume. At first Catarina, smirked then slightly smiled (again) but then did something unexpected...she actually giggled. Though her giggle resembled Laito's, for whatever mysterious reason (note the sarcasm, hehe).

"Nfufu...Hehehe" Catarina giggled out sweetly and cutely, for the first time.

Laito and Subaru were surprised, it was an unexpected behavior from Catarina and they had not heard her giggle before or seen her smile. For someone as badass and at times sexy as her, it was cute to see and hear. There was a sweet innocence about it in that moment.

Subaru slightly blushed as did Laito but not because of some sexual thought but more of a 'how cute' type of thought.

Just how many more surprises can they handle and receive in one car ride, geesh.

"That was a cute little laugh Kitten, it sounded like mine...Nfufu" Laito playfully said once again breaking the silence.

"That was the first time I actually laughed, so thank you for that...I didn't think someone like me would ever have the opportunity to experience laughter or smiling" Catarina said in a soft monotonous tone of voice.

"You're quite welcome Kitten, I hope it isn't the last time we hear that cute little laugh though" Laito spoke in a playful way with a hint of a soft seductive tone of voice as well.

"Yeah it was...umm...cute" Subaru managed to say quietly as his cheeks were dusted a light pink as he tried to hide his blushing cheeks.

"Hehe~ how cute is that, my little brother is blushing" Laito teased Subaru playfully while winking at Catarina playfully as if to say 'play along'.

"Tch. Shut up you...*sighs*...never mind..." Subaru began saying but then sighed and gave up. He figured no matter how many times he said it that it didn't get Laito to shut the hell up with that teasing and he was tired of dealing with him right now.

Laito simply giggled at Subaru's retort and Subaru had a sort of 'I give up for now' type of moment to go with that sigh. But Subaru didn't mind it this time because Catarina seemed a little less sad now.

The limo at long last arrived home, the mansion.

"Home at last...huh Kitten?" Laito playfully asked while smirking and giving a gentle playful nudge as if to confirm if she was listening.

"Yes, we are" Catarina simply and plainly replied back with an 'I'm not in the mood' type of tone of voice underlying her words. She wasn't trying to be rude but more like concentrating on not showing she was in pain.

Catarina was not feeling well and the pain in her lower abdomen gave her a sudden jolt of pain as if an invisible blade had just pierced her lower abdomen and as someone who knows what that feels like she instinctively grabbed her abdomen just to check if anything was punctured while slightly hunched over a bit. Of course this sudden jerk drew the attention of both Laito and Subaru.

Once the limo stopped 2 maids showed up to take the grocery bags but Catarina grabbed the one with her 'female items' in it.

One maid attempted to take the bag from her in a 'let me help' kind of way but Catarina simply looked at the maid with a 'do it and you die' type of glare and the maid backed the hell up.

Subaru grabbed Kanato's chocolate as well as the second chocolate that's meant for Catarina before the maids grabbed the grocery bags to take to the kitchen.

Laito had also pocketed his condoms into his coat pocket before the limo approached the mansion as well.

Wow, it seems like everyone thought ahead.

The three of them, Laito, Subaru and Catarina exited the limo.

"Kitten..." Laito called out to Catarina since she was already ahead of Subaru and Laito but walking in a slightly off manner. Off how you may ask? Well, she seemed slightly hunched over as if she wanted to cradle her lower abdomen but didn't in order to not draw attention to herself. Of course, it didn't work.

Catarina stopped and turned around, standing normally, Laito had already popped behind her and was rather close in proximity.

"Yes?" Catarina replied back plainly with an undertone of 'I'm in pain hurry the hell up' type of voice, it was sort of snippy. She wanted her pain killers, even though her pain tolerance is higher than most. In Catarina's mind, the sooner she took pain killers the sooner she could take control of at least some her body.

"Are you ok? Or are you still...frisky?" Laito at first asked normally then paused and his fingers gently trailed her armed lightly as he grasped it and looked into her eyes looking for a slight hitch in her breathe, but the pain she was currently feeling in that moment outweighed the 'frisky' feeling she would have normally felt. When Laito spoke he at first had his normal playful tone but then at the word 'frisky' it turned into a more seductive tone with a softer almost whisper like volume to it.

"Not at this particular...moment" Catarina at first spoke in her usual plain monotonous voice but then paused when she felt yet another jolt of a searing stab like pain in her lower abdomen (cramp again). She felt the pain at the word 'moment' then tried to act normal but was failing. She was trying to hide the pain she felt. Why? Because that's what she's had to do for so long, so she couldn't help it really.

Laito raised an eyebrow as he noticed the change in her tone. Nothing gets past him...well...almost.

"Tch. just let her go to her room" Subaru interjected as he was now standing next to Catarina and Laito. Subaru handed the second chocolate to Catarina, which she took, and nodded his head towards the stairs in a 'go I got this' kind of head tilt gesture. Neither Subaru nor Laito bothered to offer to take her to her room because they knew she would decline and make her way up herself. She's not used to asking or receiving help.

"Thanks" Catarina said plainly as she tightly grasped the stairs railing as she made her way up the stairs and to her room.

"Nfufu~ how gentleman of you little brother and surprisingly perceptive" Laito playfully teased as he watched Catarina walk up the stairs and yes he did check out her ass. Internally Laito was thinking something along the lines of 'dat ass'.

Laito then turned to Subaru while he smirked and let out a giggle, which annoyed Subaru as Subaru furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance.

Subaru simply 'Tch'ed' at Laito's retort as usual and almost as if on cue Kanato popped in next to both Laito and Subaru.

Subaru simply shoved Kanato's chocolate at him and stormed off to his room.

**(This is to give you an idea of how it happened, though he didn't shove it in his mouth. Still a cute little comic, right?)**

That threw Kanato off for a moment as it was unexpected.

(A/N: Kanato--> O_o Eh?)

"Hey! Why did he do that?" Kanato shouted out loud enough for Subaru to clearly hear as he was storming off.

Laito simply giggled again and was about to go to his room to prepare for a "guest" soon, but before he left he turned to Kanato to give him a fair warning.

"Don't take it personally, you know how Subaru gets when he's teased...oh and Kitten isn't feeling very well at the moment so if you're going to 'pay her a visit', hehe, do keep that in mind" Laito spoke in a playful voice adorned with his usual smirk as if nothing was out of the ordinary and winked at the 'pay her a visit' part, as if to imply other intentions.

Laito's just being Laito.

Once Laito said that he popped off to his room and just as Kanato was going to make his way to the stairs, Reiji walked out to the greeting area where they all were at the time till everyone left leaving Kanato standing there with his Teddy and chocolate.

Reiji noticed the chocolate and the faint smell of blood, which never seems to escape their senses amazingly (yes that was sarcasm, hehe).

"I take it they have arrived from the store?" Reiji sternly asked Kanato as he adjusted his glasses.

"Yes, but Teddy and I think that something might have happened" Kanato spoke ominously as he tilted his head and smiled his 'creepy cute' smile.

Reiji raised an eyebrow in interest. Internally Reiji sighed in an 'again...seriously?' type of way even if it didn't show on the outside.

"Why do you say that?" Reiji asked curiously yet firmly, maintaining his disciplined poise.

"Subaru is in a bad mood and our Catarina didn't seem well. Is she sick?" Kanato asked curiously after stating his observations. He tilted his head the other way this time.

Reiji held his chin for a moment as he pondered.

"Yes she is, don't worry about it I'll check on her. Go about your business for now" Reiji ordered firmly. Kanato huffed at the order and for being treated like a child.

Reiji sighed in annoyance "What did they do this time?" Reiji thought to himself wondering what happened this time.

Kanato started walking away with his chocolate in hand as he opened it and took a bite and smiled at the taste of it as he walked off.

Meanwhile, Catarina had made it to her room as she grabbed one of the bags of pads and headed to her bathroom as she simply let the grocery bag fall somewhere on the room's floor at random not really caring where it was placed in that moment.

(A/N: I should mention that Catarina's blood stained sheets were changed while she was out at the store)

She went to the bathroom and cleaned herself up, she was lucky enough that nothing was...ehem...stained. She placed a pad on her underwear as she first inspected it then followed the directions of how it was to be placed. She felt weird with it on but she would adapt to it. It was better than bleeding out on everything. She cleaned herself up and freshened up, splashed water on her face then exited her bathroom.

As she exited the bathroom she headed for her drawer with her pain killers that Reiji had given her and swallowed one. It wouldn't take long now for it to kick in thankfully.

She then stopped and noticed a scent, as if the familiar scent of a stranger. Taking a few sniffs of the air she remembered this scent. It was Sebastian's and it was everywhere in the room but not the only one either. When Catarina's in 'that time of the month' her senses are heightened making it easier to catch a scent for example and when she's in her 'in heat' time frame her senses are even more heightened than now but is more primal.

As Catarina looked around the room she then noticed the envelope on her night stand. She picked up her grocery bag and placed it on the nearby chair by her drawer which had her pain killers and then proceeded to walk towards the letter. The chair was knocked over but she simply placed it back into its original position then placed the grocery bag on it. Since there wasn't any alarming behavior or the scent of blood, she didn't think a knocked over chair was anything to be concerned about.

(A/N: Remember Kanato knocked it over when he got angry and slammed Shu to the wall in the previous part)

She picked the letter up and on the front of the envelope it read as "Lady Catarina" in fancy cursive hand writing while on the back it had a red wax seal of a butterfly. The butterfly seal seemed similar to the décor of the castle in her 'illusion dream' when she met Damien.

She held the envelope to the light to see what could be inside, and it was only a piece of paper and appeared to have no other items or dust/powder.

She sniffed the envelope and it had Sebastian's scent along with a jasmine scent and one other unfamiliar scent. She remembered that Damien smelled like jasmines in that 'dream' like illusion.

"I'm certain this is from Damien but having Sebastian's scent on it as well only confirms what I thought, that Damien is Sebastian's master. But why a letter? I may seem paranoid but I can't be too careful. I don't want to be caught off-guard" Catarina pondered to herself.

She opened it carefully and the envelope as well as the letter was both in a tan like paper as if from the old days when paper and quill were what people used to write letters. The paper and envelope felt a bit rough to the touch. She was careful not to ruin the wax seal to be able to research the crest in the library later.

Reiji's history lessons come in handy in times like this.

The ink's color on the envelope and letter were black. And the letter read as follows:

My sweet butterfly,

I do hope this letter finds you well. I apologize if my butler, Sebastian, startled you in any way. I sent him to deliver this letter to you to be sure you were the one who had received it. You may be wondering why I wrote this letter. For one, I don't think people write enough letters these days, I think it has a personal touch to it. But the reason for this letter is to ask you a simple question. Would you be willing to meet my mentor in order to learn about your family and past? No, this isn't a trick or trap. I mean what I say sweet butterfly. I doubt a rare and deadly beauty as yourself would fall for the same trick twice and I have no intention of forcing you to do anything you do not wish to do. I do think that you would benefit from this meeting. You might be wondering why I'm keen on helping you. Come and find out.

If you do decide to take up my offer, I would prefer that you come alone but if you are uncomfortable by that then only one may accompany you. If you do decide to come, then simply kiss the seal on the envelope. Doing that will turn that butterfly crest into a beautiful glowing butterfly which will then simply disappear and let me know that you have accepted my offer. If you reject my offer then simply snap the seal in half or crush it and you will simply see a sudden flutter of small lights disperse and disappear.

I wouldn't normally go into such details as to what happens but I presumed you may not have seen such magic and I don't want you to be alarmed. I have not lied to you about anything thus far, so you know that what I say is what I mean.

I hope to see you soon my lovely butterfly.

Sweet dreams,

Lord Damien

After Catarina was done reading the letter she placed the letter and envelope carefully back on the night stand by her bed, and almost as if on que, Reiji knocked then walked into Catarina's room.

At the same time Reiji knocked on Catarina's door and came into her room, as soon as Catarina placed the envelope and letter down she heard a low rumble and while she heard this low rumbling sound all other sounds around her were silenced. The low rumble was like hearing a powerful yet loud thunder in the distance rumbling and getting closer. Catarina felt uneasy, besides the fact that all other sounds were being blocked out somehow; it felt like something had its gaze suddenly upon her.

**(I thought this music would be suiting to set the mood of what's happening. Gets you all pumped up, huh?)**

There was a sudden pain in her head and she tried covering her ears thinking if she didn't hear this rumbling sound that maybe it would stop since a sharp headache began with the rumbling sound which also started after reading that damn letter. Catarina grabbed her head then hunched over closing her eyes trying to concentrate on something other than the pain as she let out a small groan of pain.

