The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
🔪Prologue (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
🔪 Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
🔪 Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
🔪 QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
🎉Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

🔪Chapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)

29.6K 766 102
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 02/11/2023

Aurora's POV

Day one of the semester break has begun and it is kind of peaceful around here even though I haven't been in this house before. 

Steven's grandparents have some rules around the house but most of them are understandable such as no sneaking out of the house, don't make too much noise, bedtime is nine o'clock sharp and the curfew is eight o'clock sharp as well and the latest will be eight-thirty.

Since we'll be staying here for a while, I brought some books and my laptop with me and I'll be doing my English homework here.

I'm currently in the living room with Steven and doing our own thing. I'm just looking at stuff on my phone while Steven is just reading a book.

Toby is in the guest room upstairs, sleeping. Grandpa Walter is in his study room while Grandma Abigail is in the garden, watering her plants.

They have a really big garden so it will probably take her some time to water all of her plants.

 I glance at Steven and ended up watching his slender, deadly pale fingers carefully flip the page and his eyes remained focused on the book.

His eyes are busy scanning the page but then he looks up and our eyes meet.

"Is something wrong, Aurora?" He asked.

"Sorry, it's nothing," I said.

"Bored?" He asked, closing the book and putting it beside him.

"A bit, yeah," I responded. 

"You wanna watch some TV?" He asked.

"Um, sure," I said.

He grabs the remote and turns the TV on. He switches from channel to channel and then he stopped and now we're watching some random movie.

"So," Steven spoke. "What do you think of my grandparents and their house, so far?"

I turned to look at him. He has his eyes glued to the TV.

"Their house is nice and big and your grandparents are nice as well," I answered.

"Be honest with me." He said. "I mean they are nice but...?"

"Honestly, they're nice but they can be a bit strict, especially with their rules," I said.

"I knew you would say that. They can be a bit old school. You can just tell by looking at their house." He said.

I look around the house and there are some antiques here and there.

My grandparents' house is more modern than theirs.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?" Steven asked.

I shake my head 'no'. "No, not really."

I'm getting a little bit sleepy. "I'm gonna go and take a nap for a little while. So, please excuse me."

"You're excused," Steven said. "I'll wake you up when it's dinner time."

"Okay."

"Sleep well," Steven said, his eyes glued to the TV.

I got up from the couch and start walking towards the stairs on my way to the guest room.

I look around the house again before I head inside the guest room. 

There are photos of Mr. Anderson when he was younger. There are also photos of him and his parents. And there are also photos of him with Steven.

Their resemblance is striking.

There are also some photos of a woman - that must be Steven's mother.

She's lovely. But she looks sad. I can tell from her eyes. She's smiling, only a little bit, but her eyes look sad.

Toby is in the other guest room since he's used to sleeping all by himself.

For a guest room, it's quite big. Grandma Abigail told me that it used to be her room when she was a little girl.

Floral wallpaper and some of her porcelain dolls are displayed on the shelf, she even keeps her vanity. 

I let out a yawn and I get on the bed.

As soon as my back makes contact with the soft mattress, I can feel myself falling into bliss.

___

How long have I been sleeping?

All I can see right now is darkness.

"Aurora."

I can hear a voice.

"Aurora."

"Aurora."

I open my eyes and the first thing I see was Steven.

"Steven? What time is it?"

"It's almost 4 in the afternoon," Steven said. "Grandma said that she prepared some tea. It's just Grandma's usual tea time. Come on."

He held out his hand and I hesitated.

"Come on, up you go."

He grabs my hand, places his hand on my back, and pulls me up.

"Alright, let's go., we'll be in the dining room."

Steven lets go of my hand before leaving the room.

I let out a yawn and stretched.

I get off the bed and walk out of the room, and head downstairs.

I walk into the dining room and I spotted everyone there. 

"Hello Aurora, take a seat. " Grandma Abigail spoke, gesturing me to sit at the empty chair between Toby and Steven.

