Leave It To Daddy Styles (h.s...

By Damari13

Just a typical story of how 18 year old, Harry Styles, manages fatherhood as a single father. "I won't give... More

Leave It To Daddy Styles
Positive.
Change.
Senior Year.
Emotions.
Labor.
Home, Sweet Home.
Unfaithful.
The Truth.
Cheater.
Five months.
Second Thoughts.
Selfish.
Abandon.
Alone.
Questions Asked.
Struggle.
Give Her Up.
Promise.
Bakery.
New Job.
Smile.
Author's Note. PLEASE READ.

Emergency.

464 17 7
By Damari13

Harry POV

"Gosh Elle, you're not feeling so good huh?"

Elle whines in my arms as I rock her back and forth. It seems to be calming her down but she's still very fussy. She let's our a cough or two as snot was coming out of her small nose. I grabbed a tissue, trying my best to wipe it off as she wiggles around to avoid it. She begins to groan and whimper a bit as I smoothen her with my voice.

"Oh Ellie. I'm so sorry princess, I know. It's okay darling"

I snuggle her close to me as she whimpers in my arms. It's about night time now, and Elle has caught a cold. It's her very first time being sick actually but I don't really know what to do. I took her to the doctor this morning, and they just prescribed me with some cough medicine and nasal spray but didn't really do much else.
I've been keeping up with the time on when to give her the medicine but she's obviously not taking to it very well.

I'm just holding her in my arms, seems like the only thing that comforts her for now. We're both taking it easy, but I'm at a lost to be honest. I never took care of a sick baby before, nor did I think I would care for one so young. I placed a cooling gel patch over her head, hopefully cooling down her temperature. I'm just trying my best and keeping her cold from getting any worse.

* KNOCK KNOCK *

I heard a knock at the front door, already knowing who it is. I look up and quickly shout at the guests to come in. The door opens, revealing the blonde Irishman and the Bradford bad boy, walking in with bags of food in their hands.

"Hey Harry, we brought food!"

"Thanks Nialler, just put it on the table"

"So I hear that the baby girl is sick" Zayn said, placing the bags of food on the table.

"Yeah, she has a cold. I'm just sitting here, keeping her company. All she wants right now is for me to hold her" I said, running my fingers through her blonde hair.

"Aww. Poor Elle, I hope you feel better" Niall said, walking over to us as he looks down at Elle.

Elle looks up at him, confused at first, but immediately recognizes him as she gives him a small smile. I chuckled, kissing the top of her head, watching her as she snuggles into my chest and sucks her pacifier.

"I hope she's doesn't get any worse. I have class tomorrow and my professor said it's mandatory to be there. I don't want to skip class but I might have to"

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Just make she you give her medicine on the regular. I'm sure she will feel better before you know it"

"I hope you're right Zayn. I don't want to be wrong, especially since my dad thinks I'm not fit to care for Elle"

"Well he's wrong. I think you're doing a great job!" Niall mumbled, food in his mouth as he kept chowing down.

I told the boys about the meet up with my father and they were to happy about that, especially Louis. Every since that day, I can't help but feel like he's right in a way, but I don't want him to actually believe that. It's like now whenever she cries or throws one of her famous tantrums, I can't help but believe that I'm not a suitable guardian for her. Now she's sick and I'm already feeling like absolute shit since she got this cold.

"Your dad is probably just worried Harry, don't think about it too much. If you believe that you are responsible enough to care for your child, than you are. Simple as that. Don't let what he says keep you down"

"Yeah you're probably right"

"I am right. Now come eat, we brought you your favorite"

"Ha. Is it really-"

"YES! TACOS WITH EXTRA CHEESE!"

I chuckled standing up, with Elle is still in my arms as I make my way towards the table.
Hopefully what they're saying is right. I have to start believing that I'm a suitable parent for Elle. I need to show everyone that they are wrong.

I just hope nothing goes wrong.

===============

"Alright class. I already graded your essays so once your name is called, please come up and get your essay. Cara Delevingne"

I waited as Dane called everyone's name, one by one standing up and grabbing their essays. I kinda felt like I was drifting off, I was exhausted. Elle wasn't feeling well at all, and I was up all night watching her and rocking her to sleep. Today, as usual, Justin was watching her since she seemed fine once I checked her this morning, so I thought I should go to class today.

