Indigo {{The Walking Dead Fan...

By TheWillowPine

Eight year old, Indigo, was found abandoned in a car by Rick Grimes, a sheriff searching for his wife and son... More

Cast
Chapter 1: Promise
Chapter 2: Man on the Radio
Chapter 3: Geeks
Chapter 4: Welcome to the Big City
Chapter 5: Sewers
Chapter 7: Mermaid
Update
Chapter 8: Guts
Chapter 9: Cloudburst
Chapter 10: Sports Car
Chapter 11: Camp
Chapter 12: Another Dixon
Chapter 13: Need a Hand
Chapter 14: Fishing and Shovels
Chapter 15: Guillermo
Chapter 16: Fight
Update
Chapter 17: Tension
Chapter 18: The C.D.C.
Chapter 19: Buzzkill
Chapter 20: Hungover
Chapter 21: Leaving with a Boom
Chapter 22: Good Things Don't Last
Chapter 23: Fatal Heart
Chapter 24: Dark Concious
Chapter 25: Blood Letting
Chapter 26: Moving Forward
Chapter 27: Alive Just
Chapter 28: God Hear my Prayer
Chapter 29: Calm in the Fire
Chapter 30: Cherokee Rose
Chapter 31: Hide n' Seek
Update
Chapter 33: A Visit into Town
Chapter 34: Trigger Finger
Chapter 35: Drama
Chapter 36: 18 Miles Out
Chapter 37: Judge, Jury, Executioner
Chapter 38: Class
Chapter 39: Better Angels~
Chapter 40: Beside the Dying Fire
Thankyou for Reading
Any questions? Leave Comments!
2023 UPDATE

Chapter 32: Women and Guns

5.2K 160 36
By TheWillowPine

"Hey." Shane said walking past Indigo who was holding the gun Rick gave to her. It was heavy and it was great having something to defend herself with but at the same time she felt a sense of fear because of it. She hated that she lived in a world where this is what she needed to survive because one day Rick won't be there for her.

"Hey." She replied unimpressed by his presence.

"Ever fire one before?" Shane asked noticing the weapon in her hand.

She shook her head, "No. My parents wouldn't want me to."

"Your parents aren't here." That caused Indigo to look at Shane dead in the eye. She felt like crying right after hearing that, this guy had the nerve. He shifted the rifle he was carrying realising what he had just said, "Why don't you come train tomorrow? If you're serious, I'm a certified instructor."

Indigo slipped the gun in her pouch that Daryl had made for grabbing her bag, "no thanks."

She really did want to go but she wasn't giving Shane the opportunity to win her over. He was hiding something about Otis and she would find out one way or another.

Shane sighed watching the girl walk away. I guess being shot really does have an effect on a person, let alone a kid of her age. He was surprised Hershel hadn't chewed Ricks head off for having a gun around the farm still, let alone an eight year old and what happened with the barn full of walkers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glenn fiddled with his cap thinking back to the store. A simple list had turned into unintended sex with Hershel's daughter and looking for Lori's item which she continued to call 'women hygiene'.

"You know, we still have 11 condoms." Maggie smirked.

"You see 11 condoms, I see 11 minutes of my life I'm never getting back."

"It wasn't that bad, was it?"

"Look, I don't even know if I like you."

"But you're thinking about it."

"You should."

Glenn shook his head at the thoughts of Maggie, he still couldn't believe he did it. He sighed placing on his cap listening to his sneakers crunch in the dirt. He passed Andrea who was being her usual stubborn self, let alone always looking for an argument, no offence to her. That exact moment however Lori caught his attention, he turned towards her quickly, her hand suddenly pushing him away.

"Mind your own business, Glenn." Lori snapped causing a nearby Indigo and Carl to notice their little conversation. Indigo was about to sneak away to see what they were talking about when Carl all of a sudden slapped her hard on the back.

"TaG! yOure it!" He squeaked running away as the girl sprinted after him.

"You're so gonna' geddit!"

"You're pregnant." Glenn whispered, his voice filled with worry. Lori looked around nervously nudging him behind the stable.

Before speaking again she took one last look behind her, "You can't tell anybody, okay?"

"You haven't told him yet?" Glenn said and Lori felt like breaking down right there and then. How could she tell him...especially when Shane had been in the picture before she found out her husband wasn't actually dead.

"No, but Indigo caught me." She whispered, "Can't tell if she knows or not. She might be too young and unsure on what she saw."

Glenn didn't know what to say, "Did you want me to talk to her?"

"God no." Lori replied quickly and Glenn sighed with relief.

"Thank god," he chuckled nervously, "I wouldn't really know how to explain something like this to an eight year old."

"Look just promise me, you won't tell anyone."

"I promise."

----

After speaking with Lori about her situation, Glenn finally made his way to their small set up. Daryl was leaning against the trunk of a tree skinning squirrels for supper. Andrea was over by Shane talking now and she was probably the moodiness person he knew, especially when it came to the whole gun situation and the death of Dale a weeks back. Hershel didn't want guns around at all, the walkers in the bun, little Sophia's death definitely didn't help the situation. Yet Rick gave Indigo a gun and it absolutely pissed Andrea off.

