In A World Of Our Own

By mylittlestarbug

Friday Night at the Goodmans never went smoothly that was until Olivia arrived and they went from bad to wors... More

Chapter 1 - Remember Me?
Chapter 2 - Awkward
Chapter 3 - Jim & Secrets...
Chapter 4 - Mother
Chapter 5 - The Ex
Chapter 6 - The Day After Thursday
Chapter 7 - Crimble Crumble
Chapter 8 - Emma Take Two
Chapter 9 - Accidental Gathering
Chapter 10 - The Anniversary
Chapter 11 - Game On
Chapter 12 - Absence
Chapter 13 - Marios
Chapter 14 - Golden Child
Chapter 15 - Stuffed
Chapter 16 - Traumatized
Chapter 17 - Plans
Chapter 18 - I'm Fine
Chapter 19 - Real Life Nightmare
Chapter 20 - Future
Chapter 21 - Buggered
Chapter 22 - Unexpected
Chapter 23 - Christmas with The Goodmans
Chapter 24 - 12 Weeks 2 Days
Chapter 25 - 16 weeks 3 days
Chapter 26 - 28 Weeks 5 Days
Chapter 27 - 38 Weeks 4 Days
Chapter 28 - Our Time

Chapter 29 - Childhood Memories

2.6K 35 6
By mylittlestarbug

A/N: I'm back, had a few days break so I could rest from being ill ...but I'm better now lads! This chapter is just full on fluff, enjoy my dudes!

Jonny's POV

Back to normal Friday Night rountine the girls and I headed round to my parents. Layla was giggling and babbling away in her car seat while Liv was telling me about her and Layla's day together. Before we had even go out of the car, Mum was already stood at the door, holding an all too familiar box in her arms as we pulled into the drive.

"Hi loves" Mum grinned as we walked up to to her, the box in her arms becoming even clearer.

"Hey Jackie" Liv smiled as they greeted each other with hugs and kisses.

"Hi Mum" I sighed as I greeted her as well.

"What's with the box?" Liv asked as I realized exactly what it was.

"Our old photo box, Dad found it in the loft" Mum looked straight at me as she said it.

"No no no no no we're not looking at my baby photos thank you very much" I huffed as I walked past the girls with Layla to the living room.

"Oh Jonny-boo you were such an adorable baby" Mum cooed as her and Liv followed me.

"You know I'm in a lot of these photos right?" Liv looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Alright jesus!" I groaned as the doorbell went.

"Oh that will be Adam and Talia" Mum chimed as she ran to the door.

"Do we really have to do this?" I groaned a little more.

"It'll be fun" Liv smiled sweetly as she took the lid of the box, grabbing a handful of photos "Nice to know Martin never changed"

"Oh god" I laughed while cringing a little as Liv held a photo of my dad with no shirt on as usual.

"Brother, Sister-in-law" Adam greeted us as he walked, no longer being able to greet us normally with Layla in the room.

"Alright Ad?" I smiled as Layla turned to Adam with a big smile before reaching her arms out towards him "I think someone might want their Uncle Adam"

"What are you looking at anyway?" Adam asked curiously as he picked Layla up from my lap.

"Awh look, it's a baby pusface!" Liv teased as she held up the baby photo of Adam she had found.

"Come on Talia let's go" Adam went to leave the room.

"I want to see the baby photos?" Talia pouted.

"You've already seen them?" Adam tried to leave again.

"Oi you can't just walk off with my child?" I laughed as Layla giggled.

"Well I was gonna watch her for a bit, give you two a break?" Adam quickly came up with an explanation.

"Are you sure?" Liv asked, never fully comfortable about leaving Layla in someone else's care.

"Of course, we'll only be next door won't we Layla?" Adam smiled at Layla as she tried to grab his glasses.

"Ahh that's my girl" I laughed as Adam stopped her.

"Come on let's go see what Nana is up to?" Adam smiled at his niece as they left the room together with Talia.

"Just walk in a take our child?" I looked at Liv who was far more interested in the box.

"It'll be nice for Layla to spend time with Adam" Liv smiled slowly turning to a smirk "Baby Pissface!!"

"Give me that right now" My eyes widened.

"You mean this?" Liv grinned as she waved the photo in front of me careful not show me the picture.

"I swear if that's a naked baby photo of me I will cry" I tried to grab it from her but she moved away.

