Isabella (Newsies)

By newsies_fan123

(Despise this book so much. I hate it. Kinda makes sense but if give it read if ya want 😂- me writing from... More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Shorty McShort
Chapter 3: Not My Fault
Chapter 4: Rivalry
Chapter 5: Favourite Colour?
Chpater 6: Robber
Chapter 7: My Newsie
Chapter 8: Emotional Night
Chapter 9: Poker
Chpater 10: Confused
Chpater 11: Oliver
Chapter 12: Friends?
Chpater 13: Flirtatious
Chapter 14: Pulse
Chapter 15: Is this the alcohol talking?
Chpater 17: Date
Chapter 18: Favourite Redhead
Chapter 19: Friendships
Chpater 20: Picture
Chapter 21:1896
Chapter 22: We Warned You
Chapter 23: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 24:You Can Count On Us
Chapter 25: Things Change
Chapter 26:A Kiss In The Park
Chapter 27: You never know what's up my sleeve
Chapter 28: Caught At Last
Chapter 29:When Spot Conlon Cried
Chapter 30: Bracelet
BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter 16: Reactions

108 8 13
By newsies_fan123

"So why do you go to Manhattan?"

It was the morning after, we just fell asleep on the couch. I woke up first, it was quite funny seeing him sound asleep. I fixed his hair and him waking up was even funnier.

"Don't touch the hair"

Though now we were both fully awake, despite how early it was. We both chatted about last night, until I brought up about him not explaining his story.

"I told you mine"

Spot had a good thought through about this. I could tell he didn't want to say straight away so I just added "Hey, you don't need ta tell me straight away"

"Thanks, the only person that actually knows is Heights. I haven't told anyone else. It might take time"

"Take all the time you need"

--2 weeks later--

A couple weeks past and I guess me and Spot became a thing. We didn't really say it but it was something  we both knew, especially after the kiss.

"I don't know. Like what will everyone be like?" I explained placing the plates away "Like we weren't the best of friends at the start"

"You're worrying to much" Spot ate some food, I the playfully nudged him to stop eating it. "What? I was hungry"

"Go, before people wonder where king of Brooklyn went" I laughed as he made a stupid face at my comment.

"Can I have a kiss first?"

I rolled my eyes leaning forward to peck him on the lips. See I think we're getting better at this couple thing.

*cough* *cough*

Oh Shoot....

Spot and I parted away very quickly. I could tell who it was, as I slowly turned to my doom. There she was, holding a notebook, was Ruby. She looked at me then Spot then back again.

"Don't you need to sell papes?"

Spot nodded to me before leaving me with Ruby. She can be very scary at sometimes. Even when she's telling someone else off she still scares me.

It was awkward as we did our tasks, I didn't know what to say. I don't think Ruby knew either. It was like that until she first spoke.

"So are you two a thing?"

I coughed a bit replying "I guess so"

We fell back to silence, though that soon ended as Grace walked into the room. "Did you see Flash? Did he say hi?"

"Flash was feeling sick today, though I'm sure if he was here he would say hi"

"She saw Spot though"

Ruby muttered, probably thinking I didn't hear. I felt quite weird now. Should I say sorry? But for what? I didn't know what to do.

Grace pipped up "Oh Izzy!" She took a note out, it was an old peice of paper. She handed it to me with a big smile "When I was around the back a boy gave me this"

"What did he look like?"

"I cant remember his name. He was tallish, blonde hair, Oh! And a had a cigar-"

"Race?" I said, with a nod from Grace. I quickly unfolded the note, wondering what was going on. 

Izzy
I'm visiting Brooklyn tomorrow
Spot wants to talk to me about something?
Might be around
So watch out ;)

Jack :)

"Is it a love note?"

I looked up to see a grinning Grace, she gets so excited over these things. (Think of her as Amy from Little Women)

I shook my head quickly, putting the note in my pocket "No. No its from Jack"

"She's getting all of her love letters from Spot" Ruby fixed her outfit. I sighed knowing Ruby was in a mood now "Ruby, don't be mad with me-"

"Why would I be mad? You can date Spot and  I-"

"You're dating Spot Conlon!!!!!!!!?????"

"Tell all of Brooklyn, why don't ya!" I called out. This is just crazy now. Ruby is mad at me, Grace is to excited and I don't even know how everyone else is going to react.

Especially Jack

----

Just breathe. Jack is going to be here any moment and you're just going to tell him. But what happens if he over reacts!? No it'll be fine. How do I know? This might be the end of our friendship or I don't know maybe-

"Izzzzzzzzy"

I was pulled into a tight hug by Jack. We were at Brooklyn Bridge,  are meeting point.

"Jack. How are you?" I nervously asked. My whole body was basically shaking.

"Great!" He gave me a quick pat on the back "First tell me....Race didn't flirt with you did he?"

"No" I laughed "He gave the note to Grace.....she like adores him"

"And me?"

"Not so much"

We carried on with our jokes as we walked along the bridge and the streets of Brooklyn. It was like old times. But I knew I had to bring up the boyfriend thing. Especially the Spot part.

