Here For You

By slytherindrarrylover

Harry Potter did not live a normal life. He was abused by the relatives and told that his parents, Lily and J... More

Chapter One: The Letter
Chapter Two: Magic?
Chapter Three: Diagon Alley
Chapter Four: Hogwarts
Chapter Five: Classes
Chapter Six: Dueling Part One
Chapter Seven: Dueling Part Two
Chapter Eight: A Pureblood Christmas
Chapter Nine: Hearts Desire
Chapter Ten: Triumphs
Chapter Eleven: A Midnight Summers Dream
Chapter Twelve: Who Him?... Oh God.
Chapter Thirteen: Prospects and Discoveries
Chapter Fourteen: Lessons, the Good and the Bad
Chapter Fifteen: Riveting Bonds
Chapter Sixteen: Holiday Reunions
Chapter Seventeen: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter Nineteen: The Candor of Goblins
Chapter Twenty: Recuperation
Chapter Twenty-One: To Obfuscate
my apologies

Chapter Eighteen: Expectations

11.7K 353 98
By slytherindrarrylover

A/N: Hey loves! Sorry it's been so long. I'm trying to make things follow my original plan without making what I've already wrote sound screwed up. By the way, there has been quite a few comments on their age and the one kissing scene in the chapter during the summer. That has been edited out and I am trying to fix some of the other scenes as well. Rereading them made me realize that you guys are right, it's moving a bit too fast. I originally planned for them to get together in third year with the help of Pansy but that obviously didn't happen. It is still going to be a little fast but nothing like that, I think I was reading some smutty stuff those days. Anyways, hope  you all love the chapter, super excited and cant wait! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter(Draco does ;)

Third POV

Harry looked at the parchment in shock. He didn't understand why bad things happened to good people. What had he done the universe? Why did it hate him so? Harry took a shuddering breath and reread the letter.

Dear Harry,

I am so sorry. I have no idea what happened. The change of guardianship was just about to go through, I swear it. Something went wrong. They denied my request. I'm sorry, but I don't think I will be able to fix this before break. I'm trying, I promise. I have a few friends in the Ministry that are helping me out. I'll let you know if anything changes. 

Messrs. Moony and Remus

Harry told another shaky breath and pocketed the note. What was he going to do? He couldn't go with Remus now, at least not for a while. He wasn't going to be able to go with the Malfoys again, they were heading to France to visit one of Dracos cousins. He was going to have to stay at the Dursley's, all summer. Harry felt his face pale.

"Harry?" Harry quickly schooled his face and looked at Draco with a strained smile.

"Yeah," Draco looked at him strangely and placed a hand on the small of his back. 

"Are you alright? You've been a bit out of it for awhile." Harry blinked and gave a nervous laugh, rubbing at the back of his neck. 

"Yeah, everything is fine. Just got some weird thoughts, no biggie." Draco frowned but went back to talking to Theo about their Defense homework. Harry bit his lip in thought. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he was not going to tell Draco.

A week later

"Mount your brooms!" Harry and the rest of his team quickly followed Madam Hooches order while the Gryffindor team, directly across from them, clambered, quite noisily, onto their brooms.

Today was the day. The Inter-House Quidditch Cup. Harry, as well as the rest of the team, was a bundle of nerves and adrenaline. They were nervous, but excited. The stands were stuffed with jubilant staff and students, all either holding banners, screaming loudly for their team, rocking house themed designs on their faces or even all three. 

The sun was high and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. There was a slight breeze but nothing too chilly. Perfect weather. 

"On my whistle!" Harry readied himself and looked at the sky, trying to catch a glimpse of the snitch. Both teams bristled in preparation, waiting  for Madam Hooches whistle. It was still, quiet. No one moved, all eyes were trained in the sky. 

The whistle blew, loud and clear, and the teams took to the sky in a flash. 

"And they're off!" Screamed the commentator, a Gryffindor named Lee Jordan, through a magical bullhorn. Wind blew harsh across Harry's face as he flew high above the pitch and started to search for the snitch. He kept a close eye on the game, smiling when Draco scored the first goal of the game, and his fellow seeker. Harry didn't know the boy very well, but he planned to win the Cup no matter what.