Olivia's POV

Jonny and Adam had always been funny about baby photos even though I was in a lot of them and Jackie wasn't lying, Jonny was one adorable baby.

"Liv!" Jonny was getting a little aggravated as I tried my best to keep him away from the photo, leaning away from him.

"But it's adorable!" I wound him up a little more as he meant across me to grab, wrapping one arm around my waist before kissing me to distract me enough to grab to the photo while my guard was down "Ok may have got me this time Goodman!"

"Oh Jesus it is a naked baby photo" Jonny looked at the photo before cringing.

"You must have only been a couple months old" I smiled even though I know there worse ones to come ...for both of us.

"There's an album..." Jonny spoke quietly as he pulled it out of the box, the first photo of him with Adam when they were tiny.

"Awh look at you both" I continued to tease.

"Shut up" Jonny smiled as he flicked through a couple of pages.

"Having fun?" Jackie walked in with a smile.

"Where's Adam, Tali and Layla?" Jonny asked.

"With your dad in the shed" Jackie rolled her eyes "oh you've found the album, there's photos of you both in there"

"Oh god" I sighed.

"Mum who's that I'm holding here?" Jonny showed the book to his mum pointing at the picture he was referring too.

"Babe ...that's me" I smiled as Jonny's mouth dropped a little.

It was weird to think Jonny and Adam have known me all my life. It was weird seeing a photo of Jonny holding me as a baby ...well I had been placed on his lap.

"Even back then I knew my purpose was to protect you" Jonny sooke quietly as he paid close attention to every detail of the photo.

Even though Jonny was only about 2 years old, he had his hand on the back of my head and held me close ...something he still does know and does with Layla.

"Thought you might want your child back?" Adam walked in with a smile as he handed Layla back to me.

"Hey baby" I smiled at Layla as she giggled before placing a gentle kiss on her head.

"No way, baby pissface and baby shitface?" Adam caught glimpse of the photo.

"Yup, you could almost mistake you for Layla" Jonny smiled sweetly at me.

"She is my mini-me afterall" I replied as I held my little girl close to me.

"Look La-la, that's your mummy and daddy when they were little!" Jonny spoke softly as he turned the photo round to face Layla.

"I'm never getting rid of you am I?" I laughed a little, gently placing my hand on Jonny's leg.

"Oi" Jonny laughed too as Layla decided to bop me on the nose "Yeah you tell her baby!"

"Ow you little troublemaker" I smiled as I tickled Layla.

"You're not a troublemaker are you?" Jonny grinned as he took Layla from my lap and stood her up on his "You're a Goodman!"

"Not sure that's a good thing though" I teased as Jonny held Layla up in the air as she kicked her little legs.

"Hey you'll be a Goodman soon!" Jonny replied as he brought Layla back down to his chest after giving her a big kiss.

"Uh oh!" I screwed my nose "Someone's stinky!"

"It's not me!" Jonny threw his hands up laughing.

"I know its not you, you donut" I smiled as I stood up.

"Hey you sit down Liv, I'll change her" Jackie offered.

"Are you sure?" I don't think I'll ever get used to having such a loving and helpful family.

"Of course, I'll see if she'll go down for a nap while I'm upstairs" Jackie smiled as she picked up her granddaughter "My beautiful little granddaughter"

"Thanks mum" Jonny beamed as he watched his Mum and daughter bonding.

"Yeah thank you" I smiled.

"Hey don't worry about it" Jackie replied before heading upstairs.

"Layla is one lucky girl" I spoke quietly as I laid my head on Jonny's shoulder.

"Babe look" Jonny spoke softly as he drew my attention back to the photo album we were looking at earlier.

"I'm remember that being taken" The biggest smile took over my face as I saw the photo of Jonny and I, he was giving me a piggy back, I had my arms out like I was trying to fly and we were both grinning from ear to ear.

"Look at us" Jonny continued to speak quietly as we were both reminiscing back to the day the photo was taken, eventually driving Adam and Tali to leave the room.

"How did we go from two goofy kids to where we are now?" I smiled as I cuddled up closer to Jonny.

"I don't know but Grandma was right, definitely some destiny involved somewhere" Jonny chuckled as he lifted his arm so I could cuddled into him more before wrapping his arm around me.

"I love you Jonny" I looked up at him.

"I love you too" Jonny looked at me as if I was being daft "Always have, always will"

"So why didn't you want to look through these again?" I grinned as Jonny kissed me to shut me up as usual.