**(Here's sort of how Catarina's hunched over but grabbing her head instead)**

All of this happened within maybe a few minutes, while it was in the meantime, Reiji first noticed Catarina not pay attention then suddenly wince in pain hunched over grabbing her head with her eyes tightly closed as if in pain.

Reiji rushed over to Catarina and tried to see if there were any physical signs of trauma or injuries or marks, magical or otherwise by grabbing her and giving her a quick check of her limbs and neck and abdomen as he felt for any open wounds or cuts or blood from a wound. He didn't see or feel anything like that. In that moment Catarina didn't pay attention to Reiji grabbing her and feeling parts of her limbs and body due to the searing pain she felt in that moment.

"Catarina? Can you hear me? Nod 'yes' if you can" Reiji calmly yet firmly asked confirming if she was perhaps hearing something the way dogs can hear high frequency sounds or perhaps someone was psychically linking themselves to her without her permission and she might be resisting or confused. There were just too many possibilities that he couldn't be sure what was going on or why.

Reiji only heard Catarina groan in pain so if she was hearing something it was only revealing itself to her alone.

The rumbling got louder and Catarina fell to her knees covering her ears. Catarina finally opened her eyes when she noticed someone's hands around her shoulders as if to get her attention. She saw it was Reiji saying something but she couldn't hear him or anything other than the rumbling sound which was increasing and as it did the pain in her head increased too.

**(This is to depict the struggle and pain Catarina's feeling, though she's not crying but in a lot of pain and on her knees on the ground)**

She figured she should try to say something so that he can help her somehow.

**(To set the mood of a mental battle and the pain as well as the struggle that's happening)**

"Can't hear...rumbling...pain increase...head...Aaaaghh...knock ...me...out!" Catarina managed so speak in pauses between the sharp increases of pain. She had the idea that if Reiji could at least knock her out that the pain and sound might stop with it.

Reiji thought to himself, "Ok so she can talk but she doesn't hear anything except some rumbling sound, the knock out drug might work on her but then I can't be sure what knocking her out might do. The affects could continue and if someone is trying to mentally link with her like they did with her when she had that dream of Damien then knocking her out may give them an advantage."

Reiji looked at Catarina as she was looking for some sign of response and saw Reiji nod yes after she spoke.

"So he can hear me, that's good" Catarina struggled to think to herself.

The pain felt like one of her "sessions" with Dr. Voss, even though it wasn't and didn't have anything to do with him...as far as she could tell.

Catarina then heard a man's voice with a commanding presence to it in the same deep silky voice from the one she heard before 'waking up' from that dream-illusion she had with Damien.

The man's voice said "Damien claims you are strong, but how much of it is true? If you are, as I hope you to be, then prove it..."

"This voice seems familiar...is he the same man?" Catarina thought to herself trying to keep her composure in order to try to think straight.

Catarina shouted through her pain in response to the man, "Why?!" as she tried to get back up she was on one knee now and Reiji tried to assist her up.

Reiji was confused as to why Catarina suddenly shouted 'why' when he didn't ask anything and there was no one else talking. Reiji didn't hear the man's voice.

"Is she hearing someone speaking?" Reiji pondered to himself as calmly as he could.

Catarina glanced over to Reiji after she shouted and the look of confusion was enough to tell her that she was the only one who could hear the voice. Reiji's lack of panic and lack of brothers rushing in might have also meant that perhaps this time; this mysterious man's presence was not being felt by anyone else besides herself. That gave her a clue to some of this mysterious man's power and control.

"If you want to know then accept Damien's offer" the mysterious man's deep silky voice responded back in return to her question of 'why'.

"I must warn Reiji, he m-might help...aaahhh...focus" Catarina thought to herself once more as she tried her best to stay focused.

The rumbling was slowly increasing still and this time it felt more painful. Catarina couldn't keep it in anymore...she had to yell out in pain.

"Aaaahhhh....!" Catarina yelled out in pain as she fell back to her knees, well was going to until Reiji caught her. He thought she had enough balance to stand but then caught her as he saw her struggle once more.

**(Showing the pain and struggle she's going through. She's on her knees and yelled so this is sort of how her yelling in pain looks like but not crying.)**

"M-MAN...d-dream...!" Catarina struggled to let out through the pain.

"Man, dream? The one who gave off that strong presence perhaps or Damien maybe" Reiji pondered to himself as he tried remaining composed and think up a proper solution. He knew that panicking never helps a situation.

Reiji wanted to go get some medicine that might help her but couldn't leave her here in this condition alone.

Reiji decided to call out for someone hoping someone could watch her or help get the medicine for him.

"HEY! Get in here NOW!" Reiji yelled out loud enough for someone, mainly the vampires in the mansion, to hear.

The closest one was Ayato who was on his way to the kitchen to get a snack, when he heard Reiji of all people yell out to 'get in here now'. Ayato has not heard Reiji yell like that in that tone of voice before, so he knew something was wrong.

As I'm sure you are all aware, Reiji isn't the 'help over here' yell out loud type.

No one heard Catarina's scream because it was only loud enough for those in her room to hear or if they were close by like the door or something.

Ayato didn't want to waste any time and quickly followed the voice, knowing it came from Catarina's room by teleporting directly into the room.

Ayato saw Reiji holding a slumped forward Catarina who was groaning loudly in pain as she had held her head and had half open eyes as if struggling with the pain. She was visibly beginning to perspire as tears threatened to form and fall from the pain.

Ayato was shocked to see Catarina in visible pain and Reiji had yelled for help basically. Not much shakes Catarina or Reiji so to see them like that was unusual.

"Oi, are menstrual cramps really that bad?!" Ayato exclaimed in shock as he rushed over to help in any way he can since he was uncertain of what was going on.

Meanwhile, Catarina was trying her best to stay calm under the immense pain in her head. It felt like a pressure was building up and about to explode. She noticed Ayato in the room now.

She once again heard the man's voice speak again.

"Come now, you can make something this simple stop if you are as strong as Damien claims, so your will should be strong enough too" the mysterious man's deep silky commanding presence said.

"Strong enough will?" Catarina thought to herself.

She had an idea; simply 'will' the mysterious man out of her head similar to how you would push someone off of you, which was harder than it sounded. From what Catarina gathered from what this mysterious man said, it was a test of strength. She was supposed to prove her strength for whatever reason. So if she thought about a forceful push outwards then it might also push the mysterious man out of her head as well.

If a test of strength was what he wanted...then so be it!

"Fine, I'll show you my strength" Catarina thought to herself as she growled in pain as she slowly began to get back on her feet, struggling through the increased pain.

**(The mood is sort of like 'That's it! I've had enough of you' type of ass-kickery feeling)**

At this point the pain was like searing hot pokers burning against the flesh but in her head.

Catarina struggled to get up and as she was slowly picking herself up, with Reiji still holding her, she was going to reply back to the mysterious man with a force he would surely remember. She was holding her head but now her palms were facing her as her claws had come out along with her K9 teeth, her hands in a 'ready to scratch position but palms facing her. Reiji let go of holding her seeing her stand on her own now.

"Get...out...of...my...HEAD NOW!" Catarina roared out loud and as she did her eyes changed to cat like pupils but this time glowed. Her eyes are normally blue, but just now were a glowing blue with cat like pupils and both Ayato and Reiji saw it.

As soon as she shouted the last word an unseen force pushed everything outward and away from her in a circular way. A telekinetic blast pushed not only Ayato and Reiji back enough to throw them off balance but also a few items in the room off of counters and onto the room's floor. What they didn't know was that everyone else in the house felt that push as if a ripple in water, the further out it went the less forceful or powerful it felt.

**(To give you an idea of Catarina's power the gif above is sort of how it looked like, but no explosions and items weren't blown to tiny bits. But the above gif is how forceful she could be under the right circumstances.)**

Ayato and Reiji were stunned by this display. They only ever saw Catarina use such a force once and even then it didn't feel as forceful as this.

In that moment of Catarina's forceful push made it possible for the Sakamaki brothers in the house to feel the mysterious man's presence the same way they felt when Catarina had a hard time 'waking up' from that dream/illusion she had with Damien in it.

"Oi, did you feel that?!" Ayato asked Reiji as he gave a quick glance to Reiji before rushing over to Catarina's side.

"Yes, I did. It's the same presence" Reiji replied back calmly yet still bewildered as to what was going on exactly.

Karlheinz's familiar, right outside Catarina's window even swayed a bit when Catarina displayed that powerful push, and of course that meant that Karlheinz knew what was going on or at least felt what was going on to some degree. Imagine the bat to be something like a supernatural spy camera.

(A/N: Hehe, a swinging bat...sorry I couldn't help it ^u^)

Catarina, in that moment of 'get out of my head' push, felt a bit wobbly so she grabbed the closest stable standing object. It's just that even though she intended to grab some sort of furniture, Ayato ended up being next to her within the blink of an eye.

Catarina in the moment of trying to grab something ended up grabbing Ayato's arm for balance and with her other hand grabbed the side of her head as if to check for some wound as she tried to regain her balance.

"Hey, are you alright FunBags?" Ayato questioned Catarina with a partially worried look of concern.

Reiji walked over to Catarina's side to inspect her to see if her eyes were normal or if anything was off or maybe there was a wound such as a bleeding nose.

Reiji lifted Catarina's head to see her eyes and they were normal, not even cat-like pupils and her claws as well as K9 teeth had retracted too. Catarina seemed fatigued though.

In that moment, Catarina didn't hear the mysterious man's voice or the rumbling sound and didn't feel the pain in her head anymore but did feel rather drained of energy and was able to hear properly again. It seemed like her 'push' took some energy out of her, as if she 'pushed' something heavy in some way.

"Yes, I'm fine just...tired" Catarina trailed off in a tired and soft tone of voice.

"What happened? Do you fe-" Reiji began to question Catarina until Ayato impatiently and rudely interrupted.

"Hey you're not going to pass out or anything, are you?" Ayato interjected impatiently as he kept holding onto Catarina until he was sure.

Reiji sighed in frustration and annoyance, since rude manners annoy him but being interrupted was a peeve of his.

"I don't feel like I will pass out, just a little tired, thank you" Catarina replied back once again in a tired and soft tone of voice.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted..." Reiji firmly said as he gave a stern look towards Ayato.

"...what happened? Do you feel like it might happen again?" Reiji questioned curiously as he took mental notes of what he observed to document later. He noticed Catarina's fatigue but she also seemed irritated, and not just due to it being 'that time of the month'.

"I read the letter then heard a rumbling sound, then pain in my head and soon after I heard that same man's voice...not Damien's but I believe it's his master, the one he mentioned in his letter as his mentor" Catarina explained as Ayato led her to her bed to sit down and recuperate herself.

Both Ayato and Reiji wanted to question her about said letter but instead decided to be patient. Odd, I know but knowing what just happened resting seemed a bit more important right now.

"I see, what did it sound like? How did the pain feel? And what did this mysterious man say to you?" Reiji further questioned in a firm yet curious manner as if he was conducting experiments or an interrogation.

"Damn Reiji ease up; let her catch her breath first. Why are you interrogating her?" Ayato interjected as he sat next to Catarina with his arm around her, he glared back at Reiji with furrowed eyebrows. Catarina leaned against Ayato for support as she placed her head on Ayato's shoulder. She was still a bit tired and Ayato felt comfy.

(A/N: Ayato the pillow)

Reiji was so focused and determined to figure out what happened that Catarina's well-being sort of took a back seat. Reiji snapped out of it realizing that she might not have the energy to properly answer his questions; he decided to save the line of questioning for later.

"Yes you are right, I do apologize Catarina. Rest and we shall talk later" Reiji said in a disciplined manner as he proceeded to turn around and began to walk towards the room's door. Reiji stopped once he reached the room's door and looked over his shoulder back at where Ayato was sitting, which was next to Catarina.

"She needs rest, which means no feeding right now" Reiji sternly said with a mean glare which Reiji usual gives in order to maintain his disciplined outward appearance. It was part of how he kept everyone in line. Reiji has a merciless disciplined demeanor that lets anyone know to either listen or face the consequences.

**(Reiji's mean glare towards Ayato)**

"Tch yeah whatever I get it buzz kill" Ayato retorted back in a sassy tone of voice and a slight grin. Ayato grinned because he got to hear Reiji say he was right, which is something you'd rarely get to hear.

