The Third Hatake: A Naruto Fa...

By jarodlikestowrite

Naruto Hatake, the son of Kakashi and his mother is unknown. He's very much like his father, sarcastic, funny... More

Chapter 1: The Third Hatake
Chapter 2: Uchiha
Chapter 3: Academy
Chapter 4: Fight
Chapter 5: The Power of Three
Chapter 6: True
Chapter 7: Demon of the Hidden Mist
Chapter 8: Life
Chapter 9: Kekkei Genkai
Chapter 10: Changes
Chapter 11: From Within
Chapter 12: Coarse Sand
Chapter 13: Sign
Chapter 14: Mares
Chapter 15: Blanks
Chapter 16: Exams
Chapter 17: The Smell of Snakes
Chapter 18: Preliminaries Suck
Chapter 20: Sad
Chapter 21: Wanderer
Chapter 22: The Title of Winner
Chapter 23: Invisible
Chapter 24: Storm
Chapter 25: Promises Kept
Chapter 26: Aftermath
Chapter 27: 3 Years Later
Chapter 28: Village Hidden in the Mind
Chapter 29: Nonfiction
Chapter 30: Allies or Enemies
Chapter 31: Flipping a Coin
Chapter 32: Mission
Chapter 33: Rocks
Chapter 34: Wind vs. Lightning
Chapter 35: Life
Chapter 36: Madness
Chapter 37: Misery
Chapter 38: Return
Chapter 39: Comparison
Chapter 40: Flowing
Chapter 41: Old Faces
Chapter 42: A Real Coup
Chapter 43: Enigma
Chapter 44: The Final Battle
Chapter 45: The Finale
Chapter 46: The Sixth Hokage
Epilogue

Chapter 19: Killshot

6.9K 184 80
By jarodlikestowrite

A single knock was heard, and Fugaku let a smirk crossed his lips. "Come," He said, turning around as he saw Naruto walk in, dressed in grey rags and a blank Anbu mask on. 

"What is your bidding, my master?" He said, bowing down on one knee, his blank face towards the ground. 

"It seems you've learned your lesson, finally." 

Flashback 

"Itachi says that you've been acting. . .disobedient, lately." Fugaku said as he looked at Naruto, who refused to meet the Uchiha Head's eyes. 

"We have a way with dealing with those like you, don't worry, Naruto. I'll rectify that.  Kotoamatsukami." Naruto's eyes widened at the sound of that word, but was quickly restrained by Shisui and Itachi Uchiha. "Teach him where his loyalties lie." Shisui bowed his head. 

"Of course, Fugaku-sama." Naruto would know pain.

As all tools did. 

Flashback End

"Danzo and his Foundation are the only ones that stand in our way, with the Foundation, he could change the entire operation." Fugaku said as he put his hands behind his back. "You have closer ties to Danzo more than anyone else in this village, dispose of every last Root member, none shall be spared, understood?" 

"Yes, master." Naruto said, his voice no longer sounding his own, a deeper and more monotone to it than before, as if he was a completely different person. "They shall dye the ground with their blood, and my sword with bone." Fugaku smirked. 

"But, you shall have a partner though, as good grace, the Kazekage lent us his daughter to help take care of this problem we face. He would've sent his youngest son, the Jinchuuriki of the One Tails, but the boy is unstable, and would most likely release Shukaku on the village." Temari walked into the room, her eyes hardened as she looked at Naruto, a strange feeling of recognition going through her mind. 

He seemed familiar. Perhaps they met before? But the only Uchihas she had met were Naruto, who didn't even claim the Uchiha name, and Sasuke, but the boy was out training with his older brother at the moment, so who was this person before her? 

"Hokage-sama, I'm ready whenever my comrade is." Fugaku nodded, pleased. 

"Hm, you'll need a codename," He said, indicating towards Naruto. "I'll let you choose for the time being." If Naruto was shocked, he didn't show it. 

"I," He hesitated as he slowly stood up, looking at his hands. "Death." He whispered. "I wish to be called 'Death', for this mission, master." Fugaku wanted to laugh, but refrained from doing so, nodding towards the boy, who had just turned 13 years old that day. 

