The Proxy Wife

By nimbus_2000

si Maxine, NBSB ever ang drama sa buhay..paano kung dumating ang isang araw na mangailangan sya ng tulong, pe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Sakin na muna ang spotlight
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
TEASER LANG!
Chapter 40
Finale
Thank YOU!!
Special Chapter
Special Chapter 2

Chapter 9

14.8K 235 23
By nimbus_2000

-9-

A/N: Sorry kung masyadong mahaba..hehehe. :D at sorry dahil restricted din ang chapter na ito. alam na (wag magexpect ng BS.)

dinedicate ko to kay parekoy dahil nainspired ako sa Chasing Eunice niya..(basahin niyo--maganda!) sa makatwid, nainspire ako sa drugs..teka para naman akong nakadrugs nito, haha.

si Patrice pala :) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

READ/COMMENT/VOTE thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"hello, babe?" I'm really excited for this night with her, I've been practicing all day how should I propose to her..I want everything to be perfect.

"Why? any change of plans?" oh no, she sounds so giddy..but with what? is she expecting anything?

"uhm, do you want me to fetch you?"

"oh..no, I can manage..lets just meet there." okay, this really fuels up my excitement even more..I haven't seen her for like years already. But I'm constantly calling and checking up on her even when I'm still in the U.S.

"okay..I just really--uh, never mind..please be at Golden Era's by 8 tonight sweetie. I love you."

"ok..I'm getting ready now." no I love yous? okay, there must be really something serious going on.

I ended up the call, then dialled Erik's.

"pre?" he answered.

"hey, pre..is everything really settled? what about the roses? the food?" I asked excitedly..

"pre, calm down okay..haha, sobrang excited lang? don't worry..everything will be fine. the roses, candles, music, food. It's all settled. Chill lang, and get ready." I could imagine Erik's mocking face..hahaha, inlab eh..bakit ba?

"sige pre..salamat talaga.."

"hoy, nahirapan akong i-convince yung manager ng Golden Era's dahil biglaan yung reservation ha! kaya may utang ka sakin."

"I know..I know.."

"walang I know, I know sakin..hahaha.."

"oo na pre..akong bahala sa'yo."

"sige pre, good luck..pag busted marami pang babae dyan..di lang sya." di ko alam kung talagang idiniin niya yung salitang SYA--oh, ayoko nang isipin yan, basta excited ako.

I arrived an hour earlier sa Golden Era's..I was fixing my polo shirt when I glanced at my rear view mirror.

They parked at the other side..uh, as far as I know..I reserved the whole restaurant, and I invited no guests except of course for Patrice; so who the hell are they?

A guy went off..looks familiar, but it's kinda dark in here so I didn't have the chance to fully examine his face. Then he opened the door for the girl on the passenger seat.

it's Maxine?

but, that wasn't the guy from last night?

is she cheating?

oh poor guy.

After quite sometime they returned, maybe the guard didn't let them in..oh yeah. As soon as they left I get out of my car.

*inhale

exhale..

good luck to me! :)

I headed straight to the restaurant's door, it felt so nostalgic for me..it's been years since I've been here..nothing has changed, the paintings hanging on the wall, the vintage chairs and tables, and curtains..everything is like left untouched..seems like yesterday.

Dito ko unang nakilala si Patrice.

This is my favorite restaurant, versatile eh..haha. Steakhouse, grilled foods, pasta, pastries, cafe rolled into one.

That was after my examination, and I'm about to meet Joyce (college fling) here..wala ng vacant table, then I saw her.. She was reading a book on the couch attached to the wall yung parang sa mga fast foods, sa pinakasulok ng restaurant na to. she's on an indian sit style. I smiled at the sight, how can a girl be as careless but as cute as her..she was wearing a bonnet that covers half of her black hair, she's wearing a leggings, an oversized tee with folded sleeves, a chuck taylor's..what makes her more cute is her reading glasses.

"hi, can I sit here? wala na kasing vacant seats and table other than here." I approached her.

then she looked at me..and went back on reading, Ibang klaseng babae to. Di sa nagmamayabang pero yung iba di ko na kailangang i-approach dahil sila na mismo ang nago-offer ng seats.

"okay, but please don't talk to me or do any disturbing noises." I chuckled..challenging sya. masungit.

"okay..but anyway I'm---"

"I'm not interested with your name..just sit there if you want, and I told you- don't talk to me." she said while wearing a poker face..

I gulped, grabe lakas ng dating. I backed off instantly. Di kumagat sa charms ko, shit lang.

I ordered my food, just as after I get done Joyce approached me on 'our' table.

"hi baby.." she clung to me..oh--kay..I untangled her arms around me, it makes me so uncomfortable.

"you're late."

"so kaya ba may iba ka nang ka-date?" she looked at me as if she wants to scratch the eyeballs out of its socket..

