f r i e n d s || mark lee

By XXX_000

friends just sleep in another bed
And friends don't treat me like you do More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
update.
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
BLM

t w e n t y f i v e

7.7K 268 372
By XXX_000

A few months later

Today was the day of my last final as a sophomore in college. I was beyond excited to just get this school year over with, and now that it's summer I get to go visit my family in Canada!

I've been studying my ass off for weeks for my calculus final, and if I fail I might actually lock myself in my dorm and cry all summer.

Jeno has been helping me since he's really good with math which I'm so thankful for.

-

As I took my test, I felt pretty confident in my abilities. But whenever I feel that confident I usually fail, sooooo who knows what'll happen.

I headed back to my dorm and began packing up my clothes, leaving out some clothes for the going away party that Johnny is throwing tonight.

My phone vibrated on my bed, and I hurriedly jumped up to see if it was Mark. Sadly it was just Jaemin,

Nana:
Can you do me a favor?

Me:
Uh I would prefer not to 🧐

Nana:
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee lala

Nana:
I'll buy you food

Me:
Now you have my attention 🤔

Nana:
Can you help me dye my hair?

Nana:
Jeno is going to be taking his last final so I don't think he could help me

Me:
Sure, what color are you doing?

Nana:
Pink 🙂

Me:
The peppa pig jumped out!

Nana:

Nana:
I-

Nana:
Just hurry up

-

I tried calling Mark as I walked over to Jaemin's apartment. Sadly he didn't answer, so I stuffed my phone into my back pocket.

When I knocked on the door, I heard a yell from inside the apartment

"Come in!!!" I furrowed my eyebrows
and walked in skeptically.

Jaemin was cutting up fruit while he had at least ten different fans in his living room.

God you gotta love New York in the summer.

"Uhhh what's up?" I said with a slight chuckle in my tone as Jaemin nodded at me.

"I was hoping that you were the tenant for this building, our AC broke a few days ago. I've kinda been surviving" he laughed.

I sat on the couch and a wave of memories washed over me, causing me to reminisce on spending so many afternoons here with Haechan and Mark along with some other friends watching movies and playing board games.

Jaemin broke me out of my thoughts as he asked a sudden question, "do you want some fruit?"

"Sure!"

We sat in the kitchen and ate our fruit quietly, the awkward silence between us grew more comfortable considering the fact that it's been like this between us for awhile,

"How's Mark?"

"He's good! We talked last night, he's been hosting a lot and in the recording studio so his time is pretty limited"

Jaemin nodded his head,
"Has missing him gotten any easier?"

I paused, "No. I don't think it ever will to be honest. Now that it's summer I have to find a way to keep myself busy when I go back to Canada"

"Are you going to the party tonight?"

I thought for a minute before giving my answer,
"I think so but I'm not too sure. I still have a lot of packing to do-"

"Dude you have to! It's the kick off to the summer!"

"I'll consider it while we do your hair," I laughed while grabbing the several boxes of hair dye Jaemin bought.

It felt good repairing our friendship. And ultimately the awkwardness between us began to vanish completely. Jeno came in and we all ate more fruit while Jaemin sat with the hair dye soaking into his hair.

I got a phone call from Mark and I answered immediately, walking into Haechan's old room in order to have some privacy.

"Hey babe! Are you okay?"

Mark took a deep sigh, "I'm okay just really tired, who knew recording would be so tiring haha"

I smiled as he spoke, enjoying every second of his voice. "Is it a song you wrote?"

"Yea it was the first song I played for-
What is that in the background?"

"Oh it's just Jaemin and Jeno, I'm at their apartment"

"Why?" Mark spat, I couldn't tell if it was out of jealousy or just exhaustion so I stayed calm.

"Well Jaemin asked if I could help him dye his hair because Jeno was busy taking his final. Jeno's girlfriend is on her way right-"

"I gotta go" Mark cut me off flatly.

He's never like this, even when he is upset with me. I don't understand considering the fact that we're all friends and Mark knows that I struggle with making female friends.

