Let's Make A Deal, My King

By YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... More

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
28: Estra
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

14: His Secret

1.7K 71 3
By YuuMA08

Amelia

It was seven in the evening right now and I took a quick bath and put on some clothes. I plopped myself on my bed and took the bottle. I look at it and the piece of paper with a magic circle drawn on it. After looking at the magic circle countless times, I put it inside the drawer. I wanted to sleep but I can't since the scene from the cells kept on replaying in my head.

I tossed and turned until I fell flat on my back on the ground. I groaned at the pain in my back but I didn't dare to get up. The door suddenly opened to reveal Cassius carrying two mugs and by the smell of it, it was hot cocoa. He raised a brow upon seeing my state but I still didn't dare to move. I'm too lazy to do it and besides, the floor is cold and I like it.

"There is this manner called knocking you know." I said to him. He walked towards me and placed the mug on my bedside table. I raised both of my arms, indicating for him to carry me. He chuckled and lift me up. He placed me gently on the bed and he sat at the end of it. He handed me the hot cocoa and I mumbled thanks.

"I figured you couldn't sleep today so I brought you a hot cocoa." he said and I smiled at him.

"Aww, aren't you the sweetest and the cutest?" I said and pinched his cheeks. He was surprised at what I did though.

"Real men aren't cute." he mumbled and I snorted.

"Yeah right." I said and took a sip of my cocoa. I moaned at the rich taste of the coco. "Oh my gosh, this is like the best hot cocoa I've ever tasted." I wasn't exaggerating though. This is really the best I've ever tasted.

"Of course, it would taste great, I made it after all." he said and I smiled. I took another sip of the cocoa.

"Thank you. This will really help me get to sleep." I said. I thought he will just let me finish my cocoa but he surprised me with what he said next.

"Seeing me in that state can leave nightmares after all." he said and I look horrified.

He knows.

"Cassius I-"

"It's okay. Knowing you, you won't just sit still after what happened during the attack." He cut me off.

"I'm sorry. I was really curious. Can you explain to me what happened back there at the underground prison?" I asked him carefully. "If you wanted to but if you don't, it's okay. I can understand. I mean I kno-" he silenced me with a peck on the corner of my mouth. I can't even speak or move with what he did. He took my mug and put it on the table. He lie down on my bed and pulled me against him. His arm serves as a pillow for me and his other was on my waist, pulling me closer to him until we were only inches apart.

"I was born with a curse, Amelia," he said and my eyes widened in surprise. "It was a time before the ten kings were made. Since the first head was one of the first Lycan who was made by the moon goddess, he became a king. The curse started with the fourth head of the Crépuscule pack. King Donello Deandre Ambrose Denovan, was my great-great-grandfather." then again my eyes became twice bigger upon hearing it. That's a lot of D's.

"King? A real King? So you're actually royalty before your title as the third king?" I gasped and he nod his head.

"Yes, it was centuries ago when there were only the seven elders which are composed of witches, sorcerers, and warlocks, and a lot of monarchs from different races. The ten kings only appeared during my great grandfather's time, who is King Donello's eighth son, Claudius Eleazar Denovan. Due to a lot of unjust monarchs from different races, a war broke out which leads to the fall of countless monarchs. Since there are too many rulers, it causes too many territorial disputes so the seven elders and the leaders of those who started the rebellion dethroned them all. But due to the loss of rulers, our world became unruly and chaotic so they made a new one, limiting it to only ten rulers. Thus the birth of the ten kings." he stated and looked sadly.

"Of course, King Donello's title was naturally dissolved. But his eighth son was one of the rebels and a key figure so he naturally earned a place among the ten kings. I am actually the only one of the ten kings who really came from royalty. After a king dies, their heir will naturally take their spot but the rankings will shift. An event called 'King's festival' is held where the newly appointed king will have to fight the rest of the kings to determine their rankings."

"After King Claudius died, his descendants never reached his ranking or surpassed him. None of his descendants did until it was my turn. I challenged the rest of the Kings and managed to surpass King Claudius and take the third spot."

I became silent for a while, taking this all in. Heck! How am I supposed to take this all in? I'm a King's mate, a real king. I'm actually mates with someone of pure royalty. That makes me his Queen, a fudging real Queen that wears a crown! Not someone who sleeps in motels and waves her hand to the world with a dagger. And to think he's someone who ranks third.

He took my silent state as a means for him to continue. "King Donello loves to play games and the games he played were all unfair. His punishment was cruel- you can say he was a cruel King at that time. Well, most of them actually and he also despises witches and warlocks. He found out his sister Alianna has a warlock for a mate. He was angry to the point of killing his sister but he would never do it, not directly of course, since it would tarnish his reputation. The guy's a narcissist that cares about publicity more than his own family."

"He wanted the warlock dead but Alianna is protecting him and the warlock was too powerful. He also attempted to assassinate both of them indirectly but failed countless times. Leaving with no more ideas, he did what he was great at, as a last resort. He challenged the warlock to a game of chess which he accepted. The condition is, if King Donello wins, the warlock must die and if he loses, the warlock can kill the King."

