Reckless Fearless Careless | ✓

By myreadingaddictions

"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to s... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
1-Who Names Their Kid After A Gargoyle?
2-Sorry Sir, Girl Problems
3-It's Disney Time Bitches
4-Don't Call Me Maxi
5-Are You On Drugs Woman?
6-People Do Stupid Things Whilst Drunk
7-It's Not A Wall, It's A Person
8-Green Eyes Is Feisty
9-When Did You Meet That Idiot?
10-I Used My Friend's Green Crayon Without Telling Her
11-I Hope Max And Mason Have Planned My Funeral
12-I Painted Hugo's Room Hot Pink
13-The Big Bad Boy Needs A Nanny
14-I Completely Wrecked Mum's Car
15-Is He Half Robot Or Something?
16-Covered In Popcorn, Butter And Coke
17-Doing More Than Tutoring
18-Disney Is Life
19-The Tutor Code
20-You Only Won Because Of That Stupid Door
21-I'm Everyone's Type
22-Three Girls In One Night
23-A Royal Pain In The Arse
Character list
24-What The Hell Are You Doing In My Room?
25-You Think You Can Take Me?
26-Overly Thorough Directions
27-Dragged Through The Pits Of Hell
28-I Think I'm Going To Puke
29-Threatened By Random Year Eleven Girls
30-Did He Just Ask Me Out?
31-What's The Worst That Could Happen?
32-Why Am I Thinking Of Him?
33-Get Your Hands Off My Boyfriend
34-Cocky Bastards
35-I Love A Bad Girl
36-You're A Coward
37-Mystery Girl
38-I Dare You To Kiss Me
39-A Lingering Kiss
40-Walking Aimlessly In The Middle Of Nowhere
41-Sleeping With The Headmistress
42-Tearing Off Her Dress
43-How Much Did I Drink?
44-Zucchini Is A Made Up Vegetable
45-I Was His Everything
46-A Disapproving Look
47-I Just Care Too Damn Much
48-He Just Cares Too Damn Much
49-Save Her
50-A Toddler On Crack
51-Strawberry Ice Cream
53-I Like You
Epilogue
Bonus #1: The Walls Are Soundproof
Bonus #2: Your Bedsheets Are Funny
New Book

52-Terrible In Bed

12.6K 364 102
By myreadingaddictions

Chapter 52: Terrible In Bed

Things were different between Wyatt and I over the next few days but in a good way. We hadn't kissed since that evening but there was definitely a flirtier atmosphere between the two of us.

School dragged on as per usual but I was coping and I've finally decided to make a start on the mountain of catch up work I've got to do. I was making my way to the canteen when I heard an all too familiar voice chatting away in the corner.

Ava has been hanging out with Chloe and her minions since the whole fiasco arose and she hasn't spoken a word to me since. She, like them, does cheerleading but she was never the stereotypical type. She wasn't bitchy and didn't bully others to be popular.

She went through her fair share of guys but so many people did that so it wasn't that big of a deal until she decided to sleep with my then boyfriend. Ava has never been a very responsible drunk but that doesn't excuse what she did. River was completely wrong as well but nothing can excuse Ava's behaviour, she was supposed to be my best friend.

Since hanging out with Chloe, I've seen an even bigger change in her behaviour, she's becoming like them. She's been giving the younger years a horrible time and the other day in RS she stuck gum to the bottom of this guy's chair because he wouldn't give her test answers.

I don't know what has gotten into her. Maybe she was secretly like this all along, I've got no clue if I'm honest but, seeing her now, I'm glad we're not friends anymore. People like that aren't worth my time.

I sigh as I walk away from them, Ava and Chloe's obnoxious giggles can be heard from a mile away as they insult someone on Ava's phone.

I'm almost at the canteen doors when a voice calls out my name, effectively halting me in my tracks. I turn around slowly, already knowing who the owner of the voice is.

"Hey, Ari," he says, softly. "How's the arm?"

I shrug. "Not too bad, it could've been a lot worse, I suppose, so can't really complain," I say rigidly, wanting desperately to escape this conversation.

His molten brown seem to pin me to the spot as he talks. "Can we talk, please."

I want to say no, to run and leave this conversation but for some reason I find myself nodding slowly. "Sure, let's go some place more quiet," I say, in a small voice, refusing to meet his eyes as we walk silently to the garden around the back of the school that people hardly ever visit.

We both sit down on the only wooden bench in the garden. People don't come here because it's not well looked after and not many people know about it either so it's always a nice quiet spot to come to when you want to be alone.

"What's up?" I ask, threading my fingers together, my eyes concentrated on my lap.

He seems startled that I chose to break the silence and tries to hide his nervousness by clearing his throat — at least I'm not the only uncomfortable one here. "Well, I know I already said this but I'm sorry for what I said to you. It was cruel and wrong of me."

I reply with a shrug of my shoulders. "It's in the past. What's done is done." I sound calm and composed but I'm anything but. His words were a sharp knife stabbed into my side, twisting in the wound every so often so I couldn't forget.

"That doesn't make it okay though," he persists, a pleading look in his eyes.

"It might not but we can't change what's happened, James. I've forgiven you. It's over."