Reiji left to write down what he observed just now so that he didn't forget or accidentally leave out any detail that might prove important later on.

After Reiji left for his office/study Ayato looked at Catarina and she had seemed tired but also as if deep in thought, staring straight at nothing in particular.

"Hey FunBags, what are you thinking about?" Ayato questioned curiously as he noticed her demeanor shift. It was as if she had suddenly become more serious or secretly angry perhaps but he couldn't tell since she often hides her feelings and doesn't really express her emotions openly to anyone. He figured this might have been out of habit.

(A/N: Yeah, their ones to talk about hiding feelings...damn mosquitos >u< )

Catarina lifted her head from Ayato's shoulder and sat upright instead of leaning.

"I was just thinking of what I just went through and how I can properly..." Catarina began to explain at first in her normal monotone voice but then spoke in a more sinister or serious tone, the way she was right before kicking someone's ass. She trailed off not completing her sentence which only made Ayato more curious of what she was going to say and secretly slightly annoyed.

"Don't leave me hanging...how you can properly what FunBags?" Ayato yet again questioned curiously wanting to know what she was thinking of to get a better idea of how she thought.

As Catarina was staring off straight at nothing in particular she then turned to Ayato with a rather sinister serious look in her eyes as if she meant business.

"...how I can properly repay the favor of today" Catarina spoke in a more stern tone of voice laced with a certain ass-kickery that he had heard before but it's not often.

Ayato could tell she was going to pay this mysterious man back but he didn't think she was the type to get angry since she rarely displays any kind of emotions openly.

"Didn't think you would get angry" Ayato exclaimed with a slight grin as if he was happy to see some kind of feeling, any kind really. Her getting angry meant he could perhaps manipulate her to his benefit and it helped break some of the mysteriousness around her.

"It's not that I don't have emotions, it's just that I have learned to control and suppress them. Someone like me cannot and should not lose control of emotions" Catarina said in a serious tone of voice laced with a certain hidden sorrow to it as if remembering something tragic.

"Why is that FunBags? Is it from being an assassin?" Ayato once again questioned curiously. He was a little more calm and curious then usual and Catarina picked up on his slightly odd behavior. She thought maybe it was the blood or Reiji telling him to back off, there were too many possibilities for her to pin point it to just one or two and quite frankly she was too tired to give a damn at the moment.

"You will soon see why. If I am too difficult to handle though please lock me up in chains in your dungeon or cage. I know you have one downstairs in the basement" Catarina said as she looked Ayato in the eyes hoping that if a difficult choice had to be made that he would be willing and able to do so.

Ayato gave her a confused look, which is of course to be expected.

"What the hell does that mean? Why?" Ayato asked confused and slightly irritated as if what she had asked irritated him even though Catarina couldn't understand why it would especially since he has a twisted side. Well, they all do really.

Catarina looked at him a bit confused as she tilted her head to the side a bit. A habit thanks to Kanato.

"Why did that bother you?" Catarina asked plainly.

"Why don't you tell me why I should put you in a cage?" Ayato retorted back in a sassy way.

"I thought it might lead to more questions. To put it simply, my condition is that I go into heat similar to cats a few times a year and I tend to be more instinctual or animalistic as well as more violent" Catarina answered back in a 'fine you win' sort of way with concern laced into her words, concern for what's to come.

Ayato looked at her for a moment in astonishment at what he just heard, as if he was mentally asking himself 'wait what?'

"So she doesn't have a lot of control then and for a mortal she could be quite the formidable opponent if she chose to be. Hehehe...I wonder if having sex would cure her of it or help relieve her in some way" Ayato thought to himself as he pondered how 'in-heat' she really means and then began thinking of some naughty thoughts. Well he is a Sakamaki after all.

Ayato simply nodded 'yes' to agree to her request of being chained or caged in a semi-serious expression as he tried to hide the 'naughty thoughts' expression.

(A/N: Warning Lime part, not Lemon just yet. Remember Lime is any variation of 'almost lemon'. Let me know if you don't want these warnings of lime/lemon parts)

***

"Thank you" Catarina replied back in return, she got up to grab the letter and envelope to take it to Reiji to be examined for clues as well as give Reiji the blood sample she 'obtained' from Sebastian which was still in her pocket.

As Catarina got up to grab the items, Ayato wanted to test something out to see if she was possibly aroused even now during her menstrual cycle. His more mischievous side wanted to 'play'.

Ayato grabbed Catarina and used his vampire speed to pin her against a wall in the room, the room's door was closed by the way.

Catarina wasn't sure what Ayato was trying to do and at first thought he could have been hungry which she didn't mind giving a little of her blood if his appetite was that strong but then she could see the sinister smile that Laito has often adorned on his face.

"What are you doing?" Catarina asked calmly and plainly while on the inside she was prepared to throw him off if need be.

Ayato let out a devious snicker. He pinned her arms by her head and positioned his left leg between her legs as he slowly started closing the gap between them to be able to better rub his upper thigh against her womanhood.

**(Sort of how her pinned arms looked like)**

"What does it look like? Yours Truly is going to take you in so many different pleasurable ways" Ayato exclaimed with a soft soothing yet dominant tone of voice. The look in his eyes was filled with a lustful desire as well as a devious look. And the smell of blood Catarina was giving off didn't help matters either.

As soon as he said that, Ayato wasted no time in grabbing both her arms in one hand keeping it pinned against the wall but above her head now and used his body to keep her in place while using his now free hand to move loose hair strands away from her neck. He was efficiently smooth to keep from giving her any time to object or move out of the way. He figured once he did something vaguely lustful he would get his answer and he just needed a few minutes to tell.

"If you are hungry all you had to do was ask and I-" Catarina began to say plainly and calmly but then she had a sudden intake of breathe as if surprised, Ayato's actions interrupted her and caught her a bit by surprise. She expected him to bite. But in that moment, Ayato had begun to trail soft yet passionate kisses starting at her collar bone as he was making his was up her neck slowly, each kiss filled with more lustful desires then his free hand grabbed her sensually by the waist under her shirt and began to feel his way upward towards her breast.

Catarina knew that she had felt aroused even without the kissing but once he had started, she was fighting herself to keep from slamming Ayato against the wall she was pinned against and possibly scratching and tearing him up. What she couldn't be sure of or trust in herself is would this action be out of a lustful passion or a more violent urge or both. She didn't want to take the chance at the moment and besides...she was tired and didn't have the energy either.

Ayato noticed the sudden hitch in her breathe again and the change in breathing but he also noticed her struggle as if she was trying to control herself from doing something. Ayato couldn't help but grin deviously at this as he smiled into the kisses. Once he reached her ear, he licked it slowly and seductively while he nibbled on it sensually as he heard yet another gasp as well as a small almost faint barely hearable moan of pleasure.

Ayato stopped and looked at her as she appeared calm on the outside but he could clearly hear and see her breathing pattern change and her eyes held a desire in them as well, to him it looked like a lustful desire, but in reality it was both lustful desires and violent desires.

"I see you enjoyed that FunBags" Ayato grinned deviously, pleased with himself that he got her to feel passion and it answered his question of if she felt arousal during her menstrual cycle which also gave him an idea of what to expect when she was 'in heat'.

Yes he could have just asked, but this is Ayato we're talking about. He wanted to get a 'taste' of what she was like first hand.

"I suggest you stop right now" Catarina tried to say calmly and speak in a monotone voice but the struggle to do so was rather evident.

"Ohhh, and why would I do that FunBags? Why don't I just finish what I started right here and now?" Ayato asked mischievously as he was still rather pleased with himself thinking he had the upper hand right now. As he said this, he lightly squeezed her pinned arms that he was holding with one hand. Why? Because Ayato likes to assert his dominance, just Ayato being Ayato.

"Because at the moment...I cannot trust my actions nor guarantee your safety" Catarina said in a bit calmer voice but still had an obvious struggle since he had not moved away or moved his thigh away as it was still slowly moving between her legs which was part of the reason for her arousal.

"So you like it rough, I can handle it...in fact it will be more fun that way" Ayato said in a dominant yet soft seductive voice. He had a piercing gaze that held an urge and hunger for more than just blood, if you know what I mean.

Catarina could tell he wasn't going to move that easily or quick enough so she decided to switch positions. Catarina had slipped her hands out of his hand's grasp by pulling downward and outward therefore freeing them. And with her freed hands she grabbed him by the collar with one hand and pushed on the other side with the other hand as she spun around so that he was against the wall now but while turning she moved her legs from around his left leg to having her left leg between his legs as she used the weights of both her and Ayato's bodies to do so more swiftly and efficiently. Ayato's arms were by his side with his palms facing the wall as if to brace for impact out of reflex when she began this 'let's switch' move.

Catarina did all this with such speed that it took Ayato by surprise as he was not expecting something like this. Catarina had a look in her eyes that was a bit different from before, as if it had more dominance but for what...lust or violence or some sort of rough kinky action perhaps, he couldn't be sure. Ayato couldn't be sure of what she would do next, but he was enjoying the moment. Catarina's leg was now touching his 'family jewels' which was also a bit aroused and firm to the touch of her thigh. She wasn't trying to arouse him but by using the weights of their bodies she ended up closer than she thought out.

Catarina looked at Ayato with her own sinister glare.

"Still think you could handle it?" Catarina asked in a soft yet sassy voice as if to imitate Ayato's sassiness as she dug nails into his skin scratching it since she was still holding onto his collar. His shirt was as usual unbuttoned quite a bit so scratching him was easy enough. Ayato slightly hissed in pleasure at the scratch. Ayato was at first shocked by her action of pinning him against the wall she just had her back to, but then he grinned in a mischievous yet cocky way.

"That really turns me on, that sassy look really does it for me. So you like to be on top I see, fine by me we can take turns in all sorts of positions...we'll be kinky and sweating all night long" Ayato said in a soft yet assertive seductive voice as he then placed his hands around her waist and pulled her close enough to feel the bodies touch. There was no space between them now. Her breast was resting against his chest; their bodies were close enough that she could feel the 'excitement' in his pants grow. Ayato then grabbed her ass with both hands and closed any small gap that might have been there, almost challenging her.

Catarina had a sudden intake of breathe as she tried to hide her gasp; she couldn't help but feel some arousal. Ayato heard and saw it, which only made him grin in even more delight. Their 'lower nether regions', if you know what I mean, touched each other and were so close that any slight movement could further arouse them.

"While I'm sure you have plenty of endurance, such a thing is not convenient for me right now and like I said I cannot guarantee your safety" Catarina said in a plain yet tired tone of voice as she let go of his collar and he loosened his grip on her ass.

Ayato could tell she was still rather tired so even if they were to do something, he'd prefer her to be full of energy for such 'activities', if you know what I mean. ~_^

"You can't hurt me as bad as you think. Or have you forgotten what I am? Hehe, another time then FunBags...when you have more energy" Ayato said while grinning still in a devious yet cocky way. He simply used his hand to caress her cheek gently as he then tucked a strand of hair behind her ear softly.

Ayato then let go of her completely and Catarina took a few steps back letting go as well.

"I have not forgotten but I could ask you the same question...my skills are still there, if the need arose" Catarina said in a plain tone of voice with some sassiness still laced into her words.

Ayato watched her walk away 'admiring' the view from behind as she headed out.

Catarina headed to Reiji's office with the letter, envelope, and sample of Sebastian's blood.

As Ayato was headed back to his room he was still smiling his cocky little grin.

"She really knows how to get my juices flowing...damn that was hot. My 'sergeant' definitely needs saluting now...wow." Ayato thought to himself deviously as he bit his lower lip at some rather naughty thoughts.

***

(A/N: Ok Lime part done for now. Again, let me know if you don't want these warnings for Lime or Lemon parts. >////< *blushes* Author-chan will be ok...I need cold water. I hope you enjoyed that little teaser. ~_^)

Catarina knocked on Reiji's office door as it was closed which usually meant that he was working on something, which was often.

"Come in" Reiji said in a stern voice from inside.

Catarina walked in and closed the door behind her; it was something Reiji got her use to doing.

Catarina could see papers and equipment everywhere since his office was also his study for simple tests and experiments usually dealing with chemicals while the more "fun" experiments where conducted in the basement where his laboratory was.