"Ms. Valedictorian, here's your essay"

I looked up and saw the big brown eyed girl standing up from her chair as walk towards the front. She takes a deep breathe before taking her essay and looks at the grade. I could tell she received a high grade as she smiles brightly and thanks our smirking professor.

"Keep it up, don't stop surprising me. Harry Styles"

I sighed, standing up from my chair as I make my way towards the front. Dane looks up at me before smirking as I mentally roll my eyes. I just want my paper, pal.

"Oh Mr. Styles, the boy who raises questions"

"I don't see why I would raise questions. I have nothing to hide"

"Everyone has at least one thing to hide Mr Styles. You, however, work in mysterious ways. This essay of yours definitely surprised me" he smirked, handing me back my essay.

I look down at my paper, expecting the worst honestly. I just typed anything since Elle wasn't behaving that day. My eyes widen,realizing what the grade was. 100%.
I couldn't believe it, I got a perfect grade.

"You actually done better than Ms. Valedictorian over there. She got three points less than yours. Keep surprising me Mr. Styles"

I smiled, heading back to my seat, still in disbelief. I felt my phone my vibrate a couple of times but ignored it. I'm pretty sure it's just Louis calling me about something stupid he saw on tv. He always does.

"Alright everyone. Let's get started on your surprise pop quiz! It's twenty one questions, no cell phone use or chatting during the quiz or else your quiz will be voided"

My phone kept on vibrating, making me nervous as I hope that Dane wasn't hearing it. Everyone started to look at me, knowing that it was my phone that was making all that noise. Fuck, now I'm going to be in trouble.

"Mr. Styles, I just said there's no cell phone use during the quiz. Are you asking to get your quiz voided?"

"N-No sir. Actually it's someone calling me"

"Then take it outside, you have five minutes"

I nodded, quickly standing up as I exited the room. I stand in the hallway, talking out my buzzing phone to see who was calling. It was Justin. He probably is wonder where Elle's formula is at or something.
I sighed, answering his phone call, quite annoyed actually.

"Hello?"

"Harry! I know you're mad. But this is important!"

"Of course I am, you're calling me during my class! You could've got me a failed grade for my pop quiz!"

"I know I'm sorry, but I really need you to come home quick"

"Justin, you know I can't leave. I still have to finish my quiz-"

"But it's an emergency! Elle isn't feeling well at all!"

"What do you mean?"

"I MEAN SHE'S WORSE! She's turning red, she's constantly crying, and I think she's having trouble breathing! We have to take her to the hospital Harry! Now!"

I felt the world stop, hearing Justin scream through the phone. I felt my heart beating rapidly, my breathing hinging a bit, and even my palms getting sweaty. I quickly hung up my phone, running into my classroom, not caring if I was being disruptive or not.
I run to my seat to grab everything I need, everyone staring at me as I was in full panic mode. Their eyes followed me as I walk over to Dane's desk to give him blank quiz. I even felt her big brown eyes stare right at me.

"Mr. Styles, where do you think you're going?"

"I'm sorry sir, but I won't be able to complete the quiz today. I know its probably something I can't make up but I need to leave, it's an emergency"

"But your quiz will get voided. I advise you to take it, like the smart man you are"

"With all do respect sir, but I would be stupid if I decide to stay and take your quiz. I'm sorry"

I turned around, Dane calling after me, but  ignored him anyways. No grade is worth more than my own daughter. Once I ran out of the building, I get inside my car and turn it on. I managed to pull out of my parking spot and drive off.

Please let her be okay, please let her be okay.

After speeding and passing two stoplights, I finally get to Justin's place. I saw him standing outside of his car, about to put Elle in her car seat. I immediately pull up in front of him, the sound of my tires screeching caught his attention. He looks up and quickly goes to take out Elle from her car seat.
I step out and quickly run towards him, my heart beating rapidly and sweat streaming from my forehead. I could hear her cries but she was practically screaming. Justin picks her up, running towards me as I quickly take her from his arms, holding her close to me as she buries her face into my neck. He takes out her car seat and places it inside the backseat of my car. I run over to the car, towards Justin as he panicky runs his fingers through his hair.

