Royalty I K.SJ [SLOW UPDATES]

By smoljagiya

"You are my soulmate, my one true love. You will be my queen." - Prince Kim Seokjin *BTS Seokjin x Reader {Pe... More

Disclaimer
Preface
One: La Princesse
Two: Emissaire Royal
Three: Voyager à l'extrême Orient
Five: Daejeon (대전)
Six: Ilgob Wangja (일곱 왕자)
Seven: Cheosnun-e Banhaneun Salang (첫눈에 반하는 사랑)
Eight: Salang-Ui Jeonjaeng (사랑의 전쟁)
Nine: Aleumdaun Kkoch (아름다운 꽃)
Ten: Yoggu (욕구)
Eleven: Mid-eum (믿음)
Twelve: Domang Chida (도망 치다)

Four: Goryeo (고려)

553 23 1
By smoljagiya

It has been many weeks since leaving your native land of France.

You had known the road would be arduous and long, but never would have expected this. Every day was filled with miles upon miles of traveling on harsh terrain through barely documented lands. It was fortunate the voyage was taking place during the late spring or climactic weather would have made you question if you could actually reach Goryeo alive.

You were stuck in your bumpy carriage without a shower and minimal entertainment for hours on end, living for the moments when the entourage halted its wandering to make camp at night. This was when you were finally able to exit your wooden 'prison-on-wheels.' Whenever you were able to exit the wagon, you first priority was taking in the sights of your surroundings, which constantly proved fascinating.

The lands you have passed through were highly variable and unique, ranging from green wooded forests, golden desolate desserts, snowy mountain ranges, and grassy costal prairies. You couldn't help the amazement you felt from each new and unfamiliar vista. The world was truly much bigger than the stone castles you have been locked in your entire life...

How would you ever go back?

However, you weren't able to take in the astounding views until sunset as you would wish to because the late afternoon had become your 'lesson time.' Unlike the ridiculous lessons Lady Foy had given you about being a proper princess, these trainings were actually useful for when you arrive in Goryeo and meet Emperor Kim.

Your uncle, and surprisingly, also Michault, were your tutors during thesesessions. They taught you the native language, customary expectations, and required etiquette. Structured decorum was a greater practice in Goryeo than in France, and that was astonishing considering you are a princess. To be honest, you were truly fearing the possibility of you would mess something up on accident. The last thing you want is to disrespect your royal hosts.

However, once the trainings were over for the night, you were able to engage in more enjoyable activities.

Today, you had just finished language tutoring with Michault. Your oldest friend wasspending a great deal of his time with you. He would tell his men he was remaining close for your protection, but both of you knew he just wanted to spend time with you.

Both you and he enjoyed reminiscing about the past and meaningful moments of your childhood together, but also made a point to catching up for lost time. Knowing more about how each other has changed during the years you spent apart until now.

You had never known before, but Michault had been a part of your uncle's last company to Goryeo. He acquired the knowledge of the area and natives well, making him a great teacher during your lessons and other skills.

"What would you like to do now, Princess?" Michault asked as he closed up the small book of Goryean language he used during lessons.

You groaned in disgust, "Don't call me Princess."

"Have to keep up the façade of respect, don't I?" he gave you an impish grin.

You widened your eyes and you crossed your arms over your chest stubbornly, "So you don't respect me, huh, soldier?"

"I wouldn't say that exactly..." he continued to grin while leaning back against the tree behind him.

"Well maybe I need to kick some manners into your insolent ass," you spat as you stood from the hard dirt ground and placed your hands on your hips.

"What does that mean, Princess?" he pushed further while staring up lazily at you.

A scowl crossed your face, "Spar with me. Now."

"You seem pretty confident, your highness," he teased while also standing onto his feet, "Sure you can still handle such an unladylike activity?"

"I'm going to cut that grin off your face," you growled.

"Oh, feisty," he chuckled.

You spun away and stomped over to your carriage where Michault's unit's extra swords sat. Grabbing one, turned back and immediately hit a skilled defensive fighting stance before smirking at your friend.

"Try me," you challenged.

Michault looked you up and down contemplatively. He was only joking before, knowing behind your delicate appearance was a true warrior. Your petite body could take down a man twice your size, which he has seen before when you both began training in sword-skill together at a young age.

"What," you taunted, "Is the big knight scared of a tiny, little princess?"

He huffed, feigning insult, "Fine, but don't whine too much when I win."

"You mean you'll try not to cry too hard when I  win," you retorted while brandishing your sword.

"Big talk for a tiny, little princess," he scoffs while drawing his own blade.

"Shut up and fight," you say through gritted teeth.

He grins before hitting an offensive combat position, "Let's see if you can still hold your own."

You brace yourself as Michault takes the first swing, much to your anticipation. He is over zealous when it comes to fighting, which is his downfall. Too eager and quick to make mistakes. You however, are more patient, which gives you time to predict your opponent's movements and calculate a counterstrike.

Blocking his first move easily, you swing your arm forward to knock the larger man in the chest. His eyes widen as you cause him to stumble back and gain the upper hand by taking several swipes at him with your blade, coming much too close to his barely protected torso.

He ups his game and before you know it, you were surrounded by the sounds of exerted grunting and high-pitched ringing of metal-on-metal. Both of you were fighting passionately, dripping sweat from your brows and ignoring the screaming of your fatigued muscles.

Both of you were holding evenly, dealing and blocking blows at the same rate as the other until Michault caught you off guard with a forceful strike that made you lose footing. You fall to the ground as your friend gives a breathless laugh.