"What's wrong?-"

"Nothing Melanie. Have fun. I'm busy"

And with that he hung up.

We stan a uncommunicative man!

I was pissed but I headed back out the living room to be met by Jaemin, Jeno and his girlfriend, Hallie.

"Who was that?" Jeno asked curiously

"Just Mark, come on Jaemin let's wash the dye out of your hair"

We washed Jaemin's hair out by leaning him over the tub. After several intentional splashes to the face, I was able to wash out all of the dye and moved onto blow drying.

I think I did a pretty damn good job.

"I love it!! Thank you lala!" Jaemin squealed as he squeezed me into a hug

"No problem nana, I guess I'll head back to my dorm to start getting ready for the party-"

"YAY! WOOHOO!!" They all shouted in unison, until
Hallie chimes in, "I can help you pick out an outfit
if you'd like?"

"Sure!" I said excitedly, probably sounding desperate.

But this it! This my chance to finally make a new friend. Hallie is in my cinematography class, she's really pretty and seems sweet. She's been with Jeno for a little while and he seems to really like her so I trust his judgment.

-

Hallie and I bonded easily, it's really surprising that we never talked to each other beforehand.

"You're such a sweetheart! I'm glad Jeno introduced us!" I said genuinely

"Me too! I usually struggle with making friends due to being shy. Being with Jeno brings me out of my comfort zone"

We continued to talk as I got dressed. I decided on a tight skirt and tank top, this material was pretty thin that way I wouldn't die from being too hot at the party.

After taking a picture I sent it to Mark and grabbed my bag so we could head out.

sent 6:37pm

read 6:39pm

-

Summer in New York is something else. And although I'm heading back home tomorrow, a part of me does wish to stay here and enjoy everything that the city has to offer during this short season.

From fruit stands on every corner, tourists causing for major congestion, music blaring from portable speakers and just the summer heat beaming down on 42nd Street.

Nothing beats it.

We hopped on the train and head over to Johnny's apartment, letting Jeno and Jaemin know that we'll meet them there.

I check my phone to see if Mark has replied, but he hasn't.

Even though he read it soon after I sent it.

"Any response?" Hallie asks very bubbly,

"No but he read it" I said sounding pretty defeated

"Don't worry about it! He's probably just busy, he knows that you're hotttttttt"

I begin to laugh at her exaggeration.

We finally arrived at Johnny's apartment. Although it was only 9, the apartment was packed with people. In all honesty I don't even know most of the people here.

Some way some how I got separated from Hallie so I just wandered around until I found an empty room. I sat down on the bed and tried calling Mark, but this time it went straight to voicemail.

Me:
what's wrong?

Read 9:14

Um?
If he's upset I rather just talk it out than have him stay mad at me from across the world!

I was pissed. BEYOND pissed. I headed back out to the party and began to drink like there's no such thing as being drunk.

I drank with Kun and Jungwoo because they're my favorite soft spoken people ever. Plus seeing them drunk is hilarious. We danced and sang karaoke to "I Need U" by BTS, which was honestly iconic.

Hours rolled by and more shots were consumed than I could remember. I went into the kitchen and prepared myself another drink until I felt a squeeze on my waist from a pair of big hands.

I turned around with disgust written all over my face, prepared to curse out whoever this was. It was just Lucas,

"MELANIEEEEEE"

He was wasted like worst then me, Jungwoo, and Kun combined. Although I was pretty far gone myself I tried to ease myself from his grasp. This attempt was useless because he proceeded to rest his hands on the countertop behind me, leaving our bodies pressed together.

"Lucas move, I'm uncomfortable"

"I miss you baby" he whispered as
he leaned into my ear

His breath caused my skin to crawl with disgust, I sobered up quickly as I began to push him away,

"Lucas move!"

With one solid push, Lucas began to fumble back in shock. He seemed surprised by my strength, but surprise bitch I lift.

"Baby stop" he purred as he grabbed me
harshly, wrapping his arms around my waist

"I know you still think about me, about us.
What we could've been, what we could've done. What our sex would've felt like, I know I would treat your body right.

