Vincent Territory

By Random_Wordz

Highest rank - #1 in werewolf Alexis isn't the average werewolf. With a case of extreme shyness together with... More

Chapter one | Escape
Chapter two | Meeting him
Chapter three | Cage
Chapter four | Escape again
Chapter five | Caught
Chapter six | Death wish
Chapter seven | Something else
Chapter eight | Well shit
Chapter nine | Deep wounds
Chapter ten | Pain and Payne
Chapter eleven | Girl talk
Chapter twelve | Dream
Chapter thirteen | Talk to me
Chapter fourteen | Lets go
Chapter fifteen | Name it
Chapter sixteen | Knock Out
Chapter seventeen | We need to talk
Chapter eighteen | Coward
Chapter nineteen | Go
Chapter twenty | Whats Mine
Chapter twenty one | Come
Chapter twenty two |
Chapter twenty three | Sister Mine
Chapter twenty four | Bright Ideas
Chapter twenty five | Lesson #1
Chapter twenty six | I'm sorry
Chapter twenty seven | You?
Chapter twenty eight | Naked truth
Chapter twenty nine | No alcohol
Chapter Thirty | Soft?
Chapter Thirty One | Maybe, Maybe not
Chapter Thirty two | Lily
Chapter Thirty three | Gone
Chapter Thirty four | Stay with me
Chapter Thirty Five | Have all the fun
Chapter Thirty Six | Do I Know You?
Chapter Thirty Seven | Kill Me
Chapter Thrity Eight | Don't Run
Chapter Thirty Nine - Teddy Bear?
Chapter Forty | I need help
Chapter Forty One | I want to
Chapter Forty Two | Luchas
Chapter Forty Three | Border
Chapter Forty Four - Heat
Chapter Forty Five | Doing it
Chapter Forty Six | Breakfast
Chapter Forty Seven | Open Up
Chapter Forty Eight | Blade
Chapter Forty Nine | Stiches
Chapter Fifty | Leave
Chapter Fifty One | Fountain
Chapter Fifty Two | Fix
Chapter Fifty Three | Preparation
Epilogue

Prologue

132K 2.8K 1K
By Random_Wordz

"The Vincent's

The great Darius Vincent was one of the first werewolves to exist. He was among the few others that suffered with what was considered a curse by the humans or a genetically twisted body mutation.

 There were five other males accompanying Darius in those times, yet Darius was bigger, stronger and more powerful than the others. 

The humans used the six men in wars since even in human form they were incredibly strong, keeping them as their secret weapons and in return their secret would be kept and their bastard lives spared. However, while the other wolves died in battles with multiple stab wounds, and other serious injuries, Darius endured them all with incredible healing.

Darius realized his strength, and as more of his kind popped up he realized that he was no mistake or deformity, none of them were, and instead of being scorned and ill-treated by humans his kind deserved to be respected. His kind, the one that could turn from man to beast. They demanded respect. They were after all the true superior race.

He then created the border of Afeious and became the king.

The alpha of alphas.

But one in every community of werewolves had the alpha gene in them, it was in their nature, like Darius to rule and with Darius as the ruler of the race the werewolves with the alpha gene couldn't resist to fight for power, for the title that Darius had.

This was the cause of war back then and it is still one of the reasons there is war right now.

But Darius always won against the wolves and at first one would say he felt bad for killing his own kind but eventually, he began to enjoy it.

He turned into a monster and nothing is worst than a monster that has enough strength and power to end you in the blink of an eye.

However in battle one day against a pack he found his mate, Penelope, curled up and crying for a pack that Darius had just almost completely destroyed.

He'd stopped when he saw her.

And at the time no one could believe that a man so monstrous and so cold could be anything else, but something had changed in him when he met her.

She held his other half.

She had what he was missing.

A heart.

But as far as mates went she refused to live with him. She knew just as everyone else knew what he was and what he was capable of.

She stayed in her pack, tending to her injured pack members and brought her pack up from the ground that Darius had intended to put them into.

But despite what he had done, he was her mate and she loved him so she bore him twins.

Payne and Payge Vincent. The boy and girl that they wanted.

Yet as Penelope stayed with her pack so did her children. Darius was furious but he did anything to make Penelope happy and maybe that was his only regret.

Penelope died in her pack when the twins were six. A rogue attack left her rebuilt pack in shreds with the only survivors a pair of six years old hidden away in a treasure vault underground.

No surprise that Darius was reluctant to keep his children, when Penelope died, she'd taken his heart with her. He was nothing without her so all he felt was regret, hurt and anger.

All of which he took out on his children, after all, they took all of their features from their mother. He could barely look at his own daughter.

