Undecided

Από reneegaloree

Fresh out of college, Jeannie Marx is in the dumps. Life after college is not at all how she expected, a job... Περισσότερα

Prolouge
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIIII
XV

I

431 21 20
Από reneegaloree

3 months later.....

"I don't even understand how the fuck my plug talk. Pick him up in a space coupe I don't even let my plug walk."

Saturday night in Trapped was basically rap night. All the rappers who came to buy weed in Colorado would come show love to the club.

Ever since Keon got in control, the club dramatically changed. We had rules now, decor, and actual sales increasing. I was making more than enough money.

Right now, RichtheKid sat in front of me.

"Will that be all? Just two remy bottles, an order of wings and 4 private dances?"

"Nah. I want you."

I wasn't shocked by this revelation. Most of them did request us bottle girls, especially since our wardrobe change.

"I'm flattered. Unfortunately, I'm just a waitress. I'm not really skilled in the dance area."
"I didn't say to dance. I said I wanted you specifically."

Sure, most girls would've jumped at the opportunity. But I wasn't most girls. I was smart. I had witnessed in the last three months, most of our waitresses ended up fucking these rappers, one half getting pregnant and the other ends up clinically depressed because they won't call back. Me and Cinnamon were the only two original girls left.

"Thank you, but I'll pass. Your services will be fulfilled shortly."

With that, I turned and walked away from his section, walking down to the main floor of the club. I went over to the bar where I found Cinnamon drinking a Henny&Coke.

Cinnamon looked over at me, the club lights radiating off of her like it was daytime and it looked like she was glowing.

"What's up, Strawberry?"

In the last three months, I found out that Cinnamon's real name was not Cinnamon. In fact, it was Paige. Cinnamon was a name she used as a cover-up. She told me outside of this club, she wasn't even the same person.

"Nothing. Girl, RichKid or some shit like that just tried to holla. Honey, these motherfuckers are salivating."

She laughed and finished off her drink.

"Girl, I know exactly what you mean. These motherfuckers can't get the time of day from me. I want a boss, like Keon.", she said motioning her head over towards the wall.

Keon stood staring down at me. When our eyes locked, he looked quickly away back at the crowd. Keon sat above the club, in the balcony where the real money was.

"Damnnnnn bitch, bossman wanna taste your strawberry.", Cinnamon whispered clutching my shoulder.

I continued to stare at him. While he talked, he used his hands. I had instantly learned that. In the past three months, Keon never let me struggle. He gave me extra money, he came over and brought me food when I was hungry, he became an ear to listen to. Only I knew that.

"Girl, he probably was just looking at us wondering why we're slacking the fuck off. Come on, let's finish this shift girl."

With the push from me, she got up and pushed the bar chair in and grabbed her tray. She looked back at me with a wink and moved out towards the floor.

But, I wasn't going to the floor. I was headed straight for the balcony. I walked to the back and punched the familiar code in, since me and Keon had been meeting here the past couple of months. Once I got up there, everybody knew who I was. Some suspected we were official while others thought we were just fucking. Ironically, we were doing neither. We had a bond without a title.

The dancers looked at me with hate in their eyes and sucked their teeth. For some reason, when I came Keon didn't want any more dancers. He just wanted to talk.

I approached him and sat down beside him, my hand rubbing his arm. "Hey, you."

A smile spread across his face. "Hey, love. Wassup with this outfit though, you ain't run it by me how you usually do."

"Oh, whatever. I have to run everything by you now?" I said laughing.

"Nah, Nah. You look good though, ma. Real good.", he complimented raising his glass.

Ever since Keon made it clear nothing casual was acceptable, us waitresses had went all out. We pulled out club dresses , lingerie, anything for tips.

"Thank you, bossman. You do as well.", I flirted. He smirked and brought his glass to his lips drinking from it.

"What I really came up here for, is to tell you that I'm going on interview for an editing position at Colorado News."

His face lit up. Keon had been pushing me to branch out and apply for more jobs. I felt discouraged when I learned I was declined, but he taught me it was all apart of the game and that I shouldn't see it as rejection but as a sign from Allah.

"Babygirl, I'm so happy for you!", he exclaimed pulling me in close to him. His arms felt right, strong and protective.

"Thank you. I'm sort of sad. I got close to you and to Cinnamon too. I hope I get the job, but I don't want to lose our friendship.", I confessed putting emphasis on friendship. I used the term loosely with him.

"No, baby girl, no. You won't lose nothing with me. I'm gonna still look out for you and make sure you straight. I ain't no grimy ass nigga, ma. I told you I got you right?"

This made me smile. I didn't want us to to lose what we had. Even though, we had never addressed that elephant in the room. Maybe once he's no longer my boss, I could confess my feelings and see where we go.

"How about this, you get the job we go and celebrate. I take you out to dinner, wine and dine you. If you don't get the job, we'll stay in watch movies on tv, sad, sad movies. Eat some Chinese takeout, cuddle, I'll hold you while you cry.", he said ending the last part with a laugh.

"Oh whatever, see if I cry."

When you wake up, 'fore you brush your teeth you grab a strap nigga, only time you get down on your knees is shooting craps nigga. Fuck what you heard, God blessing all the trap niggas.