"Very well, 'Death', you and Temari are to infiltrate the East entrance of the Foundation base, and wipe them off the map." Death and Temari nodded, before disappearing in a shushin. 

"Is this the right decision, Fugaku-kun?" Mikoto asked her husband as she appeared in the doorway. Fugaku nodded. 

"Yes, Naruto is the only one who can carry out that mission, Temari is just to blame the Sand for the death of Danzo." Mikoto frowned. 

"You know best, husband." 

"Do I know you?" Temari asked as they walked towards the hidden door that would lead into the Root base. "I feel like I've seen you before." Death didn't bother to answer her question, not finding any purpose. 

"Do not worry of such things." He said. "We have a base to destroy." He kicked open the door, making the metal hinges screech in protest before the door flew forward. 

"Not really one for stealth, are you?" Death glanced at Temari. 

"What's the point? They will all be dead soon." Temari shrugged. 

"True, I guess." Three people with blank mask came forward, swords drawn. 

"Who are-" He was stopped in mid-sentence as his head slid off his shoulders, along with his two comrades as they collapsed to the ground. Temari curled her nose up in slight disgust. 

"At least make sure you aren't channeling lightning chakra to your blade, the burning flesh stinks." She said before taking the fan off her back. "Whatever, let's get this over with." She opened her fan and quickly swung it, causing a huge wind justu to go throughout the compound, killing many. 

"You handle the trash, I'll take down the leader." Death said as he walked away from her after getting a nod of confirmation from the girl. 

"If they can't get to me, they can't touch me." Temari said with a smirk as she began doing more wind jutsu with her fan, blasting and killing people with each passing second. 

Death walked into the room where Danzo was standing idly, his eye closed as he meditated, seemingly expecting the boy, Fu in front of him, his sword in hand as he glared at the masked figure in front of him who had attacked his base, his home. 

"Naruto, I hope you know what you're doing." Danzo said, not even turning around to see Naruto take off his mask, revealing his small whisker marks. 

"I don't care. I have one purpose, and that's to serve the Leaf under the rule of the Uchiha." Now this got Danzo's attention, but he didn't look surprised. 

"So, they finally decided to revolt. We've been watching them most closely, well, time to exterminate them." Naruto wasn't phased by the words. 

"Currently, my partner is killing all of the Anbu in the base right now, and my Shadow Clones are easily dispatching the remaining members in the other hidden bases. It's over Danzo, surrender and die peacefully, or die painfully, I will not give you a third choice." 

"I will not fight my greatest accomplishment." Danzo said as he stood up. "Fu, fight him please. If you lose, I will die." Fu looked at Danzo with shock. This man, Danzo Shimura, raised him. Raised HIM. He was the second in command, and now he was to fight for his master's life? 

"I will not let you die this day, Danzo-sama." He shouted, undying conviction in his voice. 

"So we shall see." Danzo replied as he turned around, wanting to watch the fight. 

"I'll kill you, not just for Danzo-sama," Fu ran forward. "But for Torune too!" A single glimpse of light reached Naruto's eyes, but it was repressed as a steel gaze went back in it's place as lightning flickered across his blade before the two swords clashed, sparks giving off. 

The two kept the battle of kenjutsu going, neither being able to land a significant or fatal blow to the other. Naruto leaped over top of Fu, using his elbow to push in the middle of the man's spine, causing him to buckle down before trying to stab Fu in the leg, only to miss and have his sword go straight through the concrete floor. 

Fu swept Naruto's feet out from under him, causing him to fall on his back as he went to stab the grey haired boy right in the chest, but failed as the blade pierced the chest, only to explode, sending him tumbling towards a wall. 

"You are skilled in the art of swords, Fu, there is no question as of that. But in ninjutsu, I have you beat." Fu wiped the blood off his lip, glaring at Naruto. 

"The only reason you could keep up with me is because of your Sharingan." Naruto didn't comment on that, not denying it. 

"To die is natural, some experience before others, some experience it after others, and some experience it with others, like you will with the rest of your comrades tonight." Fu's face lit up in rage as he charged Naruto, who had just sheathed his sword, the boy smirking as he lifted his hand up, lightning sparking in his hand. "This is an alternate jutsu to my father's Chidori, not as powerful, but it's enough to do the trick." The lightning show forward, piercing Fu's heart mid-run as he collapsed to the ground, blood seeping from his wound and mouth. 