"Jack, I need to tell you something big"

"How big?" He smirked as we strolled along the back way to get to my work. He was eating some bread right now, though I was going to give him food later.

"Like.....boyfriend big?"

Jack stopped. He was like that for a second or two before he turned around. I look at the floor not wanting to see his face when I told him the next part "He's also a newsie?"

"What!?"

Jack was in shock, I don't know if it was about having a boyfriend or the newsie part.

"He's a nice guy" I put my hands up as we walked forward to get inside. Jack was asking my every single question in the book. His height, age, kindness, what borough was he from? When did we start dating?

"We started 2 weeks ago. I'm sure you know him" I opened the door slowly trying to be calm. Ok I was freaking out. Though it was going to get a lot worse.

"Izzy, Oliver is here"

.....WAIT

Oliver was leaning against the counter. He was drying some dishes, probably because I wasn't there.

I had to ask special permission from Mr Brown to leave for the first half. I explained saying I wasn't doing anything much for the first half, also I would do extra stuff for closing hour.

Oliver gave me a cute friendly smile saying hi. He then turned to Jack and asked why he looked so confused.

"Wait...." Jack turned to me. He was confused but then it turned to a big smile "You and "  Turning to Oliver he smiled more "Oliver! Oh I thought it was someone crazy. Thank god. This is amazing!"

"Jack-"

"Oliver how come you never told me when you visited last week?"

"What?- "

"Can I tell my boys about this-"

"Jack we're not dating " I sighed knowing I would see a confused face. I turned to me and asked "What?"

"We're not dating....it's someone else"

"You have a boyfriend!?" Oliver stood up straight, he did it so fast I swear he could've snapped. I put a hand to my head and groaned in annoyance.

"I know who it is!" Grace pipped up, who was next to Ruby. I guess she was still in a mood with me, seeing she didn't tell her to be quiet. Jack then went over to her.

"Who?"

"Well he's from Brooklyn-"

"That's all!" I gave Grace a stare before she went back to her job. I didn't mean to be mad at her but Jack was here.

"Izzy, I know not all the guys there are bad, just tell me already"

"No"

"You won't mind me asking-"

"Jack. Stop it!"

"Oh now we're getting all defensive" He said in his thick  Manhattan accent. We both glared at each other like you would at the start of a boxing match.

"Em...Ruby" Grace spoke up "The newsies are here...." Grace slowly walked to Oliver, getting as far away from the drama.

Me and Jack looked at each other before we ran. I got in front of the door before he could go through though. "Jack just let it slide"

"You're making it a big deal. Let me see the guy and it'll be fine"

"You'll go crazy"

"I won't if you tell me now"

"Fine" I took in a deep breath, my nerves kicked in making me stumble my words a bit "My b-boyfriend is...is-"

"Kelly what ya doing back here?"

Oh Shit

I had to move out of the way, so I wouldn't fall, as the Brooklyn leader walked through the doors. I had to close my eyes to pray I was dreaming.
Because I know Spot would tell Jack straight of the bat.

"So hearing you two I'm guessing she hasn't told you-"

"Which one of your boys shes  dating. Nope she hasn't told me" Jack crossed his arms, like the protective older brother kinda way.

"Well that's quick of you to say it's it's not of my boys"

Thanks Spot

It all clicked now. Jack gave the scariest glare in the world to me and pointed to Spot, not breaking eye contact.

"This person? This person, who you've said to hate, the player, the leader of Brooklyn, this guy is your boyfriend!?!!!?!!!!!"

"Jack-"

"Hold it. She can date who she wants" Spot turned to Jack. Jack stood his ground as Spot gave him a push. "Yeah. But I would want someone who dosnet just dump someone the next day"

I kinda fell silent as they fought this out, vocies rising every second. How could this happen? I thought they were kinda friends.....right?

"I'm done with this!"

Jack stormed out of the place, making everyone feel a bit uncomfortable after. I didn't care what they said as I followed him out back. He couldn't just leave me because I went out of Spot.

"Jack!" Tears formed down my cheeks

"No. Don't give me that crying stuff" He shouted as he pointed to the door "I can't believe you would do such a thing?-"

"What? Have a life? Have relationships?"

"Be with someone who's going to break your heart, make you feel like the worst person ever!"

Me and Jack fell silent after that just staring, I guess our friendship was ending. Making new ones and loosing old ones.

"So this is it?"

"I think so"

Jack walked away without another word, not a goodbye, not a look, no nothing.

"Jack..."

My friend

My best friend

My brother

Was gone

■■■■

Idk know if this is good or not. Also so sorry it was so long

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 48 22
"Jack why's do I have ta come?" Race questions. "Because Racer, your my second which means you have ta come ta meetings and that includes Brooklyn."...
46.6K 705 22
Nickels. The word could mean a lot. It could mean the metal, that was almost impossible to break. It could mean the coin that was worth a pretty penn...
81K 1.2K 26
What happens when the King of Brooklyn meets a smart ass newsie and discovers it was a girl undercover. Spot meets Kris, the infamous and notorious...
793 2 15
Amari Santana. At least that's her real name but people call her 'Minx' cause of her perfectly well shaped face, full lips, and big doe eyes as well...