I moved off of Keon's lap and looked towards the entrance.

"Who is these niggas?"

I looked at the crowd, squinting. All I saw was a bunch of niggas dressed in all black with black bandannas tied in various locations on their bodies.

"Yo, take shorty to the main floor. I gotta figure out what the fuck is going on here.", Keon ordered pushing me into the arms of some nameless man.

I tried to protest, but my words were ignored. The man grabbed me and walked me down the stairs the back way and pushing me on the main towards the bar. When I got there I saw Cinammon looking scared.

"Hey! You know what's going on?", I asked.

She shook her head no, her curls bouncing.

"I have no idea. This ain't never happened before. Ever. I know these niggas tho. Most of them hang around my apartment building. They ain't never came to no club tho."

"Look, I'm about to go, Paige. I'll see you later. I don't know what the fuck is going on but I don't wanna stay around to figure out. My shift's over anyway. See you, girl."

"Nah, baby. I'm right behind you. I know these niggas can get pretty rowdy."

We both went back to the locker room to gather our things and started towards the parking lot. Thankful, that my car was fully fixed now and had no problems, I sped out of the parking lot not even looking back.

Shortly after, I arrived at my apartment and texted Cinnamon to let her know I made it safely and to check where she was.

I had an incoming call from my bestfriend.

"Hey, girl are you okay?"
"Yes, just making it in. Why?"
"I was just calling to make sure. It's all over Facebook. I heard the GD's stormed Trapped tonight. Turns out your new boss had some dealings in the wrong field before. I guess they're making their presence known."

I was surprised at this bit of information. In the short three months, I had learned Keon was from East Harlem and that he wasn't a stranger to violence and to the hood lifestyle. He didn't mention anything about him doing business in that shit. Scolding myself, I didn't want to jump to conclusions just yet.

"Hey, Annie. You there?"
"Yeah girl, just tired. But I'm fine. Thanks for checking. I'm going to go and say goodnight."
"Okay, goodnight. I love you."
"Goodnight. Love you too. Kiss the babies for me."

I hung up the phone on her and walked the steps to my apartment on the third floor. After keying my way in, I decided to call Keon but got no answer.

I put my phone down for a few minutes and went to take my shower as SZA's Broken Clocks played from my shower playlist.
~
After my shower, while sitting on the couch watching Grown-ish I heard two swift knocks. Ever since me and Lucas broke up, nobody ever came to visit. I had no family in this area, since my parents had moved to London, so I knew it wasn't them. I walked to the door, cautiously.

"Who is it?"
"It's me, Jeannie."

What the fuck was Lucas doing at my door at 2 in the morning? I reluctantly opened my door.

"What do you want?"
"Damn, not gone let me in?"

I stepped to the side so he could come in. I examined his attire.

"Why do you have that tied around your head?"
"Who are you to ask me questions?", he said slyly.
"You can get the fuck out."
He held his hands up in defense. "Woah, since when you start doing allat? I just came to check on you but you left the club. Wanted to give you and your boyfriend a visit."

So that was what this was about. He had been apart of the gang entourage who had stormed Trapped tonight. Lucas held his phone up to my face and a picture of me and Keon was on it.

"That's not my boyfriend. Whoever your source is, doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. Also, you have nothing to do with what I have going on and why would you do that tonight? What point were you proving? You don't even know Keon.", I ranted.

"Seems like you don't know Keon. Your boyfriend isn't the nice guy he proclaims to be. I was making sure you were alright. I'm not for all this hostility. I was just checking on you and peeping the scene.", he said heading towards the door.

"He's not my boyfriend. You don't have to check on me. I'm good."

He laughed and opened the door. Turning around, he placed a single kiss on my forehead, tracing my jawline with this finger.

And then he was gone. I gulped and forced my tears back and perked up at the ding from my phone.

Keon♥️- Will call u tmmrw. Too tired. Don't be up too late. Don't worry. I'm safe.

I so badly wanted to call him but for now his text resonated with me. I shook my head as if to shake away the memory of Lucas and Keon and climbed into my bed. Setting my pillows up, how I wanted to and laid my head back. Another ding sounded from my phone.

Keon♥️- Scratch that. Call babygirl.

My face lit up and laughed as Boo'd up started to play.

Ooooooh, no I'll never get over you until I find something new.

{}
Thoughts ?
Keon & Jeannie ?
Lucas ?
Let me know😌

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Gangsta Love Από MaryBennaugh

Γενικό Φαντασίας

5.8K 188 46
After losing her mother when she was just a year old, life for Stacy and her father hasn't been the same. And to make matters worse, now the streets...
Staying Undercover Από Juhi H.Gherwada

Μυστήριο / Τρόμου/ Θρίλερ

670 115 21
*[Completed]* STACEY- A girl who has recently shifted to a place where her family has already lived for over 2 year while she stayed with her aunt i...
203 6 8
Kaya moves to New York to live with her older brother Jackson. She needed to get out of that small town and turn over a new leaf in her life. She n...
542K 34.6K 41
After years of observation in the shadows, Judah, a notorious and well respected drug trafficker, becomes obsessed with a basketball lover, Kianna-af...