the devil in disguise, the va...

By sensitiveluver

in which, she falls for the devil in disguise every single time ! ☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★ [ KLAUS MI... More

INTRO.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL!

VIII.

15.8K 565 620
By sensitiveluver

WIRES
- THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"tyler, honey, it's your mother. i don't know where you are, but i need you. i've had an accident and i'm in the hospital. please, tyler. come home." mrs lockwood spoke into the phone, making her way up the stairs of her home. the woman then ended the call, glancing to maddox before her eyes fell onto the siphoner by his side. "why did i say that?"

"because you had a terrible fall." jocelyn's voice was tauntingly low before she allowed maddox to take the honors of forcing the woman from the stairs with his magic.

"it is always a beautiful day to cause mayhem." jocelyn let out a dramatic sigh, nudging the witch playfully as the two made their way from the lockwood home.

"you sound just like klaus." maddox shook his head at the evil smirk that seemed to be permanently placed upon jocelyn's features. "and now, we just wait."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"so, you don't remember anything that happened?"

"no, it's like i blacked out and woke up three days later." alaric answered honestly with a short shake of his head. "katherine was there, jocelyn too. klaus seemed to have this creepy interest in her though, even let her siphon from him before they let me go."

"jocelyn's going to have more power siphoning from him then she could ever siphon from any other supernatural being." elijah's hands were pushed into his suit pocket, his mind seemingly racing due to the news alaric revealed. "there's a chance he'll use her in the sacrifice."

"what do we do about that? i mean, i doubt bonnie will just let her die." alaric questioned aloud, his eyes glancing over the ones standing across from himself.

"she thinks bonnie's dead." elena concluded, her eyes widening. "we could use that. stefan and i saw how upset she got over seeing bonnie die. maybe we can use that to get jocelyn on our side or use it to take her ou—"

"no harm will come to jocelyn or i'll cease this entire plan." elijah was quick to cut off the doppelgänger's words. "i'll cease the plan to take out my brother if jocelyn's life is put in any sort of harm."

elijah's eyes landed on stefan as he spoke, for everyone knew the only true harm that could come to the siphoner would be the raven-haired salvatore.

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"so, why'd you want me to come with you?"

"wanted to make sure our deal was still stands. making sure you won't be another someone in the way of what i want."

klaus and jocelyn walked side by side down the sidewalk towards the mystic grill. klaus had a gentle smile on his lips, his dimples showing promptly. jocelyn snuck glances at the man, not realizing her moves weren't too discrete. klaus' grin only grew at the fact.

"i'm not a threat to you. i made a promise and i intend on keeping it." jocelyn understood where his doubts came from. after a thousand years, you're bound to grow paranoid. "plus, that'd make me friends with the original hybrid. how cool is that?"

the man allowed a chuckle to slip past his lips. "i could say the same about you, love."

jocelyn was quick to deny his words with a shake of her head. "no, me being a siphoner and you being the original hybrid aren't even remotely close to the same. i'm just an abomination. curse against nature."

"you are anything but an abomination, miss odessa." klaus halted in his step, jocelyn quickly following suit. his hand found it's way to the side of her face, the girl subconsciously leaning into his warm touch. "they're scared of what they do not understand. you are powerful."

"i don't even understand what i am, klaus. how could anyone else even begin to try too." jocelyn found herself moving away from the comfort his touch conjured, too scared to allow herself to become vulnerable.

"when we leave this godforsaken town, we'll find someone to help you understand what you are and how to control it— if that's what you wish." klaus' accent carried his words with ease. "i'll take you to the one place that felt like home to me in the thousand years i've been on this earth."

jocelyn bit the side of her cheek, seemingly deep in thought for a moment. a soft sigh tumbled from her lips, finally meeting the original's eyes, cursing herself when her heart began to race. "okay."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"damon, alaric, how i've missed you."

the men felt jocelyn wrap her arms around their shoulders, her words carrying a mock enthusiasm. damon made a move to grab the siphoner only to quickly halt in his attempts once he felt the pain resulted from the girl's abilities.

