Erotic Book Club {E.B.C} 2018

By GoddessV

THIS BOOK IS CLOSED. THERE IS NOW AN ACCOUNT WITH THE NEW BOOK AVAILABLE. THIS IS THE ACCOUNT NAME --->... More

✦ Welcome! ✦
✦ How to Join ✦
✦ Meet your Mistresses ✦
✦ Member List (14/30) ✦
✦ Meet Our Members ✦
✦ We Read Award Winning Books ✦
✦ Notable Quotes ✦
✦ Playlist ✦
✧ Club Schedule (October - December 2018) ✧
✧ Club Schedule (January 2019) ✧
October 6th - 13th, 2018
October 6th - Feedback
October 10th - 17th 2018
October 10th - Feedback
October 17th - 24th 2018
October 17th - Feedback
October 24th - 31st 2018
October 24th - Feedback
** November - Special Notice **
November 1st - 16th 2018
November 1st - Feedback
November 17th - 30th 2018
November 17th - Feedback
December 1st - 14th, 2018
January 1st - 4th, 2019
January 1st - Feedback
January 5th - 11th, 2019
January 5th - Feedback
January 12th - 18th, 2019
January 12th - Feedback
January 19th - 25th, 2019
January 19th - Feedback

December 1st - Feedback

2.1K 5 5
By GoddessV

I really hate to say it, but honestly, I can't say that this was my cup of tea. BDSM kinda weirds me out so I feel like I can't give a very fair review of your story. So instead of talking about the content and characters I will talk about the writing itself. Your descriptions and grammar are both very good. My only issue with the writing and style was the pacing of it. The first chapter kind of exploded, which is not something I am used to happening, and I feel like the sex came a bit too soon (forgive the pun). However, feel free to completely ignore this review, since I am sure others loved it.

Medula (Medula-Oblongata)

~*~*~

Overall, I had mixed feelings about the book. The topic wasn't something that I would choose to read on my own but that didn't stop me from finding parts of it that intrigued me. I am not a fan of BDSM but I thought that this was well done and the way that the story developed was unique and took a very favorable direction. I appreciated the way that the married couple both developed some kind of emotional connection to the MC. It made it easier for me to embrace a topic that is normally outside of my preference.

The ending I wasn't excited about. Now I know that there is a book two but I would have liked there to be more of a complete resolution of the original storyline. Perhaps, there is some profession of feelings but I do get that the culture may not permit that so I am trying to resolve my own preferences with the cultural differences. If I am being honest, I think that the story was overall well done. There is sufficient drama and the way that things play out are believable. I would have liked to see the resolution with the work issue. That faded into the ether. I would have liked to have known who the person in the photo was or seen a glimpse into who was responsible for the fire even if it isn't given away. I felt dropped without any resolution and I do get that this is done in some books it has never been something I am a fan of. I like there to be some resolution before starting the next adventure. Let me have some closure. Great read though so thank you for including it in the club.

Catherine (CatherineDeynes)

~*~*~

I will start by saying BDSM, but especially hardcore BDSM, isn't my thing. It doesn't upset me to read about it, it just isn't a turn on. With that out of the way, I will say that despite the BDSM I enjoyed the book. I have already spoken to Lila about my thoughts on her book but for the purpose of posting this review, I will tell you what I liked and disliked.

I didn't dislike anything. As I said, the BDSM isn't for me but it also didn't bother me and it was done with respect to the BDSM community. Meaning there was 100% consent and actions were carried out as far as the submissive could handle them. There were times she could not and the Dom stopped. Thank you for doing this because of the damage was done to the BDSM community after abominations like the 50 Shades series, we need a book that portrays proper Dom/Sub relationships. There is nothing I would change.

I liked the story enough that I will continue to read it as time allows. Lila is a fantastic writer and you can tell she put a lot of time and effort into editing her book to where there were almost no errors. Her knowledge of and respect for Japanese culture is evident and appreciated. I liked the characters and even towards the end, you could see growth, even in Honda.

Of course, my love is Yuki and I would steal her for myself. She was the biggest turn on in the book for me. I love everything about her. Again, all the characters are likable but I liked her best.

Lila, I wish you all the best in your publishing endeavor and I know you will be successful.

Tiffany (ClarityNMercy)

~*~*~

Temper Deference is a wonderful read! I loved the interactions between the main characters and the others! This book kept me drawn to it wanting to know more and more about what would happen next. I had started this book a long time ago but for some reason had not gotten back to it until it came up on the list and then I could not put it down.

I love that the language is incorporated into the story so that anyone can understand what is being talked about. I also love the cultural aspects of the story. Family relationships, even when they were not as expected! This story will make you think about different ways and traditions and help you almost live the experience.

I did not see hardly any grammar mistakes in the story and it was very easy to follow. All in all, I would rate this story around the 4 out of 5 STARS!!!

Great Job Lila-Mina you are very talented and must keep writing to please those of us who live such drab lives!!!

Much love and respect.

Nikki (Nikkikyss)

~*~*~

The blurb gave me an accurate idea about the basic plot of the book, but I still wasn't prepared for what awaited me. I read up to chapter 13 and some parts of that I even had to skim because it was so intense. I'm sorry, but I couldn't handle it. It was much more intense than I thought, and it's a whole different level of mature.