"She's practically swearing through her clothes!"

"I know, I tried cooling down with a wet cloth, it kinda worked. But her temperature is starting to rise up again"

"Get her diaper bag. I'm going to take her to the nearest hospital"

"Right, but I'll go with you"

I nodded as he runs off to his car, I open the back door of my car and quickly buckle Elle up as she continues to scream at the top of her lungs. I slam the door closed, running to the drivers seat. Justin towards me, holding the diaper bag in his hand as he rushes to gent inside the passenger seat.

"Let's go! Hurry and buckle up!"

"Just drive! Don't worry about my seatbelt, just calm down and go!"

I put the car in drive, slamming my foot over the gas as I sped off. The sounds of my daughter crying and kicking kept scaring me even more, my heart beating in fear as I drive past a few cars and a red stoplight. It felt as if I was driving away from a tsunami or something, I was completely terrified.
We finally get to the emergency room, braking as my tires screech over the road. I put the car in park, getting out as I run over to the back door and quickly open it as I start to unbuckle Elle's seat. I notice that she was gasping a bit, her face turning red. My little princess, my poor baby. I panicked, picking her up and holding her close to me. Justin runs over to me and hands me the diaper bag.

"You go ahead! I'll go park the car somewhere" he said, as I nodded.

I run towards the doors as they automatically open for me. I run inside, Elle's cries echoing the empty hallway as I look around. I breathe rapidly, grinding my teeth together before finally grabbing the help I need.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

=============

Two hours.

It's been two hours since the nurses rushed and took Elle away to attend to her. I am exhausted, completely wiped out. Justin sat beside me, his hands rubbing his face as he leans over his knees. I look away from him and blink my eyes to try and stay awake, I'm not going to relax until I fully know for sure that she's going to be okay.
I called my mother and sister, even told the boys about Elle being in the hospital. I even try contacting Flo and her family, but I'm guessing they either blocked me or change their number because I can't seem to get a hold of them. No surprise there though.
Justin sits up, letting out a sigh before turning to me and shaking his head.

"Maybe if I would've been more attentive towards her, we wouldn't be here. But I did exactly what you said and gave her medicine at the exact time she was suppose to take it!"

"It's not your fault Jay, you tried your best. Things like this happen unfortunately.." I frowned, feeling Justin place his hand over my shoulder.

"Don't worry bro, she'll be fine. She's a strong baby, I know she'll feel better in no time"

"HARRY!"

We both look up and see my mother with Gemma running towards us. But that wasn't what surprised me, it was my father as he slowly walks behind them. I stood up, my mother tackling me with her embrace as she whimpers in concern. Gemma looks at me, kissing my cheek as she rubs my back to comfort me. I look up at my father, his eyes burning through me as I just clear my throat and spoke up.

"Hello dad. I-I'm glad you came"

"I wouldn't have to be here if you would have been more cautious about watching her"

"Dad.." scolded Gemma as he sighed, taking a seat on one of the chairs.

I felt nauseous after hearing the sound of disappointment in his voice. I was ashamed to know that I was the reason she was here at the emergency room. He's right, I should've been more cautious, but I wasn't. It's all my fault.

"Styles, Elle"

I turn around and quickly jog over to the doctor as she looks up and walks towards me. I run my fingers through my curls, biting my bottom lip anxiously.

"H-How is she? How's my baby?"

"She's fine, her fever went down and her breathing is normal"

"Oh thank goodness!" my mother smiles, all of us sighing in relief.

"I'm glad you brought her in on time, or else she would've gotten worse by tonight. She could've been held in the NICU for intensive care. You're really lucky, you just seem so young to be a father at this age"

I frowned, hearing those words come out from the doctor's mouth. I felt like a thousand blocks of cement came crushing down on top of me. I felt like shit, I am a shitty father. I am very young but I didn't think I would be so terrible.

"She will stay for the night so we can keep a close eye on her. This is the prescription to the medication she needs after you take her home. You may stay in the room with her for the night, a family member or friend may stay with you as well. She'll be better by tomorrow morning" she said, writing on a small paper before tearing it out and handing it to me.

"Like I said sir, you're very lucky"

She turns away and walks off, leaving me to stand here in utter shame. I was very lucky, wasn't I?