"Joyce, hindi naman tayo ah..diba?" I really stressed out the last word.. DIBA? to her..we both know this is not that long and lasting relationship--were just lovers in bed. That's it.

"hey you! are you flirting with him? I'm his girlfriend." uh oh..not here Joyce.

I thought this girl would just sulk with her book, bigtime here. But no, she looked at her then stand up..she's much taller than Joyce..I mean Joyce is only 5'2" and this girl's like 5'5"..I could sense that people are looking at us right now.

"excuse me, don't dare talk to me that way..you don't know me. Eh ano naman kung nakikipagdate ako sa kanya, di ka ba marunong umintindi? hindi DAW kayo." she also gave me that damn fierce look na parang handa ng sumugod sa giyera anytime.

Joyce was in awe..obviously, then she gathered up all her might and slapped me hard. Okay, that was really like the nth time a girl had slapped me, and my face has been always ready for this scenarios eversince.

The girl gave me a death stare, she fixed herself, then went on to go out of the place. I left a money on the table for my food, then followed her..kakaiba talaga sya..

"hey miss!" naabutan ko sya sa taxi bay.

"hey!" I grabbed her arms..

"wag mo kong hawakan mister."

"sorry about ----"

"that's bullshit..bakit ba madali lang itapon sa inyo ang mga babae?" awkward moment..

"I'm really sorry.." then a taxi stopped in front of her..she opened the back seat. okay ungentleman na kung ungentleman, I pushed her inside then I went to sit with her at the back seat.

"hoy, ano ba..nauna ako dito..maghintay ka ng taxi mo kung gusto mo!"

"Manong, ateneo po..main building.." I instructed the driver, then he just nodded..I saw her I.D. lace and I knew she's a schoolmate.

"ano nga pangalan mo?" I insisted, but she kept her mouth shut..

"sabihin mo na or else I'll be forced to kiss you.." then I looked intently at her..she then became so scared, hahaha!

"P-Patrice." she went to the other side of the seat..leaving a large space between us..

"Patrice?"

"Mercado.." para akong nakapagpaamo ng isang tigress..hahaha! Victory!

I started courting her after few more meetings..I adored her so much that I forgot who I really was, when she called me even on the middle of the night to fetch her somewhere else I automatically find myself driving to get her..she dreams of becoming a famous model or actress..I helped her.

I have friends in the media industry, I helped her take little steps at a time..she made commercial modellings, then went on becoming an image model for local brands..seeing her happy makes me happy too..I really love her. Surprisingly I became a one-woman-man, my friends noticed how I changed and even bribed girls when we go on night outs but I always decline because of Patrice.

Before Junior year ends, I made up my mind to take up summer classes dahil magiging busy ang senior year as far as I know, that time she's been offered to do a movie..and me being supportive boyfriend as ever, I usually accompany her to tapings, kahit sang probinsya pa sila dalhin ng direktor just to get a good take. I never grew tired of being by her side. Then I failed 3 subjects, because of frequent absenteeism. I was dropped out of those subjects and I felt really bad..my grades had declined, dati I'm an ace student..pero di ko na alam kung ano nangyari? this means I have to extend schooling. I feltt bad, but she's too busy to attend to me.

Then tabloids began writing up stuffs saying that Patrice is romantically linked to Joseph Cardenas, a co-actor, her leading man on the film they are shooting. It really makes me feel worse of myself. I can't even finish the whole article, jealousy is eating me up..I drove to the shooting place and dragged Patrice along to get inside my car..I'm mad..really mad. According to the tabloid, none of them had even denied the issue so they assume that feelings are really damn mutual.

"ano ba! can't you see I'm getting fixed for the next scene?!" she yelled at me..and I know, this ain't the first time..eversince she became an actress.

"layuan mo yang Joseph na yan Patrice! I swear, may magagawa akong masama dyan."

"utang na loob naman, were just working..!"

the someone knocked on my window..

Patrice rolled it down..it's Joseph Cardenas..

"hey Trix..it's our scene na..we've been looking for you?" damn you man, can't you see were talking in here.

"I'll go now.." then she left..I even saw Joseph rested his arms to the shoulder of my girlfriend while they walk away..

Patience..

I really need a lot of Patience..

Showbiz's really ruining a lot of good relationships.

Our relationship.

I frustratedly decide to drove back to Manila, stiil the verbal volleyball we had just a while go kept ringing inside my head..Damn.

Sleepless nights came afterwards, I go on partying on clubs, get different girls every night, I had my share of drugs, I literally abused myself..Carlene can't even do a thing to make me change, she's busy with the company..and worse, I'm living on my own..

before the start of classes Patrice went back to me..apologizing for everything, I must really love her that I forgave her that instant..

I picked up myself once more, I studied hard..I promised Patrice that I'll marry her, but she only agreed to marry if I got to finish college..