I could fuck you right now-"

"GET OFF OF ME" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but it was useless. The music was so loud I could barely hear my own thoughts, let alone garner anyone's attention that way they could help.

"Lucas you're drunk!"

"And you're sexy"

I felt myself start to cry out of frustration, the more I tried to fight his grasp the tighter it became.

He began to kiss my jaw and neck. I couldn't even lift my knee to try to hitch him because he pressed my back into the counter. The room felt hot and congested, making me light headed.

I tried pinching him, pushing him, even stepping on his foot but nothing worked. I looked around the room for familiar faces, and at this point just a spare pair of eyes that would notice the pain that I was in.

Suddenly someone came and pulled him off of me. I continued to cry as Hallie came to hug me and guide me away from the horrid scene. I peaked over my shoulder to see Jaemin cursing Lucas out as he grabbed him by his shirt.

She brought me to the bathroom and began to roll enough toilet paper around her hand to wipe away my tears,

"Where did all of that come from??" Hallie asked,

"I don't know, I knew Lucas can get a little wild when he's drunk but I've never seen him like this. It was scary"

Hallie tried to fix my sweat ridden hair as she brought me into a hug. Suddenly there were several bangs at the door,

"WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT OH MY 'LANTA" Hallie yelled causing me to smile

It was just Jungwoo and Kun, "We wanted
to see if Melanie is okay, we saw Jaemin screaming at Lucas" Kun said with a concerned voice.

I headed out of the bathroom because it was senseless to try to stay there any longer. I stayed with the three of them for the rest of the time being until Jeno and Jaemin came over to us.

"We're leaving" Jaemin said sternly, seeming more angry than all of us combined.

-

As we all packed ourselves into a Uber, I tried calling Mark again. And again. And again. And again. Just to get sent to voicemail everytime.

I called Haechan and surprisingly he answered,

"MELANIE WHAT'S GOOD! I miss you fugly"

"Hey, are you busy?" I asked timidly,

"No we have today off, I'm in my dorm playing
video games. I think Mark is watching TV."

I felt my stomach churned with anger. So Mark has been purposely ignoring me? But for what? If it was because I was hanging out with Jaemin and Jeno, why wouldn't he just talk to me about it??? This wasn't like him. At all.

Granted it's been a few months since he's been gone, but did his trust in me vanish that quickly? I felt myself crying as Haechan's voice snapped me out of my thoughts,

"Mel what's wrong? Why are you crying? Do you want me to get Mark?"

"Don't!" I said with desperation laced into my voice.

"Then you have to talk to me, what happened Melanie?!" Haechan demanded

I explained everything that happened, Jaemin sat next to me in the very back of the cab. He rubbed my shoulder as I tried to mutter the story out to Haechan,

"THAT FUCKBOY! Are you kidding me??? Why won't he just leave you alone? I'm so pissed right now, next time I see him I swear I'm going to stick my foot so far up his ass-"

I began to laugh at Haechan's passion, God I miss my best friend.

"Are you sure you don't want me to talk to Mark?"

"I'm sure, when he's ready to talk to me he will. Too bad he's not going to like what I'll have to say"

______________________________

Y'all I love Lucas I swear lol
Do you guys like me incorporating more pictures in the chapters? Regardless I hope you guys enjoyed ♥️

Like Comment and Subscribe, don't forget to tap that bell for notifications everytime I post :)

LMAO I'm going to bed now pls excuse me pretending to be a YouTuber

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 41.7K 53
[ENDING CHANGED/UPDATED] "You're the only girl who doesn't fall to my feet and it's driving me crazy." NCT Mark AU Mark x Reader
65 10 4
❝even if it kills me, i'll never stop loving him.❞ [inspired by @hestiafan's book "rejection"]
457K 19.6K 30
❝ i thought we were friends? ❞ ❝ me too, until you kissed me. ❞ ━ or where mark and donghyuck become ro...
51.1K 1.7K 44
- maybe you and i aren't meant for each other. » an nct jaemin fanfiction » date started: 2020-04-20 » date ended: 2021-01-09