"gentlemen, why so glum?"

damon held his glass near his lips, a sigh being heard from the salvatore. "klaus, i presume."

"in the flesh." klaus smirked, catching jocelyn's gaze as she made her way further down the bar in search for alcohol. with an amused shake of his head, his eyes fell onto alaric. "thank you for the loan there, mate."

damon then slid off his bar stool, seemingly attempting to intimidate the original as jocelyn made her way towards the men once again. "any reason why you two stopped to say hi?"

"i'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger." klaus leaned his frame against the bar nonchalantly. "just thought jocelyn and i would remind you to not do anything you'd regret."

"by the look on his face, i'm going to assume he already has." jocelyn's head tilted, dimples showing promptly as she received a glare from the salvatore in response.

"i don't suppose i could talk you into a postponement by any chance, huh?"

with a roll of her eyes, jocelyn crossed her arms over her chest. her mind racked of just what damon could've done to result in the need for more time.

"you're kidding," klaus, believing damon was simply joking, chuckled for a moment before the laughter quickly died down. the original's eyes flickered to the siphoner by his side. "he's kidding, right?"

jocelyn shrugged her shoulders carelessly, growing more irritated by the minute. it seemed being in the presence of the salvatore only led the bennett to feel immensely murderous. jocelyn hated him with every fiber of her being.

"oh, come on." damon threw his hands up dramatically. "what's a month in the whole scheme of things."

"let me be clear," klaus took a threatening step towards damon, his voice falling dangerously low. "i have my vampire. i have my werewolf. i have everything i need. the ritual will happen tonight, so if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up."

jocelyn allowed klaus to make his exit, the girl remaining at the bar for a moment longer. "may the odds be in your favor, d."

damon waited patiently until jocelyn and klaus were no where near earshot before speaking to the human by his side. "if we can't take out klaus by tonight, i know a siphoner that can be."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"i need to know which witch is doing klaus' ritual."

"if you're wondering if jocelyn's doing it, she's not." katherine replied, allowing her jealousy to peak through her careless demeanor. "klaus won't let her leave his side."

"siphoner finally left you in the dirt? it's about time someone did." damon smirked, enjoying the sight of the woman enduring the same jealousy he felt for her, once upon a time. "i don't care whether jocelyn's doing the spell or not, i'm going to kill her either wa—"

katherine, without hesitation, had damon held against a wall by his throat. the veins beneath the woman's eyes showed promptly due to her anger. "you touch her, i will kill you myself. klaus wouldn't have the chance to get to it himself."

"fine," damon spoke after a moment, katherine dropping her grasp around his neck after shoving his frame against the wall slightly. "then tell me where he's keeping the wolf."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"what've you been doing?"

"making coffee. do you want some?" katherine replied, her gaze flickering between from the siphoner to the man only feet away from herself.

jocelyn and klaus had made their way back to the apartment only minutes after damon had left. while jocelyn was seemingly cheerful for the night ahead of them, klaus' laidback demeanor quickly fell at the sight of the doppelgänger.

"tell me what you've been doing." klaus compelled, a tight grip on katherine's throat suddenly. a shallow gasp was heard from the siphoner in response to the act.

"making coffee." katherine lied through her teeth once again, immune to the compulsion from the original.

klaus studied the woman for a long moment before he dropped his grip on her throat. katherine rubbed the irritated skin, attempting at catching her breath. the doppelgänger turned on her heel after a few seconds, yet klaus' voice was quick to force her to halt in her step.

"wait," klaus refused to look in jocelyn's direction, knowing all he'd be faced with was her fear. "take off your bracelet."

"klau—" jocelyn took a quick step towards the two, yet froze to her spot when his voice interrupted her own.

"not now, love." klaus' eyes remained on the petroza vampire as he spoke. katherine, following klaus' compulsion, dropped her bracelet in the man's hand. "now, i want you to walk over to the window and stand in the sunlight."

