I'm Being Adopted by... One D...

By 1D_equals_my_life

"when you said your last goodbye i died a little bit inside i lay in tears in bed all night alone without you... More

I'm Being Adopted by a Boyband? *Chapter One*
Please don't send them up here! *Chapter Two*
Nice Place You Got There! *Chapter Three*
You Don't Understand! *Chapter Four*
Apologies, Whiteboards, and Snuggle Buddies? *Chapter Six*
Movie Theaters, and Surprise...? *Chapter Seven*
Uh, I'm Allergic and Who is He? *Chapter Eight*
Beach, Girlfriends, and Liam's Birthday? *Chapter Nine*
Call Me Maybe? How bout NO! *Chapter 10*
I Have no Clue What's Going on *Chapter 11*
First Date or First Stalkers? *Chapter 12*
Getting sick sucks *Ch. 13*
New hair, New Contract, Period *Ch. 14*
You're perfect *Ch 15*
The New Single, The Ice Skater, and a Born Dancer. *Ch 16*
A Pinch of Drama, A Dash of Stalkers, and A Cup Full of Secrets *Ch. 17*
BOO! It's Halloween! *Ch. 18*
Academy Awards and Secrets *Ch. 19*
White Horse, When You're Gone, Wake Up Call and Oh. My. God. *Ch. 20*
I, I Wanna Save Your, Wanna Save Your Heart Tonight. *Ch. 21*
"I'm Sorry We Did All We Could." *Ch. 22*
Coming Home, New Girls, New Boy, and a Stupid Boot. *Ch. 23*
Just another thing to skip over(:
"This. Means. War. Grace." *Ch. 24*
It's a Winter Wonderland! *Ch. 25*
Skip over this please(:
Forgetting Something? *Ch. 26*
Screaming, Tears, Girlfriends, and Sneaking Out. Oh My. *Ch. 27*
And The Good Girl Goes Bad. *Ch. 28*
Parties, Autographs, and Singing in the Shower. *Ch. 29*
Fighting, Sleeping, Singing, Fires, Losing Money, and Releasing. *Ch. 30*
The Devil and Angel. *Ch. 31*
Better Read This!
You're Not Sorry, Apologizes, Text Messages, and Birthday Gifts. *Ch. 32*
People Think Too Much. *Ch. 33*
Hate, Photo Shoots, and Deep Talks with Harry. *Ch. 34*
What Even is Normal? *Chapter 35*
Whoops. *Chapter 36*
Rewriting My Childhood Memories. *Ch. 37*
Maybe You Shouldn't Come Back? *Chapter 38*
Hearts Break Faster Than They Can Mend *Chapter 39*
Letting Go *Chapter 40*
Bittersweet Freedom. *Chapter 41*
Remember When *Chapter 42*
Learn to Love, Learn to Forgive, but Learn to Never Forget. *Chapter 43*
Henry or Harold? *Chapter 44*
Interview Sadness and Elevator Joy Ride *Chapter 45*
Taking Back What's Yours *Chapter 46*
Skip over this(:
Come Home *Chapter 47*
The Scientist *Chapter 48*
Free *Chapter 49*
Letters to Nowhere *Chapter 50*
Hurt, or a Monster? *Part one of chapter 51*
Skip over this!
Sickness *Chapter 52, part two of 51*
Unnoticed and Unchanged *Chapter 52*
Come Back... Be Here *Part One of Chapter 53*
All I Want is a Nightingale *Part two Chapter 53* FINAL CHAPTER
Epilouge
Sequel is up!

Running Away From Problems Creates Karma *Chapter Five*

260K 3K 431
By 1D_equals_my_life

unedited

My heart was pounding against my ribs, my legs moving faster than they ever have before, my breath was shallow. My bare feet where hitting the hard, sometimes sharp sidewalk. I knew where my destination was, it was obvious. I must have been running for a few miles because soon enough I saw the familiar park. The swings now rusted, the monkey bars where falling off, the slides where dirty, the sand pit had grass growing out of it.

I sat down on the swing resting my legs and trying to get air in my lungs. Surprisingly I didn't fall once running here, I thought about everything that has happened. One they read my journal, two I spazzed out at them for it, three I just ran away from them; four they treated me with probably a few thousand dollars’ worth of wardrobe. So I guess, I DID more harm but they need to realize is I was going to tell them I just wasn't ready. I started humming then singing softly, Lights by Ellie Goulding,

"I had a way then losing it all on my own
I had a heart then but the queen has been overthrown
And I'm not sleeping now; the dark is too hard to beat
And I'm not keeping now, the strength I need to push me
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
And dreaming when they're gone
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home
Calling, calling, calling home
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone
Home
Noises, I play within my head"

I wasn't aware that a small crowd had begun to form; I just kept belting the lyrics out with my eyes shut. 

"Lights, lights, lights, lights
Lights, lights, lights, lights
(Home, home)
Lights, lights, lights, lights
Lights, lights
You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
And dreaming when they're gone
'Cause they're calling, calling, calling me home
Calling, calling, calling home"

I finished and I opened my eyes, I saw around 20 or 30 people around me, I then heard clapping and cheering, begging for one more song. I saw a few girls around my age; I got off the swing and went up to them.

"Hey girls! What song do you want me to sing?" They thought about it before one was mentioning me closer, I came closer and she whispered it into my ear. I smiled, and nodded.