Harry flew a bit higher, making a large, lazy circle around the pitch, and noticed that his fellow seeker was tailing him. Harry lightly smirked and dived. 

"It seems like Potter has spotted the snitch! He took a sharp dive and heading straight down! McLaggen has already dove after him! It's a race to the snitch this early the game! With twenty to zero  and Slytherins in the lead." Harry gripped his broom tightly and pulled it as hard as he could towards the sky. He grunted when the broom jerked harshly but he managed to level it out without causing any damage. "And it was fake! Potter has some skills on that broom, but will he be able to catch the snitch!" 

Harry scoffed lightly under his breath as he flew above the game to look for the snitch. He noticed that the other boy was tailing him, again. He sighed and flew lazily over the pitch, getting quite annoyed at the copycat. 

A flash of gold suddenly shine in Barry's eyes from the other side of the pitch and he gradually increased his speed. Harry prayed that Jordan wouldn't call him out. He prayed really hard, he did.

"It seems that Potter has caught sight of the snitch again!" Damn, Harry thought. "But is it a fluke this time as well, McLaggen seems to be wary!" Harry frowned at the name slightly before realizing it was the other seeker. He shook his head and zoomed after the snitch. He heard cheers and screams from the crowd, urging him to go faster. He obeyed.

The wind blew harshly, on the brink of painfully, against his cold skin and he could feel the butterflies of anxiety fluttering in his chest. He grinned widely and pushed his broom to go faster, stretching his hand out into the air. The snitch was a foot away. Closer. Almost there. Cheers were louder than ever and Harry could feel the fluttering of the wings against his fingertips. Then, the world spun. 

Harry's entire equilibrium was shook as he and his broom were hurtled through the air. He managed to pull his broom to a stop and saw McLaggens figure racing after the snitch. Harry sighed heavily and tore after the lion.

"Professer is that allowed? McLaggen has pushed Potter through the air! But Potter has recovered quite quickly and is right on his tail! This is gonna be a close one folks!" Harry tunes out the rest of the commentary and solely focused on the golden ball. He paid no mind to the wind, nor the butterflies. He only pushed his broom harder and outstretched his hand. 

They were neck and neck and if Harry could just go a little faster. Harry made quick desicion, and probably a bad one as well, and used just a little bit of wandless magic to fog up McLaggens goggles. The other boys made a small sound of surprise and slowed a little. Harry rushed forward and grasped the snitch, canceling the spell he had used at the same time.

"They've done it! Harry Potter has caught the snitch and Slytherin has now won the Cup!" Screams and cheers from the crowd rang in Harry's ears as he held up the snitch for everyone to see. Draco zoomed towards him with a smile and Harry smiled back.

"Wonderful as always, darling," Draco drawled in an overly sweet voice. Harry smiled at the nickname and tone before gliding slightly closer to the blond.

"But of course," Harry said in the same tone with a shrug. "Only the best team for you, sweetheart." Draco smiled and closed the gap between them to place a chaste kiss on Harry's lips. It lasted only a moment, maybe two, and Harry smiled into it. 

"Alright lovebirds," A voice called from below. They separated and shyly looked down to see Blaise standing with Pansy on the field, both with their arms crossed over their chests and a small smirk in their faces. "Let's go. We have a party to go to." 

A week later (ik lots of time skips here but it'll make sense later) 

Harry paced in his dorm, one arm hugging his stomach and the other propped on top of it with his thumb at his lips. His eyebrows scrunched slightly in thought and the soft, nearly silent, thud of his footsteps were the only noise. 

Classes were over and exams had been taken. The train would leave tomorrow morning and Harry had a plan. 

He had already told Remus that he found a friend who would allow him to stay the summer. He was really upset that he wouldn't see Draco all summer, but they were going to Paris and Harry didn't want to intrude. Of course, he also hadn't actually found a friend but he was just going to let everyone think that he was staying with some random friend. He was going to go to the bathroom and wait an hour or so before leaving the, hopefully empty, station and going to the Leaky Cauldron. He would stay there for the summer and send everyone letters with his experiences at his 'friends' house.It was quite simple. It shouldn't be too hard. 

