[3] British Invasion ► Marvel...

By fitzparkner

BRITISH INVASION "so today i found out mackie calls us brits in marvel 'the british invasion'" In which, if y... More

British Invasion
CAST
PROLOGUE
PART ONE
one. charlotte
two. charles
three. carla
four. marvel brits
five. theatre team
six. christiana
seven. tom
eight. pj
nine. hamlet
ten. sammy
PART TWO
one. the infiltration of los angeles
two. the captain
three. extracting intel
four. the attack on atlanta
five. motion picture mutiny
six. mission mackie
seven. seb the spy
eight. new recruits
nine. the bombing of mackie's trailer
ten. the last stand
PART THREE
one. actor ambush
two. spoiler nation
three. the lieutenant
four. clash of the captains
five. british invasion
six. birthday betrayal

seven. press conference sabotage

175 5 0
By fitzparkner

seven. press conference sabotage

liked by tomholland2013, micaelamouse, cocoautumn and 57, 432 others

charlieangel: am I sentimental enough to wear the same dress to the sequel of the movie? apparently, yeah. do I still fit into it after two years? the amount of McDonald's I've consumed since in the USA would beg to differ, but I guess I've got some superpowers. and also a solo movie, Marvel's Corona coming February 20th 2020. #spidermanmovie #spidermanfarfromhome #corona2020 #itllbebetterthanbothyourmoviestom #youllsee #okayicantbreatheinthisdress

[ view comments ]

tomholland2013: is that why you're talking nonsense about corona being better than spider-man, because your dress is blocking your blood flow?

* * *

The atmosphere of the premiere is lively and contagious, excited smiles on everyone's faces, be they cast, crew, fans or press.

Charlotte stops by the crowd of fans at the sidelines of the red carpet, her greeting exaggerated so it is heard over the noise. She snaps a few selfies, hoping they didn't come out blurry in the rush. The fan art given to her to sign ranges from as if it was drawn by a child to absolutely breathtaking, but at whichever degree it is, she appreciates the enthusiasm.

She couldn't imagine people would like Cora this much, and this wasn't the premiere of a movie she was in.

Well, she was, but the fans weren't supposed to know that; her role in Far From Home wasn't promoted, so it was going to be a surprise.

She is ushered toward the cinema to take photos in front of the wall of Spider-Man logos. It's her least favourite part of any premiere; she still hasn't learned how to pose.

Then come the interviews, and Charlotte is glad to be over with taking photos, but she dreads answering questions; Tom still hasn't learned how to dodge tricky plot-related questions, and though she deems herself more tactful than him, she would hate to step into one of the interviewing traps and reveal something she shouldn't.

There he is though, in a burgundy suit and polished black shoes, his back to her and speaking animatedly with a woman in a navy blue dress with frilly cap sleeves - an interviewer from some company or the other - and she gets a crazy idea.

The interviewer's eyes are on Tom as she nods and focuses on hearing his words over the noise of the crowd, so Charlotte doubt's she'll notice her until it's too late. The actress quickly steps onto the podium behind the actor and wraps her arms around his, tightening the hug as much as she can.

"Where's your Spidey Sense now?" she shrieks into his ear. He folds his hands onto hers, rocking them both from one side to the other.

"Release me, menace!" he commands in a funny voice, and Charlotte lets him go, moving to stand between him and the interviewer.

"It's Charlotte Vaughan, who plays Cora Conor!" she explains to people who are watching the live stream, though Charlotte's certain there'll be a name tag with her name and role plastered onto people's screens.

"Has he given out any spoilers?" she asks the woman, placing her elbow onto Tom's shoulder; it's only slightly easier in the heels she's wearing, but he's still taller than her, "Have you spoiled the movie yet, Tom?" she turns to him with a stern pout.

"I haven't, I haven't, I promise." there's a bit of a laugh behind his insisting, his hands up in defense.

"Is she a tattle-tale?" the woman asks, pointing to Charlotte while her microphone goes to Tom.

"Oh, a big one." he huffs, "She's that straight-A student that has a stick up her ass."

"Oh, you'll get a stick up your ass, young sir, wait until we film that fight scene with Cora and Sp--- Oh, shit." her hands come up to cover her mouth, eyes flitting from Tom to the interviewer to the camera.

