CODE (JaDine AU)

By koorihime

TBYD x other JaDine seryes/movies AU crossover Top Pendleton (James), an orphan who has lost his family in an... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09
Extra Chapter
10

07

239 8 1
By koorihime

君に胸張ってこの想い 届けられる日はく来るかな?
One day, will I be able to tell you my feelings with confidence?

Chapter 7

Sam sighed and lied down her bed.

"You're not Top..." Seira said, clearly disappointed.

Her birthday celebration was over hours ago. Everyone has already left. And after making a short visit to the semetery; to her dad's empty grave -- because they never did found his body -- she and Lee had returned to their home.

"Uhm, sorry no. He couldn't come. He just asked me to give his gift to you."

Sam perked up at that.

Honestly, Sam was very confused. She didn't really know what to do now. She felt so discontented.

She looked at her bedside table. There was a picture of her and her father. Their last picture together.

"Daddy... help me." Sam whispered.

Her left hand made its way to her chest; to her necklace. 

She clutched at the cross pendant; the only thing recovered from her father's accident in the mines. And for a moment, she felt as if her dad was with her again.

Suddenly, the window opened wide. There was a gush of strong wind.

Sam heard a thud. She sat up and looked at what fell.

It was his gift. His painting of her.

She saw her smiling face. She didn't even know she held that expresion as she gaze at the moon.

"You know Top? You're his friend? Do you know where he is?"

Sam made a fist, and in the process, she had crumpled the piece of paper she had been holding with her other hand.

She opened her right hand and looked at the piece of paper. There were words written on it.

"Yes. He's in his house. I can give you his adress if you'd like. I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you." The young man said.

The man took a piece of paper from his pocket. It was a receipt. "Uhm, sorry, I don't have any other paper on  me." He said and he continued to scribble on the back of the receipt.

He passed the paper to Samwhen he was finished.

Sam took it silently.

"Oh, by the way I'm Otap, Top's friend. It's nice to meet you." He said, smiling.

Sam stood up and went to the painting. She let it stand again.

She gaze at it, and slowly a smile crept on her lips.

There was a knock.

Sam stood up and arranged herseilf. "Come in." She said.

It was Lee.

He smiled at her and then he looked down, noticing the painting.

"That is really a beautiful painting." He commented.

Sam looked at th painting once more and smiled. "Yeah. It is."

She turned back to Lee. "What is it?" she asked.

He smiled more broadly. "I just figured I haven't greeted my cousin yet. Happy Birthday, Sam"

Sam smiled."Thank you. And thank you for the surprise."

Sam gestured for Lee to sit down. Lee did so and Sam sat beside him.

This was the first time they would be talking since Jared. Lee was happy with Sam's invitation.

Lee placed an arm around Sam's shoulder.

"But why is it that my cousin is unhappy?" He asked gently.

Sam, still smiling, just shook her head.

"And this isn't just because of your dad or Jared...." He continued.

Sam's smile faded.

"This is also about Top, isn't it?" Lee said relentlessly.

Sam look away. "You're wrong."

"You miss him." Lee said.

"No---"

"You want to see him. All this time, you're wishing he would come and visit you again."

"I told you it's---"

"You love him." Lee deadpanned.

"I love Jared." Sam said, stonily.

"I know." Lee said, gently. "I'm not saying you don't. I know it's hard to forget him. I know you're trying. But Sam, you don't have to. And you don't have to convince yourself that you feel nothing for Top. It'll only be more difficult for you..." Lee said, taking Sam's hand in his.

"I-I can't." Sam said.

"It's not your fault."

"I know."

"And you shouldn't believe that everyone you love leaves you. No one left you Sam. Your father is still in here." He said placing Sam's hand on her chest. "Jared too. And it's not a crime if you leave some space for Top as well."

The two of them went silent.

And for the first time since Jared's first day in the hospital, Sam cried. 

Sam finally let out her tears. The feelings she had been bottling up.

Lee hugged her, gently patting her on the back.

"You should see him." Lee said.

Lee felt Sam shook her head.

"I-I'm afraid... I... I don't think I can take it if Top l-leaves me as well..." Sam sobbed.

"I think he loves you." Lee said.

Sam looked at him, surprised.

He pointed at the painting.

"That tells a lot..." He said, smiling.

"B-but..." Sam said.

Lee knew she was still very confused.

"Okay, what about this. I'll flip a coin. If it's heads you'll go and see him tomorrow and sort out your feelings. If it's tails, then promise me you'll forget him. Is that okay?" He asked.

Sam's eyes widen but she didn't say anything.

She slowly nodded.

Lee moved away a bit and took a coin from his pocket.

He flipped it in the air and then caught it.

He smiled and then turned to Sam.

"So, you'll see him tomorrow?" He asked.

Sam looked at him. "Is it heads?"

"Tails." He said with a shrug. "But when I flipped the coin, you already knew what you wanted it to be, right?"

TBC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

923 33 8
Terran (James) was excited to see his family, having just gotten back from his military assignment, but the only thing that welcomed him when he arri...
56.3K 2.8K 28
Scarlett isn't sure her life could fall any further apart. On the morning her husband, Captain James Tamworth admits to cheating on her, she's diagno...
20.7K 493 7
James Reid is a young, billionaire guy who does't care about any girls until his younger sister passed away. Going out seeking for revenge, his aim i...
134K 4.7K 36
You are Alexandra McKenzie. The sole heir to a multi-billion dollar enterprise. You're the typical privileged young adult who would rather spend your...