Reading as such felt easy, and in my opinion grammar and vocabulary are top notch, and it all flows nicely. About the pacing, it was good, even though things really developed quickly in the beginning. Then again, it fits the story overall because it threw me into all sorts of emotional chaos. Again, I'm sorry, but this sort of story isn't my cup of tea and I'm having a hard time giving a proper review.

There's no doubt though that you are a great writer. As you already know I loved Platinum Nights, and I would read a story like that anytime.

Lilly (LillyMHenderson)

~*~*~

There are some books you read where you have to work really hard to get into them. Then there are some that you fall into so easily. Temper: Deference was the latter. The words felt like they truly belonged together, with a lovely flow that makes me feel like Lila Mina is a natural writer. I don't have much feedback about it, other than I thoroughly enjoyed the novel. There are parts of it that didn't suit my personal taste, but that is truly an issue with me and not the novel itself (don't want to elaborate in case of spoilers). From reading the blurbs of the next two in the series, I can see why those bits were included, so I feel like I will only learn to love it more as I continue reading. Thanks for the engrossing story

Liv (LivEvansANDJayThomas)

~*~*~

1. What did you think the book was about?

Love and finding it in any way to take away the hurt in your soul. It's about a woman in a foreign country meeting an older man and giving in to that spark between them. Add in the man's wife and their relationship turns into something completely different.

2. Did you feel the book fulfilled your expectations?

Very much. I was just reading along then I got to the last chapter and I started thinking. "Things are taking a turn." Then I read the last line of the book and my mind was blown. A twist that had me instantly looking for the next book.

3. What about the plot? Did it pull you in; or did you feel you had to force yourself to read the book?

The first 4-5 chapters I had to make myself stick with it, but after that, I was hooked. Not because I didn't like the story or plot. I've never read a story that's been Japanese based, and the language and references I didn't understand.

4. Do the characters seem real and believable? (Basically, can you relate to their predicaments?

To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know, if they do at all?) Lana and Honda have something dark inside them and I can't wait to find out what that is in the second book. All the characters are believable and relatable.

5. How was the pacing of the chapters you read? (Consider if the scenes skipped or jumped randomly. Too fast or too slow? Why?)

The entire book flowed great. It was never really a dull moment either leading to something different to the characters or finding out things in their relationship.

6. How was the description of the chapters you read? (Consider if there were any information bumps. Were there a lack of emotions, too little describing, telling rather than showing, etc.)

Their struggles and learning to accept their dynamics is very believable. All the characters were very well developed with very unique differences to each one.

7. Describe what you liked or disliked about the writer's style? Why?

Really, know how to end a book guaranteeing the reader will come back for the second.

8. Would you read more of the author's work?

Already am!

Callie (CallieSumner)

~*~*~

I read the lead in and thought it gave me a great idea of what the book was about and what to expect in this book. So when reading I did feel like book met all expectations of what was laid out in the synopsis.

The characters seem totally believable and I can see this hard-nosed woman being unwilling to bend to anyone's will until she becomes a submissive. It doesn't remind me of anyone I know but people are also really good at hiding parts of themselves that they might not be comfortable with the world seeing.

The storyline seemed to flow and the chapters weren't too long so that you did not feel bogged down and struggled to get through them. I think the story flowed really well and there was a good amount of description that you can imagine you are there overseeing the scenes playing out.

Although paranormal isn't really, my thing the style of writing and the flow of this author would have me reading some of their works again.

Mary (BlackShadowCC)

~*~*~

This was another one of those books that a first I was a little unsure if I was going to like it or not but I never judge a book by its cover. With this story, I was pleasantly surprised and I enjoyed reading it very much. I loved the story behind the main characters and how it all flowed together. One thing I think is a very strong writing trait here is the way the writer flowed the story and how well it all came together and made sense especially the dialogue. The dialogue between the main characters especially really added to the quality of the story. Some writers let bad grammar or writing techniques make their stories a little confusing sometimes but this writer did an excellent job. And even though the writer thinks it's a weakness I don't think that lack of variety in sentence structure was really an issue for this writer. I enjoyed this writer's work very much and I look forward to checking out more of their work.

Megan (babygurl98)

~*~*~

I am impressed with your writing ability, I would never guess that English wasn't your first language, your writing is better than mine and I'm actually English lmao.

Story-wise sadly it is a little too domineering for me, and I was really put off by the fisting early on, I don't know if it's just me but I don't understand fisting it just seems painful and unnecessary. After reading this encounter, I found it hard to read on.

I like a bit of dominance from a guy but he just came across as rude and condescending and it made me feel uncomfortable.

On a good note, I love the setting and the writing style, I like how you describe things and how you lay out scenes.

I am sure this book will appeal to many, sadly I'm a Little too prudish lol

Good luck hun x

Leanne (LPDillon)

~*~*~

I didn't get very far in "Temper: Deference", but I found the writing to be very high quality. The culture and setting flow around in the story very smoothly and well. The descriptions were great, and the characters were defined and strong. I like them a lot! The erotic scenes were like erupting volcanoes, despite my trepidation at the whole BDSM theme, and were very imaginative. I'm critical on punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure—as hypocritical as it might be—but I found nothing to complain about structurally. Awesome job!

Ginger (Gingeriffico)

~*~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 4.8K 54
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
474K 7.8K 24
"Clyde." I breathe staring at the tall dark haired boy. "Love." He responds making my heart flutter the way it always does. His tatted hands holds t...
292K 20.6K 153
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...