Harry continued to pace and didn't notice when the door opened and Draco stood there, watching him for a moment. 

"You're going to wear a hole in the floor if you keep on like that." Harry jumped and looked at the doorway. He stopped and walked over to Draco. 

"Sorry, I was just thinking." 

"About?" Harry smiled and shook his head.

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head over, my dragon." Draco flushes lightly and Harry laughed before going back to finish packing up his trunk. "You should finish packing, we're leaving tomorrow morning." He heard Draco groan dramtically and walk towards the bed, which held his trunk and items to pack, and collapse onto it. Harry sighed and looked his boyfriend who had his buried into the comforter.

"Are you comfortable like that?" He asked incredulously. Draco groaned and rolled over.

"No," he stated, arm reaching to pull out a thick book. " I'm being abused by my own items." Harry shook his head and pulled out his wand. He flicked it Draco's pile of stuff and smiled in amusement as Draco yelled in surprise. Everything flew into the trunk neatly and Harry turned back to manually packing his own stuff. He heard Draco get up and walk towards him. "Do you need any help?" Harry turned around and looked at Draco's small smile with a bemused expression plastered on his face.

"You're asking if I need help packing my stuff?" Harry asked. "I literally just packed your stuff for you." 

"Fine nevermind." Draco grinned  and flopped onto Harry's bed. He groaned again and reached under him to pull out the book that was digging into his back. Harry just laughed.

The train ride went smoothly, no one suspecting any of the worries that we're running through Harry's head. They bought lots of treats and, with so many people being in the compartment, we're piled all over each other. Th compartment  was filled with laughs and jokes and a few shows of magic. They arrived at the train station and Harry took a shaky breath before standing up and shrinking his trunk to place in his pocket. 

"Hey Harry," The brunet turned to see Neville looking at him.

"Yeah?"

"You have everything?" 

"I think so. I sent Hedwig and Ibis ahead. Anguish and Nigrum are asleep on my shoulders and Moony and Snuffles are right here." Neville raised an eyebrow and laughed a bit before walking out of the compartment. 

"See you in September Harry," The boy called as he left.

"Bye Nev," Harry looked around and noticed that everyone had already left except for Draco. "Seems like everyone already left." Draco raised an eyebrow and stretched out his hand. Harry took it in his own happily and whistled for Moony and Snuffles as they walked out. 

"You were a bit deep in thought." Draco said. Harry just smiled reassuringly at the blond and kept moving onto the platform. Harry caught sight of a pair of blond hair and pointed it out to Draco. They walked over and were greeted by smiles from Cissa and Luc. 

"Hello boys," Cissa greeted, placing a kiss on each boy's foreheads once they got in range. 

"Hey Cissa."

"Hello Mother." Cissa smiled and rested a hand on Draco's shoulder.

"Who's picking you up Harry?" Harry froze and looked at Cissa with innocent eyes.

"Um, I'm meeting them somewhere and then we're Apparating to their home." Cissa frowned and glanced at her husband warily. 

"Where are you meeting them?"

"Diagon Alley." Harry metally cursed himself.

"Really? That's an awfully public place." Harry just shrugged with a smile.

"We were just gonna pick up a couple books before we left. We plan on staying on the grounds the whole summer." Cissa narrowed her eyes for a moment but nodded. 

"We'll let you go Harry, but please do write. You'll drive Dragin mad if you don't." Harry laughed as Draco blushed and he stepped forward to place a kiss on the blonds cheek before stepping back. 

"I will make sure to write. I'll see you guys in September." 

"Goodbye Harry," Lic and Cissa said together.

"Bye love," Draco whispered. Harry smiled sadly at him and gave the other a chaste kiss before smiling and walking towards the Floo, whistling to gain Snuffles and Moonys attention again. Harry picked both of them up as he stepped into the Floo, placing Snuffles carefully on his shoulder, and grabbed a handful of Floo powder. Throwing it down with a shout of 'Leaky Cauldron', the brunet disappeared with a flickering of bright green flames. 