I take a seat and Grandma Abigail pours some tea into the teacup. 

"I hope you like tea." Grandma Abigail said.

"I do, thank you," I said.

"Also, I was about to make sandwiches for you guys but you might have some type of allergy. Are any of you allergic to peanuts or strawberries?"

"I'm okay but Toby is allergic to peanuts. Strawberries are fine." I replied.

"Okay, I'll take note of that. Now that we're all here, I want to let you guys know that your Grandfather and I are gonna have a gathering here tomorrow night, and we would like to introduce you, Aurora and Toby, to some of our friends. And if you will ever get bored, you can excuse yourselves and go to your rooms. Will that be okay?" Grandma Abigail explained.

"Yeah, that sounds fun," I said.

"We don't throw these kinds of gatherings all the time though. Aurora, how about I take you shopping tomorrow?" Grandma Abigail suggested. "It will be like a grandmother and granddaughter bonding time while maybe Grandpa could spend time with Steven and Toby. I'll let you pick anything you want, just name it."

"That's nice of you Grandma Abigail and I would like that," I responded.

"All right, it's settled then. And please call me Grandma."

She smiled and I smile back.

___

It's night time and I'm currently reading a book.

I grab my glass of water and finish it.

I should probably head downstairs, wash it, and go to sleep.

Putting my slippers on, with the glass in one hand and I open the door, heading down the stairs.

I tried to go down the stairs without making any noise.

Finally, I made it down and head towards the kitchen.

"Hello?" A voice spoke and I gasped. "Aurora?"

I turn on the lights and it was only Steven.

"Oh, it's only you Steven," I said, patting my chest before walking towards the sink.

"Can't sleep?" Steven asked.

"I'm going to bed after this," I responded as I clean up the cup. "And you?"

"Couldn't sleep. I'm not used to sleeping here. We rarely visit my grandparents." He said.

"I see." I put the cup on the dish rack and I'm going back to the guest room.

"Wait. Stay for a bit, Ro." Steven said.

I stopped and I look at him.

"Won't we get in trouble?" I asked.

"As long as we'll get back to our rooms before they come out of theirs." He responded.

"All right," I said as I slowly pull the chair before sitting down.

"Steven, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"I'm just wondering... why are you under grade retention?"

"Ah. I guess you could say that... I don't really like school. Even when I was little but I got through with that. High school... kinda sucks. But I already have two strikes. One more then I'm done for. I'm taking it a little bit seriously this time. Well, trying that is." He explained.

"I see," I said. "How does your Dad feel about that?"

"Hmm, well, to be honest, he was frustrated about it but he's a busy man and he said as long as I pass and not fail this time, it's enough for him." He said. "Can I tell you something?"

I nodded.

He leans forward. "You know, my Dad said that ever since he met your Mom and they dated for quite some time, he changed. He started caring about being a family and all that. It was a bit strange for me."

"Strange? Strange like how?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's complicated. Well, I guess that's enough for the night."

"Let's call it a night and head upstairs." He whispered.

I nodded once more. "Okay."

I got up from the chair and started walking. I turn around but Steven is still sitting there.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked.

"Go ahead. I'll catch up." He said.

"Okay, good night then."

"Night." He replied.

Then I head back upstairs as quietly as I can.

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 02/11/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2.5K 28
⚠️warning⚠️ this story involves BDSM, stalk home syndrome, DDLB, abuse, blood, rape, yelling/shouting, suicidal thoughts, depression, self harm, stut...
1.7M 96.7K 81
Bhawna Sinha, Cute, lazy, silly, have crush on her handsome and charming neighbour Aryan Saxena who is ACP officer while she is studying in college. ...
203K 10.9K 65
Her hands shook violently as she dialed the 7 digits to call her big brother. Her heart was beating so loud, and fast in her mind. She was shaking ne...
1.2M 29.4K 36
**This is an extremely dark romance** When Angel's dad passes, her mother meets a new man. Tragically for her, this new man has a step son...and he...