Patience and trust are my last straws here..

Patrice had her share of fame, she can't eventually hang out with me because of fans lurking around..we became discreet whenever possible, and here at Golden Era's we find serenity..maybe because this is a classy place, and fans were not that going gaga for her here kasi nakakahiya nga if ever.

After graduation I popped the queastion to her..and she said she's not yet ready..I was deeply hurt, but I gave her the time she needed..we've been together for 3 years. Then here came along another shit..I mean project, another movie..

It was with Joseph Cardenas again..

Writings about them came to life once again..Media has even become more crazy about their story, prominent newspapers had begun writing shits about their so-called-REAL/REELationship and other stupid things.

Still none of them denied..

Patrice said it's for the publicity of the movie..

bullshit, but still she has to deny..

a TV interview had blown my last straws away.

one afternoon I was just channel surfing and this network began flashing Patrice's photo..I became intrigued..I waited for her interview.

Claire Angeles interviewed her..

"hello guys, let us all welcome Trixie Mercado! she's our guest na igigisa sa ating hotseat!" she announced on the national television--and yeah, it's Patrice, she's just using Trixie as for her screen name.

"hi everyone..!" my Patrice is waving to the excited audience as she take her seat, how many times did I told her not to wear too revealing clothes? and here she was, parang ibinabandera pa sa buong Pilipinas how beautiful her body was with that skin hugging mini black dress.

"hi, welcome to the show Trixie..so lets start now."

"so, Trixie..how was it working on a movie one after the other?"

"Oh, that..I'm really thankful that lots of people is supporting me and my movies, and of course sa trust ng management to give me those breaks." she smiled at the camera again, sweetly.

"wow, your one of the idols ng halos lahat ng teens and not only teens ngayon.."

"maybe because of my image narin..hihi.."

"ok, lets hop into more hot questions.." I went up that instant and grabbed canned beers on the ref..

"sure!" Patrice answered..

"so how was Joseph as a leading man?" okay Patrice, better get done with those..I'm losing my Patience..I gripped the remote hardly, as I waited for her answer.

"oh, he's really nice, and gentleman as a co-worker.." then she smiled at the camera, I smiled..as if it was me that she's smiling at. I was relieved when she said 'as a co-worker.'

*inhale

exhale

"so is it true that you have a boyfriend?"

then there was a sudden pause.

"NO. I don't have any." then I heard her fans cheered up for her and Joseph.

"so that means, may pag asa sa'yo si Joseph..a reliable source had told us na nanliligaw daw sya sayo."

she just shrugged and smiled, then fans became gaga again. I didn't realized I almost crush the beer's tin can.

"I think that's a yes guys!!" Claire Angeles announced happily.

everything was blown away..tears came rolling into my eyes..masakit, nasaktan ako..I threw the remote control and it crushed up on the vase. I went up and searched for liquors on my kitchen's cupboard.

its all empty..

I remembered Carlene a few months before, she took all my supplies of liquor away..

then my phone rung..

"Put*ng*na Pare!" I yelled at him..

"pinanood mo ba?" it was Jonas..my bestfriend..and he already knew what I'm being mad about..

"oo..lahat..masakit." I'm sitting at the kitchen crying helplesly

"dyan ka lang sa condo mo, wag ka ng lumabas.."

"tangina..aalis muna ako, wag kang mag-alala kaya ko."

"papupuntahin ko dyan si Carlene!"

"don't even dare say a single word to her..I'm warning you!" and when I say it, he knows I mean it.

I grabbed my keys and went out..its only past 6 pm but it's already dark outside, then it started raining like hell--like there's no tomorrow..As soon as my engines revved up, I drove away  from my condo. fuck my life.

I didn't really know where to go.

nakisama pa yung put*ng*nang ulan na to..

I found myself bound for south..expressway baby, I've been addicted to drag racing before, I usually compete around Q.C. (di ko na ituturo kung saan..hehe, delikado. saka may nagbabantay na lagi sa area na yun--if you know where I mean it is.) and yeah, its illegal..the route were taking before are open for traffic, that makes it even more challenging, and addictive..and the prizes at stakes of course..not just money..but even condo, cars..

As soon as I paid the toll, I stepped up on my gas and revved my engine for a drive to Tagaytay.

"Put*ng*na Carlos buksan mo tong gate.." I yelled at his gate in Tagaytay highlands, one of my drug-addict buddies before..adik na kung adik.

"T*ng*na naman bro..gabing gabi naman yang pangangailangan mo!"

he opened up for me and we went inside his house..he's living alone on this very big house..nasa States ang pamilya niya.

"meron ka ba dyan?"

"meron..pero konti lang.."

"kahit na konti yan okay na yan.." he threw a ziploc full of you-know-what.

"T*ng*na akala ko konti..di bale bayaran ko lahat yan." I continued blabbering.