"she'll burn, klaus!" jocelyn took another step forward, only for the two to simply ignore her presence.

an evil smirk pulled at the original's features as he took the coffee cup in hand. katherine made her way towards the window, attempting to make the man believe she wasn't on vervain. the doppelgänger purposely strayed her eyes away from the siphoner in the room.

jocelyn's features contorted at the sound of katherine's screams of agony seemed to bounce off the walls of the apartment. the noise alone was enough to force jocelyn to recognize the fact that despite her feelings of betrayal, katherine was the first one besides her grams to genuinely see her. not what she was, but who she was. katherine had taken the time to see past the darkness that gleamed in jocelyn's eyes.

jocelyn, without much thought to the consequences, used her magic to shove katherine's frame into the shadows of the room. katherine let out shallow breaths as she healed.

klaus' turned on his heel abruptly, taking seemingly threatening steps towards the siphoner. jocelyn had seen the man this way on multiple occasions, yet being on the receiving end of klaus' anger wasn't something she'd ever find herself wishing for.

"you care for her." klaus concluded aloud, his eyes trailing over the siphoner's features. "why?"

jocelyn simply shook her head as her back came into contact with a wall. the fact didn't stop klaus from taking yet another step towards the girl, his chest nearly touching her own. "answer me."

"she's my friend." jocelyn felt weak under his intense stare, the siphoner hating the fact.

the sound of jocelyn's heart racing against her ribs in response to the fear she felt was unmissable to the vampires in the room.

"there's no need to be fearful. as i've told you, no harm will come to you from my hand." klaus pushed the hair that framed jocelyn's features behind her ear with ease, admiring the doe eyes she carried. "you will always be free to use that magic of yours as you please until it intervenes with my plans, love. katerina is paying for her mistakes, do not intervene again."

jocelyn despised the authority that was dripping from his voice, hating the sound of it being directed towards herself. a shallow breath tumbled from her lips, split between how to respond to the original. the piece of her that wanted to submit due to fear and the other piece that wasn't going to allow another to make the rules for her.

"you thirst for power. to be superior and i respect it. i respect your need to be feared. i'll do anything you ask of me, but i refuse to submit to you simply because you fancy yourself the alpha male." jocelyn matched his intensive gaze, the fear quickly diminishing with every word she uttered. "i've spent my entire life living how someone else wanted me to live. acting as they wanted me to act. saying what they wanted me to say. i'm on your side, klaus, and i understand you, but i understand her too."

"i wouldn't expect anything less from you, miss odessa." the smirk that formed on klaus' lips forced jocelyn to question whether it was a test, in some way.

klaus remained with his eyes admiring the features of the bennett. he listened into the sound of her racing heart, knowing it wasn't due to fear anymore. jocelyn glanced to the doppelgänger, the later's eyes already intact on the siphoner. jocelyn easily glanced back to klaus, watching as he wet his bottom lip with his tongue for only a second before he turned on his heel abruptly to face the petrova vampire.

"i need you to do something for me."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

jocelyn and klaus were seated next to one another, their eyes glued to the laptop that displayed jules, the werewolf nearly turning due to the full moon. katherine stood off to the side, curiously trying to figure out just what the two were watching.

"i wasn't aware you'd been invited in." klaus leaned back into his chair with a sigh, seemingly annoyed by the sudden presence of the raven-haired salvatore.

jocelyn rolled her doe eyes at the sight of the man. "do you ever give up?"

"came here to tell you that you have to postpone the ritual."

"didn't we already have this conversation?" klaus didn't bother sparing the man a glance as he replied coolly.

"yeah, that was before i rescued your werewolf and vampire and killed your witch—" damon spoke, a smirk finding it's way onto his features as his supernatural speed gave him the chance to grab the siphoner. "well, one of your witches and now, the other."

a gasp was heard from the bennett due to the impulsive moves. the chair klaus resided in was pushed back with much force as he stood to his feet, katherine quickly following suit.

