ANOTHER LIFE || Banana Fish:...

By ejaykim

Everything is now over and everything will be back to normal. That should go for all who suffered the long ti... More

~Banana 1~
~Banana 2~
~Banana 3~
~Banana 4~
~Banana 5~
~Banana 6~
~Banana 8~
~Banana 9~
~Banana 10~
~Banana 11~
~Banana 12~
~Banana 13~
~Banana 14~
~Banana 15~
~Banana Valentines Special~
~Banana 16~
~Banana 17~
~Banana 18~
~Banana 19~
~Banana 20~
~Banana 21~
~Banana 22~
~Banana 23~
~Banana 24~
~Banana 25~
~Banana 26~
~Banana 27~
~Hello~
~Banana 28~
~Banana 29~
~Banana 30~
~Banana 31~
~Banana 32~
~Banana 33~
~Banana 34~
~Banana 35~
~Banana 36~
~Banana 37~
~Banana 38~
~Banana 39~
~Banana 40~
~Banana 41~
~Banana 42~
~Banana 43~
~Banana 44~
~Banana 45~
~Banana 46~
~Banana 47~
~Banana 48~
~Banana 49~
~Banana 50~
~Banana 51~
~Banana 52~
~Banana 53~
~Banana 54~
~Banana Halloween Special~
~Banana 55~
~Banana 56~
~Banana 57~
~Banana 58~
~Banana 59~
~Banana 60~
~Banana Epilogue~
~Banana Christmas Special~
~Banana Juice Specials~

~Banana 7~

11.2K 609 710
By ejaykim

The fiasco is finally over and the night has grown old. Everyone is now taking the liberty of the peace night brings and is now in deep slumber.

Everyone excepts for Eiji.

Eiji isn't asleep, more like, he can't. And it is not because he's got a bad feeling, it's the exact opposite. For him, so much had happened on this day his mind couldn't cope up and tell reality and imagination apart. He still finds it hard to believe that Ash is back and the fact Ash couldn't remember anything of him. Everything seems to be in a floating dream and Eiji is scared he might wake up from this bitter dream and face a worse reality.

Lost in his train of thoughts, Eiji has unconsciously led himself to the veranda. He rests his arms on the rough cement and let his weight fall to it. The cold evening breeze blows and gently kisses his cold cheeks and sways his messy hair. He stares with fascination at the sky, admiring the thousands of gems dangling from it.

"Can't sleep?" Eiji flinches a little by the arrival of his companion.

Eiji nods in response, not looking at Ash.

Ash places himself beside Eiji but facing the opposite side, leaning his waist on where Eiji rests his arms.

"You hate this place?"

"No." Eiji simply answers.

A moment of silence falls upon the two but it isn't the awkward type. It's rather calm and refreshing as if it was something the two finally got to do after a long time of not being able to.

"Earlier," Ash speaks and stops when hesitation obstructs his throat but then he decides to go on. "I saw you talking to Sing. It seems you two were talking secretly and of course it's about something that's secret, too. Tell me about it."

Eiji pulls his lips up to a tender smile to try to hide his nervousness. "Secrets are called secrets for a reason."

"Tell me." Ash's voice, as well as his demeanor is now growing impatient but Eiji still wishes to keep silent despite knowing the danger.

Ash looks at Eiji straight in the eyes but then Eiji avoids him and this triggered Ash.

"You think I can't notice?" Ace snarls, drawing Eiji close by his arm so their eyes can meet. "Why do many of my gang members know you? Are you a spy? What do you know?"

Eiji doesn't want to answer. Even if he did, he can't. Ash forgot him for a reason and Eiji knows why that is and now he thinks it'll be better if he stays out in the memory of the new Ash, even though a little voice deep inside betrays this earnest feeling.

Ash draws his face even closer until Eiji can feel his heavy breathing. "Better spill it now than later. I'm not generous enough to give people second chances."

Eiji tugs down his lips to a frown, his eyes now full of hesitation and guilt.

Impatient of Eiji's silence, Ash clenches his jaws tight. "Answer me."

I want to trust you so tell me.

Ash's eyes of fury now waver in doubt when it saw Eiji's eyes of pain, longing, lonliness and sorrow.

"Who's there?" Someone asks with hostility. The light hits the two and the man instantly drops a cold sweat.

"Is everything alright, boss?" He queries while slowly pointing his gun to Eiji.

Ash harshly pushes Eiji back and then goes on his way. "I won't trust you until you answer my questions." He whispers with menace, light of danger flashing in his eyes as he walks away.

What should I do? Eiji asks himself as tears race down his cheeks. He was unconsciously holding his breath earlier but now it seems his chest constricted in pain even more.

Eiji falls to the ground, perplexed and broken. He rests his back against the wall, his hands on his knees covering his face.

"You forgot about me for a reason. It may be because I'm the cause of your pains. I understand that I deserve this much but I can't stop my selfish desire to be by your side. It's fine if you don't remember me but please let me stay with you. Just for a moment."

I know I'll only cause you more pain. I know I'll give you more problems. I promise I'll leave when the right time comes. I'm sorry, Ash. But please... let me be selfish just this once, just this time.

