Universe | NCT Dream One-Shots

By nocturnara

Imagination is the mind's eyes. Imagination is the seventh sense. It can turn your dreams into reality, only... More

Disclaimer
Author Note
Drunk
Gold Rush
Photograph
Barcelona
Give Me Love
Runaway
Grade 8
Shirtsleeves
What Do I Know?
Lego House
Staying Up
Providence
Surrender

Supermarket Flowers

3.8K 78 40
By nocturnara

Title : Supermarket Flowers
Pairings : Jisung x Jaemin

"And I know that when God
took you back he said
Hallelujah
You're home"

•  ¤  •

J

aemin had just noticed how distant Jisung was being. He usually pipped in the conversation between the group at lunch. In the worst days, he would be sitting close to Chenle and rested his head on the dolphin boy's shoulder, ignoring the world around him.

Jisung had never shut people out completely. It was weird to see him zoning off in his seat, not talking to the group, not leaning on Chenle. He was just there, eyes not focused.

To say that Jaemin was worried is an understatement. Jaemin could feel how Jisung was not in the good state of mind.

Seemed like their friends noticed too. Even Donghyuck wouldn't bother the youngest amongst them.

"Yah, Jisung-ah. You should eat something." Jaemin tried to push a plate of sauteed veggies and some mashed potatoes. "You're getting skinnier."

"I'm fine, hyung. Don't worry."

The group exchanged glanced as Jisung ignored the plate in front of him. Chenle sighed and continued to eat his lunchbox. Jeno sent an "at least you tried" glance towards Jaemin. Donghyuck started to argue again with Renjun about the proper way to park a car.

If only Mark was there. Of course, things weren't exactly the same since the oldest had graduated from high school. Their group of friendship were still intact, sometimes they also went to Mark's house and hung out. But when it comes to asking "what's wrong" and approaching the group members to have a heart-to-heart convo, Mark was the guy.

Jaemin didn't know what to do with Jisung. The youngest boy didn't even say goodbye to the group when the bell rang. It must be pretty darn serious.

So, Jaemin did what he thought was the best thing he could do.

Jaemin waited for Jisung after school. They were about to go to Dunkin' Donuts, but Jaemin assured the other guys to go ahead first.

It took awhile until Jisung stepped out of the school building, wearing his windbreaker and Jansport hanging from his shoulder. Once the younger locked eyes with Jaemin, who waited at the bottom of the stairs, Jisung lowered his head. Jaemin kind of hoped Jisung would walk passed him without exchanging words, but he was wrong.

Jisung stood in front of him, eyes still glued on the floor.

"Hi." Jaemin said softly, not wanting to scare the boy.

"Hello." Jisung replied, his voice was hoarse.

"Walk with me?" Jaemin offered.

There they went, walking out of the school together, side by side. Jisung still had not talked to Jaemin. The sound of other people's chatter and cars passing by sounded distant as Jaemin's attention was all focused on Jisung.

He didn't know where they were heading, but Jisung stopped in front of a convenience store. It wasn't a small store, it was almost as huge as supermarket.

"Wanna go inside?" Jaemin asked.

Jisung nodded and walked in, Jaemin followed him from behind. Jisung strolled around the areas for awhile before going to the secluded section in the back. Jaemin watched as Jisung grabbed a bouquet of flowers from a vase. He wanted to ask who the flowers was for, but he didn't.

After paying for the flowers, they left the building. Jisung held the flowers in his hands like they were the most precious thing in the world. Jaemin made no comments as they walked further east, almost to the city border. It wasn't a long walk, since their school was also located on the east side of the city.

"The others... They're at the donut shop, right?" Jisung suddenly asked.

"Y-yeah." Jaemin was taken aback by the sudden question. "Jisung, what's wrong?"

Jisung smiled at him sadly. "Promise me you wouldn't tell them?"

Jisung was keeping secrets from the group? Jaemin couldn't help but thinking that this was a huge thing. He nodded, nonetheless, promising the younger not to be a snitch.

Jisung didn't say anything else until they reached the gate of the cemetery. Jaemin couldn't form a sentence. What were they doing there in the cemetery? There was no living human in sight, not even the gardener or the caretaker.

However, Jaemin kept walking with Jisung. Making a turn to the north side of the area, careful not to step on a grave.

There was no sound of cars nor the usual hustle bustle of the city. It was eerily quiet. Jaemin was walking right behind Jisung, so he was startled when Jisung abruptly stopped.

"You've never met her, but..." Jisung turned to Jaemin with a smile. "Here's my grandma."

