Scarlet Rain | ON HOLD

By kookstco

❝I really want to kiss you. Then kill you for making me feel these stupid emotions.❞ In which an assassin is... More

Scarlet Rain
Notice
01. Amidst the Rain
02. Committing of Crime
03. To Dream Again
04. Mute Melodies
06. Prey Caught
07. Into the Night
08. Last Words
New Book!

05. A Fool

3.2K 231 69
By kookstco

Scarlet's point of view henceforth.

"What is it that you want?" was the lone question asked in a state of confusion or vexation. 

In these circumstances, I asked out of pure relief and fright. I found comfort in the fact that the cause of my uneasiness no longer hid in the shadows but what now?

My eyes observed the aforementioned as his interest pan ed onto my lips, an action that might be taken wrongly if not known. I, however, could tell the action was not even close to one that indicated intimacy.

It was something else.

"We both have the answers to our queries," his eyes trailed back to meet mine. "It will be simple, Scar, if you cooperate."

I froze.

Scar? There was only one person who called me by that name. Him; the boy who worked me like one of his puppeteers.

It couldn't be.

"You wouldn't want the world to know what you did, would you?" he pressed.

"I don't recall what I may have done for the world to be so interested in," I replied back firmly.

The stranger gave me a smile in return, a rather charming one if it wasn't for the scar that blemished his fair skin. The fault started from his left eyebrow and lacerated over his eye, finishing its mark as it slanted to his cheek.

"That scar on your cheek, it has a story behind it — just like mine," he jutted his chin towards me. "I doubt you would forget such a memory so easily."

I mirrored his smile. "It's unfortunate I must've forgotten already."

That was a lie.

"Shame," the stranger tsked. "I thought it was certain he would've left more marks."

My lips twitched slightly in distaste but I kept my composure.

"Sir, I believe you've approached the wrong person," I reasoned. "Perhaps it's a coincidence the person you're looking for has the same name as me and a similar scar."

The man facing me examined every detail that lingered on my features, disappointment overtaking in his expression. "I'm an absolute fool thinking you would have changed."

"Like the old times," he sighed, "you've always been cunning in the way you lie."

"Are you calling me a liar?" I put a hand over my heart to dramatize how I felt. "You, stranger, should stop accusing people of such vulgar things."

How hypocritical of him when he was the one that hasn't changed. All I saw was still a boy who let the judgements of others overpower his true feelings.

The same person who walked away from me because of those hesitant emotions.

I no longer know who this boy was. The unkept hair that would bounce excitedly every time he nodded in agreement was now replaced by dark, silver locks. It's styled neatly, showcasing his chiseled eyebrows for the world to see.

Jay, or whichever name he goes by now, held a completely different aura to him.

What happened to you?

The occupied sign on the restroom door has yet to switch back to unoccupied. I felt a bit uneasy on why someone would take so long, not to mention no particular sounds can be heard either.

Jay does not say anything else after his accusation. I hope it signaled the end of this discussion, but I carelessly forgot why a knife was still hidden in my clutch.

I speak up. "I take your silence as the conclusion of...this," I gestured my hand between the two of us. "I hope we'll meet again in better circumstances, Jay."

He laughed a humorless tune at my words.

"So that's who you remember me as," he scoffed. "Out of the many other identities, you had to choose the one that I despise."

I pursed my lip, a bit taken back by his sudden outburst. "That's the only identity I've known you as."

Endless explanations on why he has such a dislike for his former identity scurried around in my head. I assumed only one possible answer.

It's because he met me through that identity.

Jay's hard expression softened, soon realizing his mistake. "Jiwook. I'm Jiwook. I haven't been given another name after Jay."

"You went back to the identity where we didn't meet," I nodded at my theorem.

Jiwook nodded in confirmation, his head hung low.

It had always been rare for him to show any form of vulnerability to me, though his eyes always gave it away.

"Vulnerability is a weakness. You are my weakness," he said once. "I don't want to show how weak you can make me."

I blinked the thought away, smiling softly at the man in front of me. "I do have a question, though, Jiwook. Let it be my first and last."

But I couldn't bring myself to query, not until I meet Jungkook's gaze from afar.

"Why?" I asked, eyes still connected to Jungkook's.

"Why do you hate me so much," I disconnected our eyes, "to the point where you have to find me after all these years?"

Jiwook could only stare, blue orbs twirling with an unreadable emotion.

"I was finally left at peace," I spat. "After all that you did."

"I... I don't know," Jiwook's eyebrows furrowed in agony. "I don't know Scarlet. I'm so fucking sorry."

"Sorry," Jungkook mocked, placing a hand on Jiwook's shoulder. "There were more important matters I had to tend."

Like the mile high club. I thought and grimace. Oops. Not appropriate right now.

My anger lessened once I felt tears prickling at the corner of my eyes, and I blinked rapidly to forbid their deluge.

Jungkook gave his foe a squeeze on the shoulder. "I was sure Jiwook wouldn't dare to place a hand on you."

"Jeon Jungkook," Jiwook gritted out. "Good to see you're alive."

"Hey," Jungkook grinned. "How are you little brother?"

━━━━━━

30 votes to unleash the next chapter◞‿◟

warning!! a very long author's note.
thank you for supporting rain while it lacked updates. i've been focusing on other things and now mainly go on wattpad to read rather than write (don't worry, i'm hopefully back on track now).

i update my covers more than i update the actual book. sorry guys. love & miss you!

AND !

thank you to eggceed for these beautiful covers. unfortunately, wattpad ruined the quality when i set them and that annoyed me sm asdghjkl. i'm sorry for wasting your time & effort! )-: i decided to just leave them here for everyone to have a good look at. they have a special place in my heart. :D

thank you to my dearest, beSTESTST, most precious friend grassgrx for these gORGEOUS!!! covers. you make AMAZING covers my fellow wattpadian. you also have a very special place in my heart as well as these fabulouso covers. don't doubt yourself!! p.s. i'm waiting for you to publish your own book (˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 570 43
"I could've killed you before, I just chose not to." He whispered, seductively leaning close to my lips. "I could've, just like I could've kissed you...
421K 18K 31
Jeon Jungkook has an unhealthy obsession with a girl he works with. -AU. Adult themes. Hints/smut - Please be cautious and old enough to read this b...
5.3K 560 22
》Completedγ€Š A story about two young detectives who were entangled in a love web. Their past must not stand in the way of solving the murder case, and...
1.3K 56 13
β€’Jihye (you)who is sweet kind and innocent girl β€’Jeon jungkook who is cold and heartless mafia king β€’Jihye who can't see anyone in pain β€’ jungkook...