I hope you forgive me, Ash.

**

"Ash, I'm going out for a bit." Eiji informs when he stops after opening the door. His smile disappears upon finding out that Ash either didn't hear him or is just ignoring him. "I'll be off then." He softly says.

"Uh. Boss?" A skinny tall guy with face full of piercings yet still looks so innocent, hesitantly calls Ash's attention.

"Yes?" Ash responds with an irritated face.

"Eiji... N-Nothing." The man cowers back under Ash's terrifying heartless gaze.

Where could that idiot be going this time?

Why are you worried? He's old enough to take care of himself.

But I have a feeling that guy is a walking trouble magnet. He's probably in trouble after taking ten steps from the door. That can't be, right?

It could be. But why care? He's not someone worth keeping an eye on.

Yeah, you're undoubtly right.

You're right but where the hell are you going, Ash Lynx?!

"Are you going out, too Boss?"

"Fuck this!"

Ash dashes out the door and goes on the way he thinks Eiji must've went.

In less than three minutes, he spots the Asian boy innocently walking through the crowded streets, completely unaware of the malicious eyes pinned on him.

"Ei--" Ash halts from his plan of calling Eiji. Now is the perfect time to observe and understand this odd mysterious man.

"Is the news true about the Leopard?"

"It's true. He's returned to claim Chinatown."

"New York will be bathe in blood once again."

Leopard? Ash minds thinks hard. He's heard the name. He's known it.

"This is getting thrilling." He sneers at no one in particular.

Ash restrains himself from coming too close to Eiji. He doesn't know why but it sure is a real challenge to do.

"This guy's hopeless. He doesn't even know he's being followed." Ash criticizes with a click of his tongue. He keeps his eyes on Eiji and watches him enter an apartment.

Ash decides not to go any further and just stays outside, his eyes never leaving the door. Then, a lone figure enters his vision. A man on casual clothes, face hidden with a mask and a cap on his head. Overall appearance, suspicious. Ash loses interests and deems the man not a foe judging from the way he moves. The man enters Eiji's apartment and so far nothing notable has happened.

Five minutes.

Ten minutes.

Fifteen minutes.

Still there are no signs of either Eiji or of the man.

Twenty minutes.

"Ahhh!!!"

"Shit! I knew this would happen."

Ash sprints to the door and reaches the place as fast as lightning.

"Eiji!" Ash screams as he bangs the door open with his finger ready to pull the trigger at any time. He sees Eiji on the ground with the man standing before the poor pale boy. This sight clouds Ash's judgement.

Either the man intensionally didn't put up a fight or he didn't know how doesn't matter, Ash pinned him on the ground without breaking a sweat and the result is unlikely to change even if he retorted.

Ash twists the man's arm with every intention of breaking it and he presses the gun's tip on his head. "Who are you?" Ash's demonic side has now shown up and Eiji isn't used to seeing this.

"Answer me!" Ash demands while he twists the man's arm even more, probably now ripping his muscle tissues. The poor man cries in pain.

"Ash. Ash, stop." Eiji finally returns from his own world. He shoves Ash aside and glares at him.

"What are you doing?" Eiji throws Ash a quick glance of disbelief before helping the other. "Are you alright, Ibe-san?"

"Ash sure is someone I don't wanna clash with." The old man laughs nervously while easing the throbbing pain on his right arm.

"Ibe-san?" Ash looks at the man with an incomprehensible expression. Vague memories of him come rushing but it isn't as a shock to Ash as it was last time.

"Ei-chan told me what happened. I mean, he was in the middle of explaining it when you barged in." Ibe turns to Eiji and etches a smile of relief.

"I'll get going then. Make sure you keep in contact with your mom until she arrives here."

"But Ibe-san I haven't explained everything yet."

Ibe places a hand on Eiji's shoulder, patting him assuringly. "I think I heard what must be heard."

"Ibe-san, I apologize for your arm." Ash's tone now seems more relax as he states his apology with a bow.

"I don't blame you. It's simply what the spirit of youth does to you. You act based on wild instincts when it comes to protecting someone important."

Ibe's words leaves Ash in a daze.

Protect? Someone important?

Ash turns his head to Eiji who's once again as pale as snow.

"What?" Ash asks, trying to decipher the meaning behind Eiji's horrified face.

"B-B-B-Beside you." Eiji barely talks with trembling lips.

Ash turns only to see a spider of a bigger size than the normal ones. "This?" He clarifies and holds the thing closer to Eiji's face not knowing its consequence.

"Eiji? You're not fainting on me. Wake up!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 14 49
Oh boy here we go. This book might bring back your Banana Fish depression. It's an AU where Ash still gets stabbed by Lao but survives and goes with...
177 17 2
This story takes place at their second year in Izumo when Ash will turn 20. They're a couple for around 1.5 years and happy. But for Eiji his promis...
149K 5.7K 31
An alternative ending where Eiji saves Ash at the last minute before bleeding out. Since he's powerless in a wheelchair he has help, of course.
19.8K 601 20
What if Dino got to Eiji when he had the chance. TW: Self Harm Rape Abuse Blood Slight torture Inspired by @lmao_animeshit