"You know what, I think I might keep this one" Jonny smiled as he pulled back the plastic film keeping the photo in the album before gently removing it and turning the page "Oh look it's you and Pusface!"

"Hmm" I sighed trying not to crack a smile as I looked at picture, Adam and I stood next to each other, he was trying to kiss me and I was leaning as far away from him as I possibly could, it was then that I spotted Jonny in the background laughing.

"Those were the good times" Jonny teased.

"Please turn the page" I begged as he did.

"Ah and there we are pranking Adam" Jonny laughed at the picture that showed Adam screaming and covered some kind of food with Jonny and I laughing in the corner.

"It's what we do best" I laughed quietly.

Jonny's POV

Usually seeing the family photo box fills me with dread but seeing the old photos of Liv and I when we were kids was nice, reminiscing our childhood memories.

"I hope we can give Layla the childhood we had" Liv spoke quietly, gently placing her hand on my chest.

"Oh we will, don't you worry about it!" I smiled "One day she'll be sat here with her other half looking through old photos"

"That's if you haven't scared him off" Liv laughed, she wasn't wrong though, any boy that upsets Layla will be kicked out quicker than they can apologize.

"Well we don't have to worry about that for a while yet, she's still our little baby" I replied as I put the box down on the floor and cuddled up with Liv properly on the sofa.

"She won't go down for a nap" Mum came back down with Layla who was still wide awake.

"That's alright" I smiled as Mum passed her to us as she laid Layla down on my chest.

"Did you have fun looking at the photos?" Mum asked as she sat down.

"Yeah it was nice to look back on old memories" Liv smiled still cuddled up to me.

"I see you've pinched one" Mum nodded towards the photo I had taken from earlier that was sitting on the arm of the sofa.

"If that's ok?" I asked just to make sure as Mum was known to be protective over photographs.

"Of course Jonny-boo, which one is it?" Mum asked as I passed it to her "Thought it might be"

"I think Layla might be ready for a nap now" Liv laughed quietly as Layla had made herself comfy on my chest and was almost asleep.

"Just like her father" Mum smiled "Look at you both now, who would've thought?"

"I know, I love my little family" Liv smiled up at me before returning her attention to Layla as she slept peacefully.

"Is La-la asleep?" I whispered Incase she was.

"Yeah she's asleep" Liv replied as she gently cupped Layla's face in her hand, softly running her thumb across her cheek "Where did La-La come from?"

"Just a little nickname I've been trying out, don't you like it?" I panicked a little.

"No I think it's sweet" Liv replied, completely focused on Layla.

"Will you please hurry up and get married?" I forgot Mum was in the room.

"Well I was thinking about it actually, I don't know about but I'm not fussed about having a big wedding" I looked down at Liv.

"As long as I get to called you my husband after you know I'm bothered about anything else" Liv smiled sweetly up at me as Mum left the room.

"Good because everything has already been put in place" Liv didn't know whether to take me seriously.

"What?" Liv stuttered.

"I've booked the wedding venue and the reception will be here" I explained.

"We're actually getting married?" Liv tried not to move too much to avoid waking the baby.

"Yes and all you have to do is pick out yours and Layla's dresses" I smiled as Liv brushed her lips against mine "You're officially going to be a Goodman"

"I can't wait" Liv grinned "and I'm glad Layla gets to apart of our special day too"

"Me too" I chuckled as I kissed the top of Liv's head "There honestly isn't anything better than this, being cuddled up with both my girls"

"It's perfect" Liv replied softly as Layla wrapped her tiny hand around Liv's finger while she slept.

"Dinner will be ready soon, if you want to start sorting Layla out" Mum poked her head round the door "Your Dad's already eaten if you want to take her up to him"

"Sure Mum" I replied "Do you wanna grab Layla's blanket"

"Bambino's" Dad smiled as we walked into my parents room.

"Mum said you'd look after Layla while we eat dinner?" I asked as Dad held his arms out for Layla.

"Anything for my little bambino" Dad grinned as he snuggled her up in his arms.

"Thanks Dad" I smiled before heading back downstairs with Liv.

"Tuck in everyone" Mum placed last dish down on the table before joining us.

"Smells good Mum" I replied as everyone filled their plates.

"Thank you Jonny-boo" Mum smiled before taking a swig of wine.