Stepping out of the fireplace and into the empty pub, Harry walked towards the bar and rang the small bell on the counter.

"Just a sec," a voice called from the back. Harry smiled as he heard a few crashes and almost laughed when Tom stumbled out. "Harry!" 

"Hey Tom," Harry greeted. Tom walked over to him and curiously looked over the pets Harry had with him. "Gotta room open?" 

"Of course," He said kindly, reaching under the bar to pull out a think book. "How long?"

"All summer," Tom raised a brow but didn't say anything as he wrote some things down. Harry bit down on his lip anxiously and looked around. "You won't say anything will you?"

"No, I won't." Tom have the boy a smile and put the book down under the bar. He walked back into the room and came out with a key. "You don't happen to have two owls do you?" Harry nodded sheepishly and waited as Tom went back into the room. Harry really did laugh as Tom came back with his owls held on his arms held as far away from him as possible. Harry reaches out and both Hedwig and Ibis happily flew over to him.

"Thank you Tom," Tom waved a hand dismissively and started up the flight of stairs. Harry quickly followed and was led onto the third floor. 

"Here we are, room 31. Enjoy Harry. I'll see you for meals." Harry nodded and took the key from the man, before unlocking the door and stepping in. 

"Thanks again." Harry turned and saw that Tomhad already left him alone. Harry sighed and set down his owls on the small desk in the corner. He placed both Moony and Snuffles on the floor and carefully put Anguis and Nigrum on top of the dresser where a pair ch of sunlight warmed the wood. He pulled out his trunk and, using wandless magic, unshrunk it and placed it at the foot of the bed. He frowned as he looked at it. He was going to need a new trunk, or at least enhance this one. There was nothing wrong with it, he loved the simplicity of it, but there was t enough room. He kept all of his belongings here. He was going to have to go book shopping. Harry grinned.

Two days later and the summer was going great. Harry has managed to find the spell and fix his trunk, giving it multiple compartments if a certain password was spoken and placing a few protection charms. He had spent two full days shopping for items to fill his trunk and another day organizing it all. He now owned over a hundred books of various subjucts, a lot of new stationary, and new pets care items. 

Snuffles and Moony seemed container to run around the room with each other or lay now to to Harry when he was reading on the bed. Anguis and Nigrum either slept or went out to hunt, where though Harry doesn't want to know. Hedwig seemed determined to be riggt next to Ibis, who didn't seem to mind but was always flying around trying to shake her off. Harry laughed a lot as he watched them go in circles. 

The days passed slowly and Harry vaguely was aware that it had been less than a week since school had been let out but he was bored out of his mind. He sent a few letters and talked to Draco with the bracelet that they shared, but otherwise, he was completely cut off. 

Tom was a lovely host and gave Harry meals, on the house. He made sure no one bothered Harry and did his best to hide him, per Harry's preference. It was enjoyable and Harry found himself loving the quietness of solitude. He missed his friends and Draco of course, but with all of the hustle and bustle at Hogwarts, living like this was quite nice. 

The break passed by and soon enough, it was his birthday. A dozen owls were waiting for him when he woke and thoroughly scared the crap out of him. He took each package and gave every owl a treat before sending them off. He smiled as he set all of the packages onto the bed, choosing to open them after he had eaten, and slipped on his shoes before heading down. 

"Good morning Tom," Harry greeted the bartender with a  smile. The man looked up from wiping down the counter and smiled back.

"Good morning Harry. I believe a happy birthday is in order." Harry grinned a bit wider and plopped down in one of the barstools. 

"Thank you," Tom gave him a nod before disappearing into the backroom and, after a few alarming noises, came out with a steaming plate of food. He set it down in front of Harry and ruffled his hair before going back into the backroom. Harry quickly dug into the eggs, sausage and toast, absently making sure he breathed in between bites, and soon enough the plate was clean. He stood up and ran up the stairs.

~Master!~ Anguis whined as soon as Harry entered the room. Harry looked at her and smiled. 

~Yes?~ Harry replied smoothly as he made his way to the end table where his money pouch lay. 

~We are bored~ Harry looked at Nigrum who now spoke and placed the green pouch in his pocket. 