"Does anyone play guitar and have it with them?" I asked, someone raised their hand and I walked over to them. I whispered the song into his ear and he nodded. 

"You’re insecure, don't know what for. You’re turning heads when you walk through the door...."

I finished the song and I saw even more people had gathered a man approached me. He was wearing a suit, and holding a briefcase.

"May I help you?" I asked him, "Are you currently signed to any record companies?" He said to me holding a professional looking business card.

"No, I'm only 13!" I said, he handed me the card saying, "Meet me here," He pointed to an address on the card.

"At one o'clock on Tuesday. With a guardian of course." And with that he walked off. I smiled, least my day started to get a little better. I walked back to the flat to see a fuming Louis, Liam, Harry, Zayn and Niall.

"Where have you been?!" Louis said, his eyes filled to the brim with anger.

"I went to a park." I stated simply, Louis walked over to me and grabbed my wrists clutching them so hard there was pain. At this moment he reminded me so much of my past I could bear it.

I forgot all about the card in my fist and I started bawling.

"Louis you’re scaring her!" Niall said, "She scared us by running off like that!" Now I was fuming at him.

"CUZ YOU INVADED MY PRIVACY! Did you ever think that I was going to tell you when I was ready?!" I said trying to shove him away from me, he loosened his grip on my wrists and I backed away from him.

"And at the park, I sang two songs and do you want to know what happened? I got an interview with this company!" I said then throwing the card at Harry; his eyes bulged out at the company.

"Who is it Haz?" Zayn questioned, "Uni- universal record company." He choked out; I just stood there feeling smug.

"My interview thing is on Tuesday at one!" I commented, and then I pranced up the stairs. I walked into my room then I stood on the window sill and I hoisted myself up.

I laid back on the roof with my feet hanging over the edge; before I knew it I was asleep on the roof. I woke up to feeling wet; I opened my eyes to see it pouring rain. I screamed, then I looked down at my window. It was shut closed.

"CRAP!" I started banging on the window, because no way was I jumping down three stories. I was probably banging for ten minutes then a flash of lightning came and struck the tree that was 10 feet away from me. I screamed, like I was being murdered, and I started banged on the window again with both of my hands.

What sucked is I had the window on the opposite side of me, if I climbed over to the other side I would completely slide down the roof. Another crack of lightning came and I screamed again, by now I was almost crying.

"OPEN UP THE WINDOW!" I tried screaming but the roar of the rain pattering on the roof silenced my voice.

I stopped hitting the window, and I gave up. I was chilled to the bone and my clothes offered no protection what so ever, the makeup I had was probably smeared down my face, my nail polish was chipping off too.

"COULD THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE?!" I yelled out into the open, then another clap of thunder came down and the rain was truing into hail. Yup, it could and it just did. I started banging again and this time someone heard me. The window opened, as the same time a bolt of lightning came down. I screamed and lost my grip on the roof, I fell off. Luckily an arm caught me and pulled me inside.

 "Grace what where you doing out there?" I coughed and regretted it, my throat burned horribly.

 "I fell asleep." I whispered

"Harry get her some water, Niall get her a blanket." Liam's voice commanded, "Who caught me?" I whispered my vocal chords hurt with any sound. Harry handed me the glass of water but when I tried to drink it, my throat went on fire. I coughed it back up whimpering in pain. The pain kept getting stronger, little bubbles flashed in my eyes blurring my vision then my senses where cut off and it went black.

*LIAM'S POV* 

"CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

 I yelled at the boys, Grace's body was limp and lifeless. Zayn was talking on the phone then he hung up, a few minutes later we heard the sirens. Louis went down to get the door before they carried her out on a gurney.

"This is my entire fault!" Louis cried, I walked over and hugged him. "No Boo bear it’s not, you didn't know she was out there! We would have done the same thing." I told him rubbing his back as he cried into my shoulder.

"Do you guys think we should let the company sign her?" Harry said after a few minutes of an uncomfortable silence.

"I don't know, I mean this is good for her right?" Zayn said, "But she is already our opening act." Niall pointed out.

"So? We will let her decide I mean she probably will have damaged her vocal chords after this." I said which made Lou cry harder. He lifted his head and said,

"What if she never sings again?" 

*****************************

A/N Don't you love me for leaving you with a cliffhanger? MWAH :* I know you do... Haha okay so you probably hate me but 2 updates in one day WHOOT WHOOT! Wait I updated earlier didn't I...? Hmm okay, I don't know.... BUT, 4 comments and 5 votes for the next chapter! What should I call you guys? 

The Key Lime Pie's? Cuz I was eating Key Lime Pie when I wrote this and it was yummy! 

The coconuts? Cuz I like coconuts ;)

or should I just refer to all you gorgeous readers BABE? 

Comment

Vote

Read!

-Kenzie<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 317 18
Sorry if these seem outdated, the newest one is about two years old. I wrote them for about five years.
50K 561 14
*Disclaimer* I started this in 2012, when I was 13 and Direction obsessed. It is now Jan. of 2017 and I'm almost 18. I'm completely redoing this sto...
218K 5.1K 67
My little sister emailed Zayn Malik of One Direction for 6 months, she loved him, she really did & Sequel to Dear Zayn No great love ever came wit...
7.4K 214 21
"I seem to have no control over myself when I'm with you." CopyrightΒ© 1Deverland Inc. 2016 All Rights Reserved.