Glee: To the Next Level (the...

arias3

With all of its original members gone, the glee club must struggle to survive at McKinley High School. Having... Еще

To The Next Level [Glee FanFic #2]
Chapter 1: Excited
Chapter 2: Trio
Chapter 3: Britney x3
Chapter 4: Rite of Passage
Chapter 5: Payback's a Bree
Chapter 6: Hot N' Cold
Chapter 7: Awkward
Chapter 8: Complicated
Chapter 9: Over
Not a Chapter-- QUESTION TIME ^_^
Chapter 10: Legacy
Chapter 11: Adams-Wilde vs Hart-Brown
Chapter 12: Misunderstandings
Chapter 13: The End of the Beginning
Chapter 14: The Fall Musical
Chapter 15: War for a Role
Chapter 16: Resurface
Chapter 17: Never Set Me Free
Chapter 18: Halloween Bash
Chapter 19: Burning Up
Chapter 20: Hairspray
Chapter 21: Friend or Foe
Chapter 22: Revelations
Chapter 23: Duets and Vulnerabilities
Chapter 24: Birthday
Chapter 25: Replacement
Chapter 26: Competition
Chapter 27: Generosity
Chapter 28: Feliz Navidad and a Happy New Year
Chapter 29: Eye of the Tiger
Chapter 30: The Creative Process
Chapter 31: Film Do-It's
Chapter 32: Guilty Pleasures
Chapter 33: New Information
Chapter 34: Right Where You Want Me
Chapter 35: Before You Go
Chapter 36: King of Laziness
Chapter 37: That 70s Show
Chapter 38: Decades Dance
Chapter 39: The Next Forty Minutes
Chapter 40: Valentine Grams
Chapter 41: A Time for Love
Chapter 42: Addicted to Love
Chapter 43: Project Popularity
Chapter 44: The Girls' Demands
Chapter 45: One End and Two Beginnings
Chapter 46: Sorting Hat
Chapter 47: One Week
Chapter 48: The Girlfriend
Chapter 49: The Show
Chapter 50: Finale
Chapter 51: New Girl
Chapter 52: Cheerleaders and Angels
Chapter 53: Regionals
Chapter 54: Denial
Chapter 55: Anger
Chapter 56: Fed Up
Chapter 57: Bargaining
Chapter 58: Back to the Beginning
Chapter 59: Poor Unfortunate Souls
Chapter 60: Boys Will Be Boys
Chapter 61: The Full Killing Machine
Chapter 62: Picnic
Chapter 63: Looking For Salvation
Chapter 64: Wonderland
Chapter 65: Downward
Chapter 66: Getting Involved
Chapter 67: Depression
Chapter 68: Change
Chapter 69: Before Prom
Chapter 70: Prom
Chapter 71: After Prom
Chapter 72: The Drinking Game
Chapter 73: No Habla Español
Not a Chapter-- READERS' CHOICE ^_^
Chapter 74: The Super Secret of the Super Devious Super Girl
Chapter 75: Know Your Enemy
Chapter 77: The Only Way is Up
Chapter 78: Crazy
Chapter 79: Harlie
Chapter 80: Late Night Bonding
Chapter 81: Athens of the South
Chapter 82: Fly Away
Chapter 83: Superlatives
Chapter 84: One, Two, Three
Chapter 85: Graduation
Character Contest

Chapter 76: Whatever Comes Next

2.1K 58 18
arias3

"Will you sing with me?" Marley asked as the music began. Julie didn't have a chance to answer. 

["Catch Me" by Demi Lovato.]

Marley: Before I fall too fast... Kiss me quick but make it last. So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye...

Julie rolled her eyes as Marley pulled her up to the floor.

Julie: Keep it sweet, keep it slow. Let the future pass and don't let go. But tonight I could fall too soon into this beautiful moonlight...

Marley put an arm around her friend and squeezed one of her shoulders. Although she was much taller than Julie, standing next to her she felt so small and she didn't mind.

Marley: But you're so hypnotizing.

Both: You've got me laughing while I sing. You've got me smiling in my sleep.