At the age of eight he began with his son, teaching him how to fight in the only way he knew how and later on he started with his daughter.

He was intent on making them the opposite of their mother, blaming her angelic ways as her reason for death.

She was kind, he made them heartless, she was weak, he made them strong, she was a peacemaker so he made them merciless.

The ways in which he got them to become these things are terrifying.

Penelope bore him babies and he turned them into monsters.

When the boy, Payne was of the natural age of inheritance at the time, eighteen, his father denied him the throne to be king and because Payne could not be King his sister, Payge was then denied the role of his Second.

They were both beaten severely after their declaration for the throne.

But anger threw off the pain they felt because the twins killed their father the next day and took what they rightfully deserved. Their father's head and his throne.

Vincent territory is marked on all local maps, they own the largest lot of land in the entire half and no outside werewolf is allowed to step foot inside their land and if they did trespass, they didn't live to tell the tale. The only people allowed in and out are the ones that have been there since the land was marked as Vincent, they've never taken in an outsider other than if a member of the Vincent pack was mated to an outsider which rarely happened but even that took serious initiation, an average werewolf couldn't survive in there, the mated ones that went in were forever changed and never came back." The teacher stopped in her steps and checked to see if she still had the class's undivided attention. "So tell me guys was that the story that you wanted to hear instead of the quiz on control over your wolf?" The teacher smiled at the classroom filled with children with their jaws on the ground. "I'm toughening you all up, teaching you about the real world out there" she paused, "Come on guys, we don't live in a fairy-tale and what we teach here on control and fighting is not enough. Your parents won't tell you this story but I am letting you know that there are monsters out there. You're all big kids, you can take the truth now."

The teacher smiled, completing the lap around the classroom, holding each eleven or twelve-year old's eye as she went. She knew what she was doing. She was doing what everyone else in this pack was afraid to do, bring light to a werewolf's reality in this world and also because of the fact that Vincent Territory wasn't far from here.

This pack was the closest pack to the territory despite it being a day's journey away in car and probably the same on paws.

The teacher's brows furrowed as she went to the back of the class, if she'd been at her desk at the front of the class she wouldn't have been able to see but now as she walked to the very last seat in the class she saw the little girl with her head on her table. Her long honey blonde hair blocked any sign of a face under there but as she hid behind her hair the girl's entire body shook violently.

"Alexis?" The teacher called and instantly the girl's body froze up and she tried to contain herself but failed miserably.

"Sweetheart come here," the teacher stooped next to the girl, the entire class had turned and was currently staring at the scene.

The little girl rose her head up, her hair parting and revealing the deepest shade of blue eyes the teacher had ever seen, they were filled with tears and some were already falling down her pink face.

"I'm so sorry did I scare you with that story?" the teacher asked, feeling bad, the majority had voted for the story and she found that in these times it would be useful knowledge to the upcoming wolves. 

To provide some form of comfort the teacher embraced the girl.

The girl nodded her head on the teacher's shoulder and slowly, she began to calm down but her tears still stained the teacher's shirt.

The class didn't laugh. Not one of the thirty children in there uttered a word.

Normally at least a snicker would have been heard but she got nothing.

"There's a big bad world out there my girl, one day you'll grow up and have to see it yourself. You're aware of the wars around us, the chaos, you cannot cry dear, but take my story, take the knowledge, be aware. You're young little wolf, for now your not strong or confident to defend yourself. This story wasn't that bad, you're a big girl Alexis," the teacher cooed softly in the girl's ear. "But don't worry, one day you'll grow up, we'll train you, and you'll be exactly who you're meant to be and whatever your flaws, whatever you're missing, you'll meet your mate and he'll have enough in all of those for the both of you." The teacher smiled pulling back a bit to look at her. The girl looked at the teacher with a soft smile and nodded through the sniffles. 

The teacher grinned at her, at how her face flushed by just the mention of a mate and instantly she'd forgotten about the story that made her cry.

 Kids, She thought.

As the teacher walked back to the desk she began to feel an unsettling feeling in her stomach.

For some reason something about that little girl finding her mate made goosebumps rise on her skin. 

She couldn't say it to her but she sensed how soft and fragile this little wolf was, she'd never met someone like Alexis before, everyone had at least a fraction of a backbone. They were all werewolves, this was a tough world they lived in, no wolf like that made it out here.

Sitting back behind her desk the teacher smiled at the class as she silently wished the little girl luck.

________________________________________________________________________________

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THE PROLOGUE. VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.

XOXO Random

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
6M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...
681K 21.3K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...
12.7M 451K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...