~Well, I am going to Diagon Alley if you wish to join me.~ 

~Yes please Master~ Harry nodded to himself and walked over to the dresser where his snakes lay. 

~Just be sure to stick close to me.~ 

~Yes Master~ And with that, Harry picked up his snakes and made his way back downstairs

"I'm going to go to the Alley for a little while Tom," Harry called out as he walked towards the entrance to the Alley. 

"Alright, be safe!" The man replied as Harry disappeared. Harry smiled again and, using his wand, tapped the complicated sequence on the bricks. The bricks opened up and he quickly made his way to the bookstore, pausing only to glance at the newest broom in the display window. 

Entering the store, he took a deep breath and smiled as the scent of parchment and old wood wafted last his nose. He fully walked in and gave the shopkeeper a smile in greeting  before climbing up one of the staircases. He strolled through the aisles and picked off a few books that caught his attention, mostly including a variation of Dark Arts. 

After gathering around a dozen books, Harry headed downstairs and set his books down on the counter with a thud.

"Back again, Harry?" The shopkeeper asked, her pale green eyes twinkling in mirth. Harry laughed and nodded.

"Can't ever get enough." She smiled at him and tapped her wand against each book, removing the charm that prevented the books from leaving the store. 

"Twenty-three galleons, Harry," Harry reaches into his pouch and pulled out a handful, counting in his head and pulling out a few more to get the correct amount. 

"Harry," She said, exasperation clear in her voice. Harry blinked up at her innocently.

"What?" 

"Twelve too many," she said taking the extra and holding it out for him to take. Harry looked at her hand, a smile threatening to show.

"No it's just enough." He said stepping back with his books in hand. 

"Harry," She said sternly, warning clear in her voice. Harry only smiled and walked back further.

"Bye Karlie," Harry quickly made his exit, leaving an exasperated blonde behind. Harry wandlessly shrunk the books and placed them in his pocket before continuing down the crowded Alley. 

After an hour or so, and not finding anything else that really caught his eye, Harry slowly made his way to the Leaky Cauldron. He felt a growing sense of unease in his stomach and came to a complete stop with a frown at on his face. He looked around warily and continued towards the inn at a quicker pace. 

He didn't feel the Notice-Me-Not charm that was placed over him. All he was aware of was the pair of invisible hands that wrapped around him roughly and that he was dragged through the crowd. He screamed loudly and started bucking around wildly, trying to escape the grasp of his assailant. The grip only tightened and he felt a hand disappear before unfamiliar magic washed over him, silencing his screams. 

He vision became blurry as tears streamed down his face and he barely registered that he was being dragged into a darker area. He hissed in pain as he was thrown against a brick wall and grimaced as he landed in a puddle. The Notice-Me-Not charm disappeared from both people and Harry was able to make out a nondescript  dark figure. 

Before Harry could even get a closer look, a hard boot connected with his face. He let out a anguished scream and felt blood gush from his nose. He took a few deep breaths, trying to recuperate and find his bearings before sterling his resolve. He was t going to let this nobody get the better of him. He tried to focus on using his magic to through off his attacker but they seemed to sense it coming as they had drawn their wand and had it aimed straight at his heart. He sucked in a sharp breath as he heard familiar words from an unfamiliar voice.

"Crucio!" Harry screamed in pain and writhed on the dirty stones. He though of nothing, pain wiping his mind blank. 

He didn't know how long it lasted for, but he registered as the pain suddenly decreased and a sharp kick to his side made him cry out. He heard his assailants footsteps run away and he shut his eyes tight, curling into himself. Tears made their way out of his eyes and he vaguely registered his name being called before blackness engulfed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 1.1K 26
"And that night young Harry and (y/n) slept, not knowing they were special, not knowing they were famous, not knowing that at that very moment, peopl...
839K 31.9K 31
Harry Potter no longer has any fucks to give. That's it. That's the plot. Thanks for coming to my ted talk. ((And all because Death does something ab...
73.2K 2.6K 62
"I have my secrets, you have yours. All I ask is you respect my privacy." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Harry Potter's alw...
109K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...