Julie: And I can see this unraveling

Both: Your love is where I'm falling. But please don't catch me...

Julie felt herself smile as she and Marley separated and put some space in between them, facing the others. There was something about singing with Marley that made things seem more wholesome and pure. Maybe it was the fact that Marley was one of the few wholesome and pure people she knew.

Marley: See this heart won't settle down... Like a child running scared from a clown.

Julie: I'm terrified of what you do. My stomach screams just when I look at you.

Marley winced when her eyes lingered on Jake for a moment. A split second and she already knew that he was looking at Julie, not her. Although she didn't feel herself as madly in love with him as she once was, it was still a bit of a slap in the face to see him watch another girl in the way he used to look at her.

Julie: Run far away so I can breathe. Even though you're far from suffocating me. I can't set my hopes too high 'cause every "Hello" ends with a "Goodbye"

As they repeated the chorus, Julie looked around at her friends and noticed how peaceful everything was without the other Cheerios in the room. There was still Harmony, but even she seemed less evil without two thirds of Satan's trident looming around.

Julie: So now you see why I'm scared. I can't open up my heart without a care

Marley: But here I go, It's what I feel

Both: And for the first time in my life I know it's real

They sang the chorus one more time and grinned as their peers gave them positive feedback. Will smiled; he knew this song wasn't strong enough for Sectionals but he liked the atmosphere it gave the room. 

Julie: If this is love please don't break me

Both: I'm giving up so just catch me

Marley was pleasantly surprised when the song ended and Julie hugged her. They had hugged before but it was typically in moments when one or the other was deeply depressed. This was the first time they were both truly happy together.

***

"That was awesome!" John chimed in beside Marley as they left the choir room later that day. "You and Julie sound amazing together."

"Thanks!" she grinned from cheek to cheek. "Thank you for telling me that was her favorite song! I think she really enjoyed it."

"Great," John sighed. "Because we know it's bad when Julie gets involved in the Cheerio wars."

"I don't think they realize how aware we are of their fights," Marley shook her head. "I wish they'd just think of the team more... Then again, I'm not really one to talk."

"Marley, come on," he responded. "Nobody cares about the team more than you do so don't go beating yourself up. I have to go now but I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Umm yeah," she nodded, forcing a smile. "Later, John." 

***

"Ok, what do we need to do?" Carrie asked as she paced the floors of the girls' locker room.

"Take Julie down..." a disinterested group of Cheerios mumbled back.

Carrie frowned. "I'm sorry, what was that?" she said.

"Take Julie down," they said with a bit more force.

"Exactly," Carrie said as the door opened. The girls scrambled from their meeting place as Bree walked in.

"Calm down," she said, joining them. "It's just me."

"I'm surprised you made it," Carrie said, folding her arms. "I thought you might've gone soft and told your friend what we were up to."

Bree kept her facial expression callous and said, "She's not exactly a friend."

"That's good to hear," said Carrie, her hands now placed on her hips. "I know I can't trust Kitty Wilde to keep her loyalties where they should be but... You're a lot smarter than that, aren't you?"

Bree nodded, making a face at her and then turning to the other girls with her chin held high. "So what are we going to do first?" she asked.

"Oh it'll only take one move," Carrie said. "You do one thing... And leave the rest to us."

***

The following day at lunchtime, Dan asked Amity to meet him in the choir room. When she arrived, he said, "Took you long enough," a grin on his face.

"Class ended like forty seconds ago," she noted.

He chuckled. "Yeah, well, you should run a little faster next time," he joked. 

She smiled as she asked, "Well, what did you want me here for?"

"To do what we always do here," Dan shrugged. "Sing."

Once again, she grinned as he led her to their seats, where his guitar was already waiting. "So what will we be singing today for our empty room?" she asked with a laugh.

"This isn't for the glee club," he said as he rested the guitar on his lap. "This is for us. I'm not really a Lovato fan, I definitely have no idea what Bree's song was about and obviously I'm not a punk rock guy like your boyfriend but... I have my own idea of something that matters to me in glee club. And that's you and our friendship."

Amity felt all sorts of warmth at the sound of that, while Dan began to strum. She smiled as he began.

