The Babysitter » styles

By socialcasualtea

"I'll just keep chasing the babysitters away, and she knows it." Harry Styles, a twenty-year-old man, still l... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
AUTHOR'S NOTE
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV

XV

17.2K 427 178
By socialcasualtea

“But you'd expect that from me."

When I walked downstairs the next morning, I found Harry slumped at the table, his head in his hands.

“Did someone drink too much?" I teased, grabbing a carton of eggs out of the fridge.

“Shut up," he mumbled. “What even happened last night?"

I shrugged, trying to ignore the disappointment blossoming in the pit of my stomach. “I don't know, I wasn't watching you." I turned on the stove.

He managed a smirk. “But that's your job, isn't it? Watching me?"

I stuck my tongue out at him, cracking the eggs into the pan. “Last time I checked, you hated that I had to watch you, and now you're complaining that I didn't watch you? Get your thoughts straight, boy."

Harry snorted before groaning. “Damn, this hangover is killing me."

“Shouldn't have drank so much," I stated.

Harry glanced over at me. “I like them scrambled," he said, referring to the eggs.

“I never asked what you liked," I retorted. “Besides, who said they're for you?"

“You're not going to cook for a poor, hungover man?" he pouted.

“No."

He didn't answer, just moped to himself. I put the eggs on a plate, grabbing ketchup from the fridge.

“You like ketchup?" Harry asked, a disgusted look on his face.

“I don't see what's so wrong with ketchup," I said, squirting some onto my plate. “It's like putting sugar on your food, except less sweet."

Harry shrugged, watching as I sat down next to him. “Whatever you say," he muttered.

“Is Louis coming over today?" I asked, beginning to eat.

“Someone's eager, aren't they?" he responded, wiggling his eyebrows.

“That's not what I meant!" I exclaimed, slapping Harry. “You look like an idiot when you do that."

“Why do you care if Louis is coming over or not?" he questioned.

“Because he told me he'd give me my clothes back if I went to the party with him," I said, “and last time I saw him, he was passed out on one of the couches you own."

Harry eyed my outfit, which consisted of galaxy tights and a plain white tank top. “I don't see anything wrong with what you're wearing now."

I glared at him. “That's because you're a guy and couldn't care less about clothes."

“Some guys care about clothes," he argued.

“Yeah, but you don't," I shot back.

He laughed. “Touché."

I finished my food, setting my plate in the sink. I grabbed the pan I used to make the eggs and began to wash them.

“Couldn't you use a dishwasher for that?" Harry spoke up.

“Couldn't you use an Aspirin for your hangover?" I mimicked him.

He was silent for a moment, and I nearly laughed, realizing he hadn't known he could take a pill to numb his hangover.

“Maybe I didn't want to," he said in a small voice, but I heard him going through pill bottles.

“Maybe I didn't want to use a dishwasher," I answered, drying the dishes and placing them back in the cupboards I had found them in.

I leaned against the counter, watching Harry as he took the pill. He glanced over at me, raising an eyebrow upon seeing my gaze already on him.

I rolled my eyes. “So, what's your next plan to get me out of here?"

“I can't tell you," he said stubbornly, but I could tell from the way that he was scratching his head that he didn't know.

“Shame," I remarked, rolling my eyes in an exaggerated manner. Harry only scowled. “Oh, by the way, where are my clothes?"

Harry shrugged. “I don't know. Louis was the one who hid them."

I groaned. “And he's extremely hungover, right?"

“It's not that bad of a hangover," he answered. “Usually, he gets over it by afternoon."

I checked the time on the stove. 10:25. “Well, he'd better get over it now." I stood up, the screeching sound of the chair legs on the ground making Harry groan and clutch his head. “Sorry," I apologized before exiting the room, beginning my search for Louis.

I eventually found Louis passed out on one of the many couches. He was lying on his stomach, one of his arms dangling over the side. He looked peaceful, and I almost felt bad that I was going to wake him up.

Almost. He stole my clothes; he deserves it.

I shook his shoulder. “Loooouuuuis," I said, shaking him again.

He groaned, weakly slapping at my hand, but he remained unconscious. I sighed, pursing my lips, thinking of a way I could wake him up.

An idea dawned on me, and I headed to the closest bathroom. I grabbed a cup that was sitting on the counter before turning on the tap, filling up the cup with water. Once it was nearly full, I turned the tap off, before carefully walking back over to Louis. I positioned the cup over his head before pouring the water all over him.

He sat up immediately, eyes wide, spitting water from his mouth. He looked around wildly, and once he spotted me standing there, his eyes narrowed.

“What was that for?" he complained, shaking his head wildly to try and dry it faster.

I shrugged. “You weren't waking up. Could you tell me where my clothes are, pretty please?"

“Oh." Louis stood up, wiping off his face. “They're in Harry's room."

“Alright," I said, turning and heading up the stairs. To be honest, I was a little uncomfortable about going into Harry's room. What if he got mad or something?

Well, I told myself, I'm only here for two more days, so it doesn't matter much. It's not like I'll see him after this.

Once I reached the floor that Harry's room was situated on, I located the room that was his, and carefully opened the door.

His room was about the size of mine, possibly larger. His bed was made and pushed in the corner of the room. His had a dresser in the other corner, with objects on the top. I was tempted to look at them, but I didn't. I was already invading his space by being in his room.

I located the closet, heading over there to look for my clothes. It seemed like the most realistic place for them to be in.

I opened the door, flicking on the lights, before heading in. The front of the closet held only Harry's clothes, but the further I went in, I found articles of my clothing, either on the floor or on the shelves.

Once I collected all of my clothes, I headed back to the front of the closet. I walked out, turned the lights off and closed the door, and upon turning around, I found myself face-to-face with Harry himself.

“You know, if you want to get to know me better, stealing my clothes isn't the way to do so," he commented, eyeing the bundle of clothes in my arms. Thankfully, he didn't sound mad; he seemed more amused by the situation, whereas my face was going red.

“They're not your clothes, they're mine," I said quickly. “Louis said he hid them in here."

“Of course he would," Harry muttered under his breath. “Oh well. At least you have your clothes back."

I nodded, standing awkwardly in front of his closet door until he said, “You can go now."

“Right," I said, exiting his room and hurrying to mine. I put all of my clothes where they belonged, and then changed into a plain shirt and sweats. After that, I flopped onto my bed and opened my laptop, doing random stuff, hoping to waste the day away.

~~

question from @adriana0918: Do you plan on making this story a sappy love story or a complicated story with cliffhangers and such? Ps I think you're super talented and I'm kinda obsessed with this story haha.

my answer: I'm not planning on making it sappy and such but I don't think it'll have a whole lot of cliffhangers and the only thing that's going to be complicated I think is Harry and Clara's relationship oops spoiler alert, plus thank you :) I'm super happy that people like this story

comment with a question pls :)

ugh I have an orientation thing on Thursday for high school and it's four hours and idek what we're going to do but I know it involves socializing and I'm not good at that :s

my question for you guys: who are/is your celebrity crush(es)?

mine are the guys from One Direction and 5 Seconds Of Summer :3

I love you guys a lot, thank you so much for everything

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 73.4K 46
"Are you going to be my new mommy?" CEO and single father of 3, Harry Styles is looking for a live-in nanny. If interested, click here. BOOK #1: CE...
16.6K 212 43
Harry Styles is a 14 year old boy who lives with his mother, his sister Gemma, and his 3 brothers Niall, Liam, and Zayn. Harry is also in ageplay...
13.6K 368 38
Harry Styles is a femine 17 year old boy who is starting over at a new school due to his mother wanting him out of her house. He doesn't show that he...
389K 8K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...