"Daryl, you think Andrea's on her period?" Glenn asked watching the woman move around the farm. Daryl felt himself almost choke on his cereal which was definitely stale but it was better then nothing.

"I'm only asking 'cause it's like all the women are acting really weird." Glenn rambled on, "And I read somewhere that when women spend a lot of time together, their cycles line up and they all get super crazy hormonal at the same time."

"I'm gonna advise ya' to keep that theory to ya' self." Daryl chuckled awkwardly. Merle gave him way too much shit for things to do with women, he sure as hell wasn't going to be talking about it with, Glenn.

"Yeah."

"Who else is acting weird?" Rick smirked joining the conversation. He must have just come back from chopping wood for Hershel by the looks of the axe.

"Maggie."

"Ah, Maggie." Rick said, "What did she do?"

"She started off being mean to me. Then she wanted to have sex with me." Glenn scratched his head turning a bright pink when he saw her pass by, "And now she's being mean to me again." His eyes trailed her as she walked, she was definitely the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Lori happened to pass by avoiding his eye contact making him slump back, "And I don't even want to know what's going on with Lori."

"What's going on with Lori?" Rick leaned forward staring directly at Glenn for an answer. Glenn mentally face palmed  himself, he just had to let his mouth go on overdrive.

He exhaled discreetly trying to act like it wasn't an issue, "Oh, nothing. I don't know."

That was totally discreet, great job.

Rick eyed Glenn but didn't think too much of it. If Lori had a problem, she would come to him, right?

"All right, let's take this back a step." Daryl stated changing the subject, "How do you know that Maggie wanted to have sex with you?"

Glenn giggled like a little girl and rubbed the back of his head embarrassed.

"Oh, son, you didn't." Rick burst out laughing.

"Never call me son again." Glenn cringed but chuckled at the man.

"Did it ever occur to you how her father might feel about this?" Rick said realising that she was Hershel's daughter.

"She's 22."

"And he is our host." Rick replied realising the situation Glenn had put himself in.

"He doesn't know." Glenn told them, "Plus what's the worse that could happen."

"He kicks us off his farm." Daryl stated abruptly.

They went silent for a brief moment before Rick pat Glenn's back, "Well, see that it stays that way."

"Jesus, Glenn, what were you thinking?" Daryl shook his head looking up at him for an answer.

Glenn smirked nervously, "I was thinking that I might be dead tomorrow."

Indigo all of a sudden ran towards the Grimes tent throwing her clothes everywhere. She dug deeper into everyone bags pulling everything out.

"What're yah lookin' for?" Daryl mumbled watching multiple items fly out of the tent.

"Bear." She said, "Bears not in my bag."

"Do you really need that raggy old thing anyway?" Daryl asked and Indigo turned towards him.

"That 'raggy old thing' is what keeps me going, old man."

Rick was amused by the girl's love for a stuffed animal when Andrea suddenly walked over to grab a basket of laundry. The girl stood up walking over to Andrea.

"Next time, accidentally shoot him twice."

"Don't stay stuff like that, Indi." Rick told her when Andrea huffed.

"You got your own gun, do it yah' self."

Andrea walked away and Indigo threw her hands in the air, "what the heck was her problem."

Glenn leaned forward jokingly trying to break the tension punching Daryl.

"Okay but for real, we've all wanted to shoot Daryl." Glenn snorted making Indigo burst out laughing. Daryl rolled his eyes as he sharpened one of his arrows.

----

"Hey, Carl?"

The boy grunted as the both dangled their feet off the branch of a tree fiddling with a piece of leaf each.

"Who's that blonde girl?" Indigo asked watching a girl maybe a little older then Carl tend to the horses a long side Maggie.

"Oh, that's Beth." Carl replied and Indigo looked at him in confusion, "Maggie's little sister." He explained and the small girl scratched her head.

"How the heck? How long she been here for?"

"She lives here, Indi." Carl rolled his eyes smiling, "so the entire time."

"Oh. Well her momma needs to let her out more because I haven't seen her since I woke up."

"Or you just never paid any attention to Maggie's family." Carl stated directly making Indigo turn a bright pink.

"I guess I haven't."

"What was it like being in a coma?" He questioned suddenly making Indi narrow her eyes down a little.

"It was like I was still there but I wasn't." She breathed out, "I could feel the pain still but I couldn't do anything about it, I couldn't move at all. All I could do was...was...be present but not alive,"

"That sounds...lonely." Carl said sadly.

"It was."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.8K 2.8K 47
|Book Two of the 'Forever' trilogy| Sequel to 'Forever Alone // Carl Grimes.' "Your journey will be hard. It will test the limits to your love for th...
1.5K 30 7
Nine-year-old autistic girl, unaware of her diagnosis, discovered by Daryl Dixon while looking for Sophia. Hiding from the dead in a tree, they agree...
97.3K 2.2K 43
Life wasn't as peachy as 11 year old girl (Y/N) Dixon thought it would be. Her life torn apart and changed forever thanks to the living dead. I DON'...
248K 5.4K 47
β€’Book 1β€’ Book 2 will be coming as soon as possible! Alex Grimes (you) always had a Fire in her. She was training to be a cop, Just like her father...