["Count on Me" by Bruno Mars.]

Dan: Oh uh-huh... If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea. I'll sail the world... to find you... If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see. I'll be the light to guide you.

She took a deep breath, glancing briefly at the open door, and joined him.

Both: Find out what we're made of when we are called to help our friends in need...

Dan: You can count on me like 1, 2, 3. I'll be there... And I know when I need it. I can count on you like 4, 3, 2. You'll be there... 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah... Ooooooh, oooohhh yeah, yeah...

Just as he was finishing the chorus, Alex, Harmony, Sugar and Shana had appeared at the door, stopping outside so that they wouldn't interrupt.

Amity: If you're tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep... I'll sing a song... beside you...

Dan: And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me... every day... I will remind you... Oooh...

Both: Find out what we're made of when we are called to help our friends in need...

Amity wasn't too sure what, but something about Dan singing like that that helped her relax. It wasn't like the others-- replete with sexuality and angst. This was just a boy with all the best of intentions doing something completely wholesome. And as they sang the chorus together, she decided that the singer she admired most wasn't a celebrity or Mercedes Jones or Marley or Julie. It was Dan.

Dan: You'll always have my shoulder when you cry

Amity: I'll never let go, never say goodbye

Dan: You know...

When they finished the song, Harmony turned around and decided not to go into the room, instead heading back towards the cafeteria for her lunch. Alex stuck around, but only to grab a few things and lead the others out of the room. Amity tried greeting them, but Alex had led them out the door before she could talk to any of them. She turned to Dan once they were alone again and gave him a concerned look. She had made up with him... but what about Alex?

***

"Hey man..." Ryder greeted John after school as they walked towards the parking lot together. "So I have a question and it's kind of personal..."

"I didn't see any part of your girlfriend I shouldn't have seen," John said automatically. "I swear."

Ryder's face became hot as he shook his head and said, "That's not what it was about..." 

"Oh," John said, completely unembarrassed. "Then what's up?"

"Do you, uh, do you and Marley--" Ryder began.

John scratched his neck and automatically said, "No. We're just friends."

"Oh," Ryder said quickly. "Ok... Great. Umm, so I was wondering if you'd like to join me for a number then. I wanted to make sure you weren't, like, romantically involved or anything in case this could stirr up trouble."

"What..." John mumbled sarcastically. "A musical number starting drama...?"

Ryder smiled and asked, "So are you in?"

"It depends on the song," said John. "I'd really rather not hear any more Green Day."

"We'll leave that to the others," Ryder nodded. "But I was thinking of something a little more old school."

***

"Can I just say that I, like, love that bow you're wearing?" Jordan asked Julie as she joined her in the hallway the next morning. "It's totes fantabulous."

"Right..." said Julie, nodding briefly at her. She wore that bow on her hair almost every Wednesday so it was strange to be complimented for it now-- Jordan must want something.

"So I was thinking..." Jordan began. 

There it is... Julie thought as she let out a light breath and braced herself for whatever ridiculous thing was coming.

Jordan didn't seem to notice her sigh because she continued, "I would, like, totally hate it if any of the other girls for whatever reason took charge of the Cheerios because they're all so mean... So I'm going to help you."

Julie turned to her now, a bit intrigued. "Go on..." she mumbled.

"The other girls are planning something against you," Jordan said bluntly. "Not all of them, but a big group of them. They met up and everything."

"Who?" Julie asked as she stopped walking and looked at her.

"I don't really know," Jordan shrugged apologetically. "But I'm sure I can find names for you."

"Please do," Julie nodded briefly before walking away with this, among many other things, running through her head.

***

"So are you going to today's optional lunch meetup?" John asked Marley as he walked her to class.

"I don't know..." Marley wavered. "I mean on the one hand it's glee club... On the other it's optional and during lunch..." She put up two hands, as though literally weighing her options on a balance.

"Then let me add some weight to that hand," he said, pointing at the hand she'd signaled for the glee club. "You'll get a premier opportunity to see a non-Oscar nominated, non-famous, non-professional singer."

She laughed. "Wow!" she joked. "That already sounds so exciting!"