"So I heard you're actually getting married" Adam raised an eyebrow.

"I know, it's only taken forever" Liv teased.

"Oi there's always time to change my mind" I smiled as I teased her back.

"Ah you love me too much" Liv smirked as she ate a mouthful of food.

"Damn you got me there" I laughed, even when we're old and grey we'll still be taking the piss out of each other.

"I can't wait to marry you" Liv laughed too.

An hour later, dinner was eaten and the table was cleared. Liv and I was sat on the sofa trying to recover a little from the current food coma we were in.

"Shall we just stay over tonight?" I looked at Liv who had her arms wrapped round her stomach.

"Sounds good to me" Liv agreed.

"Glad that's sorted" I smiled as Liv laughed.

"Ow don't make me laugh" Liv groaned with a smile.

"Come on let's go check on Layla" I chuckled as I stood up and pulled Liv up with me.

We slowly walked up the stairs and round to Mum and Dads room. Opening the door to the sweetest and funniest scene we could've asked for. Both Dad and Layla were now asleep, with Layla sprawled out like a starfish, her hand on Dad's face and her foot in his rib cage.

"Oh dear" Liv laughed quietly.

"To be honest this is exactly what I was expecting" I laughed as I walked over to pick up Layla's blanket that had ended up on the floor.

"At least he wasn't reading war books this time?" Liv grinned, he was Grandad Martin afterall.

"Hello bambino's" Dad yawned, almost getting a tiny hand in his mouth before Layla woke up suddenly and started crying.

"Uh oh" I wrapped Layla up in her blanket and picked her up cradling in my arms to comfort her "Have fun?"

"Fell asleep as soon as you went downstairs" Dad yawned again, Layla still crying.

"Awh baby Layla grouchy?" Liv walked over to me to soothe Layla.

"Go on, go put Layla to bed and I'll see you both in the morning" Dad was almost asleep again.

"Night Dad" I smiled.

"Good night bambino's" Dad replied before rolling over and going back to sleep.

"Come on let's put the bubba to bed" Liv spoke quietly as we went to the spare room.

"When was Layla last fed?" I asked as Liv got comfy on the bed with Layla.

"She should be due a bottle now actually" Liv smiled at Layla as she laid on the bed waving her arms and legs about "Bubba hungry?"

"Mum's gonna bring up a bottle" I couldn't help but smile as I was watched Liv and Layla smiling and giggling.

"Nana's bringing you a bottle" Liv spoke softly to Layla, gently tickling her belly "Yes she is!"

"God I love you two" I grinned as Mum knocked on the door.

"Here's Layla's bottle" Mum smiled "Sleep well my loves"

"Night Mum" I replied as I took the bottle from Mum as she left "Here"

"You can give it to her, it's ok" Liv was happy just playing with her.

Joining the girls on the bed, Layla laid between us, wriggling and giggling as Liv watched her with endless love in her eyes as we laid either side of her. Placing a few drops of milk on my wrist to make sure it was the right temperature for Layla to drink, I then held Layla close to me as I placed the bottle in her mouth as she gently held the both between her tiny hands.

"Definitely a mini-me" Liv smiled, gently playing with the little hair Layla had.

"She is indeed, I couldn't be happier" I spoke quietly as Layla looked at me while drinking.

"You will be when you can finally call me Mrs Goodman" Liv looked at me, a smile as sweet as always.

"That will be the cherry on top" I chuckled.

Everything was finally coming together, all that was left was to marry my childhood best friend, sweetheart and mother of my little girl so I can add beautiful wife to that list.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 126 23
โœฟ.๏ฝก.:* โ˜†:**:. Falling for you .:**:.โ˜†*.:๏ฝก.โœฟ Jonny Goodman x OC Rayne Maxwell hadn't visited the Goodmans in years. So when she gets invited round f...
82.1K 1.6K 11
DINNER AT THE GOODMANS' โdeal?โž โdeal.โž HIGHEST RATING: #1 in 'jonny' channel 4's 'friday night dinner' fanfiction completed | 7/10/18
54.2K 1.6K 44
Sequel to 'It's Only The Beginning' A miracle brought them together but can that miracle keep them together or will they crash down like an Avalanche?
252K 3.8K 29
Every Friday night The Goodman's meet up and have a nice pleasant family dinner. Although sometimes shenanigans do tend to happen. Dads never wearing...