Fragile Hearts (TID - Will He...

By rebourntrees

" 'Who is she?' Jessamine demands. 'She's my Friend,' Jem says calmly. 'My best friend, actually.' 'I th... More

Proluge
Chapter 1: CLOCKWORK ANGEL
Chapter 2: Introductions
Chapter 3: Dust and Shadows
Chapter 4: The Mystery
Chapter 5: Massive Charades Game
Chapter 6: De Quincey
Chapter 7: The Start Of The War
Chapter 8: The Binding Ring
Chapter 9: Not The London Hospital
Chapter 10: The Clockwork Creatures
Chapter 11: Nathaniel Gray
Chapter 12: Mortmain
Chapter 13: Mizpah
Chapter 14: Mrs Dark
Chapter 15: The Automatons
Chapter 16: The Revelations
Chapter 17: The Sanctuary
Chapter 18: Not Your Name
Chapter 20: Hearing Screams
Chapter 21: The Curse
Chapter 22: The Nightmare
Chapter 23: Long Week
Chapter 24: The Periwinkle Demon
Chapter 25: I Know
Chapter 26: The Lightwoods
Chapter 27: Why?
Chapter 28: To Yorkshire
Chapter 29: At Yorkshire
Chapter 30: Ravenscar Manor
Chapter 31: Return Journey
Chapter 32: Ifrits Den
Chapter 33: Morning
Chapter 34: The Actor
Chapter 35: Masquerade
Chapter 36: Schlange
Chapter 37: German
Chapter 38: Life Source
Chapter 39: The Metal Explosion
Chapter 40: The Beginning of Hope
Chapter 41: 16 Cheyne Walk
Chapter 42: Confessions
Chapter 43: Demon Pox
Chapter 44: The Bridge and the Sky
Chapter 45: Dinner
Chapter 46: CLOCKWORK PRINCESS
Chapter 47: The Worm
Chapter 48: The Sister
Chapter 49: The Drug
Chapter 50: Woosley Scott
Chapter 51: Consul's Visit
Chapter 52: The Lightwood Brothers
Chapter 53: Burnt Hands
Chapter 54: Anything For Love
Chapter 55: Jessie's Return
Chapter 56: Tell Me
Chapter 57: That Is What It Means
Chapter 58: Not Dead Yet
Chapter 59: Goodbyes
Chapter 60: First Days of a Long Journey
Chapter 61: Parabatai
Chapter 62: The Fight With Werewolves
Chapter 63: The Knife and Blood
Chapter 64: The Small Welsh Town
Chapter 65: The Making Of The Plans
Chapter 66: The Worrying Process
Chapter 67: Take the Leader Out and his Pack is Yours
Chapter 68: The Aftermath of a Battle
Chapter 69: Waking Up
Chapter 70: Recovery From Tragedy
Chapter 71: Merry Christmas
Chapter 72: The Lovalaces
Chapter 73: Learn To Bear It
Chapter 74: The Christmas Gifts
Chapter 75: Back To Origins
Epilogue (Part 1)
Epilogue (Part 2)
🤘Author's Note🙃

Chapter 19: CLOCKWORK PRINCE

1.9K 78 14
By rebourntrees

Will walked into Magnus's house. As usual, Magnus was talking animatedly to Nora, who was lounging on a couch, laughing.

  "I'm back," Will said, shrugging off his coat.

  Nora jumped up and walked over to him. She smiled, taking his coat and wrapping it around her.

  "Great."

  Will thought back to what had happened the day everyone found out that Caspian was Nora's Brother. At night, she had sat down outside her room door, waiting for him to exit his.

  "I'll help you," She had said. "I made you a promise, didn't I? Plus, I can't watch as your heart gets broken over and over again. The coldest people have the most fragile hearts, after all."

  Now Magnus watched Will as he took off his hat, laying it on a table.

  Nora wrapped herself tightly in Will's coat. It was raining outside. Even though Magnus had a fire, Will learnt that Nora got cold easily.

  Nora sat herself back on the couch, and Will handed Magnus the bag of ingredients he had gotten from a few ifrits.

  Will sat himself next to Nora, and placed his legs up on the tea table in front of them.

  Nora scowled and smacked his leg.

  "Off," She ordered. "Your boots are all muddy. Hardly acceptable. Now, Liam."

  Will sighed irritably but nonetheless, brought his legs down. Nora was practically the only one who could tell him what to do. Simply because she did it as if she didn't care but would kill him if he didn't listen.

  "Well, Magnus?" Will asked impatiently.

  "These things take time, William," Magnus said. "Come back this Saturday."

  Will made an impatient noise. "How long more will I have to wait?"

  "You've waited five years, William. A few more weeks should be nothing to you," Magnus said calmly, looking through the bag that Will had brought him.

  It had been two weeks since the Mortmain episode. A week and a half, actually. The whole week Nora had followed Will around, helping him with his errands for Magnus.