"Oh it will be anything but," he grinned.

"Even better," she said, throwing her arms up for a brief moment. "So who is it, Jake or something?" John made a face and she giggled. "I'm kidding," she added, still laughing. "If you are a guaranteed performer then sure, I'll be there."

"Perfect," he said, smiling as she waved goodbye and walked into her classroom.

***

"What do you think she wanted?" Ryder asked Julie as they walked to the choir room together during lunch and she told him about her encounter with Jordan, who happened to have crushed on Ryder ever since he transferred.

"Probably loyalty or something," Julie shrugged. "I'm guessing she's not too sure whoever wants to take me down will succeed so she's getting insurance that she'll be on my good side when it all falls apart."

"Should I be worried?" he asked, his brow creased.

She shrugged. "I mean, there's only so much they can do," she said as they walked through the choir room. "I kind of have a lot of authority thanks to Sue. It can't be too bad-- I mean, they aren't exactly a brilliant group of girls. So I'm sure I'm equipped to handle whatever comes next."

"Well, in that case," Ryder smiled, grabbing one of her hands. "I want you to know how much you, your happiness, and your safety mean to me." He led her to a chair, where she watched with amused apprehension as he and John fronted the group that had showed up-- everyone except Bree, Kitty, Alex, Harmony, Rory and Unique.

"This is a love song," John told everyone, "but it's about all kinds of love. Obviously Julie is my best friend, but I think I've got some sort of friendship with everyone in here. So this is for everyone." Marley forced a smile as she noticed he appeared to be making extra effort to emphasize that he wasn't interested in anything romantic with anybody.

"And I care about all of you," Ryder added, "but unlike my buddy John here, I'm singing about my love... for my girlfriend. Julie, I hope this gets me some brownie points so that you won't forget about me when you're rich and famous. I think we can all agree you're sort of Miss Congeniality of the school and so I want you to know how much you mean. This song is an old treasure and it's eternal, just like its message and just like my love for you."

"Aww," Sugar and Shana said together, looking at each other as though they were cooing over a newborn puppy. Marley put a hand on Julie's shoulder encouragingly as the latter blushed and kept her eyes on Ryder, waiting to see what this was all about. Jake exhaled softly, ready to bear whatever sappy moment those two were about to have. John started to strum his guitar and the boys shook away their nerves as Ryder began.

["Can't Help Fallin' in Love" by Elvis.]

Ryder: Wise men say... only fools rush in... Oh but I... can't... help... falling in love... with you...

John: Shall I stay..? Would it be a sin... oh, if I... can't help... falling in love... with you..?

Both: Like a river flows surely to the sea... Darling so it goes... some things are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too... for I can't help falling in love with you... for I can't help falling in love with you...

Julie turned briefly to look at Marley, but in the process crossed gazes with Jake, which it's safe to say was sufficiently awkward. She turned back to Ryder quickly but it was too late-- the perfect moment of her boyfriend and her best friend singing one of her favorite songs was ruined now that she was thinking of a different guy.

Ryder: Like a river flows surely to the sea... Darling so it goes... some things are meant to be.

John: Take my hand, take my whole life too... for I can't help...

Both: ...falling in love with you... for I can't help falling in love with you...

The group clapped as the song ended. Julie smiled to Ryder as he joined her, while Marley received John with a quick high-five. They used the next few minutes to brainstorm Nationals songs before heading to enjoy the remainder of their lunchtime with the rest of the school.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Glee HazzaStyles2021

Фанфик

2.9K 19 38
Based on Season Two... What happens when Rachel's sister Ashleigh Berry tries out for Glee Club, but will they accept her? Rachel's jealousy gets in...
95.5K 2.6K 124
Going into high school seemed exciting at first, until it all came down to fitting in, where one Caroline Hudson thought if she joined cheerleading l...
219K 3.2K 42
Sofia Lopez is one of the newest New Directions members who is Santana's sister. It's a new year at William McKinley High School and It's her dream t...
103K 1.5K 54
(In the last chapter is the account of where the continuous of the book is at!) Peyton Darts. Is a angry fighter girl but her best is taking photos...