Tom laughs, bending over and clapping his hands at her worried expression. When she smacks his arm and turns to hide her face in his shoulder, he explains, "Okay, I think we better run before someone from Marvel finds out she said that, gotta save her ass."

He places one hand on her waist, the other holding her hand as she steps down from the podium, followed by Tom jumping down next to her and rushing them toward the cinema with Charlotte constantly repeating "I'm gonna die, they're gonna kill me."

* * *

Charlotte had her superhero solo movie coming up, and she was presenting it at a San Diego Comic Con panel, and she was handling it like a champ.

Autumn was first at the table, the closest to the woman asking questions — she was also the one who insisted it be a woman. Then it was Charlotte, Christiana and PJ. It wasn't a large ensemble, not even close to press conferences for movies like the first or the second Avengers; Charlotte didn't think they even outnumbered the Homecoming SDCC panel.

But that was fine by her, though, from her conversations with Autumn, she was sure the panel would grow for the next movie, and even now they couldn't give out all the surprise characters. Especially...

"So Charlotte," the interviewer called, "what's it like to be the youngest superhero on the team?"

Charlotte's eyes widened and brows furrowed as she leaned toward the microphone, "Wait, am I?! " she looked back and forth between Autumn and her friends, "Wasn't Tom like kind of the same age as I was when he got the role?"

"He was announced Spider-Man in 2015." the woman explained, followed by a prominent amount of 'whoo's, 'yeah's and claps.

"Yeah, I know, it was July 2015, so he was... nineteen at the time? And I found out... June 2017 so I was eighteen, yeah, I guess I am the youngest superhero on the team." she laughed, earning some applause herself.

"I'm hoping we'll get Emma Fuhrmann's Cassie as Stature in Ant-Man 3 though," she leaned forward to speak again, "so if that does happen, I do think she'll be the youngest when she first appeared, right, she's seventeen right now?" she frowned, "She's so tall, though, she's a solid ten centimeters taller than me, I met her, at the Endgame premiere, it's scary, she doesn't even need the Pym Particles."

The crowd laughed with her, but PJ leaned toward his mic, frowning, "Why the hell do you know the exact date they announced the new Spider-Man?"

There were a few laughs in the crowd before Charlotte replied, "And you don't?

"No!" the boy shouted, cracking a smile.

There was a mix of laughs and wonderings of how he couldn't know, coming from the crowd, but the actress spoke again, "Honestly though, I remember we were doing prep for Midsummer Night's down in the theatre, and Tom burst into the changing room like," she tried her best impression of her brother then, pouting and frowning and huffing and puffing, "'I can't believe they gave the role to some ballet dancer from Kingston.'"

The ballet dancer from Kingston must've been waiting behind the curtain, because he took the impression as his cue and the laughter of the crowd turned into excitement as he stepped onto the stage. The reaction of the crowd grabbed everyone's attention, and they were soon hearing the fans chanting for Spider-Man.

Charlotte frowned incredulously; standing up from her chair, but bending down to reach the microphone, she started to chant her own superhero name in hopes of winning back the crowd.

* * *

HollyNews: MCU Hall H Panel back at full force at SDCC 2019: Announcement of Phase 4 and first trailers for Black Widow and Corona + Tom Holland interrupting the Corona panel. Details in the link in our bio!

[A/N]

* sweating like i'm a looney tunes character because the story caught up with real time and when we get new mcu content it won't be referenced in the following chapters * sigh, don't publish as you write, kids, tis a bad idea.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 146 36
T/W FOR THIS STORY⚠️: RACISM, POLICE BRUTALITY, PTSD, TALK OF DRUG MISUSE Harry Holland is your best friend, you met him in college and you've been i...
426K 11.2K 64
》After a moment of panic I turned around. He was looking at me. His face was hurt even more since the last time I saw him. The pain in his eyes broke...
133K 5.2K 35
You have always hated the rich life. Your father, a major in the photography and film making industry. Your mother, a clothes designer. Having to co...
288K 15.6K 69
An MCU and Sherlock universe crossover x reader Loki x reader with fluff with other characters ~~~ Y/n has been working on her machine for years and...