  Over the time, what Will had felt for Tessa seemed so dim compared to what he felt for Nora. Nora was so different from Tessa. She spoke the truth and wasn't afraid of it. She took on dangerous tasks. She would sacrifice anything for anyone she loved. She was headstrong and wasn't afraid to think the worst of people.

  And Nora understood him.

  He realised that the day she had told him she'd help. The coldest people have the most fragile hearts, after all.

  "You don't understand," Will said in anguish. "Before I didn't have—"

  He cut himself off, choking back on the words before he could have exposed himself.

  "Didn't have?"

  "Enough, Magnus," Nora said in a playful tone. "We'll see you on Saturday."

  Magnus grinned at her. Magnus and Nora had this relationship. They had known each other for a long time. They treated each other as siblings would.

  Will opened his mouth to complain but Nora stood up, taking off Will's coat. She handed the heavy clothing to him and he stood up.

  "Fine," Will grumbled. "Let's go."

  Nora smiled at him—a smile that made his heart ache—and hooked her arm through his.

  "Have a nice evening, Magnus," She said, and they headed out of the house.

  It was still raining, and Will grumbled about London's terrible weather.

  Nora shivered, and Will almost took off his coat for her. But he knew that he couldn't get Nora attached to him. Not until the Curse was lifted.

  Nora tightened her grip on his arm. The only reason she did it was because out at night in London was dangerous, and they didn't want to get into any fights.

They were getting drenched, and Nora's hair was sticking to her neck.

It wasn't the first time that Will had seen her like this.

"You do know, Liam, that Magnus will find that demon, right?" Nora said softly. He could smell her, even through the rain. Lavender.

Will shook his head. "I shouldn't hope."

"Maybe not. But you shouldn't doubt," Nora said.

~

They finally reached the Institute. When they did, Nora disappeared into her room to shower and dry off.

Will wandered down the halls, and eventually into Jem's room.

  Jem was up, playing his violin, and didn't look up as Will entered his room.

"Will? Will, is that you?"

"It's me," Will said, leaning against the wall across from Jem.

Jem took his time to complete the song. When he was done, he laid his violin down and looked up.

Just as he did, Tessa entered the room. Will stiffened, and more than ever wished that he was not in the room.

"Tessa," Jem smiled. "What are you doing here?"

Tessa looked between Will and Jem, though she mostly avoided meeting Will's eyes.

"I'm sorry," She said. "Am I interrupting something? I can leave."

"You were," Will said at the same time Jem said, "No you weren't."

Will made a sound of annoyance and looked out of Jem's bedroom window.

Will distantly heard Jem and Tessa talking, but he wasn't listening.

"Will? Will, did you hear what Jem said?" Tessa asked, her voice rough.

Will's head snapped to Jem's direction. "No. I couldn't care to listen in to your worthless conversation."

"I asked you what you were doing tonight," Jem said calmly. "You're all muddy and wet."

It was true. Will hadn't bothered to go and shower of change. Or at least dry off.

"I simply went for a drink at Devil's Tavern," Will grinned. "It's raining, you know."

Jem nodded slowly. "That must explain your mood."

Will laughed. "There was this one faerie over there trying to get into my bed with me. I declined and she promptly threw a glass of water at me."

Tessa was silent.

Someone knocked on the door and opened it. It was Sophie.

She blushed. "I'm sorry. It's just I thought that maybe Miss Ella was here. I searched her room and her brother's. As well as the library. Do you have any idea where she is?"

"Why are you in need of Ella, Sophie?" Tessa asked.

Sophie bit her lower lip. "It is a private matter."

"Is it Gabriel?" Jem asked innocently.

Will looked away to hide a scowl.

"No!" Sophie exclaimed. "No, of course not. It's just..."

"Just?" Will asked, curious.

"Mrs Branwell wishes to speak to her," Sophie finalised weakly.

"Oh," Jem said. He frowned. "Maybe she's in Will's room."

"Will's room?" Tessa squeaked.

"I'm considering all options," Jem said reassuringly as Will scowled at him.

"I assure you, Sophie dear, that Nora is not in my room," Will said savagely.

"That she isn't."

Nora appeared at Jem's doorway, an amused expression on her face.

"Hullo, Jem. Tessa," She nodded in greeting to the other girl.

Tessa smiled at Nora.

"Charlotte wants to see me?" Nora asked, bringing a hand up to the ring hanging on a chain around her neck.

The ring that bound her and Caspian.

Sophie nodded.

Nora sighed, tiredness clear in her eyes. "Goodnight, then."

"I shall accompany you," Will rushed to say.

Nora smiled at him, and waited for him to walk over to her before turning and heading down the corridor beside him.

"Quite the situation you got yourself in there," Nora said.

Will shrugged. "Have you been sleeping?"

"Don't worry about me, Liam," Nora said, grinning up at him. "I can take care of myself."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

955K 16.4K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
262K 16.8K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.5M 49.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
288K 6.3K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.