"The King lost the game but the warlock does not wish for him to be killed for he knew this will make his mate sad so he only gave him a curse, two to be exact. One is, for the King loves to play games so much but never follows the rules whenever he loses, the warlock made sure to make him follow the deal or bet earnestly and of course, the opponent as well." he said and I suddenly remembered the scene where the man was telling him their plans to Cassius against his will and how Cassius let him go and cannot kill him. It made sense now.

"Giving a curse to the King is a serious offense but the warlock is not ordinary for he was one of the elders. The curse was passed down to every generation but only one among the children can inherit the curse. The ones who inherit the curse will become the next king."

"Due to the curse, instead of repenting, his personality got worse and he became crazy until his eighth son joined the rebellion." he finished. So Cassius is a descendant of the eighth son.

"Amelia...about the second curse, I can't tell you yet." He said with an apologetic look.

"It's okay. You've told me plenty already. I don't want to keep on prying." I said. He looked a bit disappointed for a moment there but it was quickly masked off.

"So Amelia, whatever you saw down there, please don't be afraid of me." he said while looking at me with those innocent puppy-like eyes.

"I'm not, so you don't have to worry." I reassured him. He gave me a bright smile in return which is so not like him.

Somehow, every night, Cassius seems to be different. Like his attitude. In the morning, he's all cold but at night, he seemed soft. His eyes as well were a dull and lifeless green in the morning and an intense, vivid green at night. It must have something to do with his curse.

"Do you pity me? Someone who has a burden to carry for the rest of his life." He asked and I shook my head without hesitation.

"Cassius, it wasn't your fault, to begin with. Instead of treating it as a burden, why not treat it as a powerful weapon that is used for protecting the people important to you? That kind of curse is like a blessing in disguise, you know?" I said. I hope what I said will cheer him up.

'You must tell him, Amelia. The longer you wait, the more the two of you will get hurt.' Rain said.

'I know Rain but not today.'

My mouth is itching to tell him but now is not the right time to tell him. Cause if I tell him my secret today, I will eventually leave this place and him, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I don't want to leave this place. I wanted to be with him a little longer.

I looked into his eyes and it was bursting with emotions. He caressed my face and I lean on his touch while closing my eyes. I opened my eyes and saw him slowly leaning toward me. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips on mine begging for entrance so I allowed him without hesitation. His kiss was hungry but gentle. The sparks I felt when we touched are nothing compared to what I felt right now.

My hands traveled from his chest to his shoulders as his hand on my waist pulled me even closer until there is no space between our bodies. His other hand tangles my hair and pushed my head gently to deepen the kiss. He only stopped when we needed the air. We look into each other's eyes and my face is beat red.

"You need to sleep now, mon amour." he said and I can feel myself drifting off to sleep. I don't know why I'm feeling sleepy all of a sudden. (My love)

"Doux rêves mon ange." I heard him say before darkness finally took over. (Sweet dreams, my angel) This man! How can he be so nonchalant after doing that?

He's going to be the death of me.

*******

It was nearly midnight when I woke up. I had to wake up when everyone is sleeping because there is something I needed to do. Thank goodness I woke up a few minutes before midnight. I looked at my side to see Cassius sleeping comfortably beside me while his arms were holding me tightly. This is going to be hard to get out of his grip without waking him up.

I slowly moved his arms away from mine and it was very difficult. I managed to free myself from him and replaced myself with my pillow. I took the bottle from the drawer and opened the glass door from the terrace as quietly as I could. I jumped on a tree nearby and climbed down. I ran towards the side of the mansion which was closest to the woods. There are more guards than necessary, patrolling due to the attacks earlier. That's why I had difficulty sneaking out without getting caught.

As soon as I entered the forest, I masked my scent and climbed the trees. I jumped from tree to tree without making a loud noise since there are guards patrolling every area of the woods. I only stopped jumping on the trees when I'm near the borders. I made sure that I went to the part where no guards can be seen.

I climbed down and took the bottle with the paper, and an ashtray. I burned the paper with the use of my fire powers. I put it on the tray and waited for the fire to vanish and the paper to become ashes. After the fire has been put out, I took the ashes and poured it all on the bottle, not wasting any. I shake the bottle and the purple liquid turned red.

I poured the liquid at the borderline and a barrier begins to form. I watched as it slowly covered the entire territory and became invisible. No one will see the barrier forming since no one here can use magic. I can see it even though I'm not a witch cause I've been practicing magic ever since I came to Aunt Vargo's house. Magic, after all, is not limited to witches, warlocks, or sorcerers. As long as you have an aptitude for it, you can practice magic.

As soon as the barrier is completely formed, I ran as fast as I can while following the path I took. I climb up the tree again to my room and closed the glass door. I dipped my knees on my bed and crawled slowly. I removed the pillow and snuggled at my mate. It wasn't long before sleep took over again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 242 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
315K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
28.7M 880K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
64.9K 636 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...