Jaemin turned to the grave that Jisung faced. He could see the picture of Jisung's grandmother on the tombstone, her name, her birthday, and the day she died.

Jisung put the bouquet of flowers on the grave and sat next to it, ignoring Jaemin who was processing all of this new information.

"Halmeoni, saengil chukhahaeyo." Jisung said in a cheerful tone. "It's been three years since you passed away. I missed you a lot, we all missed you here. Are you having a birthday party up there with our ancestors?"

Jaemin decided to sit next to Jisung. The younger took his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Ah, I know I should've brought harabeoji, but he's living with Auntie now. He's not living in this city, not anymore. But I brought a friend with me. His name is Na Jaemin and he's the best hyung I could ever get.

"Halmeoni, Jaemin here takes a good care of me. I know you must have seen it from above, but I just... Want to say it. He reminds me to eat, helps me study, sometimes teases me until I'm annoyed, but he loves me. He confesses every single day and asked me out a couple of times, but I haven't said yes. You said I should date someone when I'm out of high school, right?"

Jisung chuckled, Jaemin smiled. So that's why the younger was playing hard to get.

"Halmeoni, now that Jaemin is taking care of me, you don't have to worry anymore. I'm enjoying my life just like what you've always told me. And I hope you enjoy the afterlife without having to suffer from any illness.

"I never got the chance to say this but... I love you. I may not be the most vocal one about it, but I really do. Thank you for taking care of me since I was a baby, and my parents were still out there struggling to buy a cheap place to live. Thank you for raising me too, all those summer breaks and Christmas eves. You taught me a lot of stuff. I don't think I would be the person who I am today without you.

"Most importantly, thank you for showing me love. I know now that not a lot of people will like you for who you are, and that a lot of people will take advantage of me. God, you were really strong, weren't you? I just have to be as strong as you and then I'll be okay.

"Halmeoni. I missed you. I really missed you. I'm sorry I didn't visit so often before you died. I was too afraid to go to the hospital and saw you being so skinny and weak. I was afraid that I might lose you... I regret that now."

By this time, Jisung was crying. He stopped talking, he just covered his eyes with his hands. Sobs came out of his lips as soon as Jaemin pulled him into a hug. No words were exchanged. It was just them and Mrs. Park's grave.

"I have never met you, Mrs. Park. But I know Jisung cares about you, so much. He didn't even eat his lunch today!" Jaemin mumbled. It was enough to make the younger chuckled a bit.

"Thank you for being with Jisung, for taking care of him, for scolding him before I met him. Now please, rest in peace and let me look after him. I promise I will love him as much, if not more, as you do." Jaemin smiled down at Jisung. "You have a pretty sarcastic grandson, but he's all I want. All I need. I hope you don't mind if Jisung dates me even before he graduates. We're gonna end up together anyway."

"Wow, such a cocky boy. What a way to win my grandma's heart." Jisung, no longer crying, rolled his eyes.

"I haven't been called as the heartthrob for nothing, right?" Jaemin winked and turned to Mrs. Park's grave. "Happy birthday, Ma'am. May you have a rad birthday party up there."

They stayed right there for awhile until the sun started to set. Jisung was the first one to stand up, bidding good bye to his grandma's grave. Jaemin followed, and they headed to Dunkin Donuts where they were supposed to meet the others.

"Thank you. For staying with me." Jisung said when they're on their way.

"It's all good. I'm glad you took me there."

"Why?"

"That means you believe me."

"I believe in you. I have always been."

Jaemin's heart fluttered when he heard this. He silently looked up to the sky and thanked Jisung's grandma for having a really great grandson like him. Jaemin also asked her to wish him luck, so he could ask Jisung out later on.

Sorry for the late update, I've been busy with school since I'm graduating in a few months. But yeah, I really hope you enjoy this one shot. I've been working on Supermarket Flower for a month ㅋㅋㅋ That's how bad my condition is right now. Don't have the time to write T^T

Also, I'm confused because I can't really write on Wattpad here cus it's lagging after the update. The pm is fine, the notification is fine, but when I went to my work, it starts to lag really badly. Idk if any of you have the same problem?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 2.6K 87
A palace of wonder. β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ]99%
62K 2.9K 18
❝i know its just my imagination but he felted so real❞ γƒΌ 2017 eun Β© loverenjun
590 12 16
NCT dream imagines
3.3K 143 28
'Open your eyes.' 'You are my seventh sense.' 'We complete each other.' mark lee of nct superhero au started: 7/18/23 ended: 7/18/23 edited