She could see Reiji was busy working on something since he was looking into the microscope when she walked in. He had on his white gloves, which he usually wore in order to keep from tainting the samples, and had on a white long sleeved button down shirt and grey vest. He had a few buttons undone, about 3, so you could see part of his chest. His coat and tie were off to the side on a coat rack in the room.

**(This is how Reiji looked like at the moment, and yes even the open shirt part. Oh he had white gloves on though. A little Eye candy for my lovely readers)**

Catarina still hadn't changed out of the outfit she wore to the grocery store, it wasn't anything special. It was a t-shirt which hugged her curvy figure and some tight black jeans and black ankle high boots with a low high heel. She usually changes and wears slippers but at the moment she wanted to get these items to Reiji before anything else happened with the way her luck was going.

"Hello, sorry to disturb you but can I have a few minutes of your time to give you something?" Catarina asked in a polite yet monotone manner with a hint of tiredness.

Reiji turned around and noticed some things in her hands. He didn't mind having her interrupt him since he knew she wouldn't interrupt unless there was a good reason and she remembered her manners which pleased him.

"Of course, please have a seat. I could use a break. Would you like some tea?" Reiji spoke in a firm yet mellow voice as he gestured towards his couch seats which were around the coffee table.

(A/N: Oh no...tea from Reiji? Now behave yourself...Reiji...? I mean it...I'll make you wear that female cat costume Laito was talking about earlier. So help me I will do it...I'm warning you... >u<)

"Tea would be lovely, thank you" Catarina replied politely as she tried to remember the etiquette lessons Reiji taught her so far. She figured she might as well practice her social skills as much as she could since it was still rather...different for her.

Reiji prepared two cups of tea while he thought about sneaking in some chemical compound to test to see what her reaction would be but decided not to since she had some items as well as a bloody napkin, he figured he would do so some other time since the items looked like it could be important.

(A/N: Whew, a wise decision Reiji I knew you were smart.)

He also placed some biscuits (small cookies) to go with the tea. It wasn't anything like Kanato's tea parties but every now and then Reiji enjoyed being able to have an intelligent conversation with Catarina as he would usually do so when she needed to practice her social skills. It was also a way of testing to see how quickly she learned and put to practice what she learned.

Reiji placed the cups of tea and biscuits on the coffee table in front of her as he took a seat in the empty chair across from her.

Catarina took a sip of the tea and thought it was rather tasty, though her tea experience is limited but it was still appealing to her none the less. She remembered not to make a slurping or sipping sound the way Ayato does sometimes in order to annoy Reiji which Ayato in that moment may call Reiji "boring buzz kill" or some other name. And this of course annoys the hell out of Reiji and Ayato gets scolded about manners or whatnot.

"This tastes good, what is this flavor called?" Catarina asked calmly and plainly as she set her tea back down while she maintained eye contact, a habit the brothers have noticed she has which can often make her seem intense or intimidating when she doesn't mean it to be.

"I'm glad you like it, it's called Earl Grey" Reiji replied in a stern yet mellow tone of voice.

"I will try to remember that flavor, thank you" Catarina retorted back calmly and politely as she tried to remember the manners she was taught. She often practiced her social skills with Reiji since she knew Reiji would correct any mistakes she made.

"You're welcome. How do you feel?" Reiji curiously asked firmly yet politely as he raised an eyebrow to see what her answer would be.

"I'm fine just a bit tired" Catarina answered in a plain yet soft tone of voice as well with an evident tiredness laced into her words.

"I see, be sure to drink at least one of the juices you drank before you headed out to the store" Reiji ordered firmly as if he had some concern in his voice the way a doctor would to a patient.

Catarina simply nodded 'yes' in agreement knowing that he meant well and he had that stubborn disposition about him when he said it.

"Now, what have you brought that requires my attention?" Reiji asked as if snapping into 'business mode' with a pondering yet disciplined look.

"A letter along with its envelope I had found in my room that I assume was left by Sebastian whom I also assume you've met, from the scents in my room. The blood sample is from Sebastian, I encountered him at the grocery store's back storage room" Catarina explained monotonously yet calmly as if it was a normal day at the office.

Catarina used the provided napkin to wipe away any tiny bit of blood that might have gotten under her nails from when she scratched Ayato, who enjoyed it.

"I see, so you had fought him then...and your nails?" Reiji asked then pointed out sternly and curiously. Reiji looked at her then at her nails as if to point them out with his eyes.

"It's from scratching Ayato, he's fine if you're wondering" Catarina replied back calmly with a hint of sass in her tone of voice, which Reiji did catch since it's not every day she displays bouts of sassiness.

Give it time; she'll be just as sassy as them.

"I'm not as concerned for him as I'm curious as to why you scratched him. What did he do this time?" Reiji asked as he became more irritated knowing how much of a troublemaker Ayato can be. Reiji pushed up his glasses after he took a sip of his tea as well, like a professor ready to scold a student.

"I scratched him to prove a point, he didn't do anything I couldn't handle" Catarina answered vaguely as her sassiness was still present in her words.

"And I assume your point was made clear. I will have to have a talk with him about manners" Reiji retorted sternly as his irritation for his brother's mischievous behavior grew a bit more. Secretly Reiji did wonder what Ayato could have done to warrant a scratch which appeared to draw blood.

"Yes, my point was made and he did 'back off' as the saying goes. He was surprisingly tolerant for his personality" Catarina pointed out calmly and plainly now done cleaning the blood from her nails.

She gets straight to the point. Isn't that...refreshing?

Reiji paused for a moment. Her comment just now gave him the clue that she has been taking notes of their personalities as well. Of course he did expect some degree of mental note taking obviously but to also take note of usual personality behaviors means she's paying very close attention to them all even if they didn't think she was.

"She's more observant than I gave her credit for. I don't remember any mortal paying this much attention to detail before, let alone about us. Intriguing" Reiji pondered to himself.

"Back to the items at hand, you are correct we did encounter Sebastian as well, though we didn't fight him. You were smart to bring a sample of his blood to me...clever" Reiji firmly stated as he then smiled deviously at the word 'clever'.

Catarina would have said thank you but she didn't want to interrupt his train of thought since it looked like he had a few ideas floating around in his head as if to scheme. On the outside it looked like maybe he was thinking up something scientific related to the blood. But you never know with this mad scientist.

Reiji took the letter and envelope to study it carefully. He first looked at the seal and noticed how she was careful when opening the wax seal, which he appreciated because now he could see the design better than if it was broken. He began to read the letter, as he did Catarina tasted the biscuit and drank a bit more of her tea as she patiently waited for Reiji to get done with his initial analysis.

"Hmmm...I see. And did you plan to accept his invitation?" Reiji asked Catarina sternly after reading the letter. It almost seemed like there was a hint of jealously, but that would be crazy right?

(A/N: Hehe ^u^)

"I know that it is most likely either a trap or some sort of ploy to influence my mind in some way. If I did accept the invitation I think it would be wiser to go with one of you, perhaps someone calm under pressure if things should get...stressful could be a word for it" Catarina stated logically and calmly as if thinking up various strategies and scenarios. She seemed to be in a pondering state of her own. Reiji did appreciate how she sometimes had a strategic way of thinking.

"Why would you accept it though? And who did you have in mind?" Reiji asked curiously, though he had a fairly good idea as to why, he still wanted to hear Catarina say it since it would further provide insight as to how she thought things through and her perspective on how to resolve certain issues.

"I would think someone of your intellect would know why by now. No matter, I'm sure you would want to get an idea as to how I think. It's a wise move, one I would consider as well" Catarina stated plainly as if it was just a normal obvious thing.

This had surprised Reiji for a second or two, since he didn't think she would say something like that out loud.

"Did she say this out loud on purpose to throw me off? With her intellect, I wouldn't doubt it. Clever little kitten indeed" Reiji pondered to himself.

"It's the best way to gather information on who we are dealing with, though risky. Any other way would take more time and there wouldn't be any guarantee as to how much information we would obtain. I'm sure with the proper companion, we could fish out what information are lies and which are truths and hopefully get a better understanding of what is going on" Catarina continued to explain calmly while maintaining eye contact with Reiji.

That eye contact habit of hers often times intimidates her fellow classmates as she can unknowingly give a serious glare, like Reiji or Subaru, which could be misinterpreted as a mean glare or an 'I'm going to kick your ass' type of look.

"As to whom I would choose, like I said someone calm in general which would help if they tried to mentally throw us off with comments hoping to get an emotional reaction. So I would choose either you or Laito or Shu. The remaining three brothers are known to be more emotional, though I doubt Shu would be willing to help me as he has been careful to keep his distance from me which leaves you and Laito" Catarina added to her explanation, sort of the way Reiji explains things calmly. Her analysis wasn't wrong but the fact that she thought about just about everything through with an unbiased view was not only strategic and smart but also more calm than Reiji expected knowing she's in her menstrual cycle right now.

"I see your analysis and observational skills are as sharp as ever. You're not wrong and I would have come to the same conclusion. I do think that your choice of either me or Laito is a smart one. And who do you think would be the smarter choice between Laito and I?" Reiji further questioned in a serious tone hoping she would explain her decision further.

It was as if Reiji was taking mental notes, he was in his 'I'm thinking smart things' type of pondering mode.

"Well, Laito has the upper hand in terms of psychological analysis, which could come in handy but has one emotional flaw which may prove to be a hindrance if the opposing party notices it" Catarina said in a monotone yet contemplative way.

Reiji raised an eyebrow in a questioning way, as if to ask with his expression 'emotional flaw?'

Catarina noticed this, thanks to her social que lessons with Reiji.

"His flirting and sexual appetite" Catarina added to her statement in a 'wasn't this obvious?' type of tone.

Reiji seemed to have had an expression which conveyed 'ah right, duh of course'.

(A/N: Talking through expressions hehe)

So Catarina continued her analysis knowing Reiji wanted to hear it and would insist that she finishes her explanation. Reiji did have a habit of finishing what he started and holds this especially true when it came to his scientific experiments and potions.

"While you do have an analytic and scientific mind with your own observational skills, which of course would be useful, you have the weakness of sometimes being too disciplined which may be a hindrance if social skills became necessary to persuade the opposing party to be more talkative and calm instead of defensive. At least I have yet to see that side of you so I am unsure of whom just yet. I thought it would be wiser to ask if you were capable or comfortable to do so first" Catarina finished her explanation calmly and in her own firm tone of voice, almost as if she mimicked Reiji...which is cute really. She mimics the brothers in some behaviors often. And they often think it's cute even if they don't say it out loud.

"I see you are wise to ask first instead of jumping to conclusions or making assumptions. Yes I'm capable of talking both politically and socially. I simply don't do so around my brothers as I have no need to and there has yet to be an opportunity for you to see it. You know how disciplined I must be with my brothers in order to keep them in line" Reiji retorted firmly not in a mean way but more in a teacher explaining something to a student type of way.

"I see, then perhaps you would be the wiser choice in this matter" Catarina replied back in a pondering way as if playing possible scenarios in her head.

Reiji was secretly glad she chose him instead of Laito, though why he was glad he simply told himself that he saw it as an opportunity to see Catarina in action and take mental notes to jot down later in his notebook.

(A/N: Yeah right, ok you keep telling yourself that Reiji >u<)

"A wise decision indeed, now to take a look at who we are dealing with..." Reiji said firmly with an undertone of delight.

Reiji then took the bloody napkin which held a sample of Sebastian's blood and placed it next to his microscope and empty petri dish, then went to use a few tools to take a blood sample from the napkin to put on the petri dish.

Then grabbed a green colored solution, what Reiji calls his "potions" and placed a few drops onto the sample.

Reiji stood there a few minutes as if waiting for a reaction but nothing happened. He repeated the process about 6 more times.

"Hmm...interesting" Reiji pondered out loud without realizing it since it was something he did sometimes; thinking out loud helped him come up with solutions better sometimes.

(A/N: I do it too don't worry and I'm sure some of you lovely readers do that as well...right?)

"What's interesting?" Catarina questioned curiously now getting up to look at the row of samples that seemed to elicit no reaction.

"No reactions" Reiji replied back in a 'serious thinking' type of way.

"I'm guessing he's trying to figure out or get an idea of what Sebastian is judging by the test of 'waiting for a reaction' and the labels on the solutions he has pulled out of his cabinet" Catarina thought to herself as she was reading the labels on the solutions Reiji had pulled out.

She then saw one for vampire.

"Vampire? But if he was one wouldn't you have been able to sense it?" Catarina asked curiously once more hoping to get an idea behind his reasoning as she was sure it was a logical one since this is Reiji we're talking about here.