"Forgive me, Danzo-sama. Torune, I'm sorry, I couldn't save," He began falling forward as he whispered one last word before he died. "Naruto." This time, Naruto's eyes were filled with emotion as they widened, and suddenly everything clicked and he felt a burden on his shoulders. 

The  Kotoamatsukami was no longer active. 

He had killed so many people in the name of justice, and yet. No, this wasn't right. He wouldn't, Haku, Kakashi, Sasuke, everybody! 

They made him do things he'd never do! He's killed countless people under the orders of Fugaku Uchiha, he was a puppet! 

"A. . .puppet." He whispered. 

"Fugaku's ultimate genjutsu isn't so ultimate after all." Naruto heard Danzo speak. "Now, you have two sides to you, Naruto. Both are right, yet both are also wrong. You have a choice to make, what will you choose, now that you know exactly what happened?" Naruto slowly walked over to the door he had knocked down before, picking up the blank mask softly. 

And he put said mask on. 

Danzo's eyes softened for a second as he saw Naruto draw out his sword, his signature lightning coursing through the metal. 

"So this is your choice," He said, noticing that Naruto's sharingan had shifted from two commas to three. "If you follow your instincts, then you cannot be wrong. Do what you must do, I will not fight." Naruto lifted his sword up, ready to strike as tears ran down his face. He screamed, before forcing his body to act as he pierced Danzo's heart, and the man had a rare smile on his face, falling down. 

"Goodbye, grandson." He said with his last breath. Naruto dropped his sword and fell to his knees before looking in the air. 

"AAGGGHHHH!" 

Flashback

"Good, now just channel your chakra throughout the sword, and make sure that you picture it tamed, yet wild. That is lightning." Danzo instructed softly as Naruto gripped the sword, his eyes narrowed at the sword with concentration. Sparks began flying before electricity came across it, and a smile showed on the boy's eyes. 

"I did it!" He exclaimed, and Danzo nodded. 

"Indeed, I sent Sai to get something to eat to replenish our energy, call it a celebration." 

"Thanks Danzo-jiji!" Naruto said before he could catch himself. His eyes widened as he immediately bowed. "I apologize for my rash words." Danzo waved him off, chuckling a little. 

"It's fine, it's quite refreshing in all actuality. Just don't do it again." Naruto nodded, his smile back on his face. 

Flashback End

"AAGGGHHH!" Naruto screamed as his three comma Sharingan shifted into circle with tiny triangles on the top, the bottom left, and the bottom right, with a single circle connecting the triangles, holding the dead body of his pseudo-grandfather.

"I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FUGAKU UCHIHA!" 

Woah. Intense and cool asf. That's my honest opinion on it. What do yall think? Good? Bad? Telll meeeeee! 

Anyways, I really thought this would advance Naruto's character, and if everything plays out right, then I will be happy that it leads to what I want. I have decided on a pairing, and just so you know. . .

It's one of the lesser used pairings. Don't guess, or else you might spoil it for others cause I tend to reply. I can't help it. 

But yeah, I think this chapter turned out pretty damn well, thanks for reading this far, you can have a cookie you awesome person! Good thing you're not like me and skip over all the author notes. . . 

Sorry. 

Til next time my lil demons! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.5K 42
π’šπ’π’– 𝒂𝒓𝒆 π’˜π’π’“π’•π’‰ π’Žπ’π’“π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 π’šπ’π’–π’“ π’”π’–π’‡π’‡π’†π’“π’Šπ’π’ˆ ⚠️depression trigger warning! Beware, dont read if it will negatively impact...
Stolen Moments By

Fanfiction

22 0 5
Naruto isn't the person you thought he was. That Naruto was a mask. Once that mask comes down the village will be in for a shock. How will his teamma...
47K 970 49
Kakashi Hatake is the father of Sayuri Uchiha Hatake. Sayuri's mother, and Kakashi's wife Yuri Senju Uchiha has unfortunately passed during the Uchih...
4.2K 82 9
After the death of the Fourth Hokage and his Wife, Y/N started becoming alone. Y/N wasn't used to it, because it was quiet. The only household Y/N u...