"Gotten a little sloppy have we princess?" he teased through heavy panting while lowering his sword, "What? Too many table manner lessons you couldn't keep up your defense practice."

You growled deep in your throat and take advantage of the man who put down his guard by sweeping your leg across his calves. His knees buckled and let out a yell as he tumbled onto his back. You spring back up off the ground and set a foot firmly on his chest while placing the tip of your blade at his neck.

Victorious.

"'Table manners' my royal ass," you smirk down at him.

You stared down at the dumbfounded man several second before a smile crossed his face. It wasn't mocking or taunting, but prideful. Proud of your strength and ability to protect yourself.

"You're still tough as shit, I'll give you that (Y/N)," he huffed as he allowed himself to regain his breath.

"Damn right," you laugh while lowering your sword from his jugular and thrusting it into the ground.

"Pray tell, what is all the calamity going on back here?" a voice suddenly popped out of nowhere.

You stun around to see your uncle Audric analyzing the two of you with an amused look.

"Just giving the captain of my guard a lesson on proper joisting technique," you smirked while cocking your hip.

"Looks like it's needed," the older man chuckled.

"I assure you, sir," Michault hastily jumped to his feet, "I'm not in need for extra lessons in defense."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, "Did you need something, uncle?"

"I actually need to tell you something," uncle Audric rubbed his hands together. He looked very excited for some reason.

"What is it?" you ask curiously.

"We are arriving in Goryeo tomorrow," he grins widely and your heart stops.

No one had updated you how close the entourage had drawn to your final destination. Now you and no prep time to meet the Emperor and felt completely unprepared.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" you gasp and clench your hands into fists.

"I knew you would be unnecessarily worried, now you don't have to be further stressed," your uncle placed a hand on your shoulder reassuringly, "Your language and etiquette are impeccable. Princess, you are ready."

You slowly nod, trying to absorb his confidence in you. Not sure if you felt as secure in your own abilities as he did.

"You will go to bed immediately tonight. I want you well rested for meeting the Emperor after we arrive," he looked over at Michault, mentally letting him know it was his responsibility to make sure this all happened.

Michault bowed respectfully, "I will ensure the princess is asleep presently, Duc."

"Thank you, knight. I will see you in the morning, majesty," your uncle placed a kiss on your forehead before leaving you with your chief guard.

You proceed to ringing your hands nervously.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow you will be representing your county. It is your job to ensure the Goryeo trade deal is finalized in France's favor. You will meet the Emperor... and his fabled seven sons. A reflexive thought crossed your mind about if they really were as beautiful as the stories foretold. An unintended shock of excitement coursed through your body at the possibility.

A soft hand was placed on you shoulder, bring you out of your deep wondering. Looking up, you see Michault smiling back at you.

"You are going to do amazingly tomorrow," he says encouragingly.

"Do you really think so?" you ask uneasily.

"How could you not?" he laughs lightly, as if your question was completely idiotic, "Your language skills are excellent, you're sweet, kind, gorgeous—"

He stops abruptly after the last comment, clearing his throat awkwardly before moving on without giving you a second to comment on his word-of-choice.

"And Emperor Kim is going to be taken by you," he smiles surely once again.

You nod back to him, still not feeling as sure of your abilities as everyone around you.

"Let's get you rested for tomorrow," he says before you let him pull you away.

After eating a full meal, or at least picking your plate, you prepare for sleep inside your small pavilion. You lay down while staring toward the top of the tent as your brain runs continuously with worries and curious thoughts.

What could go wrong tomorrow? What could go right? What if you forget how to bow properly to the Emperor? Could he execute you for something seeming so minuscule?

You force yourself to calm down, taking a deep breath. Needing to think of something relaxing, you close your eyes. As you think positive thoughts and try to comfort yourself, a single figure strides into view of your mind's eye.

Your body slightly stiffened, but you keep your eyes closed. This doesn't seem like a dream... are you having a vision?

No. No you couldn't be vision; you have to be sleeping.

You continue to focus on the form, having no idea who they are, but assuming they are male from their build. He is tall and lean with broad shoulders, but has no face above his long, elegant neck. He just just the dark shape of a man surrounded by a white glowing hue, causing him to stand out against the background of your mind.

His presence radiated divinity and power. A gasp escaped your nearly slumbering state as you felt the amazing aura seeping from the figure, causing the feeling of warmth to spread across your extremities from toe to fingertip.

The radiating heat cradled you into drowsiness, sedating every nerve in your body. A strange emotion that surrounded you; a feeling you had never felt before, but relished in it. Adoration and love radiated from the dark male figure.

You had no idea how some unbeknownst figure could cause you such feelings. No man had ever moved you in such a way, how could a visualization make you feel it?

But you did not want to fight, or resist, or even question it, allowing yourself to fall asleep to the comforting warmth.

To the comforting feeling of love.

*:.。.:*・★・*:.。.:*

{Vote & Comment}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 663 21
Seokjin X Reader (female) Miss (L/n). The leader of the most High class working and earning mafia gang. She's witty, she's sweet, she's sharp, ambiti...
19.6K 488 16
💜💜💜
59.5K 2K 35
I didn't mean to fall in love but you made it so easy. ------------------- Taehyung x Reader AU Started: February 25, 2018 Ended: April 4, 2018 ©icri...
154K 4.4K 53
"You are our precious diamond who help us in the dark and cold world" "Finally we find you princess" (DON'T COPY MY WORK AND HOPE YOU LIKE IT) 💜💜💜...