"alam ko na nangyari bro..hihits ka nanaman dahil sa kanya..hiwalayan mo na kasi..daming babaeng nagkandarapa sayo.."

"mahal ko yun, gago." I grabbed the lighter in his hands and went on with my thing..

"t*ng*na talaga neto..me bago ako dito..di ko pa nasusubukan." kung titignan mo si Carlos parang di pusher ang hinayupak, maporma, nag aaral sa magandang school, de kotse, mayaman ang angkan..pero Put*ng*na kung magbisyo..

"ano yan? kahit ano kukunin ko.."

then he gave me a bottle of Jack Daniels..wala ng baso baso..

"ayan." then he gave me another ziploc..

Marijuana dude. di ko alam kung ako lang ba nakaubos lahat o tinulungan ako ng gago.

after that, I drove back to Taguig.

next thing I knew..I'm in a semi dark room.

"he'll be fine but he'll be needing to stay here at the facility until fully recovered.." medyo di ko pa makita kung sino yung nagsasalita.

"ahhhhh, sakit ng ulo ko.. Put*ng*na!!!" I yelled as I touched my head, I tried getting up..there were IV  needles on my both hands..

"are you okay?! saan ang masakit?" I felt relieved, it's Carlene..kabisado ko na boses ng ate ko.

"a-ate?"

"I'm here.." then she hugged me..I knew she's crying..

"ate, asan ako?"

"New York!"

Put*ng*na! New York?! anong ginagawa ko dito?!!

"Everyone's trying to contact you pero di ka sumasagot..then after a day na no returned calls from you, Jonas fetched me para makausap ka..I have no idea, but Jonas filled it up for my mind..then there we saw you lying on the floor."

"b-bakit ako andito."

"I called Dad, and he hurriedly sent his private plane and doctors to get you here. You were sleeping for almost 3 days now.." then she cried again.

3 days..tatlong araw akong natulog?

"ano nangyari?"

"why are you abusing yourself with drugs!"

reality hits me.

I abused myself with drugs..yeah..

"di kinaya ng katawan mo..you're intoxicated..and this is the most stupid thing I know you've ever done!" kanina lang umiiyak sya..pero ngayon sumisigaw na.

"hijo!" it was mom..

"are you okay?"

"I'm o-okay now.."

"I'll talk to the doctors first, Carlene dito ka muna.." she nodded then mom left again.

"gusto ko ng umuwi."

"wag mo kong gaguhin. Di ka uuwi."

I pulled off the dextrose and other needles on my hands..but then she slapped me hard..and this is the first time.

ever.

"wake up! that bitch's no good to you!! look at you!"

"she's not a bitch!" I shot back, then continued with my thing.

she slapped me again, harder than the first.

she pressed the intercom and yelled that I'm forcing myself to get out..Doctors, nurses, and mom came rushing in..

Then they injected something on my dextrose.

after sometime I felt weak.

when I woke up, I heard Carlene talking to someone angrily by the door..si Patrice!

"Patrice!"

she looked at me..

"ate, gusto ko syang makausap."

wala na syang nagawa..she just let her in.

"I'm so sorry.." then she hugged me, ewan pero bakit di ko magawang magalit sa babaeng to?

"yknow, I need to deny dahil sa upcoming movie ko..I'm really sorry." I hugged her back..

then she stayed overnight, after that she flew back to the Philippines because of work daw..

Ate, Dad, and Mom had decided to leave me in a rehabilitation facility.

and it feels like hell..

after 4 months, I'm free.

I've been talking a lot to Patrice, but sometimes she's really busy..Carlene had even warned me before to stay away from her..Mom hid my passport, and I felt like being betrayed.

Dad sent me away to Boston to study again..

They've enrolled me for a Masteral in Business Management at Harvard, Jonas went to study here also so I really never felt alone.

I joined different clubs while taking the MBA to divert my attention..

It was a success though, still I have communication with Patrice.

until I finally decided to propose to her. ^____^

even though I know, they won't let me. Kaya pinilit ko talagang umuwi dito sa Pilipinas.

_____________________________________________________________________________

p.s. ubos nanaman laman ng utak ko. haha. :| ayan alam niyo na po kung bakit galit si ate Carlene kay bruhang Patrice.. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 1.1K 51
Paano pa aamuhin nang isang lalake ang puso nang isang babae kung bato na to! Maari kayang mabuksan pa ang puso niya kung puro sakit galit na lang an...
1.7M 4.1K 4
Married was never part of Alejandria's plan. But, because of one stupid deal she was forced to do it. How can she escaped from it? Would she runaway...
25.3K 781 43
"Kahit na iwan kita o mawala ka sa patingin ko hinding-hindi ka naman mawawala sa puso ko. Because you're mine until Forever" Date started: October 2...
2.7M 14.8K 11
Chrome and Paine Story