"Yes, normally we would but there are some bloodlines that can mask their presence making it difficult to tell what they are" Reiji explained as he was looking at the samples while still pondering other possibilities.

"I see she has already figured out what I'm trying to do, though it's not that difficult to tell. Anyone with average intelligence would be able to tell, well anyone except that idiot Yui" Reiji thought to himself wondering why he would even think of that.

"I see" Catarina retorted back as if she had learned something new.

Catarina curiously went over to look at the shelf in the cabinet Reiji kept pulling solutions out from and looked at the various choices.

She saw two in the back that seemed to have collected more dust on the glass bottle than the other solutions. So she grabbed both of those out.

One of the potions was labeled 'Demon' and the other 'Celestial'.

"How about these?" Catarina asked showing both potions she had in her hands, one was a murky white colored solution and the other a pink-ish red sort of magenta colored solution.

"It's doubtful that those would produce different results, the chance of Sebastian being one of those is highly unlikely" Reiji continued pondering after glancing at the solutions in her hands.

"Why is that?" Catarina asked now more curious as to why he said that so she listened as a student would a teacher, as if she was in one of Reiji's lessons again.

Reiji stopped pondering different solutions for a minute and looked at how curious Catarina was, so he figured what's the harm in a small explanation...besides the more she knows the more helpful it could be for him.

"Well, for one it is rare to encounter them and before you ask why I can only logically deduce the reason since no one really knows why unless you met one and asked. As powerful and old as they are, I can only assume how bored they must get after experiencing so much. I also assume that they live on a different plane or dimension then our world so it only adds to the difficulty of coming across any of them" Reiji spoke with seriousness you might find in a teacher giving a lecture as he pushed up his glasses, he appreciated Catarina's curiosity but sometimes it seemed like her curiosity had no end.

"That's interesting, but what do you have to lose by testing it anyway? A few minutes?" Catarina asked in her ordinary monotone voice but with a hint of sass in it this time.

She had a valid point, so Reiji figured fine, why the hell not.

Reiji prepared two more petri dishes for both potions, and first extracted a few drops from the potion labeled 'celestial' and waited to see if there would be any reaction.

While both Catarina and Reiji waited a few minutes to see if it would react she wondered how these samples or potions were even made if such beings were rarely encountered but then she figured it must have been from one of those rare encounters and might have obtained some sample or essence then.

Reiji is a prince and part of being royalty meant they could obtain anything they want...almost anything.

No reaction for the 'celestial' potion to Sebastian's blood. Then Reiji prepared the 'demon' potion and repeated the process of extracting a few drops to be placed on a small sample of Sebastian's blood. And almost immediately the blood reacted to the potion. The blood sample seemed to have sizzled and boiled and seemed almost as if it moved upwards then the blood settled with a tiny puff of pink mist coming off of it the way freshly baked cookies would have steam coming off of it.

Reiji was stunned but regained his composure after a moment of shock.

"A demon huh? This does explain a few things. Interesting results, if it wasn't for your curiosity Catarina I might not have considered testing it against this sample" Reiji said in a firm yet soft tone of voice as if to ponder and compliment at the same time. Confusing, I know.

Not sure if he was complimenting or insulting or a little of both.

"I know you said it was rare but is coming across a demon that rare? And what kind of demon do you think he is? I do have many questions as 'demons' is a topic I have not yet learned about but instead only heard in passing in one of Kanato's occult studies lesson. Is it a forbidden topic?" Catarina asked question after question as Reiji could see the curious kitten inside her become more inquisitive. Whenever there was a subject that she did not know, Catarina usually took it upon herself to learn what she could in order to better understand what was going on.

Demons and celestial beings was not part of her 'career'.

Reiji rubbed the side of his temple as he then adjusted his glasses. It was like a teacher having an overly eager student in the classroom.

"Your inquires will have to wait for now I need to figure out what kind he is and I can begin by having you tell me everything you saw and heard. Any details you might have left out no matter how small" Reiji proceeded to say hoping it would temporarily put a pause on Catarina's questions.

After a short while of Catarina answering Reiji's questions about Sebastian, which felt sort of like interrogation, they decided to take a short break. Catarina didn't mind the barrage of questions Reiji had since she knew that he was just being detailed.

Reiji then remembered the folder his father, Karlhienz, left behind for Catarina to look at and read about her past. Though Reiji knew that his father was purposely giving her only a little bit at a time since there was very little that his father didn't know and very little he couldn't find out. Karlhienz had enough resources and wealth and power to do almost anything he wished...almost, not quite anything he wanted.

Reiji then figured why not give Catarina the folder now but leave the part about not being given all the information part out.

"By the way, the last time my father was here he left a folder for you about your past" Reiji said as he walked over to his desk and opened a drawer to take out the folder. He had a firm voice but was curious as to how Catarina would take it.

"Thank you, I appreciate that" Catarina replied back simply and curiously in her usual monotone voice.

Reiji was curious as to why she didn't ask if he read it or if there would be more information coming or anything. Reiji saw how curios she was about demons and such but thought that she would be at least just as curious about her past, instead she was as calm as usual.

Reiji gave her an inquisitive look with a stern gaze and a raised eyebrow in curiosity.

Catarina noticed this and wondered why he reacted that way.

"What?" Catarina asked curiously with a slight head tilt. A habit she picked up from Kanato. Cute isn't it?

"I'm curious as to why you don't display the same level of curiosity you did a moment ago. One would think a person would be curious or excited or something about their past" Reiji answered back in a firm yet questioning manner while emphasizing the word 'something'.

"My training..." Catarina began to say then paused and pondered for a second while Reiji looked on in curiosity as to why she stopped for a moment. Catarina paused in order to think of a better way to explain it, as if she was talking to a normal person. It was her way of continuing her social etiquette practice and starting a sentence about training is not a social norm, at least according to her social etiquette lessons with Reiji.

Catarina stopped for a moment and had an obvious thinking expression. She then sat upright in a proper manner and spoke.

"Due to my upbringing, the concept of family is still rather foreign and new to me. That's not to say I'm not curios but I do tend to find topics related to my...'education' more interesting and useful" Catarina replied in her usual calm way but let out a breath of air as if she was holding her breathe. She really thought about how to talk to a fellow human student and let's just say that it took some concentration to do so. She seemed relieved the sentence was over in fact, as if to express a 'whew' type of expression.

Reiji was thrown off for a second since it's not how Catarina usually speaks and to see her relieved was a bit odd to him. Of course, but then he remembered she was practicing her social skills and usually did with him. Reiji smiled slightly the way a teacher would when proud of a hard working student.

"Your social skills are indeed improving but you seemed uncomfortable speaking that way. Instead try finding a way to communicate that's more comfortable to you but do keep practicing you're getting better but need to practice more" Reiji said in a firm manner as if a teacher was giving a student critique.

Catarina didn't mind the stern manner in which Reiji often spoke in especially when it came to lessons. She understood the need for discipline and was no stranger to it.

"I will keep trying, thank you" Catarina replied back plainly as a student might simply say 'yes sir'.

Reiji handed Catarina the folder with the info of her past in it. Of course, Reiji had already gone through it himself and was curious to know what she would think and how she would take it though his guess was that she probably wouldn't really react to it.

Catarina opened the folder and saw that there were two pages in it along with three photos. She first read the documents and then would look at the pictures afterwards.

Here's what the documents said;

~~~

Information on Catarina

Mother: Sophia -[blacked out]-

>>Born in Romania; Raised in Romania and Spain

>>Occupation: Historian/Archeologist

>>Hobbies: Piano, Dancing, Singing, crafts/décor i.e.-using flowers from Victor's garden

Father: Victor -[blacked out]-

>>Born in Naples raised in Geneva later went to Spain

>>Occupation: Scientist

>>Hobbies: Reading, listening to music such as Sophia's, Chess, Gardening

Daughter of Sophia and Victor

Name: Catarina, BC-13, aka "The Black Cat assassin"

Born: Spain

Birthday: November 8, 1999 (will be 19 this year)

>>Born same month and day as V-[blacked out] -

>>Her and her family moved around to avoid capture, about 7 countries before getting caught

>>Taken/caught: Russia past Moscow between Moscow and the Russian-Kazakhstan border due to good Intel from C.I.

>>Both parents deceased on the day of capture

>>Caught at age 3, just turned 3

>>>>Note: Was intelligent for 3 year old; able to form full sentences and grasp partially what was going on; i.e.-danger, the need to run/hide, recognition of familiar people, soft voice and speech associated with calm and caring person like her mother, having grasping concept of friend of parents must mean trust-worthy person

>>Able to distinguish and recognize musical patterns beyond intelligence of 3 year old, i.e.-song variations, tone and speech patterns

>>Could distinguish some emotions a person felt from body language, speech, and tone of voice analysis

>>Could count up to a certain point, beyond the average 3 year old.

>>Grasped the concept of death and pain earlier than most toddlers, understood its meaning and implications to a point

>>Understood some grownup concepts such as money buys things, deception, lying

>>Recognized some of parents works and hobbies i.e.- some of mother's plant variations & music & songs, some of father's chemicals used in projects for science, recognized some historical artifacts and historical facts due to mother's occupation

>>Could derive conclusions from given clues around her like a detective using deduction, beyond the means of a 3 year old

~~~

**(So the the woman on the left is Catarina's mother (Sophia), the man on the right (Victor) is her father, and that's little Catarina when she was 3 years old.)**

After reading the documents, Catarina calmly looked at the 3 pictures. She saw herself as a child and saw her parents for the first time.

Reiji studied Catarina's behavior and movements to see if there would be any sign of emotion or tears or anger or anything really. Since she is in her menstrual cycle, he thought there might be a chance of some obvious sign of emotion.

Catarina looked up at Reiji calmly with her usual poker face. She could tell he was obviously waiting for her reaction.

"Why were there 3 blacked out parts? The last names and the name whom I apparently share a birthday with" Catarina asked calmly like she usually does. If she was feeling something, she wasn't showing it.

(A/N: Someone needs to teach this girl poker and take her to a casino...I mean damn girl)

Reiji was intrigued by her stoic poise and manner of speaking.

"The documents were given to me as you see them. If my father blacked it out, I am not aware of it but there is the possibility that the documents were given to him like that as well. I'm sure there will be more information in time" Reiji replied back in a firm yet soft tone of voice.

"I see, thank you. Do you think your father could also find the name of the confidential informant as well?" Catarina asked once again calmly as usual.

(A/N: In case you were unaware, C.I. is short for confidential informant, otherwise known as a snitch, a rat, a tattle-tale but the adult version)

"Yes, I'm sure he can. I will pass your request along" Reiji replied back calmly with a firm yet soft tone of voice once again.

"Thank you" Catarina simply stated in return.

Catarina placed the pictures and documents back into the folder and handed it back to Reiji.

Reiji was a bit puzzled by this; he assumed she would want to keep it in her room especially the pictures. He raised an eyebrow in confusion and of course Catarina noticed this.

"Why are you handing the folder back to me? I assumed you would want to keep it since it is about you and was obtained for you" Reiji asked curiously and in that same firm yet soft tone of voice.

"I have already read it, as I assumed you have too. It is safer to keep it in your room in case any other intruder decided to pay my room a visit. And if I wish to see it again, I could just ask you...right?" Catarina stated plainly once again.

"Yes of course, if you wish to see it then ask me. You have a point about the intruder. But if someone could get into your room what makes you think my office is any safer?" Reiji asked curiously to see what she might say.

"I know you have a safe guard around this room since you keep some of your important documents and scientific experiments here. If some of the information here fell into the wrong hands, I'm sure it would be bad for you and them" Catarina retorted back with confidence and a hint of sass but not too evident.

Reiji at first was a bit surprised but of course at this point he expected nothing less from her. Reiji smirked in amusement at her keen observation and deduction skills.

"You are right in that respect. That's rather keen of you to notice, though I expect as much from you" Reiji said with his slightly sinister smirk still evident.

"Thank you. I think I will get a snack and rest, please excuse me" Catarina said calmly with a hint of fatigue.

"Of course, remember to drink some juice to avoid becoming anemic" Reiji sternly said but more in a 'hey don't forget' kind of way.

Catarina simply nodded 'yes' in response to Reiji and walked out of Reiji's office while remembering to close the door behind her as she made her way towards the kitchen to grab a snack to take to her room.