"should we go with the poetic heart being ripped out or maybe i should make her a meal."

the veins appeared under katherine's eyes, the woman wanting nothing more than to save the siphoner, yet knew any move that was made would only result in her quick death.

klaus contemplated his options, attempting at keeping his calm facade intact. the man couldn't help but question why he hadn't kill the man before. why he selfishly kept jocelyn by his side despite knowing anyone close to a mikaelson was doomed to be harmed.

an unbothered smirk formed on jocelyn's lips as damon pulled her frame against his chest. his fangs wondered over the skin of her neck as she spoke, purposely refraining from using her abilities. "do it, damon. go ahead, kill me. see if we don't meet again in hell."

"running into the devil's arms with an open heart? are you so ready for death, jocelyn?" damon found amusement for a moment, sending the original and doppelgänger just feet away his signature smirk.

"i have nothing to lose, d, but from the looks of it, your thing to lose is about to meet death too." jocelyn taunted the man, her dimples showing once damon's grip on her frame tightened in anger. "so, go ahead. no one's stopping you now. what are you waiting for?"

damon's fangs imbedded themselves in jocelyn's neck, a choked out gasp tumbling from the girl in response. klaus easily snapped the salvatore's neck with much more force than was necessary. katherine caught the siphoner in her arms before she could come into contact with the wooden floors. the doppelgänger's fingers roamed the wound on the side of her neck, not missing the hiss that was heard from jocelyn in response.

the veins beneath katherine's eyes became visible, the woman quickly dropping her hold of the girl before she too could cause harm. klaus was by jocelyn's side within a blink of an eye, biting into his wrist before pressing it to the bennett's lips. klaus held the back of head with his opposing hand, his fingers lost in her hair as he did so.

jocelyn allowed her head to lean against his chest as the wound easily healed itself. fear coursed through the original, the man despising the feeling as soon as it became evident. he despised feeling as if he had something to lose.

"the magic," jocelyn's words fell from her blood painted lips in a mumble. the girl stared down at her hands in disbelief, unable to understand the sudden feeling of weakness she felt. "it's disappearing."

"what is it, love?" klaus questioned aloud, allowing jocelyn to sit up on her own.

"when you let me siphon from you, it's almost as if it's fading away." without his supernatural hearing, he would've missed the words she spoke. "slowly slipping from my finger tips."

"then siphon from me again, odessa." klaus said without a moment of hesitation. the man took a hold of her wrist, pressing her palm against his chest. "here."

"no, you have to be strong for the ritual." jocelyn was quick to rip her hand from his grip, denying his words. "i don't want to hurt you. i'll be fine."

klaus ignored her wish, repeating his actions once again. her hand rested upon his chest, the feeling of his dead heartbeat being felt through his shirt. "no way i'm going through this ritual without knowing you can protect yourself, love. go ahead, siphon from me."

jocelyn seemed to be searching for any trace of hesitation, yet didn't find a glimpse of it on his features. she slowly nodded before her eyes fell shut, trying her best to refrain from causing the man any sense of harm.

the slightest groan was heard from the original, the sound only resulting in jocelyn tugging her hand away abruptly. "i can't."

"come on, love." klaus easily laid her hand upon his chest once more. "i've been on this earth for a thousand years. this is nothing."

klaus had easily lied through his teeth. the original couldn't say that the pain he felt from the siphoner's abilities didn't match any form of pain he'd ever endured.

jocelyn let out a shaky breath before attempting once again. klaus studied the way her features contorted in concentration as the pain seemed to numb the longer she siphoned. after a long moment, jocelyn pulled her hand away. her eyes flickered open only to be met with his gaze already studying her features.

"what'd you do differently?"

"when my grams was still alive, she'd make me siphon from her to try and teach me how to not hurt the person i was siphoning from. i got the hang of it until she died, then i threw that out the window. i didn't care enough for anyone to actually try and be careful with it." jocelyn refused to meet his eyes, her gaze intact on the necklaces that rested upon his chest. "as i siphoned, i put a protection spell on you so it wouldn't be so painful. i didn't want to hurt you, klaus."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

947K 21.8K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
49.7K 1.4K 33
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗉𝗈𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖾𝗏𝖾...
27.6K 1K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗅𝗒 𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄...
156K 1.2K 7
ᵃᵘᵗᵒᵖʰᵒᵇⁱᵃ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵉᵃʳ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵉⁱⁿᵍ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵉