We Were Just Kids in Love

By vovnix

Roxy Cruz and Nate Mahoney have been best friends since the age of 7 and were inseparable until Roxy's parent... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 13

50.9K 1.2K 129
By vovnix

Chapter thirteen:

Recap:

“You could have just called me from your balcony Naddy… you knew I would do that, didn’t you?”

“I did” he laughed. I rolled my eyes and smiled, at least we could still joke and laugh with each other. That was a good sign… wasn’t it? “So… about that talk. You want to come over now? I have a fair bit to talk to you about”

I gulped, “I’ll be right over”

“Don’t take too long” he said quietly before hanging up. I held the dead tone to my ear for another few more seconds. He has a fair bit to talk to me about?

That can’t be good.

*************************************************************************************

I stared at my phone in my hands willing for it to sprout wings and grow ten feet tall… just so I had a distraction and wouldn’t have to find out what Nate had to ‘talk to me about’. I tucked it way into my pocket with a sigh and checked to see if I was decent enough before leaving the house.

I looked a mess to be honest.

I quickly changed to denim short shorts and a loose grey t-shirt that hung off a shoulder showing my bright yellow tank top underneath. I slipped into yellow flip flops and was out in the door in a matter of minutes. As I walked, hundreds of reasons why Nate wanted to talk to me flew through my mind and I thought about how it could be about anything.

Last night was a mistake.

We should only be friends.

Maybe he didn’t even want to be friends at all?

I stopped mid-step and my breath froze half way up my throat. Nate was ‘busy’ all day and refused to let me over before he asked me to. I didn’t notice anyone come or go, but I wasn’t even paying attention to anything besides the shadows moving across the ceiling.

What if he slept with another girl…?

Oh my God!

What if he regretted sleeping with me so much that he slept with another girl just as a rebound or to get rid of any memory of me?! What if she was prettier than me? Smarter than me? More fun and more humorous than me? Any other girl would have something over me… because she wouldn’t be Nate’s best friend. She wouldn’t be forbidden fruit.

I shouldn’t go.

I should just turn around and hide under my bed, or maybe dig a hole and bury myself in there. I was already standing like an idiot on Nate’s lawn and I’m sure by now he’s seen me. I heaved a sigh… well, I needed to grow some lady balls and just listen to what he needed to say. In the end we would always be friends, I’m sure of it.

I think.

I didn’t bother knocking and just walked through the door straight into an empty house. “Naddy?” I called out.

“In my room” he yelled back down. I shut the door and kicked my flip flops off before walking up his wood floor stairs. My feet wanted to take their time and I stared at the ground, counting each step as I walked up. After twenty-two steps I hit the second floor of his house and padded down to the room I lived in for the last few weeks.

It was closed and I briefly wondered why Nate would close it when he knew I was here. I shrugged off the odd thought and pushed it open. “So… you wanted to talk-” I started to say as I pushed the wooden door open.

I froze at the sight in front of me.

Nate’s bedroom was filled with lit candles that offered a shimmering glow to the warm room. On the ground Nate had spread a pathway of blood red rose petals to where he stood in the middle. He wore black slacks and a black dress shirt that all matched his black leather shoes. My breath caught when his soft lips curved into a breath taking smile.

“Naddy, what is all this?” I asked dumbfounded.

I walked over to him and he lifted a hand to hold mine in his. Before I knew it he crushed me in a hug that melted my heart and bent down a knee.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

My eyes widened in shock. He’s not going to….

“Please tell me you’re not proposing!” I squeaked.

Nate chuckled as he continued to hold my hand and cleared his throat before answering. “Roxanne” he started. Oh, sh*t. He must be serious if he’s using my full name! “Before I start I just want to say that I know what you’ve been thinking since this morning and the answer is no, I haven’t been with another girl and I don’t regret what happened.

“As a matter of fact, I’m glad last night happened. Ever since I laid eyes on you again I’ve noticed how much my feelings for you have changed. So I’m asking you… will you be my girlfriend, as well as my best friend?”

I stared at him in shock before narrowing my eyes.

“Nathan you idiot! You scared the living crap out of me!” I yelled at him. I pulled his hand that still held mine and he stood up laughing like the queen herself tripped over and flashed the world her granny panties. “But, besides the fact that you’re a complete idiot… yes I will be your girlfriend and continue being your best friend”

His laughing had stopped and he beamed like a kid on Christmas at my answer. I screamed when he scooped me up and spun me around in a circle. My scream was cut short, however, when his lips dipped to capture mine with a toe curling kiss. Nate swallowed my moans and I vaguely felt my back hit his soft bed.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed him closer to me. He gripped my waist and pulled me tight against him until our bodies had nothing, not even air separated us. I pulled back before I fainted from lack of air. My head fell backwards onto his pillow and my chest heaved up and down as I tried to suck in as much needed air as I could.

Damn, that boy can kiss!

“Are you sure about all of this Naddy? You’re not going to regret this?” I asked worriedly.

“I’m 200% certain Rox. You’re unbelievably perfect for me. I don’t know how I never saw it before” I smiled at his words, they were so romantic and I was feeling giddy at this new side of Nate I was seeing. The ‘boyfriend’ Nate!

***

It was Monday and I was more than excited to show the whole school that Nate and I were together. We’d kept our relationship quiet towards our parents for the moment, just wanting it to be between us when it came to our families.

I stared out the windshield with one hand holding Nate’s as we carpooled to school. “It’s extra cold today” I commented as I watched the gloomy clouds loom low in the sky and the trees bend slightly in the wind.

“All the better to cuddle you, my dear” Nate replied in his ridiculous grandma voice. I giggled and squeezed his hand tighter. We arrived at school and Nate parked the car in his usual spot. That was something I didn’t miss about driving myself to school… having to look for a free parking space.

“You ready?” he asked with a raised brow.

“Yep! Though if you don’t see me at lunch that means your army of skanks probably kidnapped me and threw me off a cliff”

“Now you don’t think I would let them do that do you?” he asked as he leaned in. His minty breath brushed against my face and I felt myself drooling. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately and it really wasn’t pretty.

“Hmm… I don’t know… maybe you’d prefer a certain octopus sucking off your face to my extraordinary kisses?” I joked, reminding him of his ‘horrible date’ with what’s her face the cheerleader.

“True… very true… maybe I need a reminder of those extraordinary kisses of yours” he teased. I smiled and pushed the last few centimetres to lock our lips together. He opened his mouth immediately letting my tongue slither in and his taste exploded in my mouth.

His moan vibrated down my throat and he grabbed my hair at the back of my head and pulled it lightly, tilting my head up for better access. It felt like my world was shaking, his kisses seemed to be shaking the whole car…

Wait… no, the car really was shaking…

“Ohh! Ohhhh! Yeah baby! Take it all Nate! TAKE IT ALL!!!!” I heard Rome scream in a high pitched girl voice.

I pulled back with a pop when our lips separated and saw Rome standing at the right in front of us pushing the car down and making the whole vehicle shake as though we were doing a little more than kissing.

I blushed. I blushed really, really bad.

I heard Nate grumble low in his breath before opening the door and running outside. The next thing I knew Rome was tackled from the side and was on the ground in a second. I burst out in laughter I was practically crying and I vaguely heard Rome yelling defeat from under the car.

I opened the door and walked around to the front and saw Nate holding Rome in a choke hold. “Say it!” he yelled at Rome.

“Fine!” he choked out, “Nate is the hottest guy in school and I wish my d*ck was the size of his!”

“Damn straight” Nate laughed as he let go, “Can’t be letting anyone interrupt me kissing MY GIRLFRIEND” Nate yelled out for the entire of the school to hear.

Well… that was one way to tell the school we’re together.

***********************************************************************************

A/N

Who was expecting that? Lol.

Nix <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165 1 1
Alexa is a senior in high school with a best friend, Brian, that helps her through her hardest breakups, but she then finds herself falling for him...
7.2K 522 65
What happens when someone whom you used to call as 'bestfriend' turns out to be someone who you never thought him to become like and all this happen...
262K 4.2K 44
Eight years ago, Sarah Winrey has always been bullied by Leon Ferron, whom she's feared since the very first day she met him. After he gets expelled...