Catarina made herself a small cheese and salami mustard sandwich and poured herself a glass of grape juice as Reiji sternly suggested...more like an order but hey that's Reiji for you. The sandwich was one that Ayato suggested she tried so Catarina figured now was a good a time as any.

Catarina then went to her room with her sandwich on a plate and drink in hand and placed it on a nearby nightstand as she changed into something more comfortable.

"I do want to know more about my past but I'm more curious as to why my parents and I were chased in the first place. I suppose I will find out in time" Catarina thought to herself calmly as she made her way to her room with her snack and drink in hand.

Catarina was now in her undergarments and loose long flowing hair when she decided to check out her back. Her stitches were gone by now but in its place remained a big 'X' on her back, two big scars from when she was injured. She figured some of it might fade but not all most likely, even with her unusual ability to heal and Reiji's miracle medicine. But she simply saw it as just more scars to add to her already scarred body.

She removed her bra and put on a black loose fit tank top with matching short shorts and had no socks on. The shirt said 'Stay up all night' in a white font on the front. It was sort of like a pajama/lounging outfit. And of course it was an outfit the triplets helped her pick out. They did enjoy picking out her clothes, which Catarina didn't mind since it saved her the trouble of trying to decide. Picking out clothes seemed like a tedious chore to her sometimes as she was still grasping the whole fashion concept.

**(This is Catarina's pajamas. And is black and that short and has the white writing on her shirt)**

Catarina got used to loose fit tops as pajamas thanks to the hospital gown she had always worn and from the long white shirt Reiji had given her in the beginning when she didn't have any pajamas and was still healing her back. She had gotten used to loose fitting clothes to relax in since relaxing was something she still was getting used to as well, not having been properly able to relax till she met the Sakamakis.

Catarina had opened her laptop to watch a movie that Subaru had suggested to her since he found out the type of "movies" that Laito had been suggesting. This was a Disney movie he thought she might enjoy called Mulan.

She ate her sandwich and drank her juice as she lay back on her bed watching the movie without any headset since the volume wasn't loud enough to bother anyone. She was careful to not make a mess on her bed and simply placed the empty plate and glass back on the nearby nightstand as she continued watching the movie on her bed. She also took a few bites of the chocolate that Subaru handed her and she quite enjoyed it. She decided to save some for later though.

(A/N: Lime warning...yes lime but on the border of a full on lemon, think of this as a teaser of more passion to come ~_^ let me know what you thought as this is my first time writing something like this >///.///< *blushes* I hope you lovely readers like it. If you do want warnings like this, then I will indicate the lime/lemon parts with the 3 stars, like this --> *** before & after the part)

***

While Catarina was doing the whole changing and eating bit, there was a guest who had arrived. The doorbell rang and one of the maids opened it. It was the girl from the market Laito had invited to come over, Mai.

(A/N: Remember when Catarina, Subaru and Laito went to the grocery store and Laito flirted and convinced a shy girl, who was staring at Laito, to pay a visit? Yeah that's this girl)

Mai had shoulder length dark brown hair and dark green eyes (sort of like hazel). She was a small to medium build and a little on the skinny side. She wore a dark blue skirt which came down to about mid-thigh length and had on a white short sleeved button down shirt with frills on the sleeves as well as white thigh high socks. Her hair was loose and she had a small black purse and low high-heeled black shoes.

As Mai waited for the door to be opened, she found herself lost in thought. "I remember his sweet seductive words, he knew me so well unlike anyone else as if he saw into my soul somehow... he said he could 'help me forget even if for just one night'...ah to finally be accepted by someone...one night of passion..." Mai thought to herself, thinking of Laito's sweet words he had softly spoken to her at the grocery store with such desire.

The thought of those sweet words were enough to dust her cheeks a light pink color. She began to have doubts about coming. It was so unlike her. She began to think, "Am I really doing this?"

And after a few minutes, the door opened and she had a small intake of breathe suddenly as though a gust of wind had taken her breathe away. She was escorted into the entrance of the mansion and was amazed at the size. She's never been in a mansion before so naturally she was astonished.

Mai walked along behind the maid as the maid had then suddenly stopped. Mai wasn't paying attention and had bumped into the maid.

"Oh please excuse me" Mai stated politely and timidly.

The maid gave her a small smile and walked away. Mai thought it was odd, especially since the maid had not ushered a word yet, but figured that Laito would soon be out to greet her. Mai heard a small giggle behind her and jumped a bit while letting out a small yelp at the same time since she didn't hear or expect anyone to be behind her all of the sudden.

Mai tried to collect herself but Laito's emerald gaze didn't make it any easier.

"Nfufu~ well hello my little pet, I'm so glad you came" Laito cooed seductively with a smirk. He gently grabbed her hand with one hand and brought it up to his lips as he kissed the back of her hand delicately like a flirty gentleman, which made Mai blush even more. Laito had smirked into the kiss while keeping his gaze upon Mai.

Laito was wearing his fedora hat, a tight white tank top and long loose dark green silk-like pants that looked like the kind you wear when you are lounging about the house. And his usual smirk adorned his face. Mai become so embarrassed and shy that she looked away as she tried to hide her blush but was failing of course.

**(This is to help you imagine what Laito would look like in a tank top (for men) and he has his fedora hat on too. And this was to give a little eye candy for my lovely readers)**

Laito stood in front of her closer than a moment ago and he lifted her chin, with his free hand, so that their eyes met. The idea of personal space eluded him at the moment. Laito used the hand which held her hand to caress Mai's arm and as he did her cheeks went from light pink to a darker shade as she felt more nervous and excited at the same time. She could feel her heart beat faster.

"Nfufu~ you're looking awfully cute in that skirt...it's a good idea but I've got to wonder if you're trying to tempt me" Laito spoke in a soft silky voice as he looked her up and down and winked at her when he mentioned the skirt being a good idea.

Mai thought about it for a second then blushed even more now once it occurred to her what he was hinting at. She wanted to say 'thank you' for the 'looking cute' comment but she was a bit too embarrassed to say anything.

Laito simply giggled at her reaction and gently took her hand as he escorted her to his room.

Mai was so embarrassed and not used to such directness, or flirting, that the thought of what he was implying floated around in her head and before she knew it they were in his room.

**(That's Laito's room, except right now he has silk black and green sheets and has a more dim lighting romantic ambiance to it)**

**(I thought this would be a nice little mood setting song and suits Laito rather well)**

She looked around and noticed the lighting in the room was dim with closed curtains, as if to set a romantic mood. Mai expected to see kinky toys or something, knowing his reputation, but actually didn't see anything like that. She didn't notice Laito close the door to the bedroom.

Laito's smirk was ever so devious like a wolf leading a lamb to his den for dinner.

Mai didn't even notice Laito slip her purse off of her shoulders and set it to the side as he then escorted her to sit at the foot of his large soft silk sheet covered bed. His touch was so soft and gentle that Mai felt like she was floating. The sheets were a forest green and black.

As Laito got closer, Mai felt more nervous, now realizing where she was sitting.

(A/N: Remind you of a certain spacey blonde we all know?)

Laito removed his hat and brushed his hair back with his free hand and tossed his hat onto a nearby dresser drawer.

**(Laito's hair brushing movement.)**

He could hear her heart beat increase when he did this and knew that Mai found it attractive. Laito's smirk hinted at some deviousness as he knew just how to turn her on. He knew Mai's type all too well.

"Now then my little pet, shall we have some fun?" Laito cooed seductively as he smirked and gazed into her eyes. Mai couldn't answer as she was still blushing quite a bit right now.

Laito walked up and leaned down towards Mai as Mai instinctively leaned back as if to maintain a certain distance between them. Laito placed his hands next to her thighs as she was now leaning backwards on the bed while barely supporting herself up with her forearms.

Laito giggled at her flushed face and behavior and decided to have a little fun.

Laito began to crawl towards her as she was crawling backwards till she didn't realize she had crawled to the head of the bed.

Laito was now towering over her as she felt even more nervous.

Mai hadn't realized that her shoes, which were easy to slip off, had also slipped off at some point somehow. She figured it was probably when she began to crawl backwards and didn't pay attention to what was happening.

"Are you nervous my little pet?" Laito asked in a silky smooth voice as he continued to smirk with his piercing gaze. He already knew the answer but wanted to make her more nervous.

He knew he had complete control over a timid girl like her.

"Y-yes I am a-a bit nervous" Mai struggled to say with Laito still towering over her boxing her in with his hands next to her head and one leg between her legs.

"Nfufu~ there's no need to be nervous...relax and enjoy yourself. Don't think of anything...except...the pleasure while I explore all the places you were too embarrassed to show anyone else" Laito leaned down and seductively whispered into her ear and whispered the word 'pleasure' in a silkier tone of voice dripping with lust. The way Laito talked smoothly could make just about any 'normal' female melt in his hands.

Mai could feel his breathe on her ear as she then felt her heart beat so fast in excitement she thought it might be deafening to hear.

Laito then nibbled on the ear he just whispered in and trailed soft kisses down her neck while moving loose strands of hair with one hand as he began to unbutton her shirt slowly at the same time with the other. Mai had a sudden intake of breathe when Laito first nibbled her ear, their bodies now closer to each other as they could feel each other's chest glide across the other.

Mai let out a small moan of pleasure with the trail of kisses going from her ear down to the crook of her neck and slowly towards the collarbone, her breathing becoming more erratic as she felt more desire fill her from within, hungering for Laito's passionate sensual touch.

Mai's shirt was now fully unbuttoned exposing her light pink and white laced bra.

Laito then made his way to Mai's lips as he began to kiss her slowly and deeply with a craving in each movement he made. Mai, beginning to loose herself in the desire she felt in this moment and simply responded instinctively by kissing him back. Laito first licked her lips and gently bite her bottom lip seductively asking permission to enter and she granted it with excitement. As Mai and Laito were deepening the kiss, Laito grabbed the back of Mai's head to deepen the kiss and snaked his free hand behind her back as soon as Mai arched her back in pleasure as she had grabbed the bedsheets lightly.

He swiftly in one motion unfastened her bra's clasp and lifted her up as he sat her on his lap near his manhood. Mai ran her fingers through Laito's soft smooth hair as she was enjoying every moment of this passionate kiss not realizing she was now straddling Laito. Laito's cheeks were now dusted in a light pink color as Mai's was a much darker shade of pink. His blush was cute to see though.

Laito let out a small moan of pleasure as his hands snaked its way to slipping Mai's shirt and bra off. Laito moaned not only because he was enjoying himself but also to increase her desire for him knowing it would excite her more. And almost as if on que, after Mai heard Laito's sensual moan, and seeing his blush, it had awoken more passion within her as she now tried to take Laito's tank top off...which he did effortlessly to keep the rhythm going. Laito's movements were smooth and fluid as if to keep to the rhythm of a song or beat.

Laito's manipulation also extended to the bedroom, where he was sufficiently skilled at.

Laito wanted to take it a bit further, now that he could feel Mai becoming more excited since she was still straddling him. He could feel the dampness of her underwear seep through to his pants a bit since he was not wearing any underwear under his pants. His lounging pants were of a soft thin material and soft to the touch. He expected her arrival which is why he wasn't wearing any boxers.

Laito could feel Mai move forward and backward a bit and the wiggling around excited his manhood a bit, enough for Mai to feel the hardness a little. For Laito, the movement felt like dry humping and excited a certain part of his body, though he does have some self-control. His self-control is to be able to either prolong the "activity" or finish it early as he wished.

He moved one hand to cup a breast and see just how aware she was. Seeing that she didn't stop he decided to 'play' with her bud using his index finger and thumb pinching it gently. This earned him a pleasurable moan out of Mai as he continued to sensually massage and play with the same breast.

Laito leaned Mai back onto the bed while continuing the kiss as he every now and then still licked her lips and sensually bite her bottom lip to keep her passion going.

He now began to trail kisses from her lips to her collarbone and eventually to the breast not being massaged. He licked and sucked on her bud as her bud hardened from the attention. Mai had a sudden in-take of breathe at the sudden attention her breast was getting from Laito's soft gentle lips and tongue. Mai arched her back as well as closed her eyes and let out a moan of pleasure which made Laito smirk into the sucking as he then switched breasts to give the other an equal amount of attention. Mai grabbed the bedsheets and arched her back once again as he now slowly trailed his kisses down towards her skirt line.

Laito slipped her skirt off in swift smooth motion and began to pull her underwear off with his teeth as he smirked while having a lustful look in his eyes. He slipped it off part of the way and then smoothly removed it the rest of the way with one hand. Her underwear matched her bra and was pink and white with lace as well. He did think it was cute but not what he would have chosen.