Forgiven? I never thought I'd say that about him but it's true. He might have caused me a pain second to none but if he hadn't I would've never met Wyatt. Sure, I also wouldn't have gone crazy and got hit by a lorry but I wouldn't trade what I've experienced this year for the world. I've always been a believer of everything happens for a reason, so although I'm still deeply scarred by what happened I wouldn't want it to have played out any other way.

It's slightly different with Ava in the sense that she actually did something which was just plain horrible.

What James said was mean but he wasn't doing anything wrong, per se, because he was only breaking up with me, he just went about it wrongly. So I can forgive him. Ava, on the other hand, hurt Mason and me in a way I doubt I'll ever be able to truly forgive.

He looks like a deer caught in headlights as he pushes his ash brown hair out of his eyes, checking me over to see if he heard correctly. "So we're okay?"

I nod. "Yeah. I'm still not your biggest fan but I think we can move on and bury this in the past. It's over between us once and for all. No bad blood?"

He smiles but there's something almost sad about it. "No bad blood," he agrees. "And for the record, I didn't mean what I said, not a word of it." With that, he dusts off his trousers and walks away and I can feel a massive weight being lifted off my shoulders.

~*~*~

The week, as usual, drags on painfully slow. It's not even spring yet and I'm already begging for the summer holidays to start and exams to be over. They're not for a few more months but I'm in no way ready for my A-levels, hell to the no. I wish school would just bugger off.

At least it's finally lunch on Friday which means the week is almost over, halle-fucking-lujah. I sit at my usual table, wedged between Jess and Oliver with Max opposite me.

Oliver looks too happy so I send him a suspicious look. "What's got you in such a chipper mood?" I ask, eating a handful of the chips on my plate.

He shrugs but the smile doesn't leave his face so Chase replies instead, sighing through his nose. "Him and Rebekah are going on a getaway thing this weekend, he's been overly happy all week and it's been driving me nuts," he grumbles.

"You're just jealous because you can't keep a girl for more than one night," Oliver smirks at his twin, blowing a strand of blond hair from his face.

Chase scoffs. "Please, I could if I wanted to but relationships are way too much work. No thanks," he says, with a roll of his eyes.

"You sure about that? I've heard horror stories about you being terrible in bed."

This time Chase growls at his twin, speaking in harsh whispers which just makes Oliver flick him on the side of the head as the two start bickering with one another like usual.

I chuckle at their antics as Jess groans from beside me, her hands pulling at her curly red locks as I turn to face her. "Ari, help me out, Max is being an idiot again," Jess complains loudly, knowing full well Max can hear her.

He glares at her but doesn't say anything, his arms crossed over his chest. "What did he say this time?" I ask slowly, already knowing that it's going to be something stupid.

"Apparently, candles that aren't scented have absolutely no purpose," she says dryly.

I send Max a bewildered look. "You do realise candles were used as a light source well before scented ones even existed, right?"

"Yes, I know that," he pouts. "But what's the point of having one that isn't scented in this day and age?"

"Because some people don't want to change the smell of a room but like the ambience a candle brings," Jess quips, clearly irritated.

Max is about to retort but someone appearing behind me and tapping me on the shoulder stops him. "Hey, green eyes, can I talk to you for a sec?" The voice asks, murmuring in my ear, causing goosebumps on the back of my neck because of the low husky tone.

I nod slowly, excusing myself from Jess and Max before things can get too out of control.

We walk out of the canteen and to a vacated corner by some nearby lockers. "Thanks for that. You just saved me from another one of Jess and Max's stupid arguments."

Wyatt grins, flashing his white teeth. "Anytime," he chuckles. "What were they arguing about?"

"Max thinks unscented candles are pointless," I say with a shake of my head.

Wyatt raises an eyebrow at me in surprise. "He does realise that people used to use them for light long before electricity was even invented, right?"

I raise my hands in the air for a quick moment and drop them back to my sides. "That's what I said," I say in a flabbergasted manner. "Apparently, now that we have electricity they're useless."

"What about a candlelit dinner?" Wyatt asks, his body now impossibly close to mine, his hot breath fanning across my face.

"What about one?" I ask, my voice low and breathy as my fingers trail up Wyatt's shirt.

I can feel the vibrations of his chest as he speaks, his voice deep and clear. "Tonight at eight, I'll pick you up from yours?"

His eyes evaluate me as I think of what to say and I can't help myself as I look to his lips, never becoming less inviting as they shine slightly thanks to Wyatt darting his tongue over them as he watches me.

I lean in, unable to handle the anticipation any longer and peck him quickly on the lips before I'm rudely interrupted by the school bell, indicating the end of lunch. "Sounds like a plan," I whisper quickly before we both disappear in the throng of people rushing to get to class.

~*~*~

Just to clear any confusion, A-levels are the exams you take in your last year of school and they are the main factor in determining if you can go to university.

How'd you find that - especially Ari deciding to forgive James? Do you think she made the right choice in burring the hatchet?

I feel like my babies are all grown up but when you write a book for around a year and a half I guess you get attached 😂

Side note, get excited for the next chapter guys *wink* *wink* it's going to be pretty cute.

That's all for now :)

Vote
Comment
Let me know how you're doing 🙃

Until next time, byeeeeee xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 86 30
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
517 43 16
"Marek, don't do this. Keep your captainship. I'll tell the truth about what happened and we'll both be out of the deal." "But-" "I don't know what y...
5.5K 301 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
313K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...