"You see what I meant Harry, this was exactly the kind of thing I was talking about" said my father as he stood up and walked towards me.

"If it wouldn't have been for your friend watching her, she would've gotten worse. Possibly deceased! It could've been avoided"

"You heard the doctor dad, she's okay! There's nothing to worry about, a situation like this is common "

"That's not what I'm referring to Gemma. The point is that Harry isn't ready to be a father, he's just too young! He shouldn't be worrying about such a thing like this, he should be out with his friends and having fun! Enjoying his life!"

"I a-am enjoying my life!"

"Oh, Is that so? When was the last time you actually shared a real, genuine smile with anyone close to you? Tell me when"

I opened my mouth to say something but eventually closed it. I scrunched my eyebrows together, wanting to punch myself in the face. My father just shakes his head, crossing his arms as I slightly look up at him. I'm proving myself wrong, and he's proving himself right.

"Harry! We're here, what did we miss?" Louis shouts, Zayn and Niall running behind him.

They both catch their breath, looking at Justin before walking over to him to console his guilt. Louis stops and stands between us, looking at the both of us back and forth. He furrows his eyebrows, noticing the depressed look on my face before questioning the both of us.

"What's going on here?"

I am alone in this, Florina left me to care for a baby when I'm just a baby myself. I'm still a teenager, I don't know anything about caring for children. If I would've waited longer to get Elle treatment, it would've been a threat to her life. It could happen again and I probably wouldn't be so lucky next time.
But maybe, if she had an adult mother and father to care for her, she wouldn't have to worry about her formula. She wouldn't have to worry about getting fed on time or being changed. She wouldn't have to cry for my attention. She wouldn't have to suffer....

"Take up on my offer Harry. Really think about it, because you could be giving your daughter thebest life if you just hand her over to hands of a true father and mother she actually needs-"

"No..you're right..I'm not fit to be a father"

"W-What...Harry!?" Louis shouts, looking at me in disbelief.

"I am young, and if it weren't for my oblivious way, Elle wouldn't be suffering right now"

"Harry, are you sure about this?" Gemma questions me, my eyes looking down at the ground as I slowly nod.

"She needs better care and proper attention, more than what I can give her. She shouldn't have to suffer because of my struggles with school and trying to find a job. I can't keep relying on everyone to help me when I should be the one taking care of her by myself, but I can't. I'm not fit to be her father, or a father to be more precise"

"Harry no wait, this isn't-"

"I'm glad you finally see it that way Haz. I'll make a few calls to child services once I get home" my father interrupts Louis, before picking up his coat from the chair and walking off.

Louis looks back at me, a shocked expression over his face. Zayn, Niall, and Justin confused as they look at me with concern but surprised expressions. Gemma just looks at the me, speechless. And my mother, what more can I say, she was devastated. I just stood there, my eyes still staring at the ground. I know what must do, even if it's going to kill me. But I know it's the right thing to do for Elle....

Give her up.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

UPDATED! ❤️

Sorry for such a long hiatus in this story. A lot of people have been into my Jouis story so I've been updating that a lot lately and my college work has been taking a hold on me. I can't wait for the summer because I'll finally get to update more for you guys!
Anyways, I'm glad to be updating this story again and hopefully I'll have more readers into this story! 🤗

Please excuse any unedited mistakes! 😅

Please comment, vote, & follow!

Have a beautiful day! Enjoy! 💕

- DAMARI 😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 212 43
Harry Styles is a 14 year old boy who lives with his mother, his sister Gemma, and his 3 brothers Niall, Liam, and Zayn. Harry is also in ageplay...
185K 6.1K 36
***MATURE CONTENT READ AT OWN RISK*** Harry seems to be getting uncomfortable and mildly frustrated. "Willow, look at me." He's waiting until he has...
70.5K 719 31
Brooklyn Jones? Doesn't ring a bell, well not yet it doesn't. She's a fashion designer, 22 years old. She graduated from FIT and is about to start a...
Needy By ally

Fanfiction

37K 589 3
***THIS IS A SHORT STORY*** Harry Styles is a 32-year-old single father who only wants the best for his little girl. He hates that he couldn't be the...