**(A hot and sweaty Laito...need I say more?)**

**(I thought this might be a suiting song ~_^ )**

Mai felt a bit embarrassed that he could now see her womanhood.

"Now my little pet, sing my name while I make you 'dance' as well...Nfufu" Laito cooed seductively in a smooth voice that was dripping with lust as he continued to smirk. Mai simply nodded 'yes' entranced by his voice as she had a longing lustful look for him to continue. He could have said anything and Mai would have agreed to it. Laito knew he had her fully in his control right now.

Laito crept closer as he lifted her legs up a bit and lowered her white thigh high socks only a bit, leaving just enough room for him to bite down on.

**(Laito and his favorite part, the inner thigh. But he doesn't have a shirt on and she doesn't have anything on)**

He lifted her legs up and placed them on his shoulders as he lowered himself towards her womanhood. First he gently glided his index and middle finger across her womanhood as a teaser, specifically being sure to touch her clitoris. Mai's reaction would tell him what excited her, as some women had a different level of sensitivity. His other hand caressed her thigh slowly. He could see how moist she had already become from the foreplay.

Mai, upon the sensual touch, slightly arched her back and gave out a slight moan of pleasure again and an exhale of breathe. He then decided to begin to kiss her inner thigh, his favorite area to 'drink' from, as he slowly trailed kisses towards her womanhood. He had also begun to slowly and gently insert his fingers in small increments. Mai let out a gasp and moan of pleasure as her breathing deepened as if to catch her breathe. Eventually half of his index and middle finger was in her womanhood as he then pulled it out slowly. He repeated this a few times slowly increasing the speed and inserted his two fingers a bit more each time and each time Mai would let out a moan of pleasure. Laito decided to continue inserting his two fingers in and then out slowly as he gave proper 'attention' to her clitoris and then pulled out his fingers to give proper 'attention' to her womanhood. His tongue danced around her womanhood and clitoris and then switched to inserting his two fingers in and out, keeping with the rhythm and speed he had going. Mai was a moaning mess and her moans became louder the faster and increased the more Laito continued. Laito let out a few small moans himself, as he was beginning to get more excited the more he heard her moan with passion.

All this time though, he would occasionally glance over to see how much pleasure she was feeling, his own cheeks still dusted a light pink. It was almost like admiring his handy work and making sure his partner was fully satisfied was something he always managed to achieve.

She neared her climax and moaned out loudly, "L-LAITO...Aaahh...I-" Mai only managed to say loudly as she grabbed the bed sheets, arched her back with tightly closed eyes and head thrown back while she continued to moan out in pleasure. She could feel a sensation build-up and take over giving her a lustful ecstasy as the pleasure she felt washed over her. Laito could feel the walls of her womanhood tighten around his fingers, so he stopped before she could climax.

Laito was pleased with himself, which you could tell from his smirk.

Mai looked down with a feverish look and flushed cheeks in a dark pink color, she was disappointed Laito stopped and had a lustful pleading look for him to finish what he started.

"Nfufu~ do you feel that good? Hmm my little pet?" Laito asked in a silky seductive voice even though he knew the answer. He had his devious smirk and lustful emerald eyes.

Mai only managed to say, "Y-yes" in a soft exhale that had a pleasurable moan mixed in with her reply.

Laito giggled while adorning that smirk of his along with his lustful emerald eyes. His eyes began to hold a different kind of hunger besides lust. He too had become a bit 'excited', which was evident in his manhood.

His tongue went back to dancing around her womanhood including her clitoris with a certain kind of tongue movement; he found a sweet spot which he paired with his fingers continuing rhythm of entering and exiting her womanhood at a faster pace. This sent Mai over the edge as her moans grew louder and she could feel that build-up around her lower regions once again. The walls of her womanhood tightened even further around Laito's two fingers as he continued his skillful tongue twisting movements around her womanhood. She couldn't hold it in anymore, it was like fireworks exploding with a sensual wave of lustful ecstasy. Mai threw her head back and arched her back as she grabbed the bedsheets, as her legged involuntarily twitched she let out a moan much louder than before 'singing' Laito's name while her body did indeed 'dance'.

"Ah...AAaahh....AAAaahhhh...Oh my-...L-LAITO" Mai moaned out in glorious pleasure.

Mai's lower region felt like a wave of sexual energy just washed over her and felt as if she was floating once again, but she craved more.

"Ah~ I don't think I can take it anymore..." Laito sensually said as he mixed in a small moan himself with his cheeks still a light pink.

He grabbed Mai's inner thigh a little tightly with one hand and bite down a little roughly as he drank her blood.

***

(A/N: blushing moments over for now, lime/lemon part I mean)

Mai at first didn't process what just happened as she was still riding the lustful wave of her climax out but then felt a sharp prick on her inner thigh and when she lifted her head to see what Laito was doing...she saw him biting her inner thigh with a blush on his cheeks and a hunger in his eyes. Suddenly to her, those beautiful lustful emerald eyes looked more hungry and sinister than before.

Mai tried to pull her leg away a bit at first but that only tightened his grip as he also tightened the bite a bit. The pain of this was starting to take effect and Mai began to worry still not fully understanding if this was some kinky foreplay or something else.

Laito stopped for a moment, fangs exposed and blood dripping from his soft sensual lips with a devious smirk to match.

"Nfufu~ that didn't hurt now did it? Oh poor thing, let's see how much you can take in one night. Now then, let's get back to enjoying ourselves shall we, my little pet?" Laito spoke in a soft silky voice with a devious smirk to match. He was obviously enjoying himself.

It finally hit Mai when she sat up and saw the blood coming from her thigh as well as two puncture marks.

"Y-You're a...a...vampire?!" Mai stuttered out in disbelief and shock. She couldn't believe what was happening. She was now terrified of Laito. All the pleasure she felt just moments ago was now replaced with fear and shock.

Laito sat up looking at her with a more sinister smirk, as if to reveal his darker side.

**(A mood changer, he's up to no good. I know Yui is in that pic but try to ignore it ^_^)**

Mai's immediate reaction was to run and scream but was currently frozen in fear.

"M-My leg...I'm so scared. I have to get out of here! Oh my God! But how? And I'm naked!" Mai thought to herself with a terrified look on her face and tears streaming down the sides of her cheeks. Laito, upon seeing the terrified look on her face couldn't help but let out a small giggle, her look of fear entertained his more sadistic side.

Mai saw the chair behind Laito had a long short sleeved button down dark blue shirt that looked like it would be long enough to cover her 'lady bits'.

So Mai was going to grab that and run out the door and try to find help or get to some safe place away from Laito. Of course, it didn't occur to her that others in the house might be vampires too.

Mai sprung from the bed and headed for the door as she grabbed the shirt on her way. She couldn't help but let out the scream she wanted to yell out a few minutes ago. "AAaaahhhhhh!" Mai, with shocked wide eyes, screamed out in fear loud enough for all to hear.

Laito simply chuckled and watched her run out the door screaming. He knew she wasn't going to get far but he loved the chase and knew his brothers enjoyed it as well. It was one thing that they could all agree on, almost like thanksgiving for vampires.

"Nfufu~ this should be fun. I wonder how Kitten will react when she sees this side of us. *sighs* probably like everyone else has. I guess we'll find out soon enough" Laito thought to himself as he waited to give Mai a head start. He knew that the scream and smell of blood would draw everyone out.

Mai managed to put the shirt on and button up a bit as she ran. She didn't know which way to go since she didn't pay attention to where the front door was and figured as long as she could get away she'd be safe.

The mansion was like a maze to Mai. As she ran, she left behind drops of blood dripping from her leg. This didn't occur to her just yet though. She was panting heavily since she was not only panicking but was a bit tired from her "personal time" with Laito.

As Mai was running away, well attempting to anyway, the brothers in the house not only heard the scream as it was rather loud but the nearby brothers caught the smell of blood too.

Of course the triplets were the first to take part in this chase. The remaining three brothers were more curious and controlled themselves more than admit that they too wanted to simply give into their more primal desires of hunting prey.

As all this was going on, Catarina had heard the scream and was curious, as usually. Then she caught the slight smell of blood, as she was one of the closer ones to Mai's position.

"I wonder what's going on" Catarina thought to herself as she got up to check out what was going on.

When Mai was running, Laito 'popped up' in front of her, using his teleportation abilities to get Mai to run by Catarina's door knowing Catarina's curious kitty side would want to investigate what the commotion was about.

Ayato caught up with Laito and was wondering what his plan was as he recognized Laito's 'I'm up to something look'. Ayato had of course noticed that Laito was shirtless and wearing his dark green long lounging pants, which could also be used as pajamas. So Ayato had a good idea of what Laito was doing prior to the screaming, since he had no shirt, his fangs were dripping with blood and there was a slight bulge in his pants.

"Oi, what are you up to?" Ayato asked Laito curiously in a 'just tell me already' type of tone.

"Nfufu~ isn't it obvious? I'm having fun, while testing something out" Laito replied in a sinister tone while he adorned his mischievous smirk.

"Testing what?" Ayato asked in a curious yet confused state. Ayato got the whole bang 'n bite part of Laito's night, but what could he be testing right now?

"You'll see" Laito answered back playfully with a smirk.

Just as Mai was approaching Catarina's door, Kanato suddenly teleported in front of Mai as Mai gave off a small yelp of fear while trying to run around Kanato. Kanato had his creepy smile with his signature head tilt. Kanato simply said, "I can't wait to taste you".

While all this was happening for a time frame of about a few minutes, ten at the most, Catarina placed her laptop to the side and opened her door at the exact moment Mai was running around Kanato and at that moment Laito and Ayato teleported to Mai's location as well. Their eyes glowed as the smell of Mai's blood was strong to them now, since they were that close.

Mai bumped into Catarina since she wasn't paying attention to what was in front of her as Mai was looking behind her.

Mai saw Catarina and thought that maybe Catarina could help her.

Catarina saw this girl (Mai) in nothing but a partially buttoned down shirt with a strong smell of blood. Catarina saw the blood dripping from her leg and the triplets behind Mai with a hungry glow in their eyes; she knew that Mai was dinner. Catarina also noticed the way Laito looked and had a pretty good idea of what they were doing prior to this.

"She's the girl from the store" Catarina thought curiously to herself in a calm manner.

"Oh my God, please help me, they're trying to kill me" Mai pleaded as tears streamed down her face. Mai grabbed Catarina's pajama tank top out of desperation, hoping she'd help her out. Catarina wasn't wearing a bra since she was resting so there might have been a side 'view' slip when Mai grabbed Catarina's top. This of course didn't go unnoticed but just wasn't openly addressed at the moment.

The triplets; Ayato, Kanato, and Laito, were curious as to what Catarina would do. And Ayato just figured out what Laito meant earlier when he said he was testing something out.

"Ha, so he wants to see what FunBags would do huh? This should be interesting" Ayato thought to himself with a big mischievous grin on his face.

Catarina noticed everyone in their lounging outfits while Laito had nothing but long dark green pajama pants on, no shirt, and bloody fangs with a devious smile to match.

"He looks good shirtless, hard to tell he has such a toned body with the way he dresses" Catarina thought to herself. On the outside she had her poker face, but on the inside her frisky side couldn't help but notice Laito's toned chest. She was able to keep it in check right now though.

And in that moment Shu was watching this unfold from afar, curious to see what Catarina would do as did Subaru but from a separate spot. And after Reiji heard the commotion going on, he decided to 'pop up' to where it was happening right after Mai pleaded for help and grabbed onto Catarina's tank top.

"What is going on here?" Reiji demanded firmly. He didn't mind the 'personal activities' his brothers liked to do as long as they did it in their own room.

Catarina had a cold, emotionless and indifferent look. Catarina looked at Reiji then the three triplets, but was also aware of Subaru and Shu watching from a distance.

Catarina removed one of Mai's hands from her shirt and grabbed her throat firmly with the other hand and placed a bit of distance between her and Mai since she had latched onto Catarina.

Catarina could smell Laito's scent on this girl (Mai) so she knew she was his prey and this was a hunt.

The sudden action Catarina took was swift and Mai could feel the strength as she slightly gasped for air grabbing Catarina's hand trying to remove it but to no avail. This action surprised the brothers too, even if they didn't want to show it.

"W--what...a...are you...acck....doing?!" Mai struggled to ask Catarina with desperate eyes.

Catarina ignored her and first looked Laito in the eyes with dilated pupils as she then shoved Mai towards him while saying, "Finish your meal." Catarina had a look like a cat ready to hunt or pounce, her voice was her usual calm monotone voice.

Laito, for a split second had a shocked expression which Catarina did catch, but he quickly recovered and then had his usual smirk on, to keep his brothers from noticing.

"Really Kitten?" Laito asked in a playful curious tone as Mai's back as now against Laito's chest and she was shaking from fear of what might happen now. Laito held Mai by the shoulders tight enough to keep her from escaping, not that she was going to get very far.

Mai was shocked that Catarina didn't help her since she didn't seem like Laito. Mai noticed everyone's eyes glow except Catarina's while Ayato and Kanato's fangs were quite visible. They had a hungry look in their eyes.

"W-why don't you help me? Please save me, he's a monster...they all are...just look at them!" Mai yelled out loud with tearful eyes as the anger, fear and disbelief could be heard in her words.

"Monsters she says...if they are then I am too. Strange that she'd think I would help her" Catarina thought to herself wondering what impression she might have given to indicate she'd help her.

Catarina simply looked at the girl with a cold look and spoke in a monotone manner, "You are simply prey to be feed on, and your safety means nothing to me."

This surprised everyone, even Shu.

Shu didn't expect Catarina to say something like that, especially when he had spoken a similar phrase when Yui use to live there. The rest of the brothers didn't expect her statement would reflect what they thought sometimes when it came to feeding. They did not expect Catarina to think that much like them. It felt like she understood them.

Laito also couldn't help but be amazed at how accepting Catarina seemed to be, like it didn't bother her at all.

(A/N: So did you think Catarina was going to help Mai? I'm curious to know what you thought.)

Ayato and Kanato couldn't help but get rather hungry with the smell of blood right next to them.

"Did you really think you could get away by running? I think now is the time for the much anticipated screaming. Please scream at the top of your lungs" Ayato said menacingly with a devious grin as he turned to grab Mai to satisfy his growing hunger.

"I'm hungry too!" Kanato whined as he still held onto Teddy.

Reiji wasn't sure what reaction to expect from Catarina but in a way he was relieved that she didn't react like every other mortal had...by screaming or trying to save the prey, not that he expected that but at most he figured she'd simply ignore it and go back to whatever she was doing.

Reiji of course wasn't about to have more blood spilt all over the hallway floor.

"This is not the place for it; take it to your room or somewhere else more private. It's rude to disturb others" Reiji demanded firmly in his 'I mean it' type of tone.

"Nfufu~ why of course. Ayato, Kanato...here have your fill I've already had my fill earlier" Laito stated with his devious grin still ever so present but was looking Catarina in the eyes when he said it. It's almost like a stare down to see who flinches first.

Ayato and Kanato grinned like kids who were just given their favorite candy.

"Hey Ayato, let's go to where my doll collection is" Kanato stated in a sort of questioning excited way to Ayato with a hopeful gleam.

"Yeah sure why not since Sir Spectacles here can't seem to loosen up a bit" Ayato said with an obvious hint of sarcasm towards Reiji. Of course he was grinning a devious impish smile when he said it. Reiji simply gave Ayato a stern look and pushed up his glasses. Ayato loved teasing Reiji, in case it wasn't obvious.

As Ayato and Kanato 'popped' away with the girl Mai, the only ones left standing by Catarina's door was herself, Laito and Reiji. Subaru 'Tched' and walked off when Ayato and Kanato left as did Shu but seemed to have a questioning look. It was as if he was asking himself "Was I wrong to mistrust her? Maybe she'll be different from everyone else." He seemed to be more curious about her now; he figured perhaps he should spend some time with her to see what she's really like as he 'popped' away back to his room.

Laito wanted to see if he could still get a rise out of Catarina somehow, some objection or something like that. It was as if he was trying to prove that she couldn't be this accepting. So Laito walked up to Catarina and gently but swiftly grabbed the side of her face with a blood stained hand and kissed Catarina on the lips with his bloody lips. Laito expected Catarina to take a step back or something like that but she didn't, not even a flinch.

Reiji was secretly a bit jealous and uncomfortable but also curious to see what she would do.

Catarina had a sudden intake of breathe but on the outside appeared calm, though they both heard it. It was a quick kiss as Laito then smiled deviously while still standing in front of her rather closely. Catarina licked the blood from her lips and both Reiji and Laito then saw her eyes go from fully dilated to cat-like pupils but nothing else changed so far. This surprised Reiji but he found it interesting, it was as if the taste of blood could also trigger her instinctual side. He made a mental note of this to document later.

"Even though I disagree with Laito's method, this did show a rather interesting aspect. Catarina's more animalistic side could come out in certain situations besides her 'condition'. I wonder if there are other ways to test this. Hmmm...I will have to come up with some different methods. This might help give me insight into how I could try to control this side for when the time comes" Reiji pondered to himself as if his more 'mad scientist' side took over his thoughts in that moment. He began cooking up different ways to experiment what he was thinking with his chin resting in his hand in deep thought.

Meanwhile, Laito smiled when he saw her lick the blood from her lips.

"A bit on the salty side for my taste" Catarina said in a slightly sassy manner while trying to maintain her poker face. She found Laito's proximity alluring, her "frisky" side was getting a bit more difficult to control.

Reiji then snapped out of his thoughts cleared his throat at first and Laito took a few more steps back. Catarina's comment snapped him out of his thoughts.

"I believe that was enough excitement for tonight" Reiji said while glaring at Laito. Laito simply giggled and walked off, but before he did he playfully said, "Good night, Kitten" and winked at her as he took in the site of her one last time before heading back to his room.

Reiji called for a maid, two appeared, who both appeared rather suddenly almost as if out of nowhere and order them to clean up any blood stains around. And just as swift as they came they bowed and left.

Yes, the maids and butlers move like the wind...like ninjas.

(A/N: Anyone else getting a distinct 'maybe they're cousins to a certain black butler with red eyes that we know' vibe here?)

Reiji then took out a handkerchief from his pocket and began to clean Catarina's face gently. She didn't mind it, in fact when he was cleaning the side of her face right under the chin she instinctively tilted her head a bit to the side and began purring a little, her way of expecting him to pet her. He thought it was rather cute but couldn't help but be curious about her behavior and statement. He wanted to better understand her.

When there's something that Reiji needed to know, figure out, or accomplish...he usually did. In fact, he has yet to leave anything he starts unfinished and is usually successful.

"I didn't think you saw humans as prey, of course I didn't think you would save her but I'm curious as to what made you say what you did?" Reiji asked softly yet with an obvious curiosity laced into his words. He was wondering if she realized what she said or if was more like an automatic response, which helps him understand how her instinctual side affects her if its only in physical behavior or psychological as well. He wanted to know if she had similar patterns of behavior outside of the 'condition' she mentioned to him (in-heat condition).

Catarina looked at him, and stopped purring.

"I was aware of what I said, it wasn't instinctual" Catarina responded back in her usual monotone manner with a hint of struggle in her tone of voice.

Reiji was standing close to her as well, since he was helping to wipe off some of the blood on her face and neck as well as some drops of blood on her shoulder and cleavage.

When Catarina said that though, it made Reiji pause of a few seconds and made him wonder if she possibly had the ability to read minds too.

After he regained his composure, he decided to ask her since she has yet to lie and is known to be honest to the point of sometimes being too honest.

"Do you have the ability to read minds as well?" Reiji asked curiously as he kept an eye on her body language with a raised eyebrow to further show his curiosity.

"No, not that I'm aware of...I just assumed what you thought as it seemed like the most logical one you might take based on what I know about you" Catarina stated calmly as she looked at him then checked to see if there was any other blood stains on her skin.

"Interesting, I see. Your ability to analyze the information given to you be it by observations or otherwise, is quite an amazing skill. Is this something you had or further polished while living here?" Reiji asked in a calm tone of voice as well with still a hint of his more scientific side.

"I've had this ability but was unable to use it outside of eliminating given targets, so both I suppose" Catarina responded back while maintaining her calm exterior. But as she was trying to stay calm, Reiji didn't noticed at first that he was also cleaning blood from her cleavage as well since he was still thinking about her answers and how it related to her.

Then Catarina's breathe hitched when Reiji was cleaning a little close to a more 'exciting spot' and it was only when her breathe hitched that he was snapped out of his deep thoughts. It was like he was looking but not.

You know how you stare at a point and are thinking about something but are not really looking at the spot? It was like that.

Once Reiji realized this, he calmly gave her the handkerchief and cleared his throat.

"I suppose you should finish cleaning up yourself and try to get some rest" Reiji stated in a clam yet sort of disciplined manner but also kind of failed to sound that way.

He was holding back a blush too. Yes, you read that correctly.

"Yes, I think you are right. Good night then and thank you" Catarina stated calmly and in a bit more tired tone of voice.

"You're welcome and good night" Reiji replied back in his attempted calm firm voice.

Catarina then went back to her room and cleaned herself up and luckily there wasn't any blood drops on her pajamas so she got lucky there. She then decided to finish up her movie Mulan and sleep.

Reiji went to his office/study to jot down some notes while it was still fresh in his head then decided to get some rest as well.

A few weeks pasted without any further incidents and everyone went about their usual routines except for a few. And Catarina was of course not in her 'cycle' anymore, which was good for her since that meant no more pain but Laito liked having her be easily aroused.

Shu had sometimes talked to her, small talk really and not very long. Mostly in the house like if they were in the kitchen or pool room with the games or if they ran into each other. It was like he was trying to get a sense of her.

Laito seemed to keep a close eye on her, as did Ayato and Kanato. Kanato got to show her his 'doll collection' and she of course knew that they were simply human corpses of past brides made to look like mannequins. This naturally didn't bother Catarina and even offered to help him look for other possible 'mannequins' which threw him off that he simply responded with a 'not yet thanks' response.

Reiji had her do certain exercises and activities like running through the woods, eating steak that's been cooked on the rare side and such. Laito helped created psychological activities for Reiji to use. Of course Reiji told Laito and Catarina what his intentions were, knowing they would both catch on anyway.

Subaru was busy with creating his own songs with Shu's reluctant help for his DJ career. Subaru wanted Catarina to come and hear him play, which he had asked and she of course agreed to which gave him the extra motivation to do better.

Everything was going smoothly, a bit too smoothly right?

Their nice little routine and life they have going would be interrupted.

The question is would it be bad? Good? Unexpected? Naughty? Or what if it was...a little of each?

~_^

------------------------------

A/N: And that is the end of Chapter 8. Next is Chapter 9 and it will have at least one full on lemon

I hope you enjoyed this. I know it was long, but my chapters usually are. Hehe. I almost reached that 20 pics limit again. Hehe, its like I'm pushing the limits. 

You ideas and votes on who should be in the lemon were great to hear and helpful. Thank you for that. I do plan to write more lemon scenes but that's why I hope you can give me some feedback. So did you like it? How were those hot and steamy parts? I've never written those kind of scenes before, keep in mind this is still my first fan fic ever! 

I know other authors usually have more than one story going, but I don't want to stop this one till it reaches its end. I still have a whole lot more in store for you all. 

I apologize for not posting sooner but aside from being busy I also didn't want to just give you quantity, I wanted to give you quality. I'm sorry for making you all wait. And I appreciate you all SO very much. Thank you so so much for continuing to read my fan fiction. I just love the comments I get. Sometimes the notifications build up but I try to get to all the comments or at least most of them.

Just a reminder, if you follow me, I do announce things to my followers/readers such as when I post another part or have an announcement and such. It would help me let you all know that a new part has been posted. 

Thank you for being patient. And I really hope you enjoyed this part. 

You know I gotta hug you all my lovely readers!!! >u< 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

2.5K 62 25
❝ The unknown is what makes it exciting, right? ❞ Mifuyu Satomi is a third-year at Ryoutei Academy. A private school that just so happens to take pla...
338K 9K 34
Exactly as the title states, just a book filled with a whole load of DiaLover's one shots with Character(s) X Reader. I'm not going to put this unde...
20.6K 339 20
Yui became a vampire and got married to Ayato and a few months later she got pregnant by Ayato. Though Yui was Ayato's bride she wasn't always happy...
1.3M 37.8K 49
Katarina Night has been alive since the Salem Witch Trials in 1692. Surprise Surprise, she